Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

atleast we can play as dead john in undead nightmare

lol

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:09 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 25 November 2013 - 12:10 PM.

atleast we can play as dead john in undead nightmare

lol

That feeling when I had played as Jack for a while in story mode, and went back to John in undead nightmare...awesome

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

I forget who said this on these forums so kudos to them for this:

Call mechanic and stare at the floor. It has something to do with the spawning code. You will find that the mechanic will arrive much quicker and much more often when you don't look?!? Also I have found avoiding calling him under flyovers avoids drastic confusion.

RDR: Game of the generation imo.

Sorry for continuing to go off-topic, but I can confirm that this is true. I usually spin my character around and around as to "not look" where the mechanic will spawn. Seems to help, but sometimes he just drives away with my vehicle anyway. Must be late for tea.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:20 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 25 November 2013 - 12:21 PM.

Sorry for continuing to go off-topic, but I can confirm that this is true. I usually spin my character around and around as to "not look" where the mechanic will spawn. Seems to help, but sometimes he just drives away with my vehicle anyway. Must be late for tea.

Yeah I think so too! I have read something about the main problem with the mechanic no-show is that he needs a place to spawn where you don't see him. He likes to spawn around the corner of a building, behind a big tree or on a road above/under you. If you turn around and run he often spawns behind you

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

so would aiming at the ground give the highest chance for him to spawn?

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:21 PM Edited by whitebic, 25 November 2013 - 12:21 PM.

rdr makes my eyes bleed.

not chrome anyways.

14ue69u.jpg

mkjah22
  • mkjah22

Stoned Assassin

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

I actually got so messed up by 'that' bit in RDR that I couldn't finish the game after about 20 mins as Jack.  It felt so wrong lol.

Played online for a bit until it got weird then sold the game and went back to gtaIV where I felt far less emotionally attached to the cast.  

Absolutely amazing game though and I would prob still play it now if not for the painful memories lol.  Needed a big smoke after that one.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Nobody talking about Dutchie and his final scene?!

I agree, RDR is an amazing game - and one of the reasons I judge GTA5 (and online) harshly. R* set their own bar then totally failed to reach it... But there are cars! That's way cool! :D

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

GTAF's officially official Best Scrub 2014

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Nobody talking about Dutchie and his final scene?!

I agree, RDR is an amazing game - and one of the reasons I judge GTA5 (and online) harshly. R* set their own bar then totally failed to reach it... But there are cars! That's way cool! :D

"We all had her... but you married her..."

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:00 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 25 November 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Yep and there is a lot of awesome elements in RDR that I just can't understand why they didn't bring into GTA V!

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yep and there is a lot of awesome elements in RDR that I just can't understand why they didn't bring into GTA V!

like posses :/

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 25 November 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Like proximity based game chat? It gets quite tiring trying to talk over people on the other side of the map that have nothing to do with, who, or what I'm talking about. It also makes it more difficult to announce to nearby people that you're friendly and it lets anyone in the server randomly insult you for no reason.

EDIT:

And for the love of god, a posse like team system in free mode, just like the above poster just stated.

• mkjah22 and M210F like this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

like posses :/

Yepp.. No easy way to join matches as a group in this game like in RDR. Its just so f*cked up that they didn't think of this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

sometimes i go as far to believe that they purposely dumbified the game for all the pot heads that would buy it just because it was grand theft auto

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 25 November 2013 - 01:12 PM.

Like proximity based game chat? It gets quite tiring trying to talk over people on the other side of the  map that have nothing to do with who or what I'm talking about. It also makes it more difficult to announce to nearby people that you're friendly and it lets anyone in the server randomly insult you for no reason.

EDIT:

And for the love of god, a posse like team system in free mode, just like the above poster just stated.

Yes! The game chat in RDR was awesome, I miss that. 

I also think that the person talking should pop up by the mini-map in the corner like in RDR(or was it on the top left corner?). Or at least when you show the player list there should be a little mic sign on the person talking(now you have to go into the menu then choose players to see who is talking)

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Like proximity based game chat? It gets quite tiring trying to talk over people on the other side of the  map that have nothing to do with who or what I'm talking about. It also makes it more difficult to announce to nearby people that you're friendly and it lets anyone in the server randomly insult you for no reason.

EDIT:

Not to mention the fun of hiding out at a place like the fort- there's nowhere really to do that in GTA, especially since you don't get XP/RP for killing individuals (like in RDR). I remember RDR, Bad Company 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood all having come out at similar times and having spent such a ridiculous amount of time on them...

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

When you first arrive in Mexico, and that Jose Gonzalez song comes on, one of the few times in the game where they use licensed music, and its dark and your mini-map is blank and you dunno where anything is, such an amazing gaming moment, felt totally isolated, just as I'm sure they intended.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Not to mention the fun of hiding out at a place like the fort- there's nowhere really to do that in GTA, especially since you don't get XP/RP for killing individuals (like in RDR). I remember RDR, Bad Company 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood all having come out at similar times and having spent such a ridiculous amount of time on them...

Ah, like El Presidio, with the canons. It was so awesome when the whole server gathered there and just went nuts with snipers and canons

• M210F likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 25 November 2013 - 01:33 PM.

EDIT:

Ahh... El Presidio, I sure had some good times on those cannons. I had some good time showing the people who liked to use them how effective the Rolling Block could be to, lol.

EDIT:

How in the world did you beat me to posting my own thoughts?

I should have taken that typing class...

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Ahh... El Presidio, I sure had some good times on those cannons. I had some good time showing the people who liked to use them how effective the Rolling Block could be to, lol.

EDIT:

Hahaha, that's just epic :D 

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Screw it up?

It actually is amazing and frustrating in a way.

Because it show you HOW YOU CAN'T JUST HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT RIGHT NOW.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

EDIT:

I feel violated, like someone's been rooting around in my head.

It's quite creepy, actually.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 25 November 2013 - 01:43 PM.

EDIT:

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about the other things I found up there ;)

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

what is this thread turning into

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

EDIT:

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about the other things I found up there ;)

It's just a bunch of Police Buffalo on FIB Buffalo dirty videos anyway.

I'm not ashamed, everyone else does it... Right?

what is this thread turning into

No one knows...

A thread full of random posts and nostalgia trips back to RDR?

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

I do it a little…  :blush:

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

I do it a little…  :blush:

Just make sure to do it in an invite only lobby. ;)

I couldn't imagine the reaction I would get if someone found me trying to make my upgraded Police Buffalo transfer it's Turbo to the FIB Buffalo.

It is not a sight for a mere mortal's eyes.

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Red Dead was awesome.. To bad auto aim ruined online. :(

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

When you first arrive in Mexico, and that Jose Gonzalez song comes on, one of the few times in the game where they use licensed music, and its dark and your mini-map is blank and you dunno where anything is, such an amazing gaming moment, felt totally isolated, just as I'm sure they intended.

That's one of my all-time favourite game moments! Such a long way from home.
  • Varios Los Aztecas likes this

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

I still go back to RDR once in a while...such an awesome game, and I enjoyed mounting my horse at full speed.

However, GTA V is still really cool, and I thoroughly enjoy playing it, even if my mechanic acts stubborn once in a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users