http://www.lcpdfr.co...a-20a-2e-siren/

Compeast
  • Compeast

Classic Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

suggesting... you can use this siren for the emergency vehicles:

NYPD used Mark 7 (or something) sirens. Those were used by Chicago, not the NYPD. (Nor FDNY, NY EMS)

PacketOverload
  • PacketOverload

Maximus Nostalgias

• Members
  • Canada
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

Just thought I would let you know that with a fully modded 1040 installation, I got texture pop in using this pack. I don't know if it was a memory leak or texture pop in. I tried with my handling.dat, carcols.dat and vehicles.ide and it doesn't work at all. No worries, I used yours and the pack works but with texture pop in. I think there may be a problem with one or more of the vehicles? :)

My specs: 
Core i5 3.4 @ 4.2
8GB's of DDR3 1800

eVGA GTX 570 1280MB

eVGA Z77 FTW

Crucial M4 128GB

WD Red NAS Version 2TB FRAPS + Storage Drive

Antec Kuhler Water Cooling 

Corsair 850Watt Gold

BlukIon
  • BlukIon

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

Hi! Thanks for the download link, I've been waiting for this mod for a long time!

But I'm having problems running it. I wonder if you could help me with this issue:

I have replaced the files in the GTA IV folder, but the game stops running on the loading screen. I have the WTC mod on, don't know if it conflicts with the mod. I also use the simple native trainer, and the script mod Ambient Wars. My GTA IV version is 1.0.7.0.

My current save file has no parked cars in any of the safehouses. I also have set the vehicle density to 90, and I've tried reducing it, but it also doesn't work.

Anyway, thanks for the download, and it's still a great initiative and the car files in OpenIV are also fantastic.

schakusa
  • schakusa

Trust me when you meet the monster you'll know!

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by schakusa, 08 July 2014 - 09:33 PM.

@BlukIon

i dont know if it helps, but try this pack without the carcols.dat

• PacketOverload and BlukIon like this

BlukIon
  • BlukIon

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:08 AM

@BlukIon

i dont know if it helps, but try this pack without the carcols.dat

Thanks, it worked now!

joyrider00
  • joyrider00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

Works well and looks awesome! Good thing that IV has music to fit in the vibe that the old school cars bring. And I can also confirm that using GTAs original carcols.dat removed all problems. I made some minor changes in other aspects like LC cops now wear NYPD style light blue shirts and carry revolvers instead of Glocks to complete the 80s atmosphere. I don't know how car pack can get any better than this.

Thank you RealNewYork for creating this awesome car pack and also big thanks to those who created the vehicles

SOULEATERROX
  • SOULEATERROX

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

suggesting... you can use this siren for the emergency vehicles:

NYPD used Mark 7 (or something) sirens. Those were used by Chicago, not the NYPD. (Nor FDNY, NY EMS)

welp. sorry didnt know that, you can use this: http://gtapolicemods...?do=file&id=970

but it sucks that you cant mod a siren for each emergency vehicle.

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

WOW!  This is some of the coolest sh*t I've seen for a video game.  Obviously a lot of time and effort went to this.  Im really impressed.

(Backstory)  Ive wanted a mid 80's caprice since i was 5 years old (I sh*t you not, 5 years)  In my 20's now, I've made several attempts over the years to buy one, but every time something went wrong: either the car was too modded (i want one stock), the car got sold before i could get to it, or the seller backed out on me/stopped answering my calls! I guess it's just not meant for me to get a caprice, despite my numerous attempts over the years, but i still love the car!  Every time i see one, i gawk at it.  I have similar tastes for the late 70's impalas, and late 80's malibus, as well for late 80's 4-door Cutlasses, which had a similar shape, yet nothings like a true caprice!

My only comment is, why would a 1985 Caprice be so beaten already in 1988?  A 3 year old car usually could never be called a beater, BUT, nonetheless I'm very impressed.  If I had a PC i would probably get GTA IV for it just for this.

Oh well, maybe one day, but till then I'm content with my late 90's explorer :)

• LtFlash likes this

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

MAGA

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:14 AM Edited by einjzmolf, 25 July 2014 - 01:14 AM.

WOW!  This is some of the coolest sh*t I've seen for a video game.  Obviously a lot of time and effort went to this.  Im really impressed.

(Backstory)  Ive wanted a mid 80's caprice since i was 5 years old (I sh*t you not, 5 years)  In my 20's now, I've made several attempts over the years to buy one, but every time something went wrong: either the car was too modded (i want one stock), the car got sold before i could get to it, or the seller backed out on me/stopped answering my calls! I guess it's just not meant for me to get a caprice, despite my numerous attempts over the years, but i still love the car!  Every time i see one, i gawk at it.  I have similar tastes for the late 70's impalas, and late 80's malibus, as well for late 80's 4-door Cutlasses, which had a similar shape, yet nothings like a true caprice!

My only comment is, why would a 1985 Caprice be so beaten already in 1988?  A 3 year old car usually could never be called a beater, BUT, nonetheless I'm very impressed.  If I had a PC i would probably get GTA IV for it just for this.

Oh well, maybe one day, but till then I'm content with my late 90's explorer :)

It probably has to do with the 3rd party that modded the Caprice for use in GTAIV, had intentions of it being used on it's own, not in a car park 'recreating' 1988

officerluka130
  • officerluka130

I like memes :p

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by officerluka130, 15 August 2014 - 05:25 PM.

hi if I want to download this file I just get redicted to the filedropper website :/ is there another way to download it?

edit: nevermind it worked now :D

LtFlash
  • LtFlash

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

I'm here to say that I'm addicted. Looking forward to see 2nd edition.

• inbetweendays_ likes this

SAULTHEONE
  • SAULTHEONE

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

ok, everytime i run EFLC with your mod, my game crashes, is it because i have EFLC or is it something else, please reply back

SAULTHEONE
  • SAULTHEONE

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

oh and for the fbi cruiser, try this 93 mustang police cruiser unmarked, i know its 93, but it pretty much the same as the 1988 mustang. Link: https://www.lcpdfr.c...gt-law-version/

DaBOSS54320
  • DaBOSS54320

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:55 PM Edited by DaBOSS54320, 31 August 2014 - 04:57 PM.

Looks awesome! Here's to hoping it can run on my pc...

File dropper though? I'd really suggest mediafire or something. Filedropper is just to share a file really quick, the links break in a few days. Also if you do use filedropper, you are supposed to give us the link it says to give us... not a huge deal but just another link we gotta go through.

Kafonix
  • Kafonix

Furry pride!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Is there any way to install this at PS3?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Nope. PC only. The Master Race is the only and true way to go.
  • Sergiu likes this

DaBOSS54320
  • DaBOSS54320

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:19 AM

If you are interested on modding for consoles, you'll have to figure it out yourself or go to a forum dedicated to PS3 CFW hacks. This forum is for PC modding. There may be a way to mod this on the PS3 but it will be hard, you'll have to either have a PS3 on 3.55 or use a E3 flasher to change your firmware back to 3.55. When you are on version 3.55 you can install a CFW which will allow you to mod the game files, however the PS3 version of GTA IV may be different then PC so it may not work. I don't know though, best of luck to ya if you still want to try. PC is easier to mod and has better graphics though, so I don't know why you don't just go with PC...

Kafonix
  • Kafonix

Furry pride!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

Because my PC is so pathetic it can't even run Minecraft on lowest graphics.

Andouce
  • Andouce

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by Andouce, 01 September 2014 - 10:07 PM.

Really nice mod, fits in exactly with my New York theme. ended up changing what i could to make it feel even more like NYC by adding revolvers, other weapons and making custom firing changes etc. Police Vehicles and Light Blue uniforms with radios. Gotta say this is like a dream come true in terms of compiling such a mod friendly pack ^^

Thanks very much for all the effort and time you put into this mod. The next version looks even nicer :p

Keep it up.

I would recommend using this for the emergency vehicle sirens if you are going to change some audio too - https://www.lcpdfr.c...iren-prototype/

• Compeast and LtFlash like this

SAULTHEONE
  • SAULTHEONE

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

Use this, this is the NYPD mark 7 police siren, the other is a prototype, this is the REAL thing: http://gtapolicemods...?do=file&id=970

SAULTHEONE
  • SAULTHEONE

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

and try this Ford LTD: http://www.gta4-mods...-victoria-f6738

DaBOSS54320
  • DaBOSS54320

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

@Wavesittich: You should maybe sell the PS3 for some PC upgrades, that is what I would do. PC will certainly run any games you have at better graphics and allow for modding. PS3 exclusives you'll have to give up. Depends how much you really like you're PS3 and want to mod.

Also PS3 GTA IV graphics are... well sh*tty and for a reason, the PS3 can't run much better. So I don't think it would run a vehicles mod.

Andouce
  • Andouce

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:58 AM Edited by Andouce, 06 September 2014 - 12:00 PM.

Use this, this is the NYPD mark 7 police siren, the other is a prototype, this is the REAL thing: http://gtapolicemods...?do=file&id=970

I just feel personally that the prototype is better quality and more to my taste anyway. I have many pictures and NYPD related things that I use within the realm of GTAIV/EFLC and especially with this, it makes a huge difference in comparison to my attempted civillian replacements in terms of stability.

My emergency vehicles however are much different:

Note that the last 3 are slightly outdated in terms of uniforms and 2 cars, as they have been replaced more recently like the first 2 images   :)

Spoiler

SAULTHEONE
  • SAULTHEONE

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

I just feel personally that the prototype is better quality and more to my taste anyway. I have many pictures and NYPD related things that I use within the realm of GTAIV/EFLC and especially with this, it makes a huge difference in comparison to my attempted civillian replacements in terms of stability.

My emergency vehicles however are much different:

Note that the last 3 are slightly outdated in terms of uniforms and 2 cars, as they have been replaced more recently like the first 2 images   :)

Spoiler

well are you able to make the vehicles in the picures non els (because els just takes up to much memory, resulting into the dreaded texture glitch)

and where do you get the mod to make the police officers hold revolvers

PevinKapa
  • PevinKapa

totes muhgoats

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

Me thinks the link doesn't work. I've downloaded the files before, but I deleted them recently and need to re-download. 

It links me to the filedropper website for sharing the link. Any help would be appreciated!

inbetweendays_
  • inbetweendays_

Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:04 AM Edited by RealNewYork, 10 September 2014 - 07:51 PM.

Hello people!

I will be uploading a new version (version 1.1) this week.

Changes in version 1.1 can be read on the first page.

Get yourself a good 80's playlist and enjoy the new version when available!

SAULTHEONE
  • SAULTHEONE

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

ill try to upload the real mark 7 siren to media fire

SAULTHEONE
  • SAULTHEONE

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None