Is the economy working for you?

16 replies to this topic
johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

With this new beach bum update, there's less money in the game generally since they've lowered the payouts for races but haven't lowered the cost of most items players want to buy. I find with this that it changes my behavior as a player. For example, when I started playing online, medical bills were a significant expense, so I'd tend to stay away from public free modes since it would cost me too much to spend any amount of time fighting with other players and I had other things I wanted to save cash for like an apartment, weapon upgrades, cars and mods. It was only when I'd bought those things and felt I was financially secure that I went into public free modes at all. Later when they lowered medical expenses, I started going more and more into public free modes and indeed had a lot of fun fighting with other players.

Now with the lowering of payouts on races and such, I notice again I'm reluctant to go into public free modes since it can prove quite expensive to do so, and instead I'm spending my game time being careful to match income with expenditure. This is a pity because the public free mode and all the crazy stuff that goes on in it is the best part about this game for me. Fun has become more expensive for me then.

If I look at it now in fact, the cheapest way of fighting in free mode is to hire a tank or a buzzard ($200), even one grenade costs more than that. The bottom line seems to be that the economics of the game are pushing me towards tanks and buzzards, a pity since both of those have limited appeal.

I don't have a problem with lower payouts on races and missions in principle, but if this is combined with high weapon prices (they haven't lowered the price of basic weapons and ammo yet) it means that "fun" is more expensive, therefore there's less fun in the game. I think it's ok to have high-priced aspirational items like cars and apartments out there, but high priced weaponry just puts a dampener on the game.

Does anyone else feel the economy is pushing us towards less fun gaming options?
  • NewReno likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Prices don't change with the supply of money...no economy.

• Ima_gReefer likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

as mr smarty pants pointed out there is no real economy
as to the actual point of the OP (which he missed completely)
yes there's way to little money to be made and it can vanish quickly if you mess around in free mode.
which really sucks but considering the fact that R* seems intent on making it as hard as possible to make a profit in order to sell their cash cards your only real options are to forget about money and just try to have fun or glitch a bunch of money together

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

and yes it is working for me. Check my signature. I have $1,9 bill

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

The worst part about being in a crew is using a sh*tload of bullets in shootouts for no purpose, that eats in to your piggy bank.

Yeah it does suck, but you have to know the limits of fun vs costs and that really sucks.

I thought some upgrades in SP were expensive, a scope is 9k, a suppressor is 11 f*cking grand!

Clone501st
  • Clone501st

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Could not even make it to two billion... I say that is an epic fail for a legit glitcher.

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Could not even make it to two billion... I say that is an epic fail for a legit glitcher.

I didn't glitch it, I received it from a hacker. I've only glitched $7 million so that makes me legit.

Clone501st
  • Clone501st

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

About the OP

I sell one car for 9000 and can have an hour of fun with that in freemode. I don't save any money, but at least I don't loose any either.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

what is an economy?

isn't that a class of car?

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:51 PM Edited by Legit Glitcher, 25 November 2013 - 02:51 PM.

economic cars are not for me

i like to have expensive things

not poor ass sh*t

and i mean real life and online

nightwing
  • nightwing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

economic cars are not for me

i like to have expensive things

not poor ass sh*t

and i mean real life and online

Claiming the master troll prize are we ? :santa:

Volvo12345
  • Volvo12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

you got your money from a hacker that gave you a bounty, or you killed someone, its not only you, i also got 1,9 billions from a hacker, once again, you only prove you suck.

-Hurry-up
  • -Hurry-up

WOFP

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Checkthis out :

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Glitching aside, if fun becomes too expense, players are likely to leave rather than be forced into doing money making activities that they don't really enjoy I think.

Selling a galivanter or whatever for 9,000 isn't really a solution for a lot of players, myself included, since I'll easily spend more than that on weapons, repairs and things if I am having a good time in free mode. Plus, if you get into an intense fight, you probably won't be too happy about quitting the game to earn some money for ammo if you've run out. Rock star have to be very careful with their tweaking imo.

Ayes
  • Ayes

El Macaracachimba

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

I ONLY have $107M and I have fun.

A-Rod
  • A-Rod

#wwrd

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

I've said this before in detail: I think rocketed changed the payouts to make glitching more obvious so they can clean up the servers. In time the economy with be tweaked again, but so far I haven't noticed an issue. I have $1mil in the bank and haven't glitched. I sell cars, do missions, kill bounties, and rob stores when there isn't anything fun going on. My biggest problem isn't money, its leveling up.

Ayes
  • Ayes

El Macaracachimba

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I've said this before in detail: I think rocketed changed the payouts to make glitching more obvious so they can clean up the servers. In time the economy with be tweaked again, but so far I haven't noticed an issue. I have $1mil in the bank and haven't glitched. I sell cars, do missions, kill bounties, and rob stores when there isn't anything fun going on. My biggest problem isn't money, its leveling up.

Juice it up and level fast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users