Photo

girl with a mic

48 replies to this topic
EdF4ce
  • EdF4ce

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

Although it all sounds creepy I do understand where the op is coming from. It would be refreshing to hear a female voice in party chat rather than the dulcet tones of the other guys I play with. I've only ever played with one female gamer in all my days xboxing and it was a good laugh, the banter was worse than ever haha!
  • BuyMeTheMoon likes this

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by Gasmasks, 25 November 2013 - 05:27 PM.

I am a female, with a female character, and my gamer tag is my name (should of thought that through really and made another ps3 account before I started!) but I don't use my mic. Purely because I come from a part of the UK called Bristol and I sound like a farmer lol. If anyone heard me speak it would be like senior school all over again!

Bwhahahahaha! I'm a London boy so if I catch your farmer accent on a server I'll lol so much. We love it.

No but on topic. Why should it matter if it's a female or not? I don't get it. Maybe I don't understand because I'm not a desperate virgin irl? Not too sure. Then again, I wouldn't know if the OP was or not either so I'm not judging. I'm merely joking ;D. You do what you want mate, but at the end of the day my advice to you is, don't specifically go out looking for females, you WILL look desperate and this will make them run the other way. Be cool and sophisticated and the women will come to you. I know this works for a fact.

• Peaches84 likes this

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Just thought I'd throw my .02 in here. I moved an hour away from my hometown. Somehow randomly linked up with a girl I grew up around on GTA like day 2. We're dating now and play on 2 xboxes side by side. Didn't have anything to do with the whole "omg a girl gamer" thing either.

She uses a headset too. Luckily for her, she doesn't get blown up on for being a girl. Although usually its because I link her into whatever game I'm usually in with cool people. Luckily for her she doesn't get bombarded with msgs and f/rs.

I applaud your ability to stick through the bs most female gamers have to put up with.

Peaches84
  • Peaches84

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by Peaches84, 25 November 2013 - 06:52 PM.

I am a female, with a female character, and my gamer tag is my name (should of thought that through really and made another ps3 account before I started!) but I don't use my mic. Purely because I come from a part of the UK called Bristol and I sound like a farmer lol. If anyone heard me speak it would be like senior school all over again!

Bwhahahahaha! I'm a London boy so if I catch your farmer accent on a server I'll lol so much. We love it.

No but on topic. Why should it matter if it's a female or not? I don't get it. Maybe I don't understand because I'm not a desperate virgin irl? Not too sure. Then again, I wouldn't know if the OP was or not either so I'm not judging. I'm merely joking ;D. You do what you want mate, but at the end of the day my advice to you is, don't specifically go out looking for females, you WILL look desperate and this will make them run the other way. Be cool and sophisticated and the women will come to you. I know this works for a fact.
I'd just confuse people, part of my gamer tag is Princess, but I know that as soon as I spoke peoples be like "she don't sound royal!"
Though I did get a kick out of finding some tractors on the beach and drove around honking at everyone. Everyone probably thought I was a f*cking moron!

007_eleven
  • 007_eleven

The 80's are never over!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

The gender ratio in this game is way off balance, although I think it's like that in many video games GTA feels like more of a sausage fest than most. I've only met two women, one from GTAForums and one who was in a really annoying Free roam crew that just killed everyone a lot. It would be nice if there were more girls, guys can be very douchey sometimes.

So if you're a girl or guy who isn't a dick and plays PS3-free aim-good sport feel free to add me:)
PSN: O07_eleven with letter then number

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Couldn't be any worse off than a lone American in a Brit school! =P

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by Shmiqq, 26 November 2013 - 03:29 PM.

yes bruv the south shall rise again

even more south than you, I reckon we're the most understandable

no offence to any northerners etc

on topic though, OP you'll find them naturally just don't be picky about gender or mic or anything, people will play the "beggars can't be choosers", you're better off just saying you're looking for people to play with

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

The gender ratio in this game is way off balance, although I think it's like that in many video games GTA feels like more of a sausage fest than most. I've only met two women, one from GTAForums and one who was in a really annoying Free roam crew that just killed everyone a lot. It would be nice if there were more girls, guys can be very douchey sometimes.

So if you're a girl or guy who isn't a dick and plays PS3-free aim-good sport feel free to add me:)
PSN: O07_eleven with letter then number

Really? I've found that there seems to be a lot more female players than I'm used to, not more than there are guys, but certainly more than I've ever seen playing Halo or Cod. 

MarvGladstone
  • MarvGladstone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

Don't care if you're a guy or a girl... I will still run over you with my car and then shoot you...

Treeburner67
  • Treeburner67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

Notice how he hasn't replied since we pegged what he was doing

i didnt respond because someone hmu and i didnt need this thread anymore

5wanny
  • 5wanny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

You must love GTA V with having Tractors in the game, Bristolians are easy to understand unless they talk fast then i have no hope being from the midlands ;)

The OP hasnt replied? Maybe he has pulled and his living happily ever after in his online apartment?

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:44 PM Edited by M3mn0ch_1987, 29 November 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Im from the north west :-( admitedly i was chatting to a canadian girl t'other (lol) from russia who was in my crew and she couldnt understand a word i was sayin lol! I guess we are just to nasel :-)

I don't have any issues understanding any accent really. Im from Preston so not too far up north. Im guessing you mean more towards Scotland? One accent that goes right through me... the brummy accent. I talk to people from Bristol all the time as part of my job and have no issue with understanding their dialect etc.

ryandabz
  • ryandabz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

I'm from Manchester and the americans really struggle to under stand things like 'mi' meaning me and 'ovoh' meaning over.. Theres loads more but there the most common

HEX1GON
  • HEX1GON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

My girlfriend plays GTA with me. We don't use mics in game though, there is no need to. However my main character is a female, I get many fr when other players see me (which is weird). A few times I get messages like "you must be a hot girl!" And I reply "I'm a dude" and never get another message back lol

There's so many creeps, and then others wonder why the gender ratio is off balance... Unless you've raced or done missions with the other player many then send a fr. Not OMG GIRL ADD. My girlfriend gets so many requests when she used her mic for 40 seconds, so it goes to show you the effect of not using a mic lol

So how many of you that have female characters get the same sh*t as I do?

hammertime99
  • hammertime99

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

My girlfriend plays GTA with me. We don't use mics in game though, there is no need to. However my main character is a female, I get many fr when other players see me (which is weird). A few times I get messages like "you must be a hot girl!" And I reply "I'm a dude" and never get another message back lol

There's so many creeps, and then others wonder why the gender ratio is off balance... Unless you've raced or done missions with the other player many then send a fr. Not OMG GIRL ADD. My girlfriend gets so many requests when she used her mic for 40 seconds, so it goes to show you the effect of not using a mic lol

same her, people asking for dates, send daily messages like how are you and can you turn your mic on pls... Creepy todays society

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

same her, people asking for dates, send daily messages like how are you and can you turn your mic on pls... Creepy todays society

People really do that sh*t? Oh my god...don't they realize how desperate and pathetic that is? I mean do they really think they're going to get laid that way?

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

What's wrong with him wanting to find a girl to play with? Good luck in your adventures OP but you won't find many females on these forums because of those that reply with such comments as above.

Wanting to talk to girls is fine, specifically asking for girls to play with you kinda sounds weird, creepy, more-than-a-little desperate. Which doesn’t make it ‘wrong’ exactly, but does mean it’s very easy to make fun of.

If he was just looking for people to play with then why would it matter what sex they were?

Ah yes, a pirate does sound more adventurous. Next time people ask where I've left my tractor (I live in Kent now so it comes up whenever I open my mouth) I shall reply that I prefer to get around on my beloved ship, The Black Peach.

The Black Peach? No wonder you didn’t make it as a farmer, you’re not supposed to let your crops rot!

It would be refreshing to hear a female voice in party chat rather than the dulcet tones of the other guys I play with.

Don’t the squeaky 13 year olds sound feminine enough?

• Peaches84 likes this

ChrisFley
  • ChrisFley

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Ah, the reason for this is because 99% of gamers are fat and single.

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Ride or Die!

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

regarding bristol, wasnt black beard (the pirate) supposedly from bristol? lol although the accent does sound more farmer than pirate, not that i cant laugh, im from birmingham, where the rest of the country seem to think we talk like yam yams (people from dudley) which we dont... sort of.

ill hopefully be getting a headset by monday so you can all hear how i speak :-/

regarding the OP, yes, he did come across as a little desperate although probably wasnt his intention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users