Photo

Harmony Korine

6 replies to this topic
GpwnerGTA23
  • GpwnerGTA23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

Sucks ass! It is amazing he is still in business!

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

i like how he has his own style. i think alot of directors today have no style and make generic movies.

but spring breakers was f*cking terrible. 

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:37 AM

I think he's overrated.

but honestly?

I think M. Night Shyamalan is worse...

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

I like his movies. His name is pretty gay though.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Ruckus In B Minor

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:52 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 09 December 2013 - 11:57 AM.

I like his films. I've seen Gummo, Kids and Spring Breakers. Gummo was interesting as it's really just some vignettes of small-town life in warped sort of way. I find people fascinating, their motives, their actions etc. Just watching the strange people in that film in slightly odd scenarios was interesting to me. His films don't really tell a story in a conventional sense but they have a nice curiosity about them. Gummo made an impression on me. It was memorable unlike some bigger Hollywood films that try hard to do the same. 

Kids is brilliant and if anyone ever skated and got up to mischief as a teenager, they can relate to this film. The dialogue was fluid and the film seemed to come from the sort of kitchen sink realism angle. The themes are shocking but real and using unknown or untrained actors (Leo Fitzpatrick) was a great addition to the realism. 

Spring Breakers wasn't the best. It was almost like him trying to tap in to a more commercial market but like his other films, I'm sure it will gain a cult following.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

Gumno was ok, Kids was outstanding, and Spring Breakers was horrible.

everything he's made inbetween is utterly forgettable.

his career is mostly short pieces and semi-documentary style exhibitions that no one saw or no one remembers.

he's SO OVERRATED it's ridiculous. he's basically still riding the 'hipster' success of Kids through the pop culture world.

• Mister Pink likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

I wouldn't call him overrated, I doubt most people even know who he is, let alone even saw Kids.

He does get a lot of undue praise within elitist circles but the man showed a kid whacking off to climax in a movie. He's got nothing if not balls.

• Mister Pink likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users