Photo

Fighter Jet Dogfighting GTA 5

32 replies to this topic
The Pr0fessional
  • The Pr0fessional

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

im trying to become a good fighter jet dogfighter but i need help and guidance i listen well and i need a lot of practice would make a good co pilot all i do in gta 5 is fly jet but i need help learning how to get behind people techniques and dogfighting i am on 360  please help

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i likely hate you already

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

use third person view to spot and get into position behind people, and use the lock on to help spot them.

then when they're in your sights, switch to first person and use the machine guns on them, a few shots will be an instant kill

• The Pr0fessional likes this

The Pr0fessional
  • The Pr0fessional

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

ok going to practice with that thakyou any tips on how to get behind them when your bring tailed by enemy jet fighters

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• The Yakuza
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

just go straight up and turn left or right, or straight down, turn 180 degrees, and do a loop to get them in your sights

most people aren't hard to take on because out of everyone i encountered in jets were as easily taken out as a bus with no wheels

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

use third person view to spot and get into position behind people, and use the lock on to help spot them.
then when they're in your sights, switch to first person and use the machine guns on them, a few shots will be an instant kill

that's actually a useful tip. I wanna try that now.

The Pr0fessional
  • The Pr0fessional

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

ok thanks going to go practice doing loops and sh*t in air and getting behind jets going to go shadow box it lol thanks again trying to become a really good jet pilot og status hopefully in time this is just for freemode though but let me go practice and shadow box it thanks

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• The Yakuza
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

ok thanks going to go practice doing loops and sh*t in air and getting behind jets going to go shadow box it lol thanks again trying to become a really good jet pilot og status hopefully in time this is just for freemode though but let me go practice and shadow box it thanks

you could TRY doing it in jet deathmatches but you'll be missile spammed and kamikazed for sure

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Use guns, missiles are sh*te

The Pr0fessional
  • The Pr0fessional

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

yeah it is im tired of getting owned by other jet fighters simply because i dont know any techniques or how to get behind them when there behind me :)

The Pr0fessional
  • The Pr0fessional

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

i dont use missiles i always use guns lol not that trashy XD thanks though im mostly tring to get good for freemode soi can protect myself well

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:22 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 25 November 2013 - 01:26 PM.

Missiles are useless unless A) there is only one target in range or B) everything in range has to die.

To avoid missiles they must be tailing you (this may not work for perpendicular or head on evasion) pull a max-speed sharp loop up. The missile will always outpace you but you can peel off it with a sharper turn. I assume this would work sideways but I've never thought to try it.

To lose a jet tail I go close to ground and structures and pull a lot of zig zag maneouvers. It's easy to get confused with the radar when sideways or upside down and very risky to even look at it when your near structures. I also vary my speed. Sometimes the best way to get behind someone is to just let them pass you.

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

It's also worth learning the missile warning chirps, there are those that tell you when you've been locked on it, and those that indicate when a missile is chasing you, using these chirps you can judge when to take evasive action to avoid an oncoming missile.

The Pr0fessional
  • The Pr0fessional

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

ok thanks guys im going to take all this in consideration please keep me posted with any new techniques you can find or thank of if any of you want to free mode it up and dominate in air im on 360

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

If you can master BF3/Bf4 Jets. The ones in GTAO are easy. Since there's no flares or nothing you have to do sharp knife turns and crazy loops. Most of the other people I encounter in Jets just spam rockets and dont use the machine gun. Same with choppers, just spray them with the MG. 

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'd recommend you google some actual dogfighting techniques.

I've used some common evasive maneuvers successfully against people that were chasing me.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by jdice1980, 25 November 2013 - 05:04 PM.

Being a fighter plane enthusiast I've spent hundreds of hours in flight sims and studying real life fighter maneuvers. Unfortunately, none of them really work in this game. The fighter physics are atrocious. Rudder control is a a joke. You can't even perform a split s because vertical performance is out of whack. You don't gain enough altitude in the positive...and in the negative you loose way too much...even with throttle control.

In other words....real life tactics are no use...you need GTA tactics...and it looks like some people seem to know them.

Edit to add: some of them will work occasional...but because the physics are unrealistic its only going to happen if the opponent isn't taking advantage of insanely tight turn radii or some other poor physical elements of the overall design.

DeadpoolX
  • DeadpoolX

Knee-Deep in The Dead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Play Ace Combat. You'll be an ace pilot in no time.

yakuza65
  • yakuza65

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Jets dog fighting isn't so hard. Jets vs buzzards is f*cking hard.

The Pr0fessional
  • The Pr0fessional

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

anybody play on 360 that wont to play with me all i do though is fly but you dont have to get in jet maybe one of you can show me sh*t thanks

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security LTA

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

I enjoy flying the jet and stunt planes, for example in the mission Top Fun II it's easy to evade the missiles, but most people don't know how to fly a plane. I did the flying school in SP, and it helps a lot actually, you can apply it when flying the jet. 

The Pr0fessional
  • The Pr0fessional

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

one more thing does anyone know how to do any good techniques that gets you behind another enemy jet player when their tailing you?

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:20 AM

Jets dog fighting isn't so hard. Jets vs buzzards is f*cking hard.

Buzzards are actually pretty easy to take down when you're in a jet.
Their machine guns are sh*te and their missiles are easy to shake off plus you can quickly go under or over and shoot them up the arse.

OP. Use your rudder in turns to make them sharper, 60 degree left or right bank, hard rudder on whichever side you're turn and pull back. You'll be able to break their tail fairly easily.
It gets a bit complicated when you've got 2 or more jets trying to shoot you down, enlarge your radar and plan your escape.

Finally, use your missiles, lock them, fire and immediately switch to guns. While they're trying to evade your missiles, they leave themselves rather open to your gun attacks.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:24 AM

Using the top front trigger button to make much tighter turns as well..... and to make even tighter turns, you almost want to sort of fly toward the ground while turning..... sorry, it's hard to explain what I mean.  Anyway, once you make enough tight turns, you'll eventually be behind the other plane (he will most likely still be trying to get behind you)... so you might find yourselves flying in circles, each trying to get behind one another....as long as you're making tighter turns, just keep shooting your guns.... he will eventually fly right into your machine gun cannons.......

Works for me every time.

ExMaj
  • ExMaj

DogFighter

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:36 AM

Wow noobs, noobs everywhere

TheForgottenOne
  • TheForgottenOne

Fearsome Tanker

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:02 AM

no one can ensure to win a dogfight for 100%.so don't let other fools get jets.or you will suffer.

ExMaj
  • ExMaj

DogFighter

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

I can ensure to win a merge dogfight 100%

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:35 AM

Dogfights on this game are a little meh anyway... it's basically first hit, first kill, more rounds aren't needed.

But at least I can always break out of circle jerking unlike in BF. Most players in jets just go after ground targets but once their confronted, it's bye bye quickly

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

Dogfights would be better if we had limited ammo

ExMaj
  • ExMaj

DogFighter

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

Dogfights on this game are a little meh anyway... it's basically first hit, first kill, more rounds aren't needed.

But at least I can always break out of circle jerking unlike in BF. Most players in jets just go after ground targets but once their confronted, it's bye bye quickly

We do 1 vs 1 Dogfights professionally. 60 minutes and 15 kills as a target score.

LongJohnTeabagger
  • LongJohnTeabagger

LJT out.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:50 AM Edited by ProLaps, 19 January 2015 - 07:51 AM.

im trying to become a good fighter jet dogfighter but i need help and guidance i listen well and i need a lot of practice would make a good co pilot all i do in gta 5 is fly jet but i need help learning how to get behind people techniques and dogfighting i am on 360  please help

ok going to practice with that thakyou any tips on how to get behind them when your bring tailed by enemy jet fighters

anybody play on 360 that wont to play with me all i do though is fly but you dont have to get in jet maybe one of you can show me sh*t thanks

This is a good tip for you, Pr0fessional.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users