17 replies to this topic
El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

first things first; it's already old news in the GM circle but Dodge has been spotted potentially rolling out a new trim package for the Challenger known to insiders as codename Hellcat. it's a trim level above the 392 with a supercharger from Mopar.

2015_Dodge_Challenger_SRT8_Hellcat_Spy_P

http://blogs.automot...ing-154129.html

so my father is looking at buying a new second vehicle.

his daily driver is a Range Rover and the trade-in will be the 06 Pontiac GTO. after reading about this thing, he's actually pretty excited about it. I used to try and talk him into buying a used Ferrari 360 but that's really not his style. lately there's been a lot of talk about "how cool it would be" to have one of those 2014/15 Challengers in classic Plum Crazy purple with all the options. like a new collectors/show car.

I'm all for this, more or less.

I drive a Trans Am but I've never owned any Dodge and I don't know anyone who has ever owned/driven one of the new Challengers. we'll probably test drive a 392 over Thanksgiving, but can anyone comment on these things? has anyone driven a Challenger? does anyone own a new Dodge?

of the 'new-retro' muscle cars (Mustang, GTO, Charger, Challenger, Camaro, etc) I've only been behind the wheel of the Goat, Stang, and Maro. and I don't have a high opinion of Dodge generally speaking. ex girlfriend of mine drove a Neon and her dad owned a Ram and both of them were utter sh*te as cars and trucks go. terrible maintenance and performance wise, no longevity. my Pontiac has held up well though it seems to be the exception when it comes to domestic sports cars. I'm sure a Challenger would be great but is it going to fall apart in 6 years?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

nobody? really?

not a single taker? not even any interest in the Hellcat?

oh well.

he's either gonna' buy that or a BMW M5.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

I'd love to give some input on it but the thing is I know very little about American muscle. I haven't had any experience with them whatsoever. 

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

Get the M5!!!!!

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Ride or Die!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

speaking as a brit, i too dont know much about american muscle cars, all i can say is that a majority of them look bloody amazing and im slightly jealous that our uk manufactures cant, or couldnt, ever match that grunt and attitude from such a stylish type of car, when they did try, what did they come up with? the ford capri 2.8L and a jaguar xjs, which i may add, the electrics would corrode.

the only decent car was the aston martin v8 vantage and that wasnt even a big hitter in its day as it was soon put into the shadows by better cars

from what ive seen. cars like the charger, challenger, plymouth, mustang, etc, just wow! all other american cars, just flimsy chocolate boxes, sorry lol

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:05 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 18 December 2013 - 08:06 AM.

speaking as a brit, i too dont know much about american muscle cars, all i can say is that a majority of them look bloody amazing and im slightly jealous that our uk manufactures cant, or couldnt, ever match that grunt and attitude from such a stylish type of car, when they did try, what did they come up with? the ford capri 2.8L and a jaguar xjs, which i may add, the electrics would corrode.

that's an interesting point.

there was never really a Pony car craze in the UK like there was in the US. I wonder why that is, exactly...

they just never did the whole small car stuffed with powerful, oversized, loud engines and flashy colors thing.

the AMV8 might be closest attempt that the Euros ever came to producing a traditional style muscle car of their own:

car_photo_559459_7.jpg

but to be perfectly fair, I'm nowhere near as familiar with European auto history as Detroit's auto history.

if there are other examples I'd love to know about em'.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

We are coven

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

There are a few British "muscle" cars. AC Cobra, Jensen Interceptor and arguably the MGBV8 too.

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Ride or Die!

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

isnt the ac cobra american? although still a great car, i love the aston martin v8 vantage, but was never the 'schoolboy bedroom poster phase', the rover v8 was, and still is a good engine, but was utilised all wrong

when i see an american car driving round the uk, to me it just doesnt look right, we dont produce big loud gas guzzlers, we produce small, economical, family orientated sensible cars, yawn!

a mate of mine has the camaro (same as in transformers) the sound of that is incredible and turns heads, its a show stopper, especially now with his custom one off wheels B)

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

If we could get the camaro or challenger in rhd here in the uk I'd be they first to buy one. As they look and sound amazing.
However with our fuel prices anything over 2.0ltr in the uk is gonna cost a fortune.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

We are coven

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Depends on how many miles you do. I'm averaging about 31mpg at the moment, which is terrible and not that far off what a big V8 will get in everyday driving (though I do a lot of short trips and town driving at the moment) and that's all 98+ RON stuff. It doesn't cost that much. In fact over 3 years, most drivers would spend less buying the petrol version of their car and living with the worse economy than paying a premium of £x000 to buy the slower, worse to drive diesel one and getting slightly better economy. 

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

isnt the ac cobra american?

yes and no.

the Cobra had an American-built engine.

but it was a British car.

I almost forgot about it, too.

a lot of people associate the Cobra with Mustang because of Carrol Shelby and they tend to think of it as an American muscle car.

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Ride or Die!

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

my brother used to have one of these, not so much of an american muscle car, lol

1980 ford mustang

ahk01_14_-421x309.jpg

• El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

clearly the most radiant and gorgeous Mustang ever produced.

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:54 PM Edited by yngwierocks, 29 December 2013 - 03:57 PM.

I own a 2009 Challenger SRT8 with the 6.1L HEMI. I've had it almost two years and the only thing that's broke was the powersteering pump which was an easy fix. My dad has a 2008 Chrysler 300C with the 5.7L HEMI which he has had since new and he has had absoutly zero problems with his car. They're both modded a bit and driven hard.

Anybody that says these modern Dodges are junk and break down all the time either doesn't know how to care for their vehicle or has never had one.

The Hellcat will be quite the car, it's been delayed a few times because it didn't live up to what the engineers expected. Expect it to have close to if not 700hp, torque will be limited to 640ft\lbs on the 8 speed auto becasue that's the max it can handle.

Front and rear of the car will take after the 1971 Challenger instead of the 1970 like the current car. The 2015 will have an all new upgraded interior and be on the new LA platform.

• El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

I own a 2009 Challenger SRT8 with the 6.1L HEMI. I've had it almost two years and the only thing that's broke was the powersteering pump which was an easy fix. My dad has a 2008 Chrysler 300C with the 5.7L HEMI which he has had since new and he has had absoutly zero problems with his car. They're both modded a bit and driven hard.

Anybody that says these modern Dodges are junk and break down all the time either doesn't know how to care for their vehicle or has never had one.

thanks for the excellent reply.

I've had a chance to research and talk to some owners at car shows.

we're also going to test drive some current gen 392's and make sure to find the Dodge zone @ 2014 North American International Auto when it comes to Denver early next year.

so far all reviews are positive.

most of my initial concerns have been alleviated. I'll be enjoying this vehicle as much as my dad does, so I want him to get it right for both of us :cool:

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

my brother used to have one of these, not so much of an american muscle car, lol

1980 ford mustang

ahk01_14_-421x309.jpg

LoL I cannot stand the foxbody. Anyway as a Ford Tech and a car guy I'm glad the Challenger is still around. It's one of the last American muscle cars of the past that still has that retro look. It seems all the others have gotten a little too modernized or neutered.

As far as British Muscle goes... I really wish I could own the Morgan Aero SuperSport. Thing is bad ass.

morgan-aero-super-sports-32.jpg

• El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

wow, I honestly cannot remember if I've ever heard of the Morgan Aero SS until just now.

stance reminds me of (a much classier version of) the Plymouth Prowler.

Plymouth_Prowler_1997-2001_ASE0036-2008.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

It's like if Al Capone was reanimated into a cyborg body...this is what he'd drive lmao.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users