Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Xbox / Microsoft sucks

redlights.gif
gf-smash-xbox-o.gif

Sony is the king, period.

Lock thread requested.

Sorry , but what about the huge amount of ps4s that don't work right out of the box? At least RROD gave you a little play time before it popped up. My buddy got his ps4 and had to fight Amazon for 2 days to get a replacement before their 8 month waiting list. So far, I haven't heard any problems with XB1. I'd say that puts M$ and Soony on even ground now. They both messed up one console at launch.

That being said, I'm a semi-casual gamer. I play for fun after work and during the "stay in season" I like a bit of competitive play. The console doesn't make a difference to me. I grew up on Sony and then went to M$ when Halo 3 came out. The only thing that has any serious effect on my next gen choice will be the games. I'm not a pc gamer, as my computer is a piece of garbage and I would end up spending a ridiculous amount to build one the RIGHT way that'll last.

The whole "spying on us" thing doesn't affect me because I know no ones gonna come kicking my door in because I said something about smoking a little ganja. I do wish the XB1 had a console without Kinect, but I understand the marketing technique in including it. I'll most likely only use it for head tracking on fords while using my Fanatec wheel setup.

I have nothing against the ps4 at all, just more interested in some of the M$ exclusives. I don't understand why everyone can't see it simply as that (although a few of you do, which is comforting)

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

whats killing the game industry? pure greed.

go back to the early days of gaming. forget about trying to control every possible dollar your game might earn for the rest of its life. of course that's why they are pushing digital gaming so hard. so the player never physically owns anything.

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Xbox / Microsoft sucks

redlights.gif

gf-smash-xbox-o.gif

Lock thread requested.

ban idiot requested.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Even though Xbox one went back on the always needing to be connected to the internet, and not being able to share games I feel as if no one can forgive them. If they actually fully listened to their fans and customers they would start selling the XBone without its sketchy ass kinect as well. But as the whole console war goes look at the facts PS4 outperforms it and is cheaper. Xbox had some great exclusives Halo, Gears of war, but they killed both those franchises in my opinion. Halo 4 was garbage and Gears judgement was just sad. Also Titanfall seems very overrated and most likely will let everyone down since a lot of Xbox people are hyping it up way to hard. Your just a fanboy if you stick with Xbox or little kid who doesn't know better who will end up getting it for free from Mommy and Daddy this holiday season. I started out gaming on a SNES, then went to a N64, Xbox, PS2 (original Xbox sh*t the bed), and then Xbox 360 (which also sh*t the bed before getting a new one, noticing a pattern here with Xboxs?) I had every Xbox console to date and even went with the original from the start when all my homies were going with gamecube. I liked Xbox, but the direction they are trying to head is not cool. Microsoft being signed on with the NSA and having a camera that can read my bone structure/muscles/facial expressions/maybe even photograph me smoking the sticky icky and send me a ticket in the future is not f*cking cool. Also even mediocre hackers have been hacking the new smart tvs. You think they won't be able to hack into Kinect and watch you? Sure some will think I'm just paranoid but why take the chance its a possibility. At least PS4 gives you the option to have a camera on your living room at all times, and can function without it. Oh and it outperforms the Xbox (again) but is cheaper this time around? It's mind boggling that people will pay 100$ more for the weaker console when in this day and age most of the great games are multiplatform. Sure it might not be weaker by much but if these consoles are going to be around for years to come as time passes that little edge the PS4 has in performance will only be more noticeable.

Xbone < Wii U (yeah thats right) < PS4.

I agree HALO 4 left me with somewhat disappointment..REMEMBER REACH!

MicroS is teaming up with NSA? hmm

marketing my friend

Reach was amazing. That trash of a game called Halo 4 absolutely ruined the franchise. Instead of kids fighting for the sniper on the map now they can just camp and call one in, its pretty pathetic. Also they have already "teamed up" with the NSA. While Sony nor Nintendo have not. Pretty sad Microsoft an American company will spy on its own fellow Americans when Japanese made consoles do not. (As far as I am aware)

first i wanted to get the Xbone just to finish the Halo series, after playing Halo 4 i started to doubt wether it was worth it. I didnt even know Mic was teaming up with the NSA but i guess that makes my decision final.

No Xbone for this guy.

Ummm how is kinnect not forced on you? Do you have a choice to purchase a Xbone without it? Oh. No you don't? I'd say the only way to not have kinnect forced on you is to not buy an Xbone lol. 

You simply don't plug it in you f*cking retard.
Please use your brain before you attempt a conversation with me in future.

I think he means youre forced to buy something you dont even want

I've nothing to hide.

lol you should check out Terms and Conditions May Apply...great docu about the privacy regulations these days

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Xbox / Microsoft sucks

redlights.gif
gf-smash-xbox-o.gif

Lock thread requested.

Sorry , but what about the huge amount of ps4s that don't work right out of the box? At least RROD gave you a little play time before it popped up. My buddy got his ps4 and had to fight Amazon for 2 days to get a replacement before their 8 month waiting list. So far, I haven't heard any problems with XB1. I'd say that puts M$ and Soony on even ground now. They both messed up one console at launch.

That being said, I'm a semi-casual gamer. I play for fun after work and during the "stay in season" I like a bit of competitive play. The console doesn't make a difference to me. I grew up on Sony and then went to M$ when Halo 3 came out. The only thing that has any serious effect on my next gen choice will be the games. I'm not a pc gamer, as my computer is a piece of garbage and I would end up spending a ridiculous amount to build one the RIGHT way that'll last.

The whole "spying on us" thing doesn't affect me because I know no ones gonna come kicking my door in because I said something about smoking a little ganja. I do wish the XB1 had a console without Kinect, but I understand the marketing technique in including it. I'll most likely only use it for head tracking on fords while using my Fanatec wheel setup.

I have nothing against the ps4 at all, just more interested in some of the M$ exclusives. I don't understand why everyone can't see it simply as that (although a few of you do, which is comforting)

Tl dr

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Xbox / Microsoft sucks

redlights.gif
gf-smash-xbox-o.gif

Lock thread requested.

Tl dr
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

Xbox / Microsoft sucks

redlights.gif
gf-smash-xbox-o.gif

Lock thread requested.

Tl dr
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice

lol just kidding bro, I read it, I have nothing against xbox but some fanboys are just annoying... 

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

They are. I don't understand why people have to hate on what they don't use. Some of my friends are hardcore Sony guys but we hardly argue over this issue. Each one has pros and cons. It's just personal preference over who wants what.

Sid Simelia
  • Sid Simelia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

I just have to say this whole idea that Microsoft is "teaming up with the NSA" is utterly ridiculous.  Do you really think the people the NSA want to spy on are allowing themselves to be recorded by a game console?

How many terror cells do you think will be taken down because they were caught Skyping on Xbox?

If someone really wants to spy on you, they will find a way.  The thing is, no one wants to spy on you.  No one has time for that, and you are boring.  If I haven't convinced you that you are not worth spying on, then turn the camera off. If you are super paranoid, unplug it.

There are a hundred reasons to choose one console over the other, I don't think this should be one of them.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

There's really no launch games on either console that I must have. I feel just fine waiting for the slim models and price drops before buying one. This next gen launch just isn't that impressive.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

Isn't a little too early to buy a Pee Ess Fur or an XBAWKS un?

it wont get cheaper for the next 2 years at least...

DaMoggen
  • DaMoggen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

I got the PS4, but i will probably buy an Xbox when it's available in my country.

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

They are. I don't understand why people have to hate on what they don't use. Some of my friends are hardcore Sony guys but we hardly argue over this issue. Each one has pros and cons. It's just personal preference over who wants what.

yeah that's true

I bought the ps4 and i'll be honest, I'm playing more gtao in my ps3 than any other ps4 game.

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Isn't a little too early to buy a Pee Ess Fur or an XBAWKS un?

it wont get cheaper for the next 2 years at least...

Or until all the people that get extra systems to sell on eBay start to lose their initial customer base and their inventory goes for lower bids because of supply and demand... I might take advantage of this (obviously only through a reputable store)

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Consoles have lost their way.

Because we are becoming grumpy old men clinging to the better hardware but always losing to the younger ones with Apples® in their eyes.

We are second class to a lot of titles... I have some hope that the new ones being x86 will be an even bigger boon for us.... they will asshole us those with less servers and more P2P lol

Its not just consoles, its just that PC has more options for indy games and such, free to play downloadable please customers or die games.

Gaming in general is dying, this whole DLC and pay to win garbage is taking a heavy toll... add on single use codes and youve gone too far... not only that, this EA call of duty style destroy the skill gap - make anyone able to jump in and be successful model is ruining the quality of games overall.. there is nothing challenging to a real gamer anymore because if it is challenging to them, the new person simply cant achieve it.. and then wont buy your second series because they are simply not skilled enough to enjoy it.

This means the maximum amount of people will buy it.. but a very significant amount of people are left feeling disenfranchised because there are just swaths of retards who will buy whatever is put out, who needs to make quality anymore, we can spend less effort and make more sales.
Maybe it's time to pass the torch... Multiplayer is no longer about skill... It's about who has the most unlocks. It's about using 20% of your brain and 80% if the handicap that the developers give you..

Round of applause for these handicaps

Health Regen
Aim Assist/Auto Aim
Locked Gear For Newcomers (snacks for seasoned gamers)
Cover System (shooting without exposing yourself)
All players on radar
Killstreak Rewards
Deathstreak Rewards (lmfao)
Perks
Player Spawn (BF's retarded system)

And that's all I can think of at the moment.

That's absolute bullsh*t. A good player can pride himself on being able to whoop the opposition with the basic kit. Some of the best weaps in BF are the basic unlocks.

You just sound like someone who isn't very good.
Nope, more like a person who loved crap games like SOCOM.

Fixed :)
Hahaha I love your elementary school humor. Must be why you're defending handicaps.

Not defending them, it's just that only a bitch would cry about them.

Anyway, half the things you listed aren't handicaps.

They actually are. But why argue with a guy who calls people bitches? Why argue with a handicapped bitch like you :)?

It's not a handicap if everyone can use it, Derpy McDerperson. I suggest you look up the dictionary definition of a handicap. If only certain players could use cover, auto-aim, whatever, then that would be a handicap.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

I just read a news story talking about how the disc drives for the XB1 are failing.  http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-25087517

Dementious
  • Dementious

As mad as a hatter and as crazy as sin.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by Dementious, 25 November 2013 - 04:56 PM.

I just read a news story talking about how the disc drives for the XB1 are failing.  http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-25087517

"The issue is affecting a very small number of Xbox One customers," said Microsoft in a statement.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by Varios Los Aztecas, 25 November 2013 - 05:00 PM.

Well if you live in the UK, and you got your Xbone for gaming AND watching TV, you're gonna be bummed out....

http://www.eurogamer...le-judder-in-uk

Dementious
  • Dementious

As mad as a hatter and as crazy as sin.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Well if you live in the UK, and you got your Xbone for gaming AND watching TV, you're gonna be bummed out....

Oh heeeelll no! 

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Oh heeeelll no! 

Actually pretty crazy, a major selling point of the whole system just doesn't work over in the UK

vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Mods please disable quoting. Look at all the posts on this page.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

PC for the win.

PC for the hole it leaves in my pocket for the win is more like it.

With a console at least you know you won't need to replace the hardware for 10 years. On the other spectrum, with PC you have a constant money suck attached to your wallet to stay up to date. No thanks.

I learned my lesson when I paid 4 grand for a PC back in 1996 that's now completely and utterly out of date, if it even still works, who knows, I got rid of it ages ago. However, when you ponder how much I spent on the PC vs how much I spent on game consoles since then it becomes quite apparent as to why consoles seem to stay popular.

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

i picked up an xb1. im pretty imprressed with the user interface. i cant believe hiw fast and easy everything is. going from TV, to games, to netflix, or anything. its seemless and is either at your finger tips or thru the connect.

as for gameplay, we could argue the pros and cons all day everyday so who cares. i love pc gaming but i feel console gaming has its niche. PS controllers have always felt weird to me, so ive never bought one after FF7, which i think was PS1.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

PC for the win.

With a console at least you know you won't need to replace the hardware for 10 years. On the other spectrum, with PC you have a constant money suck attached to your wallet to stay up to date. No thanks.

I learned my lesson when I paid 4 grand for a PC back in 1996 that's now completely and utterly out of date, if it even still works, who knows, I got rid of it ages ago. However, when you ponder how much I spent on the PC vs how much I spent on game consoles since then it becomes quite apparent as to why consoles seem to stay popular.

It's not just the price, it's all the f*cking about that goes with it. I couldn't go back to PC gaming. With a console you just turn it on and you're ready to go.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

PC for the win.

It's not just the price, it's all the f*cking about that goes with it. I couldn't go back to PC gaming. With a console you just turn it on and you're ready to go.

I turn on my PC and I'm ready to go.. I don't even have to turn it off actually... lol

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

[quote name="Varios Los Aztecas" post="1064159635" timestamp="1385397139"]

[quote name="Lunytunes" post="1064158873" timestamp="1385388699"]

[quote name="Varios Los Aztecas" post="1064158861" timestamp="1385388537"]
 [quote name="Lunytunes" post="1064158837" timestamp="1385388251"]
 [quote name="Varios Los Aztecas" post="1064158713" timestamp="1385386757"]
 [quote name="Lunytunes" post="1064158704" timestamp="1385386641"]
 [quote name="Varios Los Aztecas" post="1064158586" timestamp="1385385342"]
 [quote name="Lunytunes" post="1064147767" timestamp="1385238854"]
 [quote name="biggsull" post="1064147668" timestamp="1385237904"]
 [quote name="Jyra" post="1064147656" timestamp="1385237698"]
 [quote name="biggsull" post="1064147615" timestamp="1385237429"]
Consoles have lost their way.[/quote]Because we are becoming grumpy old men clinging to the better hardware but always losing to the younger ones with Apples® in their eyes.

We are second class to a lot of titles... I have some hope that the new ones being x86 will be an even bigger boon for us.... they will asshole us those with less servers and more P2P lol
 [/quote] 
Its not just consoles, its just that PC has more options for indy games and such, free to play downloadable please customers or die games.

Gaming in general is dying, this whole DLC and pay to win garbage is taking a heavy toll... add on single use codes and youve gone too far... not only that, this EA call of duty style destroy the skill gap - make anyone able to jump in and be successful model is ruining the quality of games overall.. there is nothing challenging to a real gamer anymore because if it is challenging to them, the new person simply cant achieve it.. and then wont buy your second series because they are simply not skilled enough to enjoy it.

This means the maximum amount of people will buy it.. but a very significant amount of people are left feeling disenfranchised because there are just swaths of retards who will buy whatever is put out, who needs to make quality anymore, we can spend less effort and make more sales.[/quote]Maybe it's time to pass the torch... Multiplayer is no longer about skill... It's about who has the most unlocks. It's about using 20% of your brain and 80% if the handicap that the developers give you..

Round of applause for these handicaps

Health Regen
Aim Assist/Auto Aim
Locked Gear For Newcomers (snacks for seasoned gamers)
Cover System (shooting without exposing yourself)
All players on radar
Killstreak Rewards
Deathstreak Rewards (lmfao)
Perks
Player Spawn (BF's retarded system)

And that's all I can think of at the moment.
 [/quote] 
That's absolute bullsh*t. A good player can pride himself on being able to whoop the opposition with the basic kit. Some of the best weaps in BF are the basic unlocks.

You just sound like someone who isn't very good.[/quote]Nope, more like a person who loved crap games like SOCOM.
 [/quote] 
Fixed :)[/quote]Hahaha I love your elementary school humor. Must be why you're defending handicaps.
 [/quote] 
Not defending them, it's just that only a bitch would cry about them.

Anyway, half the things you listed aren't handicaps.[/quote]
They actually are. But why argue with a guy who calls people bitches? Why argue with a handicapped bitch like you :)?
 [/quote]

It's not a handicap if everyone can use it, Derpy McDerperson. I suggest you look up the dictionary definition of a handicap. If only certain players could use cover, auto-aim, whatever, then that would be a handicap.[/quote]

Lol it is a handicap... Seeing a player a player before he can see you from behind cover is a handicap, you need to hide behind an object in order to get an advatage and the cover system would'nt be a problem if you couldn't see behind the cover. So now, you have a player who can shoot you relatively easy without much effort, the game essentially plays itself especially when you add auto aim into the mix. Health regen allows people to run around without being careful, no penalty for being careless and you add a respawn system and you have CoD, where the person you just killed knows where you are (which is great on games that spawn you near enemies).

To me, a handicap is anything that a developer adds to a game to balance the playing field between vets and newcomers. All of those additions do that.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by Varios Los Aztecas, 25 November 2013 - 06:26 PM.

To me, a handicap is anything that a developer adds to a game to balance the playing field between vets and newcomers. All of those additions do that.

Lol, if you're gonna start inventing your own definitions for words, knock yourself out.

Again, it's not a handicap if everyone gets it. Auto-aim isnt a handicap, it sucks, but it's not a handicap, because anyone can use it. If you could only use auto-aim up to a certain level for example, then that would be a handicap. If the cover system was part of some kind of paid DLC that not everyone had, that would also be a handicap. As of now, they're not handicaps.

And oh yeah, learn2quote.

IROCZFOX
  • IROCZFOX

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

PS fanboys are hilarious, with all their nsa, hardware hype. I'd choose X1 for no other reason than to avoid those people.

LosKnightsTemplar
  • LosKnightsTemplar

Grand Master

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

PS fanboys are hilarious, with all their nsa, hardware hype. I'd choose X1 for no other reason than to avoid those people.

Guess you didn't read about the NSA/Microsoft encrypted data sharing did you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users