» «
Photo

Survival Guide

128 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 07 December 2013 - 03:52 AM.

Alright this is my first guide, I will be editing this a lot once its posted and will also be posting youtube videos to help explain some of my points. I hear there is demand for this kind of guide so here is my shot at it. I will firstly write this as a solo guide, and will expand it to include co op strategies. I would also like other posters to add to the sections, if I either paraphrase or copypaste your idea I will give you credit.

Motivation: 

Survival is a good mode to get into because it helps out your "meta game" a lot. Its a great way to stack up ammo, and you can unlock other weapons for your session such as the Advanced Rifle, its great for DM's.

It also has a good payout, 20k cash for completion and 18k for simply making it to round 10, and decent RP as you get RP for kills as well. Most importantly, it's simply a fun mode to play. Keep in mind it is a skill based mode, there is a lot of detail I will be missing and I can't cover everything. I will make some YouTube videos in the hope that you can learn from those.

A general overrunning strategy I try is to complete Processed to collect the minigun, and then move on to other maps as I can now easily take out choppers. So this guide is sorta written with that in mind, you want to be able to at least get the minigun solo, from there co op games and other maps will be easier.

Equipment:

The equipment in this section will vary depending on what you have already unlocked, and how much ammo you have. I will be assuming you want to gather ammo for the assault rifle, so I advise not to use it at all. After 40 minutes of playing I managed to max out the MG and the assault rifle's ammo

Do not buy any ammo at the loadout, waste of money. Don't buy body armor either. I am assuming again you are playing solo, if you leave the last guy alive and collect everything you will have more than enough ammo in the long run. Only do this for the first few rounds, later on there will be so much ammo on the ground you wont need to worry about it. Think of your equipment in terms of matches, think long term.

I find that the AP pistol works wonders, you are incredibly mobile with it, I think the animations are sped up a little bit so you move in and out of cover faster, and it has very good damage and range. I prefer it over SMGs. For this reason, I don't use the pistol until later rounds to save ammo for it, its more fun using your SMG on lower rounds anyway.

For the first few rounds I will use the SMG/MG, I will use whichever has the most ammo, by the time I run out I would have a crap load of ammo for the other.

Save up your grenades, use them for DMs they are surprisingly good there. Use the RPG and Grenade Launcher on the vehicles that come by. Sticky bombs are great when camping, put them in spots where you don't want the enemy to get too close.

If I don't have the minigun, I will use the MG or heavy sniper to take out the choppers. The MG is also my weapon of choice in later rounds if my AP pistol is out of ammo.

General Strategy:

A good starting strategy for getting into this mode would be to play Processed solo a lot to stock up on ammo. Use the pick up weapons you find and take out the guards from a hiding spot. If you leave the last guy alive and use the health/armor pickups, you should be able to pick up all the dead NPC guns. If you follow the strategy in video below you should be able to eventually solo the map. If you are not at the level requirement or find the spot too hard to use even with sticky bombs, then try Boneyard Co Op.

I also noted when I played Processed a lot that I only had to deal with the chopper on rounds 4 and 10. Would like someone to confirm that this isn't always the case, if not, then this should be considerably easier than other maps.

If you can solo up to at least round 9 you should be able to do get the minigun. Now you can pretty much do any other map as you can take out the helicopters. You really want to join in on those maps while they are playing Co Op, and use the minigun as a support role while taking cover behind the front gunners. If the people you are playing with don't know where to camp, then camp there yourself until they get the picture.

You get the same amount of cash and more end game RP for playing with a group (but potentially less if you don't get many kills?) and you should be able to clear those rounds easily. I will start making a new part of the guide for those who want a challenge without the minigun, or those who simply don't want to do Processed or Boneyard every time they want to do survival (those over 120 can do whatever you want).

Processed:

Here is a video on how to solo the stage using the northern shed, it only shows the helicopter rounds but it should work on every other round. Basically this should be your launch pad for survival, follow the idea shown in the video to get the minigun and you can now take out choppers with ease on other maps in that session.

0_0.jpg

If you want to play Co Op, then you will want to basically stay in the shed that your teammates are camping in. Of the two sheds on the left hand side of the road shown above, you want to stay in the southernmost one as I think that has a faster spawn rate. I show the northern one because I find its safer and easier to get used to. Either way if you are playing Co Op just stick in the barn they are in and think about the angles being covered.

Co Op Strategy:

Boneyard:

Essentially you want to start out on the low rounds hunting them, I stay by the North West spawn and use low level weapons to save ammo. Around round 3 you want to start camping behind the container. I go with a partner but if im solo I will stay on the right hand side and use sticky bombs on the left hand side should they start shooting me from there. 

Support Role:

The above video outlines a strategy to use should both of the spots by the container be taken during chopper rounds. The guards will only spawn from one direction, its a really safe area. The key to taking out choppers is to take note of where the come from immediately, look at the chopper itself and figure out where it is going, and aim just a bit ahead of it.

Sandy Survival:

0_0.jpg

Solo Strategy: Coming soon

This is a decent map to run and gun on when there are no choppers, I recommend you try it out. For those more inclined to play strategically, I suggest camping at the starting area. In the picture shown is a red building the provides cover from the choppers, there are two spots so two people can go there. The area by the garage with the dude standing there is also a good spot if you want to play a support role, I prefer to destroy the fence so the AI can't use it as cover. There is also cover from the chopper there.

Industrial Plant:

0_0.jpg

In my opinion this is the most difficult map, it has very little cover from choppers and there is no real single path where guards can be bottle-necked through. For a fun challenge try go on to the roof of the plant.

Most matches where I beat round 10 is due to the team camping in the south eastern part of the map, near the body armor. In the picture on the bottom right corner are a bunch of crates. Notice there is a gap between the green and blue crate on the top layer, I usually stay in this gap. The rest of the team should be behind the boxes nearby on the ground floor taking out the enemies as they cross the open area. From between these crates you can help take out the helicopters, its pretty decent cover for this map. I usually come to this map after getting the minigun, but im sure you could do it with a heavy sniper. I will work on a video showing it and will work on a solo strategy for this map as well, as its pretty challenging doing it solo.

Sawmill Plant:

0_0.jpg

This is quite a large map, I would say this is mostly a skill based map. There is no real fixed strategy here, just practice running around and learn the map. Its kinda complex so try and take note when the enemies run into the open areas, that's when you wanna take them out. Really you just wanna get good at running around and shooting them as they run out of cover, its that simple. If you are playing with other players always keep an eye on what they are doing, what areas they are covering, and think about how you can help out. Try and develop a hive mind, and note the AI works as a hive mind as well.

On chopper rounds though there is a very good spot you can camp in, its inside the sawmill plant. This is like your backup plan, its a really safe spot to be in and you can blind fire with a shotgun, making you pretty much untouchable. Sticky bombs would also help. However the guards take a very long time to get to you and mostly want you to come to them, only do it if you really don't want to die. The link below shows the spot, as you can see its a pretty slow area.

Railyard:

0_0.jpg

I haven't played this map much but it seems pretty easy. I played it with marco-polo and we beat round 10 by staying at the south end of the map, picking them off as they approached us from the north (see link below).

I wouldn't think of this map in terms of camping spots, simply make sure they don't come at you from the sides and hold them off at one end of the map.
As for choppers, I found I had ample time to sit behind the containers and take them out with my minigun, I will try and find a strategy that doesn't involve the minigun though, but if you go between the containers you should be able to take out the gunners with a different weapon.

Miscellaneous: 

Spend some time exploring the area and the surrounding area of the map you are trying to play in free roam. Once you get a basic idea of the design and geometry of the map, you should be able to learn how to play the mode faster.

Buy lots of snacks from a store. If you get into serious trouble you can take cover and go into inventory to eat your snacks, this will replenish your health.

You can call in the Merryweather chopper to give you support. This costs 5000 though, but it does help out your entire team so it is better for the collective group.

Headshots are one hit kill on any round, so you can still do some damage with an SMG on later rounds if you put in the effort to aim up after locking on. Great for conserving ammo.

The helicopters can simply be destroyed if you shoot them enough times, if you are finding it hard to hit the gunners and pilot simply hit the chopper with the heavy sniper or MG enough times to destroy it.

I will keep updating, the base of this guide should be done by the end of next week, I will also add pictures of spawn points and more videos showing solo strategies, aggressive strategies, miscellaneous tips etc etc.
  • BenMillard, hafftrak, Anger Personified and 19 others like this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

Nice work there Jack. Not sure why this hasn't been bumped yet so here's one

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Nice work there Jack. Not sure why this hasn't been bumped yet so here's one

Thanks, probably isn't bumped because its very incomplete. I have a few more videos to make so I might consider remaking the topic later on once I have more videos to go with it. Until then I think people should try add their own advice to the sections, I think guides like these are better if more people contribute to them.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

Pinned it.. feel free to add and edit whenever you want. Thanks for the contribution.

• Mythological likes this

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for the info.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

I also want to add that I have created a crew for survival. Its not a serious crew, only requirement is that you enjoy playing survival mainly for its own sake and would rather play with like minded players than your average fellow who stumbled upon the survival icon in free roam. Its not too serious I would like the players in the crew to feel free to experiment with different spots, weapons etc etc. Its just a network for matchmaking to go smoother.

The name is called SurvivaIists. This name was already taken, so note the "l" is actually a capital "i", so in lower case letters the name is this "survivaiists".

Send me a PM or join via social network if you are interested in joining.

Also the guide is still a work in progress, feel free to add your own tactics for any section in the guide.

l_B33LZ_l
  • l_B33LZ_l

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:30 PM Edited by l_B33LZ_l, 27 November 2013 - 01:39 PM.

I get suck with morons when I play survival, everytime I call the merryweather backup helicopter they shoot it down for no reason like wtf.. I tell them red is the enemy and black is our backup help, they still don't comprehend. Then when they shoot it down on the mic they be like "why didn't I get a kill I just shot the helicopter" of course idiot you shot down one of ours moron.

Survival is broken, sometimes when I start survival it says go to the shootout then a blurred screen pops up with the other peoples info (at this point I can't move or do anything thing, but look at a blurred screen). It won't let me play then I get kicked after 30 seconds and it says you left this job (badsport) bs. When in reality I didn't do sh*t weak ass r* programmers.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Nice guide, I've been soloing Boneyard, I'm high enough level to have my own minigun.  I think I will apply myself to some of these other Survivals.  I mainly have been using the SNS Pistol as my first three rounds weapon.  It's actually really good at stopping power.  After that I switch to my Advanced Rifle.  I'm thinking tho I should go SNS first three rounds then AP after that.  BTW the SNS is good for shooting the pilot out of the heli, just take a few seconds and aim well.  

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

BTW the SNS is good for shooting the pilot out of the heli, just take a few seconds and aim well.  

Really? Might try this out, will add it in if I think its a good method.

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Great guide Jack, helped me alot.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Care to mention which parts specifically helped you out, as in which section? This is largely a work in progress I still have loads to add I just want to know whats worth working on, what people are stuck on etc etc.

Goes for the rest of you, more feedback would be great, including criticism, and people adding their own tactics, spots, pictures or videos would make the quality of the guide much better than just one guy working on it.

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Care to mention which parts specifically helped you out, as in which section? This is largely a work in progress I still have loads to add I just want to know whats worth working on, what people are stuck on etc etc.

Goes for the rest of you, more feedback would be great, including criticism, and people adding their own tactics, spots, pictures or videos would make the quality of the guide much better than just one guy working on it.

Well for first I've not been playing much Survior missions (only level 22), the one I've done I've just been running around, taking cover here and there and hope the best (usually being killed early on). So this guide was an excellent find for me.
For instance I had no idea about the container camping spot in Boneyard, so that was a great help, and using the sticky's for cover when playing solo.
Also using weak weapons for the early stages (I've been using the new SNS pistol and it's absolutely a brilliant redneck stopper considering its size). 
Simple things like leaving the last man alive while collecting everything you can lying around the map was a great help for me. I hadn't even given it a thought before :)

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:39 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 30 November 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Well for first I've not been playing much Survior missions (only level 22), the one I've done I've just been running around, taking cover here and there and hope the best (usually being killed early on). So this guide was an excellent find for me.
For instance I had no idea about the container camping spot in Boneyard, so that was a great help, and using the sticky's for cover when playing solo.
Also using weak weapons for the early stages (I've been using the new SNS pistol and it's absolutely a brilliant redneck stopper considering its size). 
Simple things like leaving the last man alive while collecting everything you can lying around the map was a great help for me. I hadn't even given it a thought before :)

Cool thanks for the feedback, I put a lot of effort in the equipment section simply because this is the first hurdle for many players starting survival. Once you get your head around how to manage your ammo and weapons, you are also set for many other missions and jobs in GTAO, which is why I think its worth playing.

EDIT: Added video for Processed showing spot for solo, you can also use this spot in Co Op.

• DisposableUnit likes this

qnoobsoy
  • qnoobsoy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

Very nice guide and deserves a sticky.
Never thought of it that way but survival of course is a very good way to replenish ammo when you are low level. Whish I knew back then.
And it's indeed a very good way to earn rp any level.

My major problem when playing survival is that I die almost instantly if I get shot. I'm level 60ish. Add on top of that the character doesn't take cover properly many times when pressing RB. Any tips for this?

Thx for the guide mate. Excellent work.

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

EDIT: Added video for Processed showing spot for solo, you can also use this spot in Co Op.

Cool. By the looks of it Processed looks easier than Boneyard. I'll give it a go next when I'm online. Thanks for the video.

l_B33LZ_l
  • l_B33LZ_l

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Processed is the easiest, the #17 containers are the golden spots

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:56 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 02 December 2013 - 10:00 AM.

My major problem when playing survival is that I die almost instantly if I get shot. I'm level 60ish. Add on top of that the character doesn't take cover properly many times when pressing RB. Any tips for this?

Thx for the guide mate. Excellent work.

Best advice I can give you is make sure you are in a decent position near the end of the round so that you can collect the body armor and health pickups and get into position before they start spawning. A lot of deaths come from being unprepared at the start of the round.

Try and be more perceptive, you can pretty much play this mode by just looking at the minimap. You can map their movements and positions to spots on the actual map, you should be able to tell where the bulk of the enemies are and how to avoid them. Stay out of open areas, figure out what areas your team mates are covering and get a general sense of the safety zones. Don't let them surround you from all sides, and don't be afraid to retreat and move to a radically different part of the map, this bunches them up.

When shooting at a group of guards try not to get tunnel vision. By this I mean if you focus on trying to get one guard behind cover for too long, or focus on one particular group of guards for too long, you may not notice new guards spawning around you. If you are camping learn which guards are going to be the most dangerous, check out my video on Processed for an idea on how I pick which targets to shoot. Sometimes there will be many different targets to shoot, you want to go for the ones who are coming in close to you, or those who are actually shooting at you. Likewise you want to avoid shooting at those hiding behind decent cover, by the time you have taken out the guards running for cover, the harder targets will be moving towards you.

This is just general combat tips that mostly work on non chopper rounds. 

• qnoobsoy likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Nice guide OP. Here's a few of my tips, feel free to reword them or whatever. :)

- Tear gas is your friend if you're camped in a dumpster and being surrounded, most of the NPCs will follow the same path to get to you, throw a few cannisters where they'e congregating and pick off the lone targets while the crowds are preoccupied by the tear gas.

- When you're in cover, make sure none of your body is showing, you can shuffle a little further into cover so that your entire body is shielded, this is especially useful hiding in the dumpsters with the sloped garbage, make sure the top of your head isn't peeping out.

- If you're surrounded by enemies at close range, switch to the assault shotgun, this kills most enemies in one shot and can also take out multiple targets stood close together.

• DisposableUnit likes this

qnoobsoy
  • qnoobsoy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

Jack thx a lot for the tips. You have a valid point about prioritizing targets.. I'll pay more attention to it.

And yes for cqc the shotgun works nicely.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:47 AM Edited by marco-polo, 03 December 2013 - 06:54 AM.

My hideouts:

Processed (1-2) - In the double span shed in that picture, there's a skip bin with enough space to crouch down see everything outside

- Advantage - Full cover from helicopter, enemy comes to you.

- Disadvantage - You'll have guys jump over the walls, so keep an eye on the dots trying to flank you while you're focused on the outside.

- Hint - Tear gas the sides and focus on the opening.

Railway (2) Run to the bottom (past two gates) and hide behind the blue container.

- Advantage - Direct sight on spawning up top

- Disadvantage - No cover from helicopter, run in between the containers to counter this

- Hint- Lay a sticky on the railway track behind you, when a car comes you'll clean it up without getting hit.

Using a sniper to clear some of the guys out (spawn killing too) will help your team manage the numbers, but don't stay out aiming for too long.

Sandy Shore (2-3). There's a building with a bin near it, i use this as my back up but stand next to the wall just down from it, this way i get the guys walking up on the road and someone else covers the middle (there's a good spot behind the armor with a door opening to hide near) and another covers the entry way of hicks and vehicles.

- Advantage - You see the guys running up the road and can reduce the numbers going up the middle, but also counter the guys running along the fence near your team mates.

- Disadvantage - No cover from helo, and you may take a bullet from the guys near the vehicles if you don't pay attention. Be careful of vehicles entering up from the hospital

- Hint - Sticky bomb the cars left over.

Boneyard (2) Hide behind the office, everyone should know that one.

- Advantage - Cover from damn near anything

- Disadvantage - The occasional bullet will get you from the helicopter, and some guys will get close to you if you're not focused.

- Hint - Just stay behind the office, this one is pretty simple.

Sawmill (3-4) Run up the road near the armor, turn left and run towards the shelter, take another left to go down to a dead end. Hide against the rail/sheet of steel i think, and the hopper.

- Advantage - You have a 45 degree angle of view, but most usually come from the left or run along the rails, good protection from chopper if you move along the cover.

- Disadvantage - You will occasional have a bottleneck incident, so stay aimed with a 60 bullet clip and keep firing, kill the guys elsewhere later.

Hint - To me this is the best spot for getting people to come to your location from all angles, while someone else kills them from behind. You'll occasionally get some who don't come around from the back, shoot around the corner and watch them climb the stairs. Be careful cause they'll shoot if they see you.

- I usually stick to my Carbine, but the autoshotty (bigger magazine) is useful in the Sawmill as well as when they get close in the Industrial map.

- Use your AP pistol on chopper pilots/crew - Alternatively, let someone focus on the helicopter with heavier bullets and you kill the others.

- Use sticky bombs on the tracks they follow before the phase and lay tear-gas down early since it takes time to spread.

- Be quick with your shots, don't aim for head shots and end up taking a heap of hits.

- I didn't know this before i started, but hold down select and go to inventory...use your egochaser and Ps & Qs (or w/e) to prop up your health.

- Armor is somewhat useful, don't rely on it... Just keep the inventory open, remember you can't change guns though.

I'm a team player, so those who do singles may need to find better cover than the ones i've listed.

Gah, silly font colour.

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Jack are you and your crew on ps3

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:37 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 05 December 2013 - 05:55 AM.

Jack are you and your crew on ps3

Yup.

EDIT: Added a video showing a support role for Boneyard (with some nice chopper takeouts) and a video for Processed showing Marco's Co Op strategy in the southern shed.

• Malibu454 likes this

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

I joined. It says the leader is Ashvante or somethin? Right one?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 05 December 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Oh right, I left it. I guess he is the leader now, its just some random crew member. Sorry about that I couldn't get enough momentum, and I don't think its really necessary anyway because its quite easy to find people in survival now, most people know the spots etc and you can pretty much hold your own if they go down anyway.

What im looking for now is a group of people to play DMs with, I find this is the hardest mode to get rolling. Sometimes I will find a map I love but I will never play it again for weeks.

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

I like deathmatch too

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Homie

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Great guide I usually play Boneyard but will try Processed later solo.

I always play survival as soon as im online, I only have the pistol, smg and assault rifle, so free weapons and ammo for deathwatch and missions.

qnoobsoy
  • qnoobsoy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

Processed is quite easy indeed. I did it solo. It's quicker than boneyard. You just have to spam the assault shotty when enemies get close to the dumper and shoot without aiming so you stay under cover.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:22 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 07 December 2013 - 03:53 AM.

Processed is quite easy indeed. I did it solo. It's quicker than boneyard. You just have to spam the assault shotty when enemies get close to the dumper and shoot without aiming so you stay under cover.

Yup I think I show something like that in the video. I also hear Sandy Shore is quite easy, might finally get around to adding that today.

EDIT: Uploaded a basic video showing how to play a support role on Railyard to help beat it very easily.

BlackMetalDevil
  • BlackMetalDevil

Killing Time...

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

BONEYARD: Starts at 00:00.
DEL PERRO PIER SURVIVAL: Starts at 1:22.
INDUSTRIAL PLANT: Starts at 2:50.
PROCESSED: Starts at 4:20.
RAILYARD SURVIVAL: Starts at 6:07.   
SANDY SURVIVAL: Starts at 8:00.
SAWMILL PLANT: Starts at 10:29.

- The spots shown are what I've found works the easiest/fastest/safest, I start from the original spawn spot to show you how to get there quickly.

- By forcing the enemies into a bottleneck it becomes like a carnival duck shoot, when the round is over you can collect all the ammo in an easy to reach pile.

- Health & armour are nearby all these spots so you can run and grab them and get back before the next wave hits.

- Set a sticky bomb trap as a last line of defense if needed, if the waves of enemies gets too intense/close, detonate.

- Survival is a great way to stock up on all ammo types, easy money, and easy RP (you get a good amount of RP from killing all the enemies, plus the RP at the end for finishing).

- Survival is also useful if you are a lower level and want some better guns but havn't unlocked them yet. Do a quick solo survival when you first jump online and you'll be set with guns, ammo, cash, and RP.

- Hold select (PS3) to bring up your inventory to eat snacks when in cover or aiming, I use it often especially when I take out the helicopters, I just stand out there and hammer the chopper with bullets and if I'm getting shot I press X to eat while still shooting.

- Don't blow up the cars! If you do, the burnt car will remain and can block your view for easy kills. Wait until they get out then shoot them, when the wave ends and you do your quick lap for ammo/health/armour the remaining cars will usually disappear like the dead bodies.

- Choice of weapons to use is up to you, I use the assault shotgun for a few of these maps so my other ammo fills up for missions and deathmatches, avoid using whatever gun you use the most elsewhere so you finish with max ammo for it.

- These spots still work with 2-4 other people in the game, the funnel effect won't be as good so you won't get as many kills but towards the later waves if the others die you'll be able to hold off the attack from your safe spot to bring home the win.

- To start a solo survival either stand in the mission circle and choose host, or press start and go to Jobs/Rockstar-Created/Survival/Map/Host (this is the quickest way because you don't need to be near the mission start point).

- The quickest maps using these spots are Processed and Sandy Shores, the slowest is Industrial Plant.

• hafftrak, Jack Reacher, jackrobot and 6 others like this

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by BenMillard, 11 December 2013 - 09:41 AM.

BlackMetalDevil that's an epic guide, nicely edited down to cover all the maps in reasonable time.

Terminator 2 music at the start? Did you like the Sarah Conner Chronicles? (Off-topic, I know...)

Topic starter, you've created a great hub to host discussion about this thrilling game mode and shown some neat techniques already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users