Photo

16 players is way too small a server capacity

51 replies to this topic
PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

The country area is never used and people are way too spread out.

I know it's just asking way too f*cking much but could there be an update that increases server size?

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruin made me do it not

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

not on this generation of console for sure

but PS4 and spybox could get an increase as well as pc

• Kammakazi likes this

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

But but imagine 64 players... The horror!
  • Metal Slime likes this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

I wouldn't mind 24 or 32 players but 16 on this massive map is too few. Especially with the tunnels and huge mountains it's a bit ridiculous
  • RAS_ZeroZ likes this

xStaY BlaZiNx
  • xStaY BlaZiNx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

For this console generation it's impossible to do, but I do think they should create some kind of region based matchmaking.

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

100 minimum ...but

we will b living on mars 1st

This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

You make the amount of players in each server larger all you're going to have is a lot more players in the city

Really nothing to do in other parts of the map, I wish there was more property outside of the city though.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

It's noce to have enough space to avoid other players when you feel like it.

16 is fine with me.

most of the time they are all in the city killing each other anyways.
  • Mike Haddrick likes this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

They should test 32.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

More would actually be nice, then we can have actual gang wars with other crews

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

32 minimum.. but 64 would be nice. 

TJK319
  • TJK319

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

But but imagine 64 players... The horror!

Imagine that in a bad sports lobby, a city full of tanks. Like a tank conga line.

• RAS_ZeroZ, Metal Slime and Ylerion like this

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

Had a good game last night where like 12 people in the room kind of bunched up around 2 or 3 blocks and just had an all out war. wish there were more moments like this online, but I usually just end up driving around doing nothing
  • RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

100+ plus players would be preferred by me. I hope the PC version supports at least 64 if it ever comes out.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

I hope for 24 to 36 players in PC and next gen.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

Gta samp for pc had like what 100-150+ ? Those were good times :)
  • PandaLambpaws likes this

EdF4ce
  • EdF4ce

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

Why not 32players in this generation? It can be done im just wondering why not? I think its more to do with microsoft setting restrictions to cap at 16. Other games have more... Battlefield 24, Homefront 32 and perfect dark zero i believe had 32 players and that was a very early game! So yes it can be done on this generation i just have no idea why its not done in this game! I would have thought it would be down to microsoft setting the 16 player limitations. This game needs at least 32players+ for this size of map!

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

not on this generation of console for sure

but PS4 and spybox could get an increase as well as pc

You see I can forgive graphics limitations or bullet physics limitations (Although it bums me out that in a game with this type of environment the sniper rifle doesn't get to use it's full range which would be awesome!)

But 16 players on this generation console is a joke as far as I'm concerned.

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

Gta samp for pc had like what 100-150+ ? Those were good times :)

Woooow I missed out!

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

You make the amount of players in each server larger all you're going to have is a lot more players in the city

Really nothing to do in other parts of the map, I wish there was more property outside of the city though.

This is not true. Eventually servers keel out and unless people wanted to brawl in the city (I would love if that happened), it would create more traffic on the outskirts.

When a couple people go north into the country, people follow suit. I guarantee you'd love what 32 players on a server would be like compared to 16. The city would feel like a city instead of feeling like the countryside, and the countryside would feel like the countryside instead of a desolate ghost town.

igotspie
  • igotspie

in yo fridge

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Why not 32players in this generation? It can be done im just wondering why not? I think its more to do with microsoft setting restrictions to cap at 16. Other games have more... Battlefield 24, Homefront 32 and perfect dark zero i believe had 32 players and that was a very early game! So yes it can be done on this generation i just have no idea why its not done in this game! I would have thought it would be down to microsoft setting the 16 player limitations. This game needs at least 32players+ for this size of map!

Because the consoles can only handle 16, and barely at that. Why do you think there are no wild animals and faaaaar less ped/car traffic? Do people not even think before posting? Just because games that don't push the limits of a console can handle 32 doesn't mean games at the very end can handle it also.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

I don't think I'd ever step out my door in free-roam if there were 32 players, or more. It's already too wild and crazy with 16 players but with any more it would be less fun with the game mechanics the way they currently are.

Of course, if they change the radar blip game mechanics...

But yes, the reason for the current server capacity is hardware restriction, not a Microsoft decision. I bet Rockstar would love to have a mass multi-player GTA one day but they have a lot of thinking to do about the game mechanics of getting that to work.

I_Love_Your_TDs
  • I_Love_Your_TDs

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

15 ten year olds in a lobby, now you want 31 ten year olds..

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

The country area is never used and people are way too spread out.

I know it's just asking way too f*cking much but could there be an update that increases server size?

More Blaine-County Interaction.

Owning Business in Blaine

There could be several Businesses you could Purchase around Blaine County, which you'd then have to manage.

Merely purchasing them and then just leaving them there would grant a small income each in-game week (the standard), but if you instead Drive there (once per in-game week), you will get 4 Options from your Supervisor at the Business to choose from, and it would grant you bonus.revenue instead of the Standard.

Wild Life Hunting - Hunting Coyotes, Boars, Cougars for Rewards (Only available up North)

Kidnapping People for the Cult - Either drive people there willingly/unknowingly (hookers), or purchase a Stungun/Tranquilizer to Stun people (Civilians and Police)

When you have stunned someone, you get an option to drag that person to your car/trunk.

The Cult is only Located in the North. Bring people there for Monetary Rewards and a small chance for an Unlock!

All of this would promote some more action up north! :)

Zanje
  • Zanje

Stand up guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

purchase a Stungun/Tranquilizer to Stun people (Civilians and Police)

I would LOVE the stun gun online, hours of entertainment!

mobe
  • mobe

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by mobe, 23 November 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Apparently the problem is actually as much to do with current bandwidth bottle neck problems as it is to do with the consoles. Even when (or if) of the game comes out on the PS4 and Xbone the number of players is  unlikely to increase by much if at all. There's simply too much information to easily pass around the average local network and thats not going to change in the foreseeable future. 

Also if people are rightly getting annoyed at players treating free roam as one huge death match god only knows what it would be like with 32 or more players. Rockstar would need to probably rethink the fundamental nature of the game from scratch. 

• DaCosta likes this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

The voice chat for that would be horrifying.
  • Metal Slime likes this

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

Apparently the problem is actually as much to do with current bandwidth bottle neck problems as it is to do with the consoles. Even when (or if) of the game comes out on the PS4 and Xbone the number of players is  unlikely to increase by much if at all. There's simply too much information to easily pass around the average local network and thats not going to change in the foreseeable future. 

It is the issue. Having to mesh upload and download all the real time info from all players, then resend the changes tick to tick, is the problem.

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:20 PM Edited by PandaLambpaws, 24 November 2013 - 06:20 PM.

The voice chat for that would be horrifying.

Zonal voice-chat with the option to dial-up a server-wide voice-chat. Problem solved.

32 players would not make it a deathmatch, you'd see a pile-up of a half-dozen guys fighting sometimes but unless you walk up to it, you're safe as always.

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

It is not really about the bandwidth it has to do with how little RAM the ps3 and xbox 360 have. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users