Photo

Survival Guide

111 replies to this topic
cattafett
  • cattafett

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

i've had people join my game, turns out that they are friends of the people i'm playing with

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

giving this a bump

btw: how the heck can a player join a survival mission that is already in progress????  I've had this happen to me quite a few times now.  Is this from a hack or is there a glitch that ppl are exploiting to do this?

They typically show up after wave 2 or so. You get a message "so and so is spectating". Then the extra player joins in during that break between waves.

It's annoying as f*ck because this totally disrupts the team dynamics against the AI.  Especially if they happen to be clueless n00bs who have no idea what cover means in a survival scenario.  Or having ppl randomly popping in/out of the survival when they feel like it.  :facedesk:

You don't need to bump this.

It's already pinned

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by KingReflex, 21 February 2014 - 03:56 PM.

Too be honest survival is tedious, draining and useless now. Once u hit lvl 36, just do Coveted. It takes about 4 tries for you to remember where enemies take cover at. Its really just sniping 24 targets from a hill. Snipe explosive barrels and motorcycles for easy multi kills. An rpg will help with enemies behind cars but is not needed. gives 18000 dollars if done under 10min otherwise.its 15000. Takes 3-5min solo once you get good. I suggest friends on your first tries.Gives 2100-2300 rp. Makes survival completely obsolete concerning time.

PhDJ
  • PhDJ

Gunslinger

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

No guide for the new "Maze bank" survival yet ?

Evictious
  • Evictious

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

With the new weapons added I have found that all 10 rounds of Railyard can be Soloed from the open Railcar.

Use the Heavy Pistol in the first three rounds.  (This pistol will one shot enemies with a torso or better hit)

Use the Carbine (new assault rifle) in the remaining rounds.  (three to five shots drops a target, one or two will make them fall so you can drop back to cover).  Using the Carbine to take out the Chopper in Wave 4 and 10 takes some skill.  Save it for last, stay safe in the rail car and move deeper in if the chopper gets some stray shots on you, burst fire to take out the shooters and pilot (take out pilot first if you can).

When down to the last enemy, pop out and run collect health and armor, then kill the last guy.  During the countdown for the start of the next wave grab any ammo and weapons on your way back to the Railcar hideaway.

Enter the open Railcar and "hide" against either side of the opening.  As enemies move in pop-target>fire>drop back to cover.  When a large group starts moving in quickly fire and change target with a tap to the right stick, then drop to cover.

--------

If you do not have the two new weapons you can replace the Heavy Pistol with the Combat Pistol, and the Carbine with an assault rifle pick up on wave 2 or 3.  Grenades and Sticky Bombs are great for taking out hard to reach targets (remember you can trigger Sticky Bombs in mid-air).

Evictious
  • Evictious

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Too be honest survival is tedious, draining and useless now. Once u hit lvl 36, just do Coveted. It takes about 4 tries for you to remember where enemies take cover at. Its really just sniping 24 targets from a hill. Snipe explosive barrels and motorcycles for easy multi kills. An rpg will help with enemies behind cars but is not needed. gives 18000 dollars if done under 10min otherwise.its 15000. Takes 3-5min solo once you get good. I suggest friends on your first tries.Gives 2100-2300 rp. Makes survival completely obsolete concerning time.

I run Coveted two or three times a night.  It's gotten so dull that I clear all the targets in the cove before even taking the chopper (cause its fun).  I use Survival to break up the monotony that Coveted becomes.

Besides in Railyard the "enemy" is the LSPD, and who doesn't enjoy unleashing rampant death upon the LSPD.

• cattafett and budcat like this

recen
  • recen

Life is a dream. Realize it

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:24 AM Edited by recen, 16 March 2014 - 11:27 PM.

There is a new one called "Maze Bank Survival" I think the best place is at the back near the water on top of one of the water places. I'll upload a picture of the spot later maybe. I survived alone the hole ten waves so I think it's a pretty good spot.

PhDJ
  • PhDJ

Gunslinger

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

There is a new one called "Maze Bank Survival" I think the best place is at the back near the water on top of one of the water places. I'll upload a picture of the spot later maybe. I survived alone the hole ten waves so I think it's a pretty good spot.

Would like to see that spot !

recen
  • recen

Life is a dream. Realize it

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:41 AM Edited by recen, 18 March 2014 - 09:45 AM.

Sry for the delay.

gta5_s_01.jpg

gta5_s_02.jpg

Right against the wall at the end on the plateau (red circle). You're save from the people which come from the stairs, the helis cannot get ya, alone it's tough tho. 

But I think it's the best spot. Or at least for me it is.

• coach_wargo and PhDJ like this

PhDJ
  • PhDJ

Gunslinger

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Sry for the delay.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Right against the wall at the end on the plateau. Your save from the people from below, the helis cannot get ya but alone it's tough tho. 

Thanks for that, will try it out !

• recen likes this

budcat
  • budcat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:53 AM Edited by budcat, 02 April 2014 - 11:58 AM.

The only survival I'll play now is Boneyard and only if I'm voted into it while playing with a decent group of people.  Most people know how to do this one but I've done it countless times now so I've noticed a couple things that maybe were obvious or maybe you missed.

If somebody takes the inner side of the office, and you're covering the outside, the only time you might take a hit while in cover is as trucks pass on your left.  When you see a car approaching from behind on the radar move into cover about half-way in until the cars pass and you shouldn't take any hits.

If your other man dies and you're left to cover both sides alone, tear gas can be used to cover the other side, buying you extra time to clean up enemies.  NPCs seem to opt for different pathing and may avoid flanking you if you block their route with tear gas.  NPCs don't seem to shoot through the fog much either.  Just don't fail a throw and chuck it right at your feet or you'll run the risk of choking to death while all your dead teammates watch.

If you are too slow and end up the odd one out, and two people have already claimed the good spots, you can hide inside the building behind the dumpster.  If you take cover against the wall, you can shimmy behind the dumpster, then press the button to come out of cover and press it again to take cover behind the dumpster.  It can get a little scary but you can survive any wave here by blind firing from behind the dumpster.  Just stick to the left side.

Don't forget to eat.

Drink 2 piswassers each round you don't take a hit and see how many bottles you can get at your feet at the end of Wave 10.

PsychoGamer3
  • PsychoGamer3

The End Times Prophet

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

I love Survival.

PJ-147
  • PJ-147

qotd

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

I love Survival.

Me too!

WarBoy20
  • WarBoy20

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:51 AM Edited by WarBoy20, 06 May 2014 - 06:52 AM.

I love Survival.

Me too!

me 3 but i just can never find people to play it with everyone much rather do rooftop :)

Sandra-js85
  • Sandra-js85

GTA Online Nut

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

As host, I set matchmaking options to 'closed' from the lobby menu, I don't get 'randoms' joining late now, but I think friends can still join if they select 'join game' from pause menu. Not sure if you are already doing this or not, but it seems to have worked for me.

Jack Reature
  • Jack Reature

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:40 AM

Sorry I haven't updated the OP for Maze bank, or any of the others for that matter. I haven't been able to for obvious reasons, but I think I will keep posting in this topic for new maps/ideas/playstyles etc etc if people show interest in the mode. 

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

Sorry I haven't updated the OP for Maze bank, or any of the others for that matter. I haven't been able to for obvious reasons, but I think I will keep posting in this topic for new maps/ideas/playstyles etc etc if people show interest in the mode. 

Welp that sure didn't last long...

Word of advice don't come back you will keep getting banned.

TexasKilldozer
  • TexasKilldozer

Los Santos Golf Pro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

I've beaten Railyard on my own by camping in the railcar that's under the big shed. The big plus is that it provides cover from the choppers. The downside is that auto-aim is kind of buggy. Don't get all the way at the end of the car... back up a little bit and your gun will lock on enemies better.

In Maze bank, there's some armor that Spawns on a bridge I camp by a wall near the bridge and can take out enemies coming from all angles.Even though it doesn't provide good cover from the choppers, if you have a minigun, it should make quick work of them.

The Flaming Ranger
  • The Flaming Ranger

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

So I might post some videos of the mode in this thread if anyone is interested. Feel free to do so yourself.

G24xRETURNS
  • G24xRETURNS

Dat Dude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:30 AM Edited by G24xRETURNS, 04 July 2014 - 12:31 AM.

Now that Coveted had been nerfed and survival can get you 30, I'm back to doing a survival every session. I can solo four of them, but I've never finished the plaza, the bank, or the mill solo. I see the suggested camping spot for the bank. Anyone have one for the plaza or the mill?

The Ost
  • The Ost

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

Any tips for the newest survival map?

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Hey anyone on xbox feel like knocking out a few survivals or just one later tonight i still havent beat sawmill, industrial, & the newest one?

Mojo924
  • Mojo924

Deadshot

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

You want to learn how to survive? Talk to a pro(at destroying people) PSN:mojo924. Ive taken down 10 man crews singlehandedly, and I have a trick that I teach my Family about how to own on Online. I have a 2.70 KD(No Tanks Or Jets) and I do free aim DM's with my Mafia. If you are looking for Proffesionals to take you under their wing, talk to me.

-TBSM God Father

Peace Sword
  • Peace Sword

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

You want to learn how to survive? Talk to a pro(at destroying people) PSN:mojo924. Ive taken down 10 man crews singlehandedly, and I have a trick that I teach my Family about how to own on Online. I have a 2.70 KD(No Tanks Or Jets) and I do free aim DM's with my Mafia. If you are looking for Proffesionals to take you under their wing, talk to me.

-TBSM God Father

...you get the f*ck out.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Mojo924
  • Mojo924

Deadshot

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

-TBSM God Father

...you get the f*ck out.

Actually i think YOU should get the f*ck out because i would wreck you in a 1v1 lol

Slowthrill
  • Slowthrill

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

THE info in the first post should be updated..
Pay out is now 30000

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

-TBSM God Father

...you get the f*ck out.

Actually i think YOU should get the f*ck out because i would wreck you in a 1v1 lol

If there's one thing I've learned it is that people in "mafia" crews suck. Seriously, the ppl in those kinda crews is boys who's still waiting for their balls to drop. Am I on to something here? Did I just describe you? Yes I did.

Now gtfo and stop try recruiting ppl to your sh*tty crew in this thread.
  • jo929 likes this

AeroMaks07
  • AeroMaks07

All day, 'erry day

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:22 AM Edited by AeroMaks07, 06 August 2014 - 01:23 AM.

People really underestimate the power of a strategically placed tear gas. I place it on a corner and I just see red dots dissapearing and them little RP popups appearing...

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

^ works best on choke points

Soulwax FM
  • Soulwax FM

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

I can't update the first post for obvious reasons, but yeah I don't think the pay change matters too much. Remember feel free to post new strategies, positions, pictures and videos of both new and old maps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users