The Showroom: Vapid Sandking XL

86 replies to this topic
PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Is the xl the same as the sb just 4 doors instead of 2, what I wanna know are they both the same height?

From what I know yes they are pretty much the same thing except the SWB has 2 doors. I'm not sure if there are any differences performance wise but I would assume it's easier to maneuver because it has a shorter body. 

This exactly. The short wheel base provides better maneuverability due to the shorter chassis.

Here's my personal Sandking I got yesterday. Found it, asked if anyone wanted it, and when no one answered, I stored it for myself.

0_0.jpg

• J-Real likes this

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

From what I know yes they are pretty much the same thing except the SWB has 2 doors. I'm not sure if there are any differences performance wise but I would assume it's easier to maneuver because it has a shorter body. 

I have Both the XL and SWB, both are Modded the same,  I can tell no difference in performance .....the SWB is a little easier to take sharper corners in, but i would not say its worth the money unless you just love the SandKings .......

Price wise  if both trucks have the same Mods  in an apple to apple comparison  they will sell for the same money ......

if you like to do freemode off roading .....i would suggest to keep the stock fuel tank .as the upgraded tanks seem to give me problems by hanging up on objects .....

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Is the xl the same as the sb just 4 doors instead of 2, what I wanna know are they both the same height?

This exactly. The short wheel base provides better maneuverability due to the shorter chassis.

Here's my personal Sandking I got yesterday. Found it, asked if anyone wanted it, and when no one answered, I stored it for myself.

0_0.jpg

Awesome, are there any differences in what you can modify with the SWB compared to the XL?

I have Both the XL and SWB, both are Modded the same,  I can tell no difference in performance .....the SWB is a little easier to take sharper corners in, but i would not say its worth the money unless you just love the SandKings .......

Price wise  if both trucks have the same Mods  in an apple to apple comparison  they will sell for the same money ......

if you like to do freemode off roading .....i would suggest to keep the stock fuel tank .as the upgraded tanks seem to give me problems by hanging up on objects .....

Yeah I found that getting the tank got me more stuck in ditches.

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

it has bulletproof back window after  modifications.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

^ Really? If that's the case then it's a great vehicle for missions that involve car chases. 

Anyone else confirm this?

dakid135
  • dakid135

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

this thread makes me want my sandking back 

I just sold mines :(

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

this thread makes me want my sandking back 

I just sold mines :(

Never too late to save up and get one again! 

Or better yet hunt one around Sandy shores. Pimp it up and go for an awesome photoshoot... Now that sounds like an awesome day.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Darky Souls and Bloodybornie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

Is Sandking XL really worth to buy?

I once had the normal Sandking, it was so weak.. 

I want a strong monster truck.

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

I bought one earlier today.  I'm going to replace it.  My first 'big car' was the Merry Weather Canfis Mesa, which was a let down as well.  

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

It really depends on what you're going to be using it for. Roaming around being a big truck and destroying things? go ahead, but if you're going to use it on races or expect it to be an awesome off road vehicle? I don't think so :/

garyfromscotland
  • garyfromscotland

Jock

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:59 AM Edited by garyfromscotland, 30 November 2013 - 08:06 AM.

Where's the love for the SWB :(

EDIT: just read above lol - and yes, the height is the same, I just find the XL takes too much of the screen up

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

0_0.jpg

teagle
  • teagle

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

How can they give us such a beast of a truck and not offer the option to add stacks? I don't understand why they would have made a big lifted truck, but not made it with the option for 4x4, stacks, or a real turbo diesel sound.
  • J-Real likes this

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

I finally got rid of mine a bit ago... if not for the fact it is only RWD instead of 4WD i would never have gotten rid of it... it has the front Axel and diff, why no power in the front wheels?

• J-Real likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

It really depends on what you're going to be using it for. Roaming around being a big truck and destroying things? go ahead, but if you're going to use it on races or expect it to be an awesome off road vehicle? I don't think so :/

I was in the cop chase and when they rammed me and blocked my way, the monster truck ability like what I expected didn't show up... It's just stuck there. Couldn't even drive over the police sedan hood or have the strength to push them off..

• J-Real likes this

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

Sanding xl can ram a tank also and not immediately blow up lll

X3MIST
  • X3MIST

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

The Sandking's good for looks, but performs like crap off-road. Damn truck is so tall, I end up scratching the roof every single time I leave the garage...

0_0.jpg

• J-Real and luisniko like this

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

Try not upgrading the suspension, it lowers the sandking too much that you cant get over cars as much anymore.

luisniko
  • luisniko

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

My goddamn Sandking always scratch the ceiling when going out from garage and eventually crashed the windshield to pieces..

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

Sold my XL for the garage space, but kept the murdered out SWB

0_0-22_zps889d02e9.jpg
  • J-Real likes this

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

My goddamn Sandking always scratch the ceiling when going out from garage and eventually crashed the windshield to pieces..

LOL wow how low was that garage door...

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

I used to think these were only for people who felt like they were lacking in the underpants dept. but now that it's been made 4X4 I had to check it out.

11461812356_c292669584_o.jpg

To start off with I've gone for all the mods but I guess they make it less functional.

What does SWB stand for?

I got the XL thinking that the 4-door might be useful for missions but if you've got to travel half the map the sand king might be a bit slow anyway.

So far the thing I like about it best is when it's sitting in the garage next to SUVs etc and makes those 'big' cars look like pip-squeaks.

it has bulletproof back window after  modifications.

I'd be interested to know if this is true. I didn't armour mine but I noticed that the windows in the camper top weren't part of the normal windows ; they didn't tint with the other glass and you can't see through them to begin with.

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:52 AM Edited by Squirrel__Army, 20 December 2013 - 10:57 AM.

The glass doesn't break but bullets still pass through. I stood behind mine and shot through the back, the inside rear window and windscreen both were smashed. It's still a useful feature as it's hard to see how many people are in the car and provides a lot of cover too in a firefight.

0_0.jpg

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

^ what if u had 100% armour?

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Still wouldn't work. It's still one of the hardest vehicles to be shot out of though so its good to have.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

Sweet, I didn't know that it got patched with 4x4 now I might just get mine back. And that's awesome to know now that it's bulletproof for sure... gonna make missions a bit easier.

SWB I think means short wheel base? Or short wheel base with wide bed... I could be wrong, I hope someone out there can clarify this. lol 

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

The extra gas tanks are ugly. Who in their right mind would want to loose ground clearance especially when fuel doesn't matter.
Love the Sandking since 1.08 though
  • J-Real likes this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Do Suspension, Bumper and Fuel Tank make it less efficient at its job? Off road?

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"Boobs Are Under-Powered"

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

The extra gas tanks are ugly. Who in their right mind would want to loose ground clearance especially when fuel doesn't matter.
Love the Sandking since 1.08 though

Do Suspension, Bumper and Fuel Tank make it less efficient at its job? Off road?

It helps keep tire/axle deformation down from collisions and impacts.

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

Doesn't know how to do good avatars

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

They kind of wreck its ground clearance, so I do without any of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users