Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

I can't believe I actually missed ITSHAPPENING.gif

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

R* could move to only releasing future GTA games to function as an online game only.  Imagine how many heads would explode then... but it wouldn't matter... R* would continue to set the trend and write the book on sandbox gaming.

Imagine how many customers they would lose, I estimate 60%.

If GTA0 Solo mode was as rich as a single player game by itself, online would not be an issue for me; I'd buy the next GTA online-only. 

But the fundamental concept that Rockstar and at least half the community thinks that GTA is an appropriate game for online / multiplayer just worries me.  It isn't. 

By their very nature, multiplayer and online modes can only lead to PvP wargaming and griefing.  Even if they gave us only sticks and broken bottles, half of the players would figure out how to use them to grief the other half.  :bored:

That's the true nature of online gaming.  :p

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

R*, the reason most people buy GTA is for the STORY not for the online part. If your games become more online centred I don't think I'm going to bother purchasing them anymore. You put things like apartments and garages in online but for some reason you couldn't put them in SP. Same for customisation and INVENTORY. Do you have any idea how helpful and inventory would have been in SP? I'm sorry but if this is it for SP, i'm finished.

Complains about Online being given more love than SP. Has Online crew recruitment in signature. Unintentionally illustrates nature of GTA forums.

Android
  • Android

Innuendo

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Superior Mobile OS

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

nothing is happening at all ._.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Devs not embracing online is like bands and artists not embracing iTunes. If you don't keep up with the times you get left behind.

They could've done what Bethesda did and let Online be developed by a separate company with R* North's supervision. That way you have a great single player game as well as an online one for those who like that without watering down the single player game.

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

R* could move to only releasing future GTA games to function as an online game only.  Imagine how many heads would explode then... but it wouldn't matter... R* would continue to set the trend and write the book on sandbox gaming.

Imagine how many customers they would lose, I estimate 60%.

If GTA0 Solo mode was as rich as a single player game by itself, online would not be an issue for me; I'd buy the next GTA online-only. 

But the fundamental concept that Rockstar and at least half the community thinks that GTA is an appropriate game for online / multiplayer just worries me.  It isn't. 

By their very nature, multiplayer and online modes can only lead to PvP wargaming and griefing.  Even if they gave us only sticks and broken bottles, half of the players would figure out how to use them to grief the other half.  :bored:

That's the true nature of online gaming.  :p

Totally.  GTAO has contacts and missions, etc. many of which I haven't dabbled in yet b/c there's just so much stuff going on.  it's a lot to take in for a casual gamer like myself.  Future games going completely online wouldn't mean that there wouldn't be a story and missions, rather it would all be online based with just mostly assets coming on the DVD or whatever the media might be then.

Those things you speak of are the true nature of young human beings and what happens when COMPETITION sparks up between some of them.  That's something I just don't get with the story.  Of course, there will be bullies, bad-asses, and such online but now there are more effective tools with GTAO that help out (assists from Lester, Merryweather, etc.) with those kinds of players.  You will have to think and yes, maybe get slayed several times before success, but that makes the victory that much sweeter.

I truly believe that those GTA fans who are knocking GTAO simply haven't experienced it enough to get it, like myself just one month ago.  It's like I'm saying to you all, "holy shiat, R* games just invented the automobile.  get in, you gotta take a ride", but so many of the haters simply balk, "no thanks, phuck that...  I'll get on my horse out back and follow you"

peace

• RowanSane likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

those who claim to know the reason that everyone buys GTA being for the single player story need to get out more often.  Those whom I play GTA with were salivating over dreams of how online multiplayer would be improved upon in the years and months prior to ONLINE's birth.  Single player will become less important as the functionality and diversity of online worlds increases, to the masses I predict.

The more bed-wetter-comments I read from single player fans lamenting anything and everything to do with ONLINE, the more I realize that I would enjoy an opportunity for a gang of us online players to beat the crap out this bunch of whining single players. (online, of course)  And, after we whipped the single-player-crybabies' asses, then I'd invite all of you back to my downtown apartment for drinks, smokie and maybe some girls...  no hard feelings... ;)

you single player bitches just can't handle the city when its full of real players. 

there is nothing over complicated about online at this point, other than being pitted against other real players that can show just how good your are not.

online is the future, and the future is now.

I've been playing GTA over a decade and couldn't fathom a gta multiplayer. It's here... and unforunately I find it rather dull. I still play every week or every other week, but multiplayer lacks a story... hell the story lacks a story. Creating a universe is R*'s bread and butter and if the future for GTA is purely online, I think the franchise's future is grim.

xPwnagezz
  • xPwnagezz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Hey assholes, there are these things called opinions. Also, if you haven't played online and say it sucks then your opinion is just invalid. Play it, get to level 20 and you'll start to enjoy it. People say it sucks, but IMO its really fun. Another thing, people bitch about dlc coming to sp and say r* ripped them off, then they complain about no dlc for singleplayer, make up you f*cking mind. And to complete my rant, not all kids are bad. I've met some pretty cool kids online, and most are more mature than you asshats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users