Photo

Strongest M16 user in GTA III

19 replies to this topic
CaptainSwagDaddy
  • CaptainSwagDaddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

Who is the strongest M16 user in GTA III? The military soldiers at 6 stars, the Colombian Cartel in some missions, the CIA in the mission Marked Man, Phil Cassidy in Arms Shortage or Salvatore Leone in Sayonara Salvatore?

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm pretty sure the A.I. is the same for all of them, so none of them is better than the other.

CaptainSwagDaddy
  • CaptainSwagDaddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

But who is the hardest to fight in my list?

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

What did I just say? They are all equally strong because the game was programmed that way. There is no difference in A.I. between them.

CaptainSwagDaddy
  • CaptainSwagDaddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

When did the Colombian Cartel use a Rocket launcher?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

The final mission. I can't remember if they shot directly at you or if they just had a rocket launcher within reaching distance, though.

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

One of those guys even had a flamethrower, but the way the game is designed I have no idea how he would survive long enough to ever get to use it on your character. You'd have to purposefully let him get close.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:38 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 24 November 2013 - 12:39 PM.

One of those guys even had a flamethrower, but the way the game is designed I have no idea how he would survive long enough to ever get to use it on your character. You'd have to purposefully let him get close.

There are two guys with a flamethrower, the other one is next to Maria. But yea...all M16 users are equally badass. Going from 100 armor and 125 health to 0 in a matter of 2 seconds...

• lpgunit likes this

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

The final mission. I can't remember if they shot directly at you or if they just had a rocket launcher within reaching distance, though.

That's wrong. In "The Exchange" nobody wields a Rocket Launcher - it is just placed on the roof where Catalina is keeping Maria prisoner - that is all.

There is one and only baddy in the game who does use a Rocket Launcher, however, - and that is a Colombian guarding the runway at the airport in "S.A.M."
  • lpgunit and Pastry like this

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 24 November 2013 - 01:49 PM.

That's wrong. In "The Exchange" nobody wields a Rocket Launcher - it is just placed on the roof where Catalina is keeping Maria prisoner - that is all.

There is one and only baddy in the game who does use a Rocket Launcher, however, - and that is a Colombian guarding the runway at the airport in "S.A.M."

It was put there, if someone got to the airport via the bridge and not the boat, which is faster and more safe if you ask me.

Does he shoot if you come closer? I'll check it out. He does, but he blows himself out, and doing little damage to the player...still dangerous, if you're standing next to him.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

I have no idead why, but it just annoys me how the M16 has that absurd rate of fire. I'm really not the guy who gets annoyed at the lack of realism in a video game, but for whatever reason, it just f*cks with my mind. And I know the M16's rate of fire can be modded, but then I feel bad for modding the game, and not playing it the way it was meant to be. To me, San Andreas is the only game I think is worth to mod, and even that, only with a few small mods.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

It was set to absurd rate of fire, to make the NPC more dangerous, then they actually are.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

It was put there, if someone got to the airport via the bridge and not the boat, which is faster and more safe if you ask me.
Does he shoot if you come closer? I'll check it out. He does, but he blows himself out, and doing little damage to the player...still dangerous, if you're standing next to him.

Nie wiem, czy to tak jest zawsze, Panie, ale...

I had a different situation: when I approached him, he shot off his Rocket Launcher and hit me! I tried both on foot and in car. In the first case, my health got considerably reduced. In the second case, I was blown up to sh*t, along with my car.
Maybe I approached from a different angle though - this could be the thing.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

It was set to absurd rate of fire, to make the NPC more dangerous, then they actually are.

I doubt that, but I suppose it is possible. At least it's not as unfair as in Vice City. If you remember in the mission "Hit The Courier", there are one or two ladies that carry a shotgun and they have incredible range. You can stand in front of the entrance to the boatyard and shoot one of them with a long range weapon (M4) and you will easily get shot by a shotgun. Ironically, the sniper wielding ladies can't seem to be able to shoot you as easily.

• Pastry likes this

FlyeThemoon
  • FlyeThemoon

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

Cartel with M16s can eat my shorts :p because ive had Bulletproof Patriot(Thank you Ray)

That who stays with Maria can be banged with sniper rifle if you stay on stairs.

But Army oh man!

They had Rhino,s Rhino,s! my foes hidden in metal boxes THE COWARDS! THE FOOLS!

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

I do t know if my memory is deceiving me (exaggerating the fact) but I remember the sharpshooters on the bridge during marked man to be exceptionally accurate, often destroying your vehicle in a matter of seconds if you choose to take the bridge rather than opt for the strangely unguarded tunnel system below Liberty.

Most of the others you can take out easily with a simple snipe or a good M16 shot of your own and they are also in simple places and not hidden, but the ones on the bridge stand out to me for some reason. Again. I'm not sure if this is my memory from my youth exaggerating the truth as it has been known to do.

Just my two cents.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

I don't remember ever even bothering with that tunnel system. I always just used a BP cheetah or a tank and took the bridge.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

The CIA in the mission Marked Man are probably the strongest because there is many of them all in the same confined area making them a lot stronger than a single target - Without a BP vehicle, the bridge is impossible to cross leaving you to take the Tunnel Route.

The others are pretty easy to get past as they are either single targets (Phil and Salvatore) or they only come a few at a time (The Military) making it easy to pick them off with a Sniper Rifle.

ShaunNoWay
  • ShaunNoWay

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

I'm pretty sure sure the military are coded to never miss with the M16, so I guess you could count them as the most dangerous.

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

The player.
  • Th3MaN1 and Jeansowaty like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users