upon replaying RDR

74 replies to this topic
QuietJosh
  • QuietJosh

Cynical and Grumpy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Never had the chance to play RDR. Thought about it, always passed on it.

Until after reading the comments here, I decided to check out the price on Amazon. Believe it or not, it's 50% off at the moment for the GotY edition ($14.99 USD). Ordered.

Looking forward to the SP part. I'll pass on the MP - it's hard enough finding guys to play with a deaf guy on GTA:O, I can't imagine how bare the RDR servers are right now, heh.

Any good tips?

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

When you first arrive in Mexico, and that Jose Gonzalez song comes on, one of the few times in the game where they use licensed music, and its dark and your mini-map is blank and you dunno where anything is, such an amazing gaming moment, felt totally isolated, just as I'm sure they intended.

That's one of my all-time favourite game moments! Such a long way from home.

Yup, been playing games forever, this was one of those few standout moments, I'll always remember it.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

My mechanic has gotten better since the last patch!. Still kill him tho 

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by Varios Los Aztecas, 25 November 2013 - 04:38 PM.

Until after reading the comments here, I decided to check out the price on Amazon. Believe it or not, it's 50% off at the moment for the GotY edition ($14.99 USD). Ordered.

Looking forward to the SP part. I'll pass on the MP - it's hard enough finding guys to play with a deaf guy on GTA:O, I can't imagine how bare the RDR servers are right now, heh.

Any good tips?

For SP? Take your time, I felt I rushed it abit, lived with a girl at the time and didn't wanna be hoggin' up the TV all day, but I would say take your time, head out, explore, don't always run in shooting, and oh yeah, turn off auto-aim and mini-map.

• QuietJosh likes this

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

sometimes i go as far to believe that they purposely dumbified the game for all the pot heads that would buy it just because it was grand theft auto

haha you sound like an uneducated douche

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

Speaking of invisible players in RDR just came across my first one in GTA5. Here we go again.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Speaking of invisible players in RDR just came across my first one in GTA5. Here we go again.

I wonder how long it is until people are running after me, invincible, and wielding a golden knife?

Lol, dealing with modders on Red Dead was always fun. No a single one of them were actually good at the game.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:18 PM Edited by Tantrix, 25 November 2013 - 05:22 PM.

i noticed that calling your horse is the same as calling the mechanic, only it works 99% of the time, unlike that lazy ass

how could rockstar screw it up?

It's true, lots of things in RDR work better than GTA V.

Any good tips?

The multiplayer servers aren't bare...I still play it several nights a week.

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Really wish we could at least ride a horse in gta5

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 25 November 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Any good tips?

You will not get disappointed, I can guarantee that :) My tip is to take your time to do everything possible in this game, don't rush through story mode but explore the world, the people and the animals and enjoy the journey. Do all the challenges, they are fun. And yeah hogtie a lady, put her on the railway and watch her get smashed buy the train.

And btw; the multiplayer sessions are not empty :) Give it a try, I think you can get some good fun out of that too! 

• QuietJosh and DMC14 like this

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, RDR is still among my top games ever played.  Shame that it seems as though Rockstar didn't take any inspiration from it at all for GTA.

• M210F likes this

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

I miss the good old days of RDR, must be a ghost town now... :(

it is, worse than gta4

That sucks.

are they going to make a sequal ?

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

Really wish we could at least ride a horse in gta5

Yeah me too. Or at least there could be horse races at the track.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

That sucks.

are they going to make a sequal ?

There have been a lot of rumors, but never anything confirmed. 

I'm hoping for a prequel!! John Marston as a gang badass

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

sometimes my mechanic was white and some times he was Mexican. but every time it was the same voice telling me the scratch was already there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users