upon replaying RDR

74 replies to this topic
Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

you are now manually breathing

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

i noticed that calling your horse is the same as calling the mechanic, only it works 99% of the time, unlike that lazy ass

how could rockstar screw it up?

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Hmm.... don't know about your mechanic, but mine gets to me 99% of the time.

• COASTERPUNK likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

So did my horse.... just had to be running when I called him so I could hop on while he was running past me... but I always landed it right and it actually caused for a good getaway when in a shoot out because your horse is already full speed. 

My mechanic delivers it to me if I am on a good road. 

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

i miss the posse recognition system.

• coach_wargo and BuyMeTheMoon like this

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

I miss the good old days of RDR, must be a ghost town now... :(

• RogueStatus likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:23 AM

I miss the good old days of RDR, must be a ghost town now... :(

it is, worse than gta4

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Mogwai - Never feed me after midnight.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

bert.gif

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:28 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 25 November 2013 - 08:58 AM.

Red dead is still my favorite rock star series... the only series where I gave a sh*t about the main characters(other than perhaps Vice city)... Red dead revolver had better playable characters overall Red and Jack were classic. Redemption had John Marston who was a damn good character and his story was better than most movies.  His son Jack (Not red dead revolver jack) but Jack Marston... never really stood out. 

Jack_Swift_PS2_RDR_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

• mealymouthmongolian likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

yeah his son was really lame, if i knew what was coming i wouldn't have gone without making a seperate save lol

Deevil1998
  • Deevil1998

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Fanboys lol

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

Police Buffalo Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

yeah his son was really lame, if i knew what was coming i wouldn't have gone without making a seperate save lol

Work you dang nag, work. Work, you dang nag work. Work, you... Dear lord, he was an awful character.

Red Dead Redemption is still my favorite online experience of all time. Unfortunately, it was truly taken over by modders, hackers, and cheaters that only desired to destroy others fun.

I put over 65 days of game time into that game and I still don't regret a second of it, even through all the DDOS' attacks, undead bait freezing, and repetitive dying to invisible and invincible people. It sure is a shame it turned out that way... 

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

RDR is the best game R* ever made, and I really miss the online part of it. It's not the same anymore.

But the horse in RDR were much more reliable than the mechanic in GTAO. The horse showed up every single time, unless it was stuck in something.. The mechanic is just an asshole most of the time and don't show up on purpose

• RogueStatus and z0etr0pe like this

IOMDutch
  • IOMDutch

Stuntman

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

I forget who said this on these forums so kudos to them for this:

Call mechanic and stare at the floor. It has something to do with the spawning code. You will find that the mechanic will arrive much quicker and much more often when you don't look?!? Also I have found avoiding calling him under flyovers avoids drastic confusion.

RDR: Game of the generation imo.
  • Barry Spock likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

I forget who said this on these forums so kudos to them for this:

Call mechanic and stare at the floor. It has something to do with the spawning code. You will find that the mechanic will arrive much quicker and much more often when you don't look?!? Also I have found avoiding calling him under flyovers avoids drastic confusion.

RDR: Game of the generation imo.

Also avoid calling him on Tuesdays and Thursdays as he has tea with his aunt, and once every 4 weeks he gets really moody and refuses to deliver it at all!

Seriously though, he has *never* delivered to me when I'm around Simeon's garage in the docks.

• IOMDutch and Kontoxis like this

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by DMC14, 25 November 2013 - 09:30 AM.

he wont deliver to the docks.

you gotta remember the areas he wont deliver to. its like those dont register as roads or something.

mealymouthmongolian
  • mealymouthmongolian

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

Work you dang nag, work. Work, you dang nag work. Work, you... Dear lord, he was an awful character.

Red Dead Redemption is still my favorite online experience of all time. Unfortunately, it was truly taken over by modders, hackers, and cheaters that only desired to destroy others fun.

I put over 65 days of game time into that game and I still don't regret a second of it, even through all the DDOS' attacks, undead bait freezing, and repetitive dying to invisible and invincible people. It sure is a shame it turned out that way... 

I still hear "work you dang nag" in my nightmares.
  • BuyMeTheMoon, NuklerGhost101838 and Sugar Free Nos like this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:51 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 25 November 2013 - 09:51 AM.

yeah his son was really lame

Jack isn't lame, he is cool but just can't compare to John

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

you dang nag

i had to lol

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

you dang nag

i had to lol

Of course you did. haha

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

no one has mentioned it so i will, john's final scene in front of the barn. i was very surprised by it. but it was such an awesome moment in gaming.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

no one has mentioned it so i will, john's final scene in front of the barn. i was very surprised by it. but it was such an awesome moment in gaming.

that moment really hit me hard, i didn't expect it and it really shows a lot to how corrupt the world is

TJK319
  • TJK319

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

Whenever I call for my mechanic at the airport he ends up just driving in circles and I have to hunt him down and kill him.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Whenever I call for my mechanic at the airport he ends up just driving in circles and I have to hunt him down and kill him.

don't get killed if he showed up but is still in your car, he will speed away and drive wherever he wants to

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, if you are on the back side of the airport near LSC, he spawns on a little road between two fences, impossible to get inside, happens every time

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

I once called him from Fort Zancudo, after a failed attempt to get a jet, and he brought the car to me over the marsh land, hit a bump and flipped it.  He climbed out from my now upside-down car and said "The scratch was already there, right?"  What, that big f*cking scratch known as totally wrecked?  Noonard.

• No-scope=NO_HOPE!! and NuklerGhost101838 like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

I once called him from Fort Zancudo, after a failed attempt to get a jet, and he brought the car to me over the marsh land, hit a bump and flipped it.  He climbed out from my now upside-down car and said "The scratch was already there, right?"  What, that big f*cking scratch known as totally wrecked?  Noonard.

a random killed me just as the mechanic appeared in the swamp, and he drove out to sandy shores before starting to drive in literal circles

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Theres usually a reason the Mechanic won't bring your vehicle, like you're not close enough to a proper road. It is a little annoying though since this doesn't always work on some more rough dirt roads.

Also if he denies me I usually just call him again and try moving to a different spot and he comes, about 90% of the time you're probably in a place he cant spawn for what ever reason. I've rarely ever not been able to get him to spawn.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

I cried a little :(

When I rode down the mountain after rescuing Jack from the bear with that sad song in the background, I knew that this story wasn't going to end well.

• RogueStatus likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

When I rode down the mountain after rescuing Jack from the bear with that sad song in the background, I knew that this story wasn't going to end well.

i just wish i saved before having to be stuck with moustache man for the rest of whenever i end up replaying the game lol

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

i just wish i saved before having to be stuck with moustache man for the rest of whenever i end up replaying the game lol

Yeah, I forgot that both times I played the story, it sucks :( It doesn't work for me if I have to run around with Jack, because that always reminds me that John died

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users