Is a DMA Design GTA:III Worth much?

14 replies to this topic
the_warbsta
  • the_warbsta

Cash Cards. Get Angry.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I know this is the wrong place to ask this, but there is hardly anyone in the GTA:3 section anymore. But here is my question, When I was young, I purchased GTA:3 when it was still new, I played it for years and years but I read on GTA wiki or something, that it was rare to have the same copy that I did, so is this worth anything or is worth keeping?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

I know this is the wrong place to ask this, but there is hardly anyone in the GTA:3 section anymore.

There are still people there, thats where the topics go, don't go against the rules bro.

And probably not because there are loads of people with them - Though, I may be wrong, search online.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Is it the one with the white cover and the dark blue case? Think that's the one I got.

the_warbsta
  • the_warbsta

Cash Cards. Get Angry.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Is it the one with the white cover and the dark blue case? Think that's the one I got.

It has a guy about to get sniped on the cover, the guy is about to get shot is robbing a car

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:35 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 23 November 2013 - 09:36 PM.

Has the same case as a R* North Copy - The changes are in the opening titles and the DMA Design badge will be on the cover

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Mine has the DMA design AND the rockstar North badge, DMA bottom centre and rockstar off to the right.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Not Possible. Rockstar North is the a blue badge - The Yellow Badge is the Rockstar Games one. See here for more info:

http://en.wikipedia..../Rockstar_Games

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Not Possible. Rockstar North is the a blue badge - The Yellow Badge is the Rockstar Games one. See here for more info:

My apologies, you are correct. it's a yellow R* badge. I took a photo but don't know how to post it via iPhone.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'm going to go with No?

R* North = DMA

I don't think there'd be any difference in value because of the different logo, If there is however, It probably isn't significant.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

I'm going to go with No?

R* North = DMA

I don't think there'd be any difference in value because of the different logo, If there is however, It probably isn't significant.

Just the opening titles and front cover badging.

My apologies, you are correct. it's a yellow R* badge. I took a photo but don't know how to post it via iPhone.

No Problem :^:

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Saved the photo as my profile pic! But just realised mine won't be worth anything anyway, the booklet is missing dammit! Lol

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Saved the photo as my profile pic! But just realised mine won't be worth anything anyway, the booklet is missing dammit! Lol

Oh yes - You have the same boxart/copy as mine :)

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Oh cool! I remember the game hadn't been out long when I got it, maybe a week or 2. Played it round a friends house, went out and bought a ps2 and gta3 the next day! :D

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Oh cool! I remember the game hadn't been out long when I got it, maybe a week or 2. Played it round a friends house, went out and bought a ps2 and gta3 the next day! :D

I love GTA III, brings back so many memories...

I read on GTA wiki or something, that it was rare to have the same copy that I did

Well, I guess it's quite rare but not rare enough to be worth something, I know loads of people with the copy itself.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

I have a PAL version with the cool alternate white cover art (similar to 70s action movie posters, with alot going on at once) and the blue DMA Design logo on the front and back, as well as before the opening sequence. Because of my OCD, I printed off the NSTC "boxes" artwork and placed it over so it would fit with my other GTAs more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users