Photo

[SPOILER] Do Michael, Trevor and Franklin have Schizophrenia

21 replies to this topic
Jgray909
  • Jgray909

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

I came up with a theory about GTA V. So you remember when Trevor goes home after the game is finished and finds his mother in his trailer. But then you get the drugs from the van and when you get back she is gone. If Trevor's mother really wanted the drugs she would've stayed, and why wouldn't Ron tell Trevor there was a person in his trailer, maybe it was in Trevor's mind because he wants his mother back but he can't get her back so he imagines she is with him.

Then next, Michael joinging a cult. No other character can join the epsilon but Michael, and the cult tells him to avoid family, and sleep with more than 8 women a week, if you listen to the dialogue during the game Michael's wife (Amanda) says, "No more sleeping with random women" proving he might or might not be in the cult before you apparently do the quiz and meet people at the red truck and donate the money. Or maybe it's the aliens.

So next, "The Talking Dog" It leads Franklin to Dom, and when Dom is about to commit suicide, the dog leads Franklin to him. But the dog is only seen by Franklin and when he tells Dom about "his" dog. Dom asks about what dog and the dog is disappeared, clearly saying Franklin sees this dog, that might be possessed by aliens due to it talking to him, possibly through mind control.

Tell me what you think about my theory thanks!

• TheFoxRiverFugitive and Colognenigguh like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

Very interesting points.

I think the theory that Trevor's mom was never there is actually spot-on. Apparently Trevor is in his late 40's and yet his mother didn't look much older than him. Perhaps that's what her appearance was the last time he saw her?

As for Michael, I think that what he experienced was real. You get real money (or a sh*tty tractor) for completing the side quest and there's a news report following the final act of that side story.

Franklin and the talking dog never made sense to me. I never thought too hard about it, but again nice points you make there. But for whatever reason, Franklin doesn't come off as someone who might have schizophrenia, at least in my opinion.

Very nice post!  :^:

Jgray909
  • Jgray909

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Very interesting points.

I think the theory that Trevor's mom was never there is actually spot-on. Apparently Trevor is in his late 40's and yet his mother didn't look much older than him. Perhaps that's what her appearance was the last time he saw her?

As for Michael, I think that what he experienced was real. You get real money (or a sh*tty tractor) for completing the side quest and there's a news report following the final act of that side story.

Franklin and the talking dog never made sense to me. I never thought too hard about it, but again nice points you make there. But for whatever reason, Franklin doesn't come off as someone who might have schizophrenia, at least in my opinion.

It is very interesting when you think about it, also I find it quite interesting how the dog gets the details of Dom right. Also I have another theory about the Mount Chilliad Mural, with the UFO, Egg, and Jetpack. So Trevor is the UFO because UFO's cause destruction just like Trevor, and Franklin is the new comer so he is the egg, and the jetpack is Michael because he has to carry the weight of his family on his back like you carry the weight of a jetpack. So I think there is is specific things you need to do in between then go to the top of mount chilliad with all 3 characters together. 

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

Very interesting points.

It is very interesting when you think about it, also I find it quite interesting how the dog gets the details of Dom right. Also I have another theory about the Mount Chilliad Mural, with the UFO, Egg, and Jetpack. So Trevor is the UFO because UFO's cause destruction just like Trevor, and Franklin is the new comer so he is the egg, and the jetpack is Michael because he has to carry the weight of his family on his back like you carry the weight of a jetpack. So I think there is is specific things you need to do in between then go to the top of mount chilliad with all 3 characters together. 

Nice theory !

I never understood the "speaking" dog thing tho.

Jgray909
  • Jgray909

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Very interesting points.

Nice theory !

I never understood the "speaking" dog thing tho.

Possibly a reference to Lassie. 

lazyace
  • lazyace

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

I remember hearing somewhere that Ron posts on LifeInvader something like "why didn't you introduce me to your mom?" , so Ron did see her if that's the case.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

Schizophrenia is characterized more by delusions (such as the belief aliens are trying to steal your thoughts) than actual hallucinations (such as Trevor believing he's seeing/speaking to his mom when she's not really there).

Jgray909
  • Jgray909

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

Schizophrenia is characterized more by delusions (such as the belief aliens are trying to steal your thoughts) than actual hallucinations (such as Trevor believing he's seeing/speaking to his mom when she's not really there).

Trevor's mum wants Deludomal... So that sounds like Delusions

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

Trevor's mum wants Deludomal... So that sounds like Delusions

....that doesn't make sense. Her asking him for ANYTHING, or even speaking to him, would still be a hallucination, not a delusion.

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

Trevor's mom seems old enough for me, like 55 / 60 years old.

halapeno71
  • halapeno71

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by halapeno71, 24 November 2013 - 02:03 PM.

Trevor's mom seems old enough for me, like 55 / 60 years old.

Agreed. She looks very much like a woman in her 60's to me. I'm in my 40's myself and I've never met a woman around my age who looks as old as Trevor's mother.

At any rate, I disagree that Trevor is hallucinating his mother. While I believe it's possible that he could imagine seeing his mother and even imagine having a conversation with her, I find it infinitely more difficult to believe that he could hallucinate being locked out of his trailer.

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

But why did his mother left after you got the Deludamol?

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

To keep you guessing apparently.

OP: I think you meant to pose the "split-personality" possibility which is still considered pseudo-science but by all means, go for it.

gbusjesus
  • gbusjesus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:10 AM

They did state during the game Trevor's mum would just "come and go".
I wouldn't really make too much of it, though it's interesting that the Deludamol van's keep spawning after that mission..

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

the talking dog was definetly a reference to lassie

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

No idea about schizophrenia, but the talking dog sums up GTA V perfectly imo. Rockstar have simply lost it!

The strange man was weird in RDR, but it kind of worked. V feels like it has no focus, like SA, it doesn't know what it wants to be. IV didn't have that, III and VC didn't, but SA and V just feel so disjointed to me, like R* aimed the game at the lowest common denominator, aiming it a brainless kids.

I really doubt any of the characters have Schizophrenia, tbh, as that implies more depth than this game has

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Trevor is crazy so possibly.

Micheal cheated on his wife with a stripper, and frequents brothels as evidenced by his talks with dr. Friedlander.

Franklin's experience with the dog was just a reference to lassie.

Also, micheal sees aliens when he has taken drugs but never when he is sober.

ryan6265123
  • ryan6265123

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Also, Dom wasn't committing suicide, he had jumped out of a plane so he could skydive.

Ankou
  • Ankou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Trevors mom is real, nor was she killed by Trevor and appeared as hallucination, she was in prison and asks why Trevor never came to visit her.

just look at up at trevors lifeinvader page and Ron ask why Trevor didnt  about introducing her..

I think Trevor got abused by his mother or was left alone often, but he still kinda loved her judging by his behaviour, and wanted to impress her somehow, his mother is most likely sadistic and mentally disturbed herself and so left Trevor to emotionally pain him or something.

d nice
  • d nice

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

lol its just dan houser trying to spook gamers with these bunch of illuminati situation but i dont think michael and franklin are schizophrenic

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

lol its just dan houser trying to spook gamers with these bunch of illuminati situation but i dont think michael and franklin are schizophrenic

...do you even know who/what the "Illuminati" are supposed to be? Because the way you used that term is way, WAY off.

d nice
  • d nice

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

who the hell do you think you are? fkin smartass always correcting me. find something better to do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users