Quantcast

» «
Photo

I miss the 1990's and 1980's era in GTA...

29 replies to this topic
Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

I just hate how you have these new ugly cars, smartphones, new fashion, new music and modern atmosphere in GTA V and IV. Same as in real life :D GTA V could've had so much better atmosphere if it would've been based on 1980s or 1990s. 

• RoadRunner71, Mr. Sleepy and himynameisdamien like this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

I really would love to see the next GTA game take place in a past era. My first preference would be in the 70's however, in either San Fierro or a Midwest location.
Otherwise I would like to see an 80's midwest game. We saw the glitz and galmour of the 80's in VC, now I would love to see the real dark side of the 80's in a colder, darker place.
  • Mr. Sleepy likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

80's midwest game

1980's North Yankton? Bring it on!

• The Odyssey and WildBrick142 like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

It's a bit sad how R* limited itself with heavy technology addiction to newer times. I would like to see the GTA set in the past again ('70 or '80) but with their heavy dependence on phones, internet it may be just hard to pull off. 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

I just hate how you have these new ugly cars, smartphones, new fashion, new music and modern atmosphere in GTA V and IV. Same as in real life :D GTA V could've had so much better atmosphere if it would've been based on 1980s or 1990s. 

Get out of my mind!  :p

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

80's midwest game

1980's North Yankton? Bring it on!

I'd rather have 1980s Chicago personally.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

It's a bit sad how R* limited itself with heavy technology addiction to newer times. I would like to see the GTA set in the past again ('70 or '80) but with their heavy dependence on phones, internet it may be just hard to pull off.

Rockstar really dug themselves a hole there with the cell phones and internet.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 23 November 2013 - 08:15 PM.

there is no point of having another game in the 80/90s they have 2 for each already  the only other Decade they could do is the 70s maybe the 60s at a push anything before that would not work due to it Feeling to much like a mafia game. i think they Should Keep Gta Set in modern times  but i see no reason why R* could not create a  70s action adventure  Crime game maybe set in London. the 70s need a good sandbox crime game the only other one is Driver P Lines which was nothing Special  and so does London all we have is the getaway series which were both Bland.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

there is no point of having another game in the 80/90s they have 2 for each already  the only other Decade they could do is the 70s maybe the 60s at a push anything before that would not work due to it Feeling to much like a mafia game. i think they Should Keep Gta Set in modern times  but i see no reason why R* could not create a  70s action adventure  Crime game maybe set in London. the 70s need a good sandbox crime game the only other one is Driver P Lines which was nothing Special  and so does London all we have is the getaway series which were both Bland.

Yes, there is a point in having a 80/90s game, so what if they have two already? So we have like ... 4-5 Grand Theft Autos set in modern time. EFLC + IV + V + III.

Also, Grand Theft Auto will never leave U.S. as stated by Dan Houser,

Personally, I hope to see a new city, not VC, not LS, not LC.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

I want to see next GTA in Vice City in the present time.

GTA VI will be the best GTA ever maked. It will have a ocean and a lot of beaches, hotels, apartmans, houses, TVs, phones, cars, bikes, motorbikes...

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

I don't really mind the modern/present times. I actually like it more than the 80s/90s or whatever, but that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the 80s vibe in VC/VCS and the 90s in SA/LCS, but I just prefer the modern era games.

I think there will be another GTA set in the past one day, maybe the next game in the series, who knows...

Eddie
  • Eddie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

It would be cool to continue III era with a game set in 1970's LC...but sadly 3D era was replaced by this sh*tty HD era....

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yes, there is a point in having a 80/90s game, so what if they have two already? So we have like ... 4-5 Grand Theft Autos set in modern time. EFLC + IV + V + III.

Also, Grand Theft Auto will never leave U.S. as stated by Dan Houser,

Personally, I hope to see a new city, not VC, not LS, not LC.

Hence why i said a game that is NOT Grand Theft Auto and why do the exact samething? if they did do a Past Decade they may aswell do something they have yet to tackle. (60s or 70s)

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

I think a new GTA London based on 1970s would be cool and different. Or then 1980's era Vice City, with some sort of "South Africa" where you could smuggle cocaine with careful planning. 

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 24 November 2013 - 12:42 AM.

I think that 90's Los Santos and 90's Liberty City were much more wild and fun to be in than modern day 2000's era LS/LC. Both were wild, dangerous, and unpredictable places. Stranger danger was REAL back then. I remember 90's Los Santos how I was not even able to pass through certain neighborhoods without being shot at, I remember waking up everyday and going outside knowing that someone was going to die or get shot that day and wondering whether it would be me, chilling on the borders of rival hoods trying to catch a Balla slipping, I remember the adrenaline rush of doing retaliation drive-by's on Ballas after losing a friend or loved one, having Family Reunions in the streets, and hanging out on the streets day and night with other Family homies. It's like the energy of 90's Los Santos was supercharged, then you had the LS Riots. Every single day felt like it was going to be different from the last. And I felt more trigger happy back then, ready to kill or be killed at any moment.

90's Liberty City was also similar, very wild, dangerous, and high octane. I remember being chased on and off the train, how I couldn't even get off the train at certain stations because of how dangerous it was, how Puerto Ricans used to walk around the projects with bats bashing people's skulls in, I remember how back in the day LCPD cops weren't swarming all over the place and the streets were "wide open", you couldn't trust strangers in the street, and people killed each other over the littlest things. In 90's LS and 90's LC I felt like I had more energy to commit crimes/murder and my bloodlust for killing Ballas and rivals was higher because of the social environment around me. I actually feel like I've killed less in 2000's LC and LS, and my thirst for daily crime seems like it went down and I get bored just hanging around on the corner for hours with homies. In the 90's I'd be outside all day and night with my green bandana and green baseball hat literally doing nothing, standing around for hours and hours with other members. Maybe because I'm older now, but both cities feel like they are extra toned down now. And it even effects my own level of violence.

• ObsydianRaven likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

I think the 1970s should be covered some time, but I don't see anything wrong with a modern themed game. When I play GTA IV I get a bit nostalgic in some ways. 5 years have passed and whenever I whip out Niko's phone it reminds of the phones I used to have 5-10 years ago and a lot of the themes such as the paranoia surrounding terrorism as big of an issue like they used to be.

GTA V will probably feel similar 5 years from now aswell. The problem with going back in time is we'd lose the modern technology we most likely take for granted. I'd miss going on the internet and reading all of the crazy articles, I'd miss having a modern phone as we'd most likely be stuck with a brick (what I really mean is a phone like we had in VC), pager, pay phone etc.

I'm not sure if R* will ever dig into the past again. Maybe the most we might see is a flashback sequence like North Yankton in GTA V.

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

We can always hope... a period GTA would be even greater with all the attention to detail we get nowadays. More exciting than present day to me, at least.

• ObsydianRaven likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

The time period doesn't really make much difference in GTA games to me. The music you'd hear on the radio would be the only major difference I'd pick up on. Of course, that would be the sole reason I'd want another 80's GTA, so I could hear the awesome 80's music. I'd much rather see a modern Vice City in HD though. It's something I've wanted to see for a long time.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

The time period doesn't really make much difference in GTA games to me. The music you'd hear on the radio would be the only major difference I'd pick up on. Of course, that would be the sole reason I'd want another 80's GTA, so I could hear the awesome 80's music. I'd much rather see a modern Vice City in HD though. It's something I've wanted to see for a long time.

GTA IV and GTA V have stations that play music from the 90s, 80s, 70s etc.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

I don't I hope they stick to modern day GTA's 

at least until we get a HD Vice City 

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

I don't, music was always horrible in this series aside from V since it had an actual background score instead of just sh*tty radio stations.

_GTAFREAK_
  • _GTAFREAK_

Hustler

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

I really want to see the GTA series to go back in time again, too. The 80's and 90's simply have lots of potential.

However, I'm curious about the possibility of seeing a city like Vice City in modern days time, how it would possibly look like and how it would work (or not...) as a setting for a GTA game.

But... how about a 70's Las Venturas, huh? Wouldn't it be cool? Who's with me? :alien:

Palm Tree
  • Palm Tree

GTA

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

I hope that the next GTA is based in the late 60s and early 70s. I think that that'd keep the franchise alive and interesting. Maybe 60s or 70s biker gangs could be the main story.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 02 December 2013 - 02:43 AM.

Go back to LA Noire times. OR even earlier.. but let us be gangstas.... i mean real gangstas... 

edc482ce6c5355fb299f5aefe3bf8f5b_XL.jpgtommy-gun-500-10.jpg?w=500

stallone-tommygun.gif

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

Go back to LA Noire times. OR even earlier.. but let us be gangstas.... i mean real gangstas... 

edc482ce6c5355fb299f5aefe3bf8f5b_XL.jpgtommy-gun-500-10.jpg?w=500
stallone-tommygun.gif

I doubt Rockstar would ever go back to that era for GTA. American culture as we know it now never took off until the late 60's/early 70's, and a cultural satire from the forties or earlier just could not feel relevant at all. I say set a GTA game no earlier than 1968

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:09 AM Edited by Linc., 02 December 2013 - 11:10 AM.

GTA VI will be the best GTA ever maked. It will have a ocean and a lot of beaches, hotels, apartmans, houses, TVs, phones, cars, bikes, motorbikes...

All of which are things that GTA already has. :rol:
That's why they're kinda pushing the limit. There's not really much in real life that they haven't already done. I believe GTA 6 will be more an improvement of GTA 5, refining the new features that need some tampering, rather than adding actual new features that haven't been seen before.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

apartmans

Apartmans?

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

They really need to go back to the 90s and 80s or something in the 70s Instead of using the internet and we could use the newspaper to buy cars on the classifieds or look at stock prices use the  payphones and those early cell phones to make calls and conduct "Business".

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

They really need to go back to the 90s and 80s or something in the 70s Instead of using the internet and we could use the newspaper to buy cars on the classifieds or look at stock prices use the  payphones and those early cell phones to make calls and conduct "Business".

Yeah, magazines and newspapers would work fine as an internet substitute. Want to actually invest in stocks? Go to your local bank and make the investment. Want to buy a car? Go to the dealership. Want to find a new girlfriend? Go to the classifieds and find female seeking male.
Would require a lot more leg work, but I think it's just lazy being able to do all this stuff where ever you are in later GTA games.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

There's only so much you can do in the 80's and 90's. After a few games it is just beating a dead horse...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users