Photo

Event Crate Drops

27 replies to this topic
DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

So its the last day of the Vespucci Beach Party: GTA Online Social Club Event Weekend and I still have yet to get a crate. The first time I got to the green area there was a flare but no crate. After that I saw no flare. Ive read that its glitched to f*ck and your chances of getting a crate are 1 in 10.

Any help or advice would be grateful  as I am sick of waisting my time. Thanks

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

People like me didn't get a crate because retards like you camped inside the green zone before the crate actually dropped.
  • Judas0ne likes this

DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

How am I a retard?? How am I meant to know not to stay in the green circle and wait outside it....?

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

How am I a retard?? How am I meant to know not to stay in the green circle and wait outside it....?

Because you use the forum. You also went to the crate drop and one didn't drop. Either way, you're still the retard that ruined my chance to get a crate.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:28 PM Edited by dlow, 24 November 2013 - 01:32 PM.

Last night while playing  Me and a couple of Buddies were in a public lobby with two randoms .....5 of us all total ...the msg appeared several times that a Crate drop had started (I cant remember the msg exactly) we could see the green dot and shading of the map ......

the 3 of us waited just outside the green area ....we could see the chopper come in and leave, but a crate never dropped, we would search the area but never found a crate

.the 2 randoms sounded like 8yr old kids playing cops and robbers with each other .....they asked us to leave them alone and we did, they were showing up on the map in the area where simeons garage is at..and never left that area .........the Crates came in up on the Mtns behind the vinewood sign, the board walk, and the beach area.......

If the 2 kids ever left the area they were in none of the 3 of us saw it......so we are pretty sure the crate should have been found or seen by at least one of us ......we waited just outside the green area the first two times, the 3rd time we waited just barely inside it....... like i said above we could see the chopper but that is all, no crate ever dropped , and we could not find one after it left (thinking maybe it spawned on the ground)

The 3 drops all happened in a 2 hour time period .....

So unless the kids had a hack that gave them the crate from across the map.  i dont know what the deal is with them

On the 2 times we waited outside.....our vehicles were also on the outside of the green area,

DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:34 PM Edited by DarraghR, 24 November 2013 - 01:40 PM.

Because I use the forum... You need to be more specific. Maybe Rockstar should have put up a more detailed description then you wouldnt have all these post relating to the same issue on and off this forum.

Thanks for the info dlow. Are the crates even worth the hassle!? Like if you find a weapon in one do you always have it in your inventory like when you buy one.

When the chopper comes do you get a notification or does it even show on the map?

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Never worth the hassle, and this beach party event has been plagued with problems. 

LexIgnoramus
  • LexIgnoramus

Player Sniper

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

I thought the Vespucci event got cancelled?

DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Just hope its not a sign of more flawed events to come

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:42 PM Edited by blk95ta, 24 November 2013 - 01:43 PM.

I saw one last night but someone beat me to it but i did physically see the "crate". The special crates don't have the wood box around them that you have to shoot open. It's just the little box inside that appears. I got one a few weeks ago. From what i read this weekend's special crates are nothing more than a regular special crate with a new t shirt...

"i got a social club weekend crate in GTA online and all i got was this lousy t shirt" lol.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the info dlow. Are the crates even worth the hassle!? Like if you find a weapon in one do you always have it in your inventory like when you buy one.

When the chopper comes do you get a notification or does it even show on the map?

I have never gotten one ... I have heard players saying they have got large sums of cash like 50k and 100k .weapons, clothing items one guy said he got a free Cheetah from the website .........how much is true and how much is BS i may never know lol

a green dot showed on the map to give us directions ....... once we got close to that area it expanded and we could see the general area it would drop in ...the area on the GPS was also green and you could tell if you were inside the dropzone or just outside it

The chopper never showed up on the radar for us last night.....we could see it come in and circle the shaded area ......there was never any notifacation that the crate had  indeed dropped, ... the only msg the 3 of us saw was the one that says its going to take place .sorry i cant remember how it was worded

Sh1zn3t
  • Sh1zn3t

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

People like me didn't get a crate because retards like you camped inside the green zone before the crate actually dropped.

How about you take your rifle and blow his head off? You didnt get a crate because you couldnt find a way to get

whoever was camping to leave. So it's on you, not on him. f*cking idiot.

• kipakolonyasi likes this

Judas0ne
  • Judas0ne

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

I scored two Special crates yesterday and three regular ones. They all had the regular stuff in them except the Specials had rocket launchers insteadf of miniguns. Then two randoms decided to camp inside the green circle for literally an hour or better even after I sent them text messages explaining that you cant. That green circle stayed on the board for another hour or better and the crate never dropped. I left the session so who knows how long it actually lasted.

Thehunteroftruth
  • Thehunteroftruth

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

Are weapons in there permanent, is the T shirt cool? I can't see by myself cause i'm still a newbie lol

Retardation
  • Retardation

Radio Mirror Park

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Because you use the forum. You also went to the crate drop and one didn't drop. Either way, you're still the retard that ruined my chance to get a crate.

Hahaha wow this guy

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

useless

DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

I just saw a 'Crate drop inbound' message pop up. The green zone was too far away and there were two guys hanging around it so I didnt bother. 5 minutes later and the same two guys are in the drop zone

kingcool52
  • kingcool52

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Got a message that a drop was about to happen, saw a green box icon on the map, no one near it and its in the Baine County area in like a swampish area. Went there, got the crate, had to shoot a few NPCs. Mini gun, 5000Cash, a few RP and something else. Well worth the time it took for me to go there

Breaking Windows
  • Breaking Windows

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by Breaking Windows, 24 November 2013 - 02:53 PM.

that's the t shirt you get

http://socialclub.ro...gRUun035xs25KQg

• yanksrule3 likes this

Volvo12345
  • Volvo12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

IT DOSENT METTER IF YOU ARE GOING INTO THE GREEN ZONE BEFORE IT DROPS.. IT DOSENT DROP ANYWAY... so stop bitching about it.

BILLHICKSISDEAD
  • BILLHICKSISDEAD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

In the green zone or not, the event crate will drop 3 real time hours after the announcement.

DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by DarraghR, 24 November 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Ok just after seeing an icon for a crate on the map. Its a green box with a question mark in it. After the person collected the crate a little white flag appeared in place of the green question mark box

DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

In the green zone or not, the event crate will drop 3 real time hours after the announcement.

3 hours is a long time to be hanging around. At least I know now

BILLHICKSISDEAD
  • BILLHICKSISDEAD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

'Find Session' is your friend.

Judas0ne
  • Judas0ne

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

3 games hours...or 6 minutes real time. Not that long at all.

PhilWillKill
  • PhilWillKill

Fanatic

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

As soon as I got online last night there was a message about a crate drop imminent, I opened the map and saw a green circle on the beach next to the pier.  Set a waypoint and drove straight there - got there before anyone else and there were about 4 NPC's with guns - took them out and when I reached the crate it was a large wooden box and I think it got shot open by another NPC.  I didn't really get time to see what the reward was but I think it was $2000 and 2000RP, then I got shot by another player.

Luckily he didn't steal the cash but almost immediately afterwards one dropped in BC and although noone was near I couldn't be bothered to race up there for what I received.

loki993
  • loki993

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by loki993, 25 November 2013 - 06:13 PM.

The whole weekend I saw 2 crates drop......just 2. One someone else got and one I got and it was a regular crate. By Sunday when I was playing the crate drop notice came but no one would go to the area. I think everyone had given up by then.

I do have one question though does Rockstar test anything? How can a main focus of an event be so broken?

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

I got 2 that were f"""""" empty. What is this garbage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users