Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think this game would be better with Saints Row customize?

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think this game would be better with Saints Row customize? (86 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes (72 votes [83.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.72%

2. No (14 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote
canuhelpmeplease
  • canuhelpmeplease

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

Let me know in the poll!

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Let me know in the poll!

Why, who are you?

• MCFC13 likes this

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

No because if I wanted to play Saints Row I'd play Saints Row.

canuhelpmeplease
  • canuhelpmeplease

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

No because if I wanted to play Saints Row I'd play Saints Row.

I din't say if you wanted to play Saints Row, all I said was do you think the game would be better with the customize level as Saints Row, as it has it very broad rage of customizable content.

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

This is GTA not Saints Row.

canuhelpmeplease
  • canuhelpmeplease

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

This is GTA not Saints Row.

Clever boy.

• Officer620 likes this

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

To be honest, yes. The character creator in GTAOnline is terribad.

• BaldadigeAnton, 600noodles, sportbikepilot369 and 2 others like this

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'd much rather have the customization options in a similar way to SR, both for characters and vehicles, was saying this to a friend last night.

Much more control and more options in SR. I'd like more control over how my character looks and how they wear what they wear. I also remember the vehicle customization being easier to navigate and allowing you to preview things before committing to them. For example, I'd love to be able to look at pearlescent colours, or wheel colours before having to pay for (often expensive) paint and rims.

So it's a yes from me.

• Metal Slime, MissLulu and canuhelpmeplease like this

DaMoggen
  • DaMoggen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

More vehicle mods!

• canuhelpmeplease likes this

LexIgnoramus
  • LexIgnoramus

Player Sniper

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Let me know in the poll!

Customization. Its customization. Go back to school.

canuhelpmeplease
  • canuhelpmeplease

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'd much rather have the customization options in a similar way to SR, both for characters and vehicles, was saying this to a friend last night.

Much more control and more options in SR. I'd like more control over how my character looks and how they wear what they wear. I also remember the vehicle customization being easier to navigate and allowing you to preview things before committing to them. For example, I'd love to be able to look at pearlescent colours, or wheel colours before having to pay for (often expensive) paint and rims.

So it's a yes from me.

My thoughts exactly, as all characters no matter what you do on the character creator end up looking similar to everyother person. There is no unique touch or individuality. And also I think they should bring out a better colour system, as there is limted shades of colours.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:34 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 24 November 2013 - 09:35 PM.

The poll needs a f*ck saints row option....and close thread this is a GTA forum. There's obviously better customization in SR because it's only got 2 player co-op if it had 16 player online and was as big as GTA it would lose that customization guaranteed. 

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Saints Row 2 has a better character customization then GTA online. Heck I can even set my character to walk a certain way and fight. GTA online is the worse ever. 

• DCxMoneyxMurdaz, 600noodles, This Guy? and 3 others like this

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

The poll needs a f*ck saints row option....and close thread this is a GTA forum. There's obviously better customization in SR because it's only got 2 player co-op if it had 16 player online and was as big as GTA it would lose that customization guaranteed. 

Don't be such an ignorant fanboy. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings that GTA has awful customisation, but that's no reason to want a thread closed.

• MissLulu and canuhelpmeplease like this

Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

I agree. I'm tired of you people saying "No, this is GTA, not SR". We understand that it isn't SR but we wan't the customization to be on a level as SR. We wan't to be able to edit the depths of our foreheads, how our face is shaped, what color our hair and it's style. We wan't to be able to choose our weight, our build if you will, just like in SR. I'm not saying to go as far as the crazy all black eyes and red skin and stuff, but they need to change it to where you can have all the customization options, more or less, like saints row. We obviously aren't saying we want the SAME as SR, we want similar. Meaning, the same amount and variety. We want to have as much options but keep it GTA original. I personally think it would be better because I do get tired of my character looking similar to every single person I see online.

• MissLulu and canuhelpmeplease like this

Dementious
  • Dementious

As mad as a hatter and as crazy as sin.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

I just want to change what my character looks like, is that too much to ask? 

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

If it was even half as good I'd be happy.

Don't get me wrong, SR graphics are pretty bad, so it's easier to have more complicated customisation, and I can forgive there being no height/build/weight variation as they want the game to be balanced. Butface customisation is really lacking and the GTA system overall is convoluted and cheap.

GTA19281
  • GTA19281

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

A think they will add like a LSC pro version as DLC at some point

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

The character editor really could have used some more work and customization, but other than that no. I mean decent customization options aren't just limited to SR. People are going to play this for a long time to come and after a while it gets tiring seeing everyone with the same body type, height, ect..

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hurr Durr

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 24 November 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Don't be such an ignorant fanboy. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings that GTA has awful customisation, but that's no reason to want a thread closed.

You don't go to a Philadelphia Eagles forum talking about the Giants or Cowgirls....I'm not showing loyal fanaticism...just common sense. If there wasn't a comparison to Saints row on a GTA forum, I would have had a different response and been more likely to agree with the original sentiment of the thread.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

You don't go to a Philadelphia Eagles forum talking about the Giants or Cowgirls....I'm not showing loyal fanaticism...just common sense. If there wasn't a comparison to Saints row on a GTA forum, I would have had a different response and been more likely to agree with the original sentiment of the thread.

You make the mistake of assuming that people can't be fans of both SR and GTA, and also put forward a logical falacy wherein you (for some reason) cannot discuss any given game in relation to or by comparison to any other game. There's no reason not to mention SR, and it infact aids in giving context to the core subject.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 24 November 2013 - 10:22 PM.

You make the mistake of assuming that people can't be fans of both SR and GTA, and also put forward a logical falacy wherein you (for some reason) cannot discuss any given game in relation to or by comparison to any other game. There's no reason not to mention SR, and it infact aids in giving context to the core subject.

It doesn't aid in the discussion because you are holding a feature of one above the other without taking into consideration the differences in each that allow them to do what they do best....I AM a fan of SR, I have all 4 games....I believe the error is in making a comparison of the two games on any level other than in gameplay and can have constructive conversations on both without holding either accountable for the other's shortcoming as you and the poll creator seem unable to do.

canuhelpmeplease
  • canuhelpmeplease

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

Loving all your thoughts.

This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Yes i came onto gta online wanting to create a fat short baller. Kind if of like chunk from the goonies, minus the ginger appearance, rocking a slick suit with some gator skins and big ass obnoxious gold high end shades.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by reform, 24 November 2013 - 10:33 PM.

It doesn't aid in the discussion because you are holding a feature of one above the other without taking into consideration the differences in each that allow them to do what they do best....I AM a fan of SR, I have all 4 games....I believe the error is in making a comparison of the two games on any level other than in gameplay and can have constructive conversations on both without holding either accountable for the other's shortcoming as you and the poll creator seem unable to do.

Is that the case?

Don't get me wrong, SR graphics are pretty bad, so it's easier to have more complicated customisation, and I can forgive there being no height/build/weight variation as they want the game to be balanced. But face customisation is really lacking and the GTA system overall is convoluted and cheap.

There's no reason we can't look at another similar game and discuss how positive elements of that game might be adapted to work with another game. No reason.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:05 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 24 November 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Rockstar should make the world and physics, give the rest to Volition. Saint's Row could easily jump to the forefront if they made a decent map and decent vehicle physics. These things are so sh*tty in SR that they're deal-breakers for me. If they nailed it, they could sink Rockstar.

Yes i came onto gta online wanting to create a fat short baller. Kind if of like chunk from the goonies, minus the ginger appearance, rocking a slick suit with some gator skins and big ass obnoxious gold high end shades.

And totally! f*cking! This! My SR3 character was a fat shirtless dude like the lawyer in Fear and Loathing while my SR4 character is a hot ninja-chick.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:17 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 24 November 2013 - 11:21 PM.

saints row was the crappy little clone of gta. only in the last few years saints row has made progress and moved forward while gta5 feels like its not even on the level of san andreas. this isn't even character customization. its make slight changes to random made characters. most games give you a shirt and allow you pick which color you want from a color wheel.

gta5 gives one shirt and then puts insane prices on ugly colors and makes you grind the hell out of the game to unlock a color you actually like. or in the case of that special los santos belle shirt. make you wait endlessly for a special event that is bugged and almost never drops. even if you do get the shirt it resets to a plain grey shirt the first time you play a mission online.

this game would have been the greatest game ever made had it been a direct sequel to gta 3. however these days players expect more from a game.

oh and my last character created on saints row looked exactly like carl from aqua teen hunger force...except for the body hair. saints row had great custom character options but body hair wasn't one of them.

canuhelpmeplease
  • canuhelpmeplease

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

I hope Rockstar see this.

Thanks for the comments!

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

Your father's your brother

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by Ribsey, 24 November 2013 - 11:28 PM.

The clothing and customisation of SR2 and the general body creation of SR3/4? Definitely, those brought a whole new level to open-world game customisation. Undoubtedly taking hints from the Godfather game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users