» «
Photo

The Showroom: Vapid Sandking XL

86 replies to this topic
J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by J-Real, 22 December 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Welcome everyone, to another showroom topic and this time we're tackling the big and bulky Vapid Sandking XL

gw88e7h.png

QIVJcaG.png

z4ZDfuS.png

Background

The Vapid Sandking has been around since the days of Vice City, and oh boy, do I remember the first time I saw one. "PURE FUN". Whether you wanted to just run people over, or go around in the sand, the Sandking was always a blast to drive.  This truck is modeled after the Ford Super-Duty Pickup line, and also resembles somewhat a Silverado. 

Sandking appearance from VC, VCS & SA

Sandking-GTAVC-front.jpgSandking-GTAVCS-front.jpgSandking-GTASA-front.jpg

Speed - 7.0

It's quite common for an off-road vehicle to have a relatively low speed, but it definitely makes up for the way it plays in the sand. The Sandking has also lost speed since it's first appearance.

Handling - 4.0

Now here's where everyone gets angry, because as sad as it sounds the Sandking actually sucks to use for off road races. Yes it's good to go around in free-mode and screw around... but it's absolute doodoo because it has no four wheel drive. Now you might be thinking "BUT WHY MAKE IT AN OFF ROAD IF IT CANT EJFGJVSRVJRJV" well... sorry I have no idea what the answer to that either! lol.

Braking - 2.0

The bigger the truck, the harder to stop and with rear wheel drive it's going to be messy. Although that's what makes it "fun" to use in the sand, it's a bad thing to have when racing.  

Overall Rating - 6.0

The first time I saw the Sandking I was instantly excited, coming from a person that hasn't seen one since VC. But sadly I was quite disappointed at its performance, it just didn't give me the same feeling as before. Instead of accelerating like a maniac through the sand, I now have to be careful and making sure the truck doesn't tip or get stuck. So if you plan on getting one, just don't use it to race and you'll be fine.

Locations 

• Can be seen driving around Sandy Shores
  • Can be purchased via online in-game for $45,000

So what do you guys think of the Sandking? 

If you happen to own one, make sure to post pictures!

Check out these pictures!

Pinnkiepie

0_0.jpg

JerridPrime

0_0.jpg

jtet37

0_0.jpg

PerceusSOZ

0_0.jpg

X3MIST

0_0.jpg

Mr. Crowley

0_0-22_zps889d02e9.jpg

Squirrel_Army

0_0.jpg

Barry Spock

11461812356_c292669584_o.jpg

Tequim

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

BumpyJohnson

0_0.jpg

hesselgren

0_0.jpg

Lightskin Bro

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

MooseThompson

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

DS Monkfish

0_0_zpsef251eaf.jpg0_0_zps71001021.jpg

0_0.jpg

S-M-O-K-E-

94C57A56-D732-4869-9A5A-131EA483B863-517

• Ribsey, TSGFan1899 and JerridPrime like this

TexasToast712
  • TexasToast712

Native Texan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Sadler > Sandking

Sadler has 4WD.

• MackRotten likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

My SandKing :)

0_0.jpg

• J-Real likes this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Nice thread. I got my first sandking last night, will post up pic later. It's fun but wish it had more weight behind it when you smash it into police roadblocks. It was fun driving over them tho. I prob won't keep it long term, I will have some fun then try something else.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

I like the Rebel better though, damn thing's indestructible.

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

this thread makes me want my sandking back 

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

I had one for a while, but sold it because of it's ultimately disappointing performance. If it was 4wd it would be so much better. What the hell is the front diff case on there for? Also because of its sheer size, it's a nightmare downtown or on the freeway. No lane splitting.

Also, the drop tanks option looks sh@t. Other than that it has a lot of awesomeness.

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Patriot for life. It can crawl over everything like the Sandking but the Patriot has 4wd and a shorter wheelbase so it NEVER gets stuck. The windows are nice and small too so it is harder to get shot when you are driving.

JerridPrime
  • JerridPrime

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

I love my Sandking XL! Yes, it's terribly unfortunate that it's not 4-wheel drive and I'd love it even more if it was, but I have enough fun t-boning other cars sending them flying. Or just driving over everything! Heck, last night a Buzzard flew a little to low, so I rammed my Sandking into it, it blew up, I drove away. Felt super badass and was shocked I didn't chain-explode. My Crew colour Sandking XL, yes I know the purple is awful, but it's my crew colour. It's staying. Changed the rims though recently to black.0_0.jpg

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Well, aside from the wheels, right?  You get in the slightest of fender benders, and you've got 45 degree angled wheels.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by jdice1980, 22 November 2013 - 06:58 PM.

ERMAHGERD YES!!!!

Please show us all your "I have a small wanker" trucks...if only they made a ballsack mod for the hitch to add to it just to make it clear to everyone you drive your penis around.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

ERMAHGERD YES!!!!

Please show us all your "I have a small wanker" trucks...if only they made a ballsack mod for the hitch to add to it just to make it clear to everyone you drive your penis around.

sumbody iz mad

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

ERMAHGERD YES!!!!

sumbody iz mad

Jealous...haven't seen my wanker in years.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Just read through everyone's comments, and yes I do agree that it's not the mightiest of all Off Road vehicles. But it definitely wins when it comes to looking the most menacing and the hardest hitter. 

I know that there are other alternatives when getting a off road vehicle, but there will be showroom topics about those cars in the near future (Quite excited to discuss those too as well).  And even though the Sandking has rubbish handling and performance, its great design and huge stature makes it great to scare people away... and not to mention run over any obstacle possible.

ERMAHGERD YES!!!!

LOL so good.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

I own one of these because it's huge, and it makes my female player feel tough lol.

Actually I just like how huge it is, if you want preformance just use the entity in all 10 slots of your garage lmao

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

It's incredible how much the looks have changed over the years huh?

I do enjoy taking the XL up the Mountain and driving over the sides, 4wd would be great to go up and over though.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

I love my XL!! Even of its slow its a BEAST!! I remember a couple of weeks ago me and two of my friends survived a five star chase in that thing!! Went through two explosions and didn't blow up itself. Wouldn't trade it for anything else!! I'll try to post some pics when I get out of work.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

I love my XL!! Even of its slow its a BEAST!! I remember a couple of weeks ago me and two of my friends survived a five star chase in that thing!! Went through two explosions and didn't blow up itself. Wouldn't trade it for anything else!! I'll try to post some pics when I get out of work.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

I own one of these because it's huge, and it makes my female player feel tough lol.

Actually I just like how huge it is, if you want preformance just use the entity in all 10 slots of your garage lmao

Lol man I'd be afraid if I saw a woman drive this thing around in real life.

Please don't be one of those people that just cram super cars in their garages, like come on man there's so much cars in the game to love!

It's incredible how much the looks have changed over the years huh?

I do enjoy taking the XL up the Mountain and driving over the sides, 4wd would be great to go up and over though.

Oh yeah, the Sandking went through an overhaul with the looks. I still like the way it looks now though, but if I had to pick I'd take the one from VC haha. 

Sadly that's the only thing it needs, that AWL.

Whoa that's awesome, would've been better if you caught that on video! haha. I never really tested out the Sandking's durability, but I do hear a lot of stories of how much a beating it can take.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:19 AM

Well, aside from the wheels, right?  You get in the slightest of fender benders, and you've got 45 degree angled wheels.

100% armor my friend.

Cjs3315
  • Cjs3315

Kill 'em With Kindness

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

I love the Sandking! I just recently purchased & modded the 2-door SWB version. (Not sure how to post pictures here) I love taking it to the trails & just cruising. :)

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:53 AM

I love my XL!! Even of its slow its a BEAST!! I remember a couple of weeks ago me and two of my friends survived a five star chase in that thing!! Went through two explosions and didn't blow up itself. Wouldn't trade it for anything else!! I'll try to post some pics when I get out of work.[/quote]

Whoa that's awesome, would've been better if you caught that on video! haha. I never really tested out the Sandking's durability, but I do hear a lot of stories of how much a beating it can take.[/quote]

Yea I've always wanted to record my gameplay but I don't have one of those recording thingies, what are they called? PVR or something like that? Does anyone know how much those things are?

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:53 AM

wait, where are the pics? only see 5 of gta5 sandkings

only pic i have of the one i had- http://socialclub.ro...8B0WgTgBB8E4ciA

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

I love the Sandking! I just recently purchased & modded the 2-door SWB version. (Not sure how to post pictures here) I love taking it to the trails & just cruising. :)

Nice, I haven't tried out the SWB version yet, I don't know if that has much difference (performance wise).

Oh and to post just click the picture icon then copy and paste the link in the URL box.

I love my XL!! Even of its slow its a BEAST!! I remember a couple of weeks ago me and two of my friends survived a five star chase in that thing!! Went through two explosions and didn't blow up itself. Wouldn't trade it for anything else!! I'll try to post some pics when I get out of work.[/quote]

Whoa that's awesome, would've been better if you caught that on video! haha. I never really tested out the Sandking's durability, but I do hear a lot of stories of how much a beating it can take.[/quote]

Yea I've always wanted to record my gameplay but I don't have one of those recording thingies, what are they called? PVR or something like that? Does anyone know how much those things are?

Aw yeah I don't got one of those either. But from what I know it's a cable that you plug into your USB from the PS3 and it puts the video to any media player, then you record from there. I just don't know what that cable is called, or any other way to do it. 

wait, where are the pics? only see 5 of gta5 sandkings

only pic i have of the one i had- http://socialclub.ro...8B0WgTgBB8E4ciA

Haha I guess not a lot of people have one or posting em, but at crazy as that looks its still a contribution lol!

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

Hey OP, I really enjoy reading these. If you ever wanna go into free roam and rack up cars for these threads, let me know and I would be happy to. I enjoy myself a good hunt :D Always ends in an awesome photo op.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

Hey OP, I really enjoy reading these. If you ever wanna go into free roam and rack up cars for these threads, let me know and I would be happy to. I enjoy myself a good hunt :D Always ends in an awesome photo op.

Awesome, I'll definitely need help especially with the really rare ones!

binLatin
  • binLatin

El Rey Supremo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

Is the xl the same as the sb just 4 doors instead of 2, what I wanna know are they both the same height?

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

it's disappointing to me. it really isn't that good for smashing things except for t-boning cars. one crash and you're stopped dead in your tracks. I do keep one though, I love how huge it looks with the bedcap and side fuel tanks

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Awesome, I'll definitely need help especially with the really rare ones!
if you let me know ahead of time I can look for the next vehicle you wanna do.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Is the xl the same as the sb just 4 doors instead of 2, what I wanna know are they both the same height?

From what I know yes they are pretty much the same thing except the SWB has 2 doors. I'm not sure if there are any differences performance wise but I would assume it's easier to maneuver because it has a shorter body. 

• Tacts_21 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users