Photo

Do you Race Clean? Red Rum Racing

86 replies to this topic
T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

Holiday season is here and Christmas (or whatever you call it) is just a few weeks away. I expect some new folks will be getting GTAV looking for some crews to play with. Look for recruitment opportunities and fresh players to bring to the fold.

• cloudfuel and ToBContinued08 like this

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

I used to love COD just after christmas, slaughtering all the christmas noobs is great  :die:

• ToBContinued08 and KingPancakes like this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

im sure there will be an influx of new players... technically im playing on a christmas present (from ym daughter), that i bought myself, at midnight.. on 17th september... muhahahahaha

• ToBContinued08 likes this

SurlyOldManMN
  • SurlyOldManMN

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

Eh... I'm not sold on the need for privacy.  It's not tough to stand up a forum if you really want to, but I think most of what you'd get could also be accomplished by just creating a subforum here where crews can spin up communication threads as needed.  Assuming they don't explode and cause bandwidth/performance issues; from a strictly technical perspective it's "easy".  They're running this:

http://www.invisionp...com/apps/board/

Based on the admin panel screen shots it looks like a gui tree view is as complicated as it gets.

SurlyOldManMN
  • SurlyOldManMN

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

Eh... I'm not sold on the need for privacy.  It's not tough to stand up a forum if you really want to, but I think most of what you'd get could also be accomplished by just creating a subforum here where crews can spin up communication threads as needed.  Assuming they don't explode and cause bandwidth/performance issues; from a strictly technical perspective it's "easy".  They're running this:

Based on the admin panel screen shots it looks like a gui tree view is as complicated as it gets.

Oooooorrrr we could just use this right here:

http://gtaforums.com...26-crews-gangs/

:facedesk:

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Oooooorrrr we could just use this right here:

http://gtaforums.com...26-crews-gangs/

:facedesk:

Like This :)

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

This crew is so organized & maintained.
I would love to join but unfortunately, i suck at racing lol.

Flavajava
  • Flavajava

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

who to contact for XBOX?

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

racing isnt all we do, but we do consider ourselves mostly racers/drivers, we like to mix it up with survivals, freeroam offroading, Big Rig Driving, bmx sessions, some DM and Missions... between the 70 of us we have diverse tastes lol

its not necessarily racing ability but racing perspective and conduct that we pride ourselves on... the crew operates on a level of mutual respect... whether your a pro or a sunday driver we welcome clean racers... we would rather lose a clean race, than win with dirty tactics... if you dont race because your sick of being smashed off the road at every corner, or some random moron driving backwards round the track then Red Rum might be for you...

we dont judge based on ability. We're a mixed group of abilities, some of us are pretty unstoppable forces on a race track, some of us gave up racing because of random douchbaggery, some of us are pretty much square in the middle...

but if you want a well organized, maintained and friendly crew, thats got members worldwide so usually always someone online... Red Rum might be the place for you... as we are a racing crew we do ask you run a couple of races with some crew members before we accept/extend an invite... its not an ability test (we will even coach you on courses your not familiar with if you ask) but a check of mutual respect for other racers and your general perspective on what it means to be part of a crew

If you take a read of the Gentlemans Rules (check the second post in the thread) and the crew description in this thread and you think we are the right crew for you, then hook up for a race with someone, explain your opinion of your ability (we forgive mistakes, but intentional bad driving is frowned upon) and im sure they will be kind and accomodating on the track :)

who to contact for XBOX?

LuapYllier GrndZero or Cloudfuel (all can be found on the GTAforums with these usernames, XBL GT vary slightly) are 3 of our more senior and regular Xbox members, if your interested to join the crew they are probably your best bet to begin with, run some races with them, ask for an invite and im sure they will work something out with you... although were an invite only crew were open to new members, provided they are happy to abide by the Gentlemans Rules (check the second post in the thread)

• cloudfuel likes this

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Yeah Red Rum is great.

You'll get better racing one night with these guys than you ever will racing randoms, some of the RRR1's are lightning on the track but the races are pretty close most of the time, plus it makes it even sweeter when you manage to beat them

• ToBContinued08 likes this

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

Don't let the "Racing" aspect fool you. That's what we primarily stick too but we are a very free-flowing crew. Want to get past that mission? Just tell us and we will help. The members in this crew are always willing to help should it be needed. You can quickly see who is really active in this crew. Just like Mo-Seph said, either a Sunday cruiser or Pro Runner, we respect every level and enjoy th company and good times.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

Yeah Red Rum is great.

You'll get better racing one night with these guys than you ever will racing randoms, some of the RRR1's are lightning on the track but the races are pretty close most of the time, plus it makes it even sweeter when you manage to beat them

you hold your own pretty damn well on the track though curley, i know weve had some really close battles heading into the finsih line a few times, neck and neck wondering whos gonna lose that fraction of a second in the corner, or when you last minute slipstreamed me on grand tour to take that third place and cost me the title of the playlist... damn you lol.... all in good fun and well respected racing :)

Don't let the "Racing" aspect fool you. That's what we primarily stick too but we are a very free-flowing crew. Want to get past that mission? Just tell us and we will help. The members in this crew are always willing to help should it be needed. You can quickly see who is really active in this crew. Just like Mo-Seph said, either a Sunday cruiser or Pro Runner, we respect every level and enjoy th company and good times.

words from the mouth of our leader himself... :)

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

who to contact for XBOX?

You can hit me up with friend request...put RRR somewhere in it.
  • cloudfuel likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

who to contact for XBOX?

You can hit me up with friend request...put RRR somewhere in it.

and right on cue the man swoops in like an eagle... good work fella :)

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

We are stocked with really high quality but thin numbers on the xbox side so far...jumping on every chance i get to add a new member.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

we do seem very ps3 heavy, but were getting more blaance, although i am jealous that you guys get videos of your laps... id love to capture some of our crew sessions on the ps3 side

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

Lol...a couple of us did a tractor trailor impromptu from far north tip to the beach near the amusement park...wish we had video of that. Was pretty crazy with 4 stars and multiple players hunting us down by the end.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Lol...a couple of us did a tractor trailor impromptu from far north tip to the beach near the amusement park...wish we had video of that. Was pretty crazy with 4 stars and multiple players hunting us down by the end.

Was that in a public lobby as it sounds awesome??

Sone of my favourite sessions are when we go offroading, its mixes it up on the track but last night was awesome with a mix of stuff, flippin bikes,impromptu racing to gang attack locations, bmxing, barefisting, then a full scale war with the police, all finished up with some track racing and a failed playlist lol.. Good times

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

Yeah it was public and full.

Im in an empty and lonely session now... no one on...

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

impromptu in public sessions are funny, dodging greifers and tanks, over on the ps3 side we tend to crew only session alot, but i do enjoy a good public lobby

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

I cannot stand public free roam lobbies. If that was the only choice available I would not play GTAO.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

I dont like public if i am trying to do anything other than goof off. But when there is only two of you crew session gets kinda lonely.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

I dont like public if i am trying to do anything other than goof off. But when there is only two of you crew session gets kinda lonely.

helooo ooo ooo oooo oooo ooooo                  lol

tbh i don't actually mind being in an invite only session alone, or if there's just one or two of us riding bikes...

my mood changes though, sometime is like the challenge of a public lobby and the random events that can happen, but i defo wouldn't want to sacrifice the ability for invite only/crew only lobbies

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

Im going to be setting up a crew session tonight (+2) for red rum and friends on the xbox. I will be hanging out for most of the evening in there looking to get some awards done like bank trucks, parachute 40 feet from ground, packages impromptu races etc. Come join me. Lets help each other out.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

Xbox drivers with a mind toward clean laps wanted. Hit me up with a PM.

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

check out this place, you guys can have your own website for free, In APex we got our forum here and it works wonderfully ,http://www.enjin.com/forums check out the down right corner of this page.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

cheers for the update rick. not sure if the external site link is gonna cause this thread to be locked too (which may have been the cause on our other thread) but we have a few RRR members that have their own hosting which allows php forums to be created, were still uncertain on whether to move in that direction...

If so GunWrath (or any other mod/admin to whom we have the greatest respect) please just remove the link, please dont lock the thread... moderate dont obliterate... cheers :)

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

cheers for the update rick. not sure if the external site link is gonna cause this thread to be locked too (which may have been the cause on our other thread) but we have a few RRR members that have their own hosting which allows php forums to be created, were still uncertain on whether to move in that direction...

If so GunWrath (or any other mod/admin to whom we have the greatest respect) please just remove the link, please dont lock the thread... moderate dont obliterate... cheers :)

Let me go ahead and clarify why your other thread was closed as to avoid any confusion. 

The gang/crew section is for groups who wish to be based here at gtaforums and nowhere else.  Thus we don't allow any links to external websites (Private forum links are allowed though.) 

The Recruitment section on the other hand is for groups who simply wish to use these forums as a way to get members for their crew thus why we only require a social club link and platform(s) played on to set up a thread here.  Whatever you put beyond those two requirements is totally up to you.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the information Toke. Is there any chance the offensive post with the link in it can be removed and the thread unlocked?

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:50 AM Edited by mo-seph, 13 December 2013 - 02:20 PM.

Let me go ahead and clarify why your other thread was closed as to avoid any confusion. 

The gang/crew section is for groups who wish to be based here at gtaforums and nowhere else.  Thus we don't allow any links to external websites (Private forum links are allowed though.) 

The Recruitment section on the other hand is for groups who simply wish to use these forums as a way to get members for their crew thus why we only require a social club link and platform(s) played on to set up a thread here.  Whatever you put beyond those two requirements is totally up to you.

hi toke,

appreciate you clarifying, i work on forums myself so its always nice when a mod gives you a heads up onn why action was taken, ill be honest it confused me as to why it was locked, but then a fellow crew mate noted that a non crew member had posted an external link.

In those situations is your usual mod guideline to lock, rather than just deleting/removing the offending breach of the board rules (i.e the external link) as suggested by Luap?? Just so we know and can conduct ourselves accordingly. I like the GTAF community and much prefer to play by the rules set out, but knowledge is key

Edit* just as a side note we do actively promote the GTAF (in game and on our social club page)  to all crew members as a place to find the latest info on RRR goings on, join in our crew discussions, find our events etc. RRR started from the GTAF and we appreciate the forum as a place we all connected, although we've acquired some members from other places the majority of the crew is made up of GTAF members, but your direction helps us to stay within the section rules for our threads and discussion

Cheers buddy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users