Photo

So R* Fail once again...

63 replies to this topic
DontTrustCloudServers
  • DontTrustCloudServers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

so this special event weekend thing failed…surprise, surprise..

does anyone else think rockstar should stick to non multilayer games cause they obviously suck at it, i mean look at the stock market, they still haven't fixed that! but they decide to release a useless dlc pack with useless guns and not fix the major things in the game just smooth out a few bugs…

for a game that out sells any game ever, you'd think they'd have enough cash to fix stuff. i can't believe I'm gonna say this but, i hate R*.

I've been a loyal gta fan since the first title came out back in the day.

Anyone else gonna give up on this game? cause without heists it kinda gets old, fast...

opinions?

thanks.

• biggsull, gnad and Eddie_INTV like this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

I'm typically a r* defender but this is pretty lame...

I don't agree that beach bum is useless though, love the Bufta and some of the new races.

super cool driving skills

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

why are people so dependent on heists?

barely anything has been mentioned of them - all we know is that they exist and you are putting your whole faith in gta on them.

• scrublord likes this

Doofey
  • Doofey

Old Skool, you know it!

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:44 AM Edited by Doofey, 23 November 2013 - 11:44 AM.

I've supported R* since GTA 3 but was curious of the series long before it.
I have had loads of fun with GTA Online including some of my mischeif tonight.

But even I am starting to question a few things. Just playing normally, ranking up and getting cash is painfully slow. Repeating the same jobs over and over on hard just to get anywhere.
Now, it doesn't help that my internet connection is screwing up matchmaking for me. (Hear its not that great anyways)

I am still enjoying the game. But I do believe R* has a few things to clarify. I expect these things from a dev company like the one making the Nascar game, but not a dev company like R*.
  • vince91, QuietJosh, kingcool52 and 3 others like this

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

I agree that the heists being delayed like this w/o an explanation kinda gets to me as it was one of the main selling point for this online thing. Not to mention the sp heists were mediocre at best.
That being said, I still think this game kicks ass because of its scope, the basics are there, R* just need to get off their asses and start adding content.
As for a FREE dlc, I could careless if its "useless" or not, I actually find the sns pistol to be fun and quite powerful.

I say keep up the good work rockstar, just in a more hurried fashion lol!

Now the garage raid of 1.06....... That's another story :(

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

But even I am starting to question a few things. Just playing normally, ranking up and getting cash is painfully slow. Repeating the same jobs over and over on hard just to get anywhere.
Now, it doesn't help that my internet connection is screwing up matchmaking for me. (Hear its not that great anyways)

I am still enjoying the game. But I do believe R* has a few things to clarify. I expect these things from a dev company like the one making the Nascar game, but not a dev company like R*.

Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

yakuza65
  • yakuza65

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

You would think they'd learn their mistakes in GTA4 online and fix it and bring in additional content that seemed like a great success with their Red Dead Redemption online, combine them both and thats GTA:O but no....

Majority of GTA4 online lobbies are in some ways better with the customization of having cops or no cops, auto aim or no auto aim etc.

Same can be said about racing. Wheres parked cars option? A lot of the racing tracks don't seem that unique compared to GTA4 either but maybe thats cause it was all city and had overpasses an suspension bridges and a freeway.

San Andreas car customizing is still slightly better imo but thats cause I loved the neon lights you can under the cars :3

When I got the limited collectors edition strategy guide, I compared the car list to my GTA:SA strategy guide car list and although there was a lot of cars, SA had more in the end.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Tried the event twice and both tries ended in an empty round 4 lobby (and it stayed empty so I did quit twice)
Was doing a quick check this morning but I didn't saw the "Hit PS3_Triangle.png for Event" thingy in the loading screen, is event still busy?

Cannot check myself atm

CowboyTorry
  • CowboyTorry

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

so this special event weekend thing failed…surprise, surprise..

does anyone else think rockstar should stick to non multilayer games cause they obviously suck at it, i mean look at the stock market, they still haven't fixed that! but they decide to release a useless dlc pack with useless guns and not fix the major things in the game just smooth out a few bugs…

for a game that out sells any game ever, you'd think they'd have enough cash to fix stuff. i can't believe I'm gonna say this but, i hate R*.

I've been a loyal gta fan since the first title came out back in the day.

Anyone else gonna give up on this game? cause without heists it kinda gets old, fast...

opinions?

thanks.

I totally agree with you.  Loved the single player game, love the multiplayer too but from what I've seen sofar, I am pretty much convinced that R* is out of their league regarding online gaming.  Perhaps they should take some lessons with Dice and Infinity Ward?

I have made up my mind: i'll still play the game but won't spend any dime on paying DLC's.

Besides got a letter from the taxman: in january i get a taks refund.  Coupled with Christmas bonus at work I can get me a new PS4.  Now just hoping that there will be some surplus stock since i haven't pre-ordered.

• DontTrustCloudServers likes this

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

I think it's become clear now that Rockstar is terribly inexperienced with online content. All I can hope for is that they learn from this experience, and next time they contemplate a similar move then they might surprise us.

Rockstar is an amazing company really, I still believe that. I think most of us do. That is why I'm cutting them slack about heists and the whole affair. But that being said, I think they got kicked in the arse enough not to mess things up like that again next time.

Personally I am still enjoying playing GTAO for a few hours here and there. But the heists would be a welcome change. I hope they get them out of the oven by christmas/january. But if they fail to do that, I will start doubting many players will still be hanging around. Not because we'd be butthurt and ignoring the game, but simply because newer games will have come out and GTAV will be old news.

You do not want to become old news, as far as gaming goes : old news means bad news.

• QuietJosh, DontTrustCloudServers and a20characterusername like this

NibbsTM
  • NibbsTM

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

I got the notification when starting the game, so i pressed triangle to do the event (no idea what it was). It took several minutes to load and then placed me in a bugged free mode with no icons on the map. Well it sounded boring anyway, when I learned what it was, people don't stay in playlists.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

R* IS LAME

says every degenerate who joined an event and didn't end up winning it, or who quit early because he is a coward with no backbone.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

that is the main reason why most of my friends don't play GTA V online. they don't have the time to level up and unlock weapons. that is what was great about GTA IV, anyone could hop on and have the same advantage as the other guy. :monocle:

SCS_Skreamies
  • SCS_Skreamies

Fiji

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

The Rockstar vespucci playlist isn't even there for me now..

Shayd80
  • Shayd80

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

People always complaining, if they didn't add online to the game they be like "omg the game is so boring, i've played 2 weeks and i'm already tired of it !" and now they have online they are crying because after playing it 2 months they are not fixing things, btw who the f*ck said stock market will be available online ? yeah ok you can see the message it will be " online " soon but it's the same message you get from main story when clouds servers are offline, so what ? i guess we'll also have the lifeinvader too because it also said " not working now but will be soon " or something like that .... and yeah we don't have the heist DLC but c'mon now we all know after 3 days or atleast a week when you'll have done like 4 heists you'll be like " omg it's always the same sh*t it's so boring now, come on now we've been waiting months for this ? you suck R* "

• Imaeechew, Mart1001 and vaas like this

Admiral Blaubarschbube
  • Admiral Blaubarschbube

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

gta sucks 

• DontTrustCloudServers likes this

Shayd80
  • Shayd80

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

gta sucks 

1254516260Obvious_Troll.jpg

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

... they decide to release a useless dlc pack with useless guns and not fix the major things in the game just smooth out a few bugs…

opinions?

I respect your opinion, but not sure if it's "useless." I love the new Carnival Survival mission - it's a lot more challenging than the others and makes for a nice addition for the Survival fanatics, like me.

Loving the new Bifta like crazy. I'm seeing them everywhere, in all colors and styles, so it seems a lot of other people like them, as well. Crazy jumps up in the mountain ranges that would get most other cars a "wasted" are no problem for this little buggy! 

The broken bottle may seem trite, but if you enjoy melée battles, then trust me, it's worth it just for the animations. No, it's not flamethrower, but it's still pretty fun. (Yes, I miss the flamethrower from GTA3).

For me, I'm happy with the vanilla game out-of-the-box. All of this online stuff, free DLC, etc. is just bonus, so I'm not going to complain. I grew up before video games even existed, so for me... well. Just my 2¢. Cheers! ;)

• Sirpepperoni, Imaeechew, MikeNielson616 and 1 other like this

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

I just sighed deeply when Rockstar made a post about how they were having issues with the Event. It's like nothing ever works in this game. I'm still suffering from a glitch that's been here since day one.

• DontTrustCloudServers and vaas like this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

barely anything has been mentioned of them - all we know is that they exist and you are putting your whole faith in gta on them.

It's not as if they were one of the most promoted features for both GTAV and GTAO. 

No siree.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Because they are the one thing that can save GTAO and because Rockstar told us that they were in the game, but they're not :)

Where are the Heists at?
Where did they go?
I miss you Heists...

I'ma cry...
  • vaas likes this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I don't "hate" R*, in fact I'm pretty much in awe of them. I've loved GTA since GTA 3 and memories of playing Vice City, San Andreas and GTA V (my favourite 3) are some of my greatest gaming memories ever. Also GTA V is the best GTA ever, in my opinion.

So I have no hate for the people that gave me so much pleasure and some of my favourite game moments. GTA Online is a let down and, if the core game mechanics aren't overhauled, I doubt I'll be playing it much in 2014. So I'll be waiting with baited breath for GTA 6 instead, and spending another year reading every single piece of hype and speculation before loving the game all over again!

GTA Online might still be salvaged. They will certainly update the game with time and they might find their feet one day. I hope!!!

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

I had more fun with my glitched unmarked cruiser then i did on any mission or activity R* was able to give us on their most ambitious project to date.

Sad really.

They need to get their priorities straight. Im really hoping a cop themed DLC drops which allows us to store and mod police vehicles.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

Tried the event twice and both tries ended in an empty round 4 lobby (and it stayed empty so I did quit twice)
Was doing a quick check this morning but I didn't saw the "Hit PS3_Triangle.png for Event" thingy in the loading screen, is event still busy?

Cannot check myself atm

If the Event-.button isn't showing during loading, try go in-game (invite only session or crew session), and then Pause -> Online -> Playlists -> Rockstar -> Vespucci Beach (at the bottom)

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

"Content creator, beach bum pack and heists arrive shortly!"

Just when GTA Offline (ha ha) launched they said so.
  • vaas likes this

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

R* IS LAME

says every degenerate who joined an event and didn't end up winning it, or who quit early because he is a coward with no backbone.

Lol you need to get a life, you take games far too serious.

Calling people cowards without backbone because they quit early hahahaha ya little beeyatch

• Rinsaf, sexboxlive and vaas like this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Good thing the new consoles are out. GTA will thin out as more players upgrade BF4 and CoD and AssCreed to Next Gen.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

Of course it failed.... Anyone who thought it would go well lives in a delusional fantasy land...

Metal Slime
  • Metal Slime

A Metal Slime draws near! Command?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by Zonnex, 23 November 2013 - 03:17 PM.

I'm still enjoying the online. I even like my silent character and wished Rockstar adds a Solo Session offline mode and an HDD in case their server goes down especially their cloud save issue.

Even planned lots and lots of routes to prep for Heist escape no matter how big or small the bank is.

Aside of missions, I purposely put a bounty on players in hopes someone can place a bounty on me so I can try to escape all over the map and hide for cover that is NOT in the garage or apartment. Got to take advantage of the big map there.

Hearing people complaining about being bored are mostly hanging outside in the city. They didn't bother or even acknowledged the underground tunnels, the cults on the mountain and even a ghost. For real, someone was actually surprised that a ghost was even in the game. Even one person didn't know about the underground system in the city. Don't know if the dude played single player mode.

Not to mention getting attacked by Lost gangs, and exploring the underwater in a sub and even have your online buddy uses the cargobob to transport his pal and the sub to another location.

Had some bike and motorbike fun time by finding some stunt jumps to jumping off great hights from the mountain to see who survives.

One time, we use some planes and like 12 of us jumped at the highest point of to skydive. Some of us forgot to pack a parachute. Thankfully I landed close to my apartments garage and died near there.

After the 1.06 patch, my beloved Chrome Buzzard and Tank are gone. Which gives me opportunity to rid of purchased vehicles and find rare ones legitimatly. I found 8 out of them and the only vehicle that was duped was the Asea seeing it can be obtained through tutorial. Now I got all 9 rare and unpurchasable vehicles. The other one was the Bifta and I really like that small kart buggy vehicle.

Aside of the flaws, I found most of the positives around and still do. Also forgot to mention that some of us went to wage war at the military base just for the heck of it instead of stealing the jet and see how long we last. Some anonymous person sent out the mercenaries to somebody but hey more people to blast away.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

I respect your opinion, but not sure if it's "useless." I love the new Carnival Survival mission - it's a lot more challenging than the others and makes for a nice addition for the Survival fanatics, like me.

Challenging? I beat that the first time with only one other player. Not saying that is a bad thing but...this one is easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users