• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Ninja turtle

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

Let's say we end up getting this.. Or something like this eventually.

How long until players complain that "it takes too f*cking long to drive anywhere"

The size of the map is perfect for what it needs to be. A relatively large play area.

Now, I do believe that Rockstar will be adding an overhauled SF, LV, and possibly VC to Online, as separate maps loaded by means of an airport interaction menu, but that's a different beast to tackle.

Phantom11
  • Phantom11

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Wow, that's incredible! Looks kinda realistic for a HD map of whole San Andreas. Sad we didn't get that in V, but on current consoles... it would have been a pain in the a**.

gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

damm if it wasn't for online we would have got this map

f*ck

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

You really wanna make the only interesting protagonist unplayable and turn him into the antagonist, leaving us with weak protags?

It would be GTA SA's story all over again. And that's not a good thing.

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Would be impossible on current hardware. I think you guys are really spoiled. R* gave us a beautiful city and pushed the consoles to their absolute limits. The game was as good as good looking as it could be. That's one thing you can;t fault V on, the game is gorgeous!

• COASTERPUNK likes this

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Mission of The week Leader

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

This map is just terrible. Seriously boring. Gonna make us search each Mountain top for a f*cking Letterscrap or Spaceship part. Screw it!

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by United_Stealth, 26 November 2013 - 09:36 PM.

This map would be awesome 0_0

Though it should be implemented right with dense forests etc. Not just a big mountain with nothing on it like V is right now :/

But nice job :^:

Wug
  • Wug

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Dam. 2 sandy shores? SWEEEET!

COASTERPUNK
  • COASTERPUNK

These are the real sounds of Southern San Andreas

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Would be impossible on current hardware. I think you guys are really spoiled. R* gave us a beautiful city and pushed the consoles to their absolute limits. The game was as good as good looking as it could be. That's one thing you can;t fault V on, the game is gorgeous!

I agree, it's like no one can ever appreciate the beautiful worlds Rockstar provides us until the next game comes out (like what happened with IV after V came out, suddenly everyone loves and "misses" IV)

Neo Arcadia
  • Neo Arcadia

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by Neo Arcadia, 27 November 2013 - 12:49 AM.

9/10.

If Los Santos extended further to the east like in real life and there were more small towns, then it would be 10/10.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:33 AM

NO, can we just cut LV out of San Andreas please?

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

Why?

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:00 AM

I read somewhere about 20 years to make such a scale to be possible for playing.
I don't believe this is entirely true, this map could be very well a real in a time frame of max 4 years.
The layout and detailing is most likely computed by engine from the game editor developers have built since IV plus the game assets of SA as well are in stock to work on them. If you just compare V and SA Los Santos it's exactly same except bigger in scale and changes that are newly done on the layout.
Also afaik, mapping is handled differently then modelling assets or objects that go side by side while in development.
Today's technology makes it viable in every way except which hardware you choose to run this map on.

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

:cry:   It's just too beautiful.

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

That would be an awesome map.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

Why?

Honestly at this point I'd rather see a whole GTA set in LV, it was poorly done in SA and completely non-existent here. As for his reasons I have no idea.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:11 AM

As perfect as that map would be, it would be impossible to pull it off on PS3/Xbox 360 hardware with the level of detail you'd expect from a GTA game.

The only way would be if they took some shortcuts ie. used the same 2-3 buildings all over the map, some low quality grass textures, less content overall... sounds too much like a Just Cause game :)

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

As perfect as that map would be, it would be impossible to pull it off on PS3/Xbox 360 hardware with the level of detail you'd expect from a GTA game.

The only way would be if they took some shortcuts ie. used the same 2-3 buildings all over the map, some low quality grass textures, less content overall... sounds too much like a Just Cause game :)

Next-Gen baby.

We've already gotten the entire United States with the power of the Next-Gen. Just look at The Crew.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Outlaw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

it would only be fun if they take such as much care for each part of the map, as they did in V. If the details are the same; and there are a lot of things to do; it would be super awesome.

And I truly believe we will have a map this scale (or even bigger) in a few years...

t-p-d-a
  • t-p-d-a

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

based on the map of the new upcoming game "The Crew" for the PS4 & XboxOne

ghwox596.png

would be damn awesome.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

On next gen, I see this as possible. However, it may be too big to traverse easily and not have enough content for incentive. I'm not complaining, I just think that GTA V was the limit for people who would complain about there not being enough to do with a map that was much bigger in proportion to the number of activities.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:06 PM Edited by xXTacoGuyXx, 01 December 2013 - 02:08 PM.

I read somewhere about 20 years to make such a scale to be possible for playing.
I don't believe this is entirely true, this map could be very well a real in a time frame of max 4 years.
The layout and detailing is most likely computed by engine from the game editor developers have built since IV plus the game assets of SA as well are in stock to work on them. If you just compare V and SA Los Santos it's exactly same except bigger in scale and changes that are newly done on the layout.
Also afaik, mapping is handled differently then modelling assets or objects that go side by side while in development.
Today's technology makes it viable in every way except which hardware you choose to run this map on.

With technology as it is now, i think it is possible already (not on 360 or PS3 though, obviously). I mean, The Crew, a next gen console title, has the entirety of America I believe, albeit condensed a fair bit, i believe it would still be larger than if Rockstar did a map for GTA V that included all of San Andreas. I think the question is more on how long would it take for Rockstar to actually make it, rather than when is it possible to make.

• Tashan likes this

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

Thanks guys you like my map, it gives me hope in this forum. First post is updated with some stuff and I will update map soon if there will be something I can think of to add.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

This is not 'what should've been', it's masturbatory fanboy fantasy. 

Here's me following the same idea:

What the map of GTA VI should be:

photo_cvr_earth1_hr.jpg

There should be 5 main characters and collapsable buildings and jetpacks and Cricket and 24 hour TV blocks and 812 radio stations and eating and sh*tting and wiping asses and more interiors. 

It's kids like you that make me believe that guys like John Wayne Gacy are the great equalizers of western civilization. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

Next-Gen baby.

We've already gotten the entire United States with the power of the Next-Gen. Just look at The Crew.

BgY5RBD.jpg

• TheCornking101 likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

Love the discrimination here.

The Crew has also been announced for PC.

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

This map was exactly how I pictured V to be... .................... ......... .............. .... ... . ... ..  :sarcasm:

tapz63
  • tapz63

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

Lol
Love the discrimination here.

The Crew has also been announced for PC.

Lol discrimination? Ahaahhaa!

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

This is not 'what should've been', it's masturbatory fanboy fantasy. 

Here's me following the same idea:

What the map of GTA VI should be:

I stopped reading at this sentence because you have very little IQ if you think this image is a map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users