Stealing crates

27 replies to this topic
Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

I wish I was recording this when it happened, but I didn't know it was going to happen. But if you have ever jacked a crate from another player, share your story.

I'll go first. I just got done helping somebody with the Titan job. I wanted to call it a day so when we respawned at the Sandy Shores airfield, I took the Luxor to fly back home with. I then noticed a crate had dropped over by the LS river in Cypress Flats, so I B lined it there. Instead of landing the plane, I bailed from it because I saw another player also going for the crate. I free fall for a bit and opened my chute. I was coming in fast and landed on the crate, smashing it open and collecting the 2k RP and cash. I didn't realize this until I looked down at the bottom left of my screen and saw the RP and cash message.

Unfortunately, as soon as I looked back up, that other player that was trying to get it shot me dead only feet away from me. I couldn't shoot at him because of the animation of taking off my pack was going on.

I know, I know. Riveting take 'ol chap and what not. I didn't think that landing on a crate would break it open. Do you guys have any crate stealing stories of your own?
  • pr0n- likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

murdered everyone heading towards a special crate, using a buzzard lol

i've only been leveling up in freemode lately, so take no chances i guess

• stonedpimpso likes this

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:28 AM Edited by z0etr0pe, 25 November 2013 - 09:15 AM.

i was buzzing around in my buzzard when a crate dropped in the hills above the city. i was so excited to get over there i crashed into a sign and blew up my buzzard (fail, i know). i re-spawned on the ground and jacked a karin futo and hauled ass for the crate. i was the first one there and got the contents (xp and a rocket launcher). within seconds, some buffoon in a cargobob showed up and tried to crash his helicopter into me. i used the rocket launcher i had just attained and blew him up into a thousand pieces. it was fate.  :pp

HoemoMoose
  • HoemoMoose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Me and this guy were racing to the drop area. Just as we got to the area the message saying "a crate has been dropped" came up. We stopped at the red smoke waiting for it. Just as i stepped out of my car suddenly a box falls from the sky right on my characters head, which broke it and of course dropped the contents on me. Right place at the right time
  • adoreonerr and Dasrouse like this

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

Me and this guy were racing to the drop area. Just as we got to the area the message saying "a crate has been dropped" came up. We stopped at the red smoke waiting for it. Just as i stepped out of my car suddenly a box falls from the sky right on my characters head, which broke it and of course dropped the contents on me. Right place at the right time

why are you using my picture?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

why are you using my picture?

Because it's the closest thing he has to being inside you.

• BockasaurusRex, stonedpimpso and adoreonerr like this

YoungMivy
  • YoungMivy

Secret Stripper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

I got put into a lobby where the crate was glitched so it never dropped but 4-7 people were standing in the middle of the circle talking on their mics so I proceed to f*ck with them and call in merryweather for a airstrike, Since the flare is almost the same as the crates flare they didn't know I called it in. I blew them all up but I destroyed their pv's also so I had to pay 40k, worth it though.

Coruscation
  • Coruscation

Trying to remain objective.

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Had a 5k bounty on myself last night. Ran into a crate drop that was inside the ravine near Paleto bay, as another guy was going for it from the opposite direction. Shot open the crate, picked up the spoils (10x RPG Ammo, 2.5kRP) and the guy coming from the other way splattered me with his car. This happened in the space of about a second.

Bailamos1
  • Bailamos1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

Saturday:

Had a bounty for 9000 $ on my head, a hacker called "c2n45and so on" putted it on me, so already 4-5 guys chased me, I was keep running and hiding and shoting them - so right after 20 minuttes I took a truck and left, it took a little while and suddenly all five "hunters" were chasing me on the motorway directing to trevors airfield. In that moment the crate came down from the heaven and landed close to me, I jumped of and got one rocket launcher bullet + 2500 RP. I used that rocket bullet on all five hunters and myself (self-bomber). It was hilarious and damn fun

Sunday:

I "borrowed" a fighter jet from the military base, escaped by flying over the clouds from the police and got rit of the stars, as the message came that a box was right underneath me in the area of Tongva Valley, on a mountain, I landed on the mountain since it was quiet flated. While I run to the crate, another guy on his jet crashed 60 feet from me by the crate and died - I was catapulled in the air and died almost, but just made... run to the crate and got 5900 $ + 2500 RP - I almost weted my pants by this situation, it was hilarious.

Enjoy the game guys :)

Bailamos

BigBadBarstow
  • BigBadBarstow

RED GHOSTS

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Saw the smoke...it never fell

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

A special crate was gonna be dropped.

EVERY PLAYERS WENT THERE.

I got a bounty by some angry person I killed by self defence right before. I go to the drop area and some epic battle happens. I get killed sometimes but I kill some entire crew in a boss moment and I was like ''omg how did I jsut do that'' then I get another bounty of 9000 by some guy so I kinda retreated...

I tried to get a shirt or something but I gave up and went to my appart...but the battle on the docks was really amazing with police maveriks all around, explosions and gunshots.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

Was at a special crate drop location and a twanker appeared.  Well, when I got him out of his tank, he turned out to be a real pushover - like so many twankers are.  I killed him a few times, everybody else left the area.  Then I accidentally dropped a grenade at my feet and when I respawned I immediately went into passive mode and taunted the twanker douche for a little while before getting bored and leaving.

Fought two tiny wars over two other regular flares.  Good fighting but in the end those guys were better than me and I gave up and changed sessions... only to see messages that crates had dropped.  So I bee-lined to them and collected because everybody else in the new sessions was killing each other.

Vespucci Hipster
  • Vespucci Hipster

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

I ran a guy over that was running for the crate. He was 3 steps from getting it. I parked over his corpse and picked up the loot

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Who cares about crates... the only nice thing is to kill people who are looking for them

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

I don't go for crates unless they're very close or a special crate. I've never had to fight over them though.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

I got put into a lobby where the crate was glitched so it never dropped but 4-7 people were standing in the middle of the circle talking on their mics so I proceed to f*ck with them and call in merryweather for a airstrike, Since the flare is almost the same as the crates flare they didn't know I called it in. I blew them all up but I destroyed their pv's also so I had to pay 40k, worth it though.

I like it :D

Blew a guy up with the buzzard who was probably 3 metres away from it.

250rp and 2000 bucks...the precision was better than that sh*t.

YoungMivy
  • YoungMivy

Secret Stripper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

I like it :D

Blew a guy up with the buzzard who was probably 3 metres away from it.
250rp and 2000 bucks...the precision was better than that sh*t.
Bravo mister polo, Bravo ;)

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

has anyone else camped at the drop off zone with off the radar and a sticky bomb on the crate? now that will earn you a rage message and a vote to kick.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

I had a fun crate recovery happen to me yesterday.

I was putting about in a fighter Jet when I saw that a crate had dropped at the docks and started off towards it. As I'm getting closer I see someone else is also headed that way but they have a huge lead on me, however they're on the ground. I pass them of course and land my fighter jet in the middle of the docks without a scratch. As I'm taxying my jet towards the crate I launch a few missles to take care of the npc's that are there to protect it. Apparently they managed to get all the way up on the cranes so it was nice to see my missles lock on.

I hop out of the jet, start running towards the crate which is exactly when the other guy shows up, I shoot him, get the crate then quickly head back into the jet at which point the other player re-spawns. I know he fired a few shots at me as I was taking off but it was already too late. I was afterburning that bitch up in the clouds.

Must have seemed funny from his perspective though, not exactly usual to see a player land a jet on the docks and then seeing that same player take off lol.

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

last night was running death matches with the crew. before this we were in a lobby with only a handful of players, one in particular was a level 99 and had killed a crew mate, so we ganged up on him and killed him a few times. honestly, he was good, and for 4 vs 1 he got us a fair amount of times. so we queue up for another match and afterwards end up in the same lobby we were in before, cept now it's just this guy, and 2 of us. we get a notification that a special crate drop is inbound when we enter and I see that he's already by the airport waiting for it. I told my crew mate to vote to kick since neither of us would make it in time.. my only regret is that I didn't get to hear the rage. turns out the drop was bugged anyway, it never came. still worth it.. 

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Not too long after the game launched, I was flying a Maverick and went for a crate at the same time as another guy. He had killed the enemies and was running for it up on a hill of some kind. He was just about to get it when I swooped down and -- despite the incredible nerfing of the heli's controls since IV -- caught him with my blades and killed him, then landed immediately, hopped out, and grabbed it. Then I killed him again and flew off.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Who cares about crates... the only nice thing is to kill people who are looking for them

What no one cares about is your opinion, cheater. I'd kill you before you had a chance to draw your weapon. But like most glitchers, you'd probably just put twenty bounties on me so someone else could do your dirty work ... that's what happened the last time I came across a glitcher and easily killed him. What the moron didn't know is that the guys in the session around me were my friends, so he was simply giving my crew money. 

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Anyone else have a story to share?

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:01 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 25 November 2013 - 11:02 PM.

Twice. Both in similar circumstances.

First one dropped on Del Perro beach. I was flying a Mallard close by at the time but there was a dude even closer than I. In a failed attempt to beat him to it, I bailed out too low and smacked into the ground dead. As I respawned, he rushed to the crate and was gunned down by the waiting mercs. I then sauntered in, killed the mercs, took the crate drop and then proceeded to fight off most of the lobby on Del Perro pier until my bounty expired.

Second time was in Rockford Hills, and again, I was bombing it out there in a Buzzard. In somewhat of a brainfart moment, instead of using the rockets I dive-bombed the guy running for the crate like a champ. Killed myself and destroyed the chopper, as well as him and his car. Respawned me behind an un-climbable hedge that I had to walk all the way around. Happily, this guy was also dumb and while I was being hindered by foiliage, he got his ass shot by the Lost. I again sauntered in - albeit under fire from another dude who'd pitched up - and took the crate drop. And then I died.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 25 November 2013 - 11:07 PM.

I was in an invite session with a few people and a crate seemed to be dropping every 20 mins or so. I didn't know it was some special event, I just figured they always drop(just started playing online a few days ago). So I saw another message about a crate dropping, and decided to drive like 10 miles to get to it. Nobody else even attempted to bother with it. Most boring crate recovery ever. After that, I tried to get one more at a different place but some NPC that spawned with the crate killed me.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

I didn't collect the crate but I did kill the 6 other people waiting for it, I was flying around in my shamal i bought from Pegasus and I noticed a crate was about to drop. I jumped out my plane not too high up from the ground and I managed to blow up 6 players including 3 PV's with my shamal, I dropped down to go collect the crate but someone else must have got it cause it wasn't there. I felt like a bad ass, they spawn killed me a bunch of times but my ps3 ended up freezing so I got off for the day.

Mike Honcho
  • Mike Honcho

Packin' Dips

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

Went for a crate on the beach in my Buzzard. Once I got close I saw that there were 4 other guys who had gotten there before me, but were all doing battle with each other. Proceeded to land on a hill a little ways away and sniped them for the next 10 min as they tried to make suicide runs for the crate. Must have gotten 20 kills. Good times.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

I remember a special crate dropping at the vinewood racetrack and since I was already in a buzzard I thought I wold go swoop it up. Well As I was collecting it I saw 3 other players incoming. I wasn't alarmed even though two were flying at me but as I collected the $5K and 5K RP and my minigun I heard an explosion along with one of them dying and the other two close behind, by the time that all three were in the middle of the racetrack I was already in the air free to go. All of their directional pointers were looking in my direction as I flew away unscathed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users