• SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

The websites in the game can be loaded from either the disc, or the update:
On disc (PS3): ps3.rpf\data\cdimages\scaleform_web.rpf
Update: update.rpf\ps3\patch\data\cdimages\scaleform_web.rpf
*Use LibertyV to open RPF files.

The websites are made up of 2 files: one is a normal .ctd/.xtd texture file, and the other is a scaleform .gfx file.
.ctd/.xtd files can be opened with GTA V Console Texture Editor, and house DXT5 .dds files - which can be edited in paint.net/gimp/photoshop.
The .gfx is an uncompressed scaleform file, which can be converted to a .swf file by opening it in a hex editor and changing the file header from GFX to FWS. From there you can decompile the swf file using a decompiler like Trillex or SoThink SWF.

VaVXu3gl.png

SouthernSanAndreasSuperAutos.com ActionScript.

You can add a website, or change a website's domain name, just by renaming the .ctd/.xtd and .gfx files. So if I wanted to add a new site, I'd just take a site and rename it to www_sonofugly_com.gfx and .ctd/.xtd:

TVuZz4fl.png

And then going to sonofugly.com in the in-game browser will turn up:

fC0SZk5l.png

...And I also edited the header image.

The reason I looked into this is because I'm currently working on a handling mod for V, but testing hard to find cars can take quite a while without a trainer, so I had the idea to edit one of the in-game website that sells cars and make them sell rare, or even all, cars. However, I've never played around with SWF, or Flash, or ActionScript before so I'm a bit over my head... and it'd take along time to repack and test a website after editing to make sure I didn't screw something up and it still worked. It'll be interesting to see what kind of website can be made for V, perhaps something like whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com, or maybe someone can make a website like I was going to do.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

Went ahead and tried changing some of the cars, but after clicking purchase no money was taken, no texts were sent and I didn't get the car, so it looks like information is kept elsewhere - probably in some script.

2KkW7hdl.png
fFOh8rVl.png
rgdXO1El.png

Also tried editing web_browser.gfx and adding lines about the site, but it didn't change anything. If anyone knows more about this, or you just want to mess around with the files here: website files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users