Photo

Telltale might be working on a GoT game

51 replies to this topic
Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by Majestic81, 4 days ago.

http://www.ign.com/a...of-thrones-game

I loved TWD and the new game they released called The Wolf Among Us, i love Game of Thrones too, but not sure if mixing those together is a good decision. i'm intrigued though. this might not be true however, since its IGN..

Trailer:

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

I haven't played the first episode of The Wolf Among Us yet, I'm waiting for the full series to be released, but Walking Dead was awesome. I'm sure Game of Thrones would be just as good IF they are working on it.

They said they are also interested in doing Star Wars, but unfortunately EA holds the license to that, so it probably won't happen anytime soon. Would be amazing though...

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by Freakorama, 23 November 2013 - 02:15 PM.

I've been meaning to start playing The Wolf Among Us. I watched some people play Episode 1 and it was as good and thrilling as The Walking Dead.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

The Wolf Among Us is really fun, definitely a must have.

Im just worried that if i play the game it might ruin the show for me. most shows that were made into games rarely ever succeeded anyways.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

F**k that. Give us new Law & Order or CSI. You may say BttF The Game 2 as well but IMO enough adventures for poor Marty.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Street Mix, on 23 Nov 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

F**k that. Give us new Law & Order or CSI. You may say BttF The Game 2 as well but IMO enough adventures for poor Marty.

Does anyone watches those sh*t shows anyway ? If so i feel really sad for them because with so much brilliant series out there especially on cable they are stuck watching that garbage .

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:30 AM Edited by Majestic81, 08 December 2013 - 11:30 AM.

Well at least its confirmed now.

http://www.computera...coming-in-2014/

its based on the books and the show.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

Wolf Amongst Us was great.

However there's a limit to the amount of games you can make without any gameplay, eventually the fun will wear off of not having any gameplay.

They really need to start adding puzzles or something similar.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

As long as they're smart puzzles then im fine, some other devs make them tedious and long just for the sake of making the puzzles harder. i dont want gameplay elements to be included, maybe increase the choices and the consequences and stuff though.

What im afraid from is that they are making too many games at the same time, TWD, wolf among us, and now this, not to mention that borderlands spin off they were talking about in the article. the release of the walking dead season 2 has already affected the wolf among us development. episode 2 is now hauled off to after the holidays. its been 2+ months already.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by Audiophile, 05 January 2014 - 09:12 PM.

Can't wait for this.

I am a huge fan of the books and the series. Also really enjoyed TWD and just picked up The Wolf Among Us.

Really curious to see how they'll do a GoT game. But I'll definitely be picking it up, so hope we hear more soon.

@Majestic81

Yeah, that's definitely a good point. In addition, they're also working on a Borderlands game, apparently. Does seem like they are doing too much at once.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

New info.

http://www.ign.com/a...source=facebook

jameski39350
  • jameski39350

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted A week ago

very interesting...

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Ummm....it's a telltale "game".
I fell asleep trying to playing the wolf among us.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted A week ago

Ummm....it's a telltale "game".
I fell asleep trying to playing the wolf among us.

Is this better?

Michael-Bay-Working-on-Rom-Com-Between-T

• Coin likes this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago

I'm not a fan of game of thrones at all, but I will still buy the game.

I'm much more interested and looking forward to Tales from the Borderlands.

Looks great

Ducard
  • Ducard

Viva la Vida!

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Telltale should stop turning every "game" in the market into a film.

This is becoming annoying now, seriously.
  • hornedturtle likes this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago

Then don't play their games if you don't like them. That way it won't annoy you so much, I swear. I personally love what they're doing.
  • Coin likes this

Ducard
  • Ducard

Viva la Vida!

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

I know, I mean I can watch the whole game on youtube anyway, so what's the point if they are not going invest time in gameplay value?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I know, I mean I can watch the whole game on youtube anyway, so what's the point if they are not going invest time in gameplay value?

Not only that, but the choices in the game 99% of the time lead to the same outcome.

It's like they want to make movies, but they saw games as an easier market to sell to.

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

They aren't films. The graphic adventure games genre is quite old, probably older than either of you are at that.

It's fine not to like the genre, but this film stuff is garbage. 

• W2B likes this

Ducard
  • Ducard

Viva la Vida!

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

They aren't films. The graphic adventure games genre is quite old, probably older than either of you are at that.

Yeah, but what really justifies paying to play a game which you can watch on youtube without missing anything?

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that TellTale are focusing on creating a good story but at the same time they should try to create some good gameplay, that would really make a good game IMO.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It's 20 bucks for a season pass, you get what you pay for. Quit talking like these are sh*tty hyped up AAA productions.

Ducard
  • Ducard

Viva la Vida!

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

It's 20 bucks for a season pass, you get what you pay for. Quit talking like these are sh*tty hyped up AAA productions.

Different countries, different prices mate.

Whatever floats on your boat though, I guess.

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Yeah, but what really justifies paying to play a game which you can watch on youtube without missing anything?

This is a question that could be directed at just about every game ever made, quite frankly.

It's up to the individual to find value and justification in the product. Personally I am more invested in a story that I am actively taking part in, rather than just passively watching.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Well, sorry, I wasn't aware of price differential in countries... still you shouldn't be paying for it like it's a AAA game.

They've said this is the way they want their games. It's basically a interactive 10-13 hour movie. If you don't accept that then don't play it or waste your money on the product.
  • Coin likes this

Ducard
  • Ducard

Viva la Vida!

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Okay, I get the point, it's just that games are a bit expensive in my country. (20 bucks is actually a lot)  But if you like it, then that's cool. :^:

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that TellTale are focusing on creating a good story but at the same time they should try to create some good gameplay, that would really make a good game IMO.

So what? every f*cking game out there can be watched on Youtube. by that logic no one would buy any more games and we'll all be browsing YT in the future.

What gameplay are they going to implant anyways? it wont work. those games are about the story, well written characters and dialogue. not shiny graphics and badass combat and driving and flying mechanics. dont we have enough of this already?

And the experience playing those games is way way more different than watching a film on TV. i dont even see how you came to that assumption.

Ducard
  • Ducard

Viva la Vida!

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago Edited by Ducard, A week ago.

So what? every f*cking game out there can be watched on Youtube. by that logic no one would buy any more games and we'll all be browsing YT in the future.

What gameplay are they going to implant anyways? it wont work. those games are about the story, well written characters and dialogue. not shiny graphics and badass combat and driving and flying mechanics. dont we have enough of this already?

And the experience playing those games is way way more different than watching a film on TV. i dont even see how you came to that assumption.

Looks like someone threw a tantrum because I didn't share his opinion.

Like I said, drop it, if you like it's cool, if you're getting so angry over my opinion, it's not.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Majestic81, A week ago.

Threw a tantrum? im not even angry. i just typed it too fast. and its because this isnt the first time i've seen people comparing TT games to movies.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by hornedturtle, A week ago.

That is because they are like movies, more focused on story, characters and dialogue with bare minimal gameplay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users