Photo

Am I the only one let down?

31 replies to this topic
AiwaBlue11
  • AiwaBlue11

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

Okay, okay. Hear me out. I can see all the hate mail and the "noob" or "get a life" comments coming in. I'm 23, been gaming since the original Nintendo. GTA 3 was amazing to me. When I saw GTA V, I was mind blown. I thought this would be the greatest game I've ever played. And for a while, it was.

I leveled up to 63 just from honest playing, clean playing, never bothering anyone. And then I gave up. Rockstar has had months to fix the bugs, the glitches, and everything else. What is the point anymore? They haven't. There are no heists. The same damn missions are so repetitive it is boring. Survival has lost its fun.

People keep saying how they went to Ghosts and then back to GTA. At least Activision immediately fixed and went beyond what we expected with their patches. I mean what the f???

Rockstar dropped the ball on what could have been a masterpiece.
  • adirtygriff and PandaLambpaws like this

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:40 AM Edited by Dasrouse, 24 November 2013 - 08:41 AM.

I understand your frustration. But let's be honest, how many other games we expected to be great ended up flopping? ME3 anyone? Give it some time or find a different activity to do in the game. Sometimes bugs take a while to figure out, as far as i am concerned, the moment they stop support to this game i.e. stopping putting out DLC then I will call it dead. I wasn't a fan of the racing at first, but now I want to race more and more (mostly for the unlocks of course).

Then there is the awards I am trying to do like the jumping medal and the flipping medal. If you want to do something else fun in the game, I have a PVR and I have been thinking of doing a "COPS" Los Santos edition. If you're on ecksbawks, you can join in if you'd like.
  • A J likes this

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

I dont doubt R* will deliver on the heists etc, but it has pissed me off somewhat at their lackadaisical approach to fixing issues and following through on what should have been delivered at the start.

GTA V is an evolving game, it's just a pity they didn't push the boundaries a bit more on release - the promise of a huge open world to explore is fine, if they had delivered a huge open world for us to explore - yes, it's big, but it's not that big...

Still - I love it, and will keep playing it - it is after all, a genre defining game.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:47 AM Edited by Mr. Crowley, 24 November 2013 - 08:53 AM.

>23
>gaming since original nintendo

...it came out about 5 years before you were even born...
...hell, super nintendo was likely out the year you were born...

...f*ck I'm getting old...

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

imho single player is still great.

online is a huge let down especially considering the hype and what they said they would put into it.

in time it will be decent I am sure but for now it is indeed a bust. especially since they are pushing cash cards soooooo hard with the payments being nerfed.

games without an agenda cater to their fan base. this is smart for a company to do.

rockstar is catering to themselves and being greedy. I would honestly love for them to reset all gltichers (myself included) so i can just quit out right and not buy any dlc when they push that for $$ in the future. i know 20+ people online 20+ who glitched money and if they reset us we already have talked we would just quit and not buy any heist dlc or anything future for gta 5 at least.

• A J likes this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

and not buy any heist dlc or anything future for gta 5 at least.

romneyanimatedlaugh.gif

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

>23

>23

I figured somebody's math was wrong. You're getting old? I remember raging every time the dog would laugh at me when playing Duck Hunt. Do you remember having to blow into the cartridges when the game would load?

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

>23

>23

I figured somebody's math was wrong. You're getting old? I remember raging every time the dog would laugh at me when playing Duck Hunt. Do you remember having to blow into the cartridges when the game would load?

>23

>23

f*ck yeah, I hated that sh*t.
Blow, put cartrige in, bang the top of the system, turn on. Repeat if it didnt work...lol

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

I remember chasing single pixels around the screen on my ZX81.

Jtuned33
  • Jtuned33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

Good old nes days.  Anyone ever put the cartridges in the freezer?  The hype was crazy for the features they mentioned, in time it'll hopefully work out.  

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

I remember chasing single pixels around the screen on my ZX81.

Never had one, I had a hand-me-down Atari and some Texas Instruments game system I don't remember what it was called.

cremilar
  • cremilar

:|

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

I miss my Colecovision

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Ok so go play another f*cking game, Christ. GTA will still be here when you come back, it's like the only game you must play.

lakitv
  • lakitv

Uber Gta User

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:56 AM Edited by lakitv, 24 November 2013 - 09:56 AM.

Gta is like that cute girl who is with this asshole boyfriend( YOU ) who doesnt see all the many things she does for him, and how much she tries to make him happy. Instead you drink and beat her and post hate messages on forums.

• Judas0ne and Dillinger83 like this

Fulisk
  • Fulisk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

Gta is like that cute girl who is with this asshole boyfriend( YOU ) who doesnt see all the many things she does for him, and how much she tries to make him happy. Instead you drink and beat her and post hate messages on forums.

Christ, what an analogy 

Reckless1
  • Reckless1

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

Montazuma's Revenge baby. I was like 4 when I first played that...but to be honest....

World of Warcraft
Goldeneye 64
Mario Party 64
GTA series with online in the lead

In order of hours logged lol so I would say this game delivered more than 60 bucks worth already.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

work in progress =/= masterpiece

I really think R* would have saved themselves a lot of trouble if they had just called it an open Beta.
people wouldn't complain as much and it would leave the option of resetting every1 once it goes out of Beta
  • A J likes this

rnb010
  • rnb010

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

>23

>23

Hearts_Contra--article_image.jpg

fk duck hunt

• SlicedSebs and SAUL_SILVER like this

rnb010
  • rnb010

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:26 PM Edited by rnb010, 24 November 2013 - 12:26 PM.

bitch promised me some P ages ago

AND I STILL HAVENT HAD ANY!!!

SlicedSebs
  • SlicedSebs

I sell soap...

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

>23

>23

Hearts_Contra--article_image.jpg

fk duck hunt

+1 Love me some Contra... well Probotector or whatever the hell it got renamed to in the UK.

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm let down by the lack of Cops N Crooks, and similar unique team modes.

I'm let down by the divide Rockstar won't remove from multiplayer, f*ck autoaim, just make it free aim only, so every player is together.

Single player, the map, the cars, the weapons, the gameplay, has not let me down though, Great stuff Rockstar. 

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Beach bum DLC disappointed me and didn't at the same time. Here is why:

The survival is pretty cool and so are the parachute jumps.

We have gold chains now, which is a good feature and the gold coloured watch goes nicely with it.

The guns are a gimmick and I have cut a few people up with the broken bottle, that would also be good for Roleplay. Ie. In a bar fight scenario. So it's useful in some ways. The SNS could be the same. The idea of an SNS is you have a quick pop at someone and dump it in the bushes, a cheap pistol lol.

Now the cons are worse:

Hardly any co-op features in the game at all, same old.

Not enough missions, not just from the DLC, but in general.

Not enough clothing options, even with the new DLC.

No f*cking bandanas for your face (That could be crew coloured and emblemed.)

The new DLC cars suck so I don't use any of them, just roll on my old ones.

All the new stuff is FREE! I know this is may sound as a silly gripe, but at the end of the day working for and buying items is part of the fun of this game, so to make all the new items from the DLC free seems a bit ridiculous.

Beach themed DLC? - This is stupid. The game revolves around criminals, not hippy noob surfers.

Well, there's one more gripe I have and that's the fact that instead of putting this DLC in, they could have bought out more missions (PVE Co-op jobs etc.) and they could have brought out 1 or 2 heists. They need to do this quickly anyway, because the '500' jobs and 'heists' aren't in it like they said they would, about a month and a half after release. I find that pretty bad.

Also, why no animals online? - This is disappointing. I wanted to go hunting with my bros. lol..

NaturalFawnKiller
  • NaturalFawnKiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

I don't understand what some people seem to have been expecting from GTA Online. It has everything they said it would in the trailer except for heists and the content creator which they've promised are gonna be added soon. 

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

they lied with heists...ruined special events...ect

stop defending cockstar

illegal beagle
  • illegal beagle

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

My friend, you have some issues.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

I mainly complain about this game because I hold RockStar in such high regard. I have been a huge fan of their games for awhile now. Red Dead Redemption really made me a die hard fan. I guess I expect more from them because I know they can do it. This isn't their first online outing, they aren't a new company with growing pains.

The story mode of GTA 5 is very well done, just like their games in the past. Whoever is in charge of this whole online ordeal just seems to be dropping the ball... Over and over again. I expect more because I care. I don't expect sh*t from a call of duty because I don't give a damn about it. They can put out a crap call of duty game every year and it won't bother me that it is garbage because I don't think much of the game to begin with. GTA on the other hand is supposed to be RockStars flagship game. Online mode on this game is just so far beneath RockStar.

AiwaBlue11
  • AiwaBlue11

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Bro, just because I am 23 and Nintendo came out 5 years before I was born, doesn't mean my parents didn't have the console and I was a weeee little thing playing it in my early year.

AiwaBlue11
  • AiwaBlue11

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Btw, I completely agree that SP mode is amazingly well done. Just really let down on GTA:O. The whole fun for me is playing with other people. And I have had some good times. But they have had a lot of time and just keep dropping the ball.

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

wake me up when something new happens in this game

Dillinger83
  • Dillinger83

boosted h22

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Rockstar North (formerly DMA) and Rockstar San Diego (formerly Angel studios) made gta for what it is. R*SD for the RAGE engine and R*north for creating gta. Rockstar just bought them out lol. They wouldnt be sh*t without their money for buying people and companies. Who was behind Red Dead? Thats right...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users