Did anybody get the Xbox One?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic
Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

The government can remotely activate your camera phone to secretly record you, think what they'll be able to do with kinnect. The mind boggles.

Vysse
  • Vysse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

I got the Xbox one and its f*cking sweet. 64 player BF4 with zero lag is sexy as sh*t. It feels like your playing campaign almost. Also the Kinect is amazing. I can use it to lean in the game to take shots around corners then hide. Oh and I can literally stop playing watch Netflix come back hours later and be right where I left off (except in multiplayer of course). Best money I've spent in awhile.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

I got the Xbox one and its f*cking sweet. 64 player BF4 with zero lag is sexy as sh*t. It feels like your playing campaign almost. Also the Kinect is amazing. I can use it to lean in the game to take shots around corners then hide. Oh and I can literally stop playing watch Netflix come back hours later and be right where I left off (except in multiplayer of course). Best money I've spent in awhile.

Give it a couple months and someone at the NSA will be using that kinnect to watch you jack off.

Vysse
  • Vysse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Give it a couple months and someone at the NSA will be using that kinnect to watch you jack off.

The amount of ignorance with people who know nothing about how hacking works is amazing. Also I'd rather the government watch me jerk it then have hackers get my credit card info.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:49 PM Edited by Varios Los Aztecas, 25 November 2013 - 06:51 PM.

The amount of ignorance with people who know nothing about how hacking works is amazing. Also I'd rather the government watch me jerk it then have hackers get my credit card info.

Are you serious? I think it's you who has no idea how advanced hacking technology is these days, and how much it's advanced just over the last few years.

EDIT: Bill Maher the other night.....

Just listen to the first few mins.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by Lunytunes, 25 November 2013 - 06:56 PM.

To me, a handicap is anything that a developer adds to a game to balance the playing field between vets and newcomers. All of those additions do that.

Lol, if you're gonna start inventing your own definitions for words, knock yourself out.

Again, it's not a handicap if everyone gets it. Auto-aim isnt a handicap, it sucks, but it's not a handicap, because anyone can use it. If you could only use auto-aim up to a certain level for example, then that would be a handicap. If the cover system was part of some kind of paid DLC that not everyone had, that would also be a handicap. As of now, they're not handicaps.

And oh yeah, learn2quote.

Handicap: 1. Sports & Games
a. A race or contest in which contestants are given advantages or compensations to equalize the chances of winning.
b. Such an advantage or penalty.

They are handicaps. Devs decided that the casual gamer lacks any patience to play to be good so they decided to create a system in which everybody can win without much effort. Just because every player has it doesnt mean that they don't make the game easier for everyone. No longer is being good required, you can just pop in BF4 and point out enemies with a button instead of calling them out on a mic, handicap for gamers. No longer do you have to be careful not to get shot at because guess what? Health regen is there for you to heal on your own by hidding, another handicap for the impatient gamer.

Anything that doesn't involve a player and functions to their benefit is a handicap because they don't have to do something that the game does for them.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by rnb010, 25 November 2013 - 06:53 PM.

The government can remotely activate your camera phone to secretly record you, think what they'll be able to do with kinnect. The mind boggles.

what they need kinnect for when you already can hack smart tv with relative ease

thats why i didnt go for the one with a webcam in it...the things that happen on my couch!! lol

Vysse
  • Vysse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Are you serious? I think it's you who has no idea how advanced hacking technology is these days, and how much it's advanced just over the last few years.

EDIT: Bill Maher the other night.....

Just listen to the first few mins.

It is easy to capture info if it exists and is being sent. The Kinect doesn't record or send data if it did it'd be easily noticeable by watching your packets and how much internet is being used. I could show you how much data is sent when using Skype vs doing nothing and you'd notice a difference.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

All you have to do is cover the lens. Most webcams ate accessible via internet because people don't know that they can be accessed so they don't secure them properly. All you have to do is find the path and there you go, you are now tuned to a stranger's home.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

a. A race or contest in which contestants are given advantages or compensations to equalize the chances of winning.

They are handicaps. Devs decided that the casual gamer lacks any patience to play to be good so they decided to create a system in which everybody can win without much effort. Just because every player has it doesnt mean that they don't make the game easier for everyone. No longer is being good required, you can just pop in BF4 and point out enemies with a button instead of calling them out on a mic, handicap for gamers. No longer do you have to be careful not to get shot at because guess what? Health regen is there for you to heal on your own by hidding, another handicap for the impatient gamer.

Anything that doesn't involve a player and functions to their benefit is a handicap because they don't have to do something that the game does for them.

They're not handicaps because anyone can use them, therefore no unfair advantage is given. Done. Anyone with a brain knows the distinction. Using cover systems or Battlefield's spotting mechanic as examples of "handicaps" in gaming is just retarded, because ANYONE can use them.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

They're not handicaps because anyone can use them, therefore no unfair advantage is given. Done. Anyone with a brain knows the distinction. Using cover systems or Battlefield's spotting mechanic as examples of "handicaps" in gaming is just retarded, because ANYONE can use them.

And what if they were not there? The game would be about you and you would have to play it by knowledge and instinct. Devs created this to make it easier on players to play which makes it a handicap. Did you read the definition or did you just decide that you're right despite the fact? Talking about brains doesn't make you any smarter...

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

It is easy to capture info if it exists and is being sent. The Kinect doesn't record or send data if it did it'd be easily noticeable by watching your packets and how much internet is being used. I could show you how much data is sent when using Skype vs doing nothing and you'd notice a difference.

Kinnect does record and transmit data, Microsoft have even said so. They just said they wouldnt without your "permission". If you choose to believe them, thats your choice.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

And what if they were not there? The game would be about you and you would have to play it by knowledge and instinct. Devs created this to make it easier on players to play which makes it a handicap. Did you read the definition or did you just decide that you're right despite the fact? Talking about brains doesn't make you any smarter...

"Handicap - a disadvantage imposed on a superior competitor...in order to make the chances more equal."

So, if everyone has access to it, it's not a handicap. DONE.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

I was expecting to run out and buy one with Forza 5.

But my thing is, I'm still playing and will be playing GTAO for quite a while with my spare time, and since it appears that MS has focused mostly on features I don't want, I could end up getting a PS4 first. When I got the 360, it was fairly close to the PS3 in graphics, and had the titles I wanted, this time the gap is a bit too big.

In the end I'll get both no doubt, but I'm not excited or planning to grab one yet. Not a bad console but not exciting enough for me to run down and grab it.

As for the Kinect, just unplug it, I disconnected mine on the X360 because:

- everytime I used the word Xbox it'd start doing sh*t

- it was the default mic, so often it'd be broadcasting without the user even realising

- hand gestures are amusing for 5 minutes but using the controller is quicker

- motion games are great if you're 8 or drunk but for the most part you'll want a controller

- I don't need it to log me in automatically, it takes two seconds with a controller

- nobody needs to see my face

I haven't checked, but if it's required to be plugged in, I'll pass.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by Varios Los Aztecas, 25 November 2013 - 07:22 PM.

They did originally say it had to be plugged in all the time, but they've probably flip-flopped on that one, like they did with everything else....they've totally lost their vision since Bill Gates left, everything they touch goes to sh*t. I was a total 360/Live fanboy but since a few months ago when they started releasing proper info about the two consoles, I can't believe how badly they dropped the ball....Im no big Sony fan, but they've totally taken the initiative this time round, Microsoft have been playing catch-up. When it comes down to it, im not paying more for a weaker machine.

Vysse
  • Vysse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Kinnect does record and transmit data, Microsoft have even said so. They just said they wouldnt without your "permission". If you choose to believe them, thats your choice.

Please show proof?

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Please show proof?

Just go and read some stuff about the new consoles, it's all out there.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

"Handicap - a disadvantage imposed on a superior competitor...in order to make the chances more equal."

Changing definitions now? Yeah. Please be done.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

Changing definitions now? Yeah. Please be done.

Changing how?

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

If you think The Gubbment doesn't have more important things to do than spy on you sitting on your couch playing xbawks in skidmark-stained briefs, you've got a really high opinion of yourself.

This isn't GTA Online related, is it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users