A question about Duping..

12 replies to this topic
Mike Haddrick
  • Mike Haddrick

Not your favorite poster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

I heard about the new duping process and I was wondering....Can you possibly be banned for the glitch?

Not like I'm scared or anything. 

Shepard_scared_face.png

I'm f*cking terrified of being banned.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm new to PC gaming pls be gentle

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

I don't think there's anyway anyone could tell if the vehicle in your garage was duped or not, unless it's one of those obvious vehicles like Snow vehicles and what not.

Even then the likelihood of someone getting banned is so incredibly tiny that you shouldn't worry about it. If they haven't banned anyone yet for duping or using the LSC glitch then I'm certain they're not going to start anytime soon.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

I duped a bagger by accident with my friend.

He put it in a garage and in the last update it wasn't there anymore.

So I guess they could see if it was duped or not.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

My brothers friend was banned for breathing

2AL17Gt.gif

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

I duped a bagger by accident with my friend.

He put it in a garage and in the last update it wasn't there anymore.

So I guess they could see if it was duped or not.

Not sure what happened, when I got online even though all of my police vehicles were gone I still had my Teddy Bodhi and my Franklin's Buffalo, both of which were obviously duped.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by Odesza, 25 November 2013 - 02:11 PM.

I don't think there's anyway anyone could tell if the vehicle in your garage was duped or not, unless it's one of those obvious vehicles like Snow vehicles and what not.

Even then the likelihood of someone getting banned is so incredibly tiny that you shouldn't worry about it. If they haven't banned anyone yet for duping or using the LSC glitch then I'm certain they're not going to start anytime soon.

R* can tell are you kidding me  :panic:

the ID/Value on items change when it's duplicated, it has a different value compared to what is listed by ones registered with the server, meaning R* could delete all duped items with a fairly simple script.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

the ID/Value on items change when it's duplicated, it has a different value compared to what is listed by ones registered with the server, meaning R* could delete all duped items with a fairly simple script.

Ah, I just figured it turned into, basically, a randomly spawning car after it's duped. 

Oh, well, either way, they probably don't care enough to do anything as long as it's not one of those "unobtainable" vehicles. But, then again, I'm surprised they cared enough about the Police vehicles...

Legendstig
  • Legendstig

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Nope it doesn't bro...

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Nope it doesn't bro...

I don't think you know the difference between server side and client side.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

My brothers friend was banned for breathing

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris get banned for duping his friend's car.

• MantisFang and Odesza like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

I actually just watched ferris buellers day off last night

• cloudfuel likes this

Legendstig
  • Legendstig

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by Legendstig, 25 November 2013 - 02:25 PM.

Nope it doesn't bro...

I don't think you know the difference between server side and client side.

Lmfao ok....

Edit.
Im genuinely interested in how you think this works mate. Im not being patronising and thanks in advance.

Legendstig
  • Legendstig

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

I don't think wel have bans till they sort the game out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users