Quantcast

» «
Photo

Evidence of why Revenge ending is canon?

81 replies to this topic
PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

I often wonder about it as well.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

Revenge ending is canon. I dont think Niko would be stupid enough to work for dimitri knowing the backstabber that he is.
  • LeeH1989 and Journey_95 like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

Revenge ending is canon. I dont think Niko would be stupid enough to work for dimitri knowing the backstabber that he is.

That's funny, because once Pegorino told him he actually wouldn't be working with him or see him, Niko was on board with the Deal.

It's not until Roman (somehow) figures out where Dimitri is, and tells Niko, that hunting him down and getting his revenge becomes an option.

ChickenAndBeer
  • ChickenAndBeer

unfunny sh*tposter who needs to die

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

None of them are canon. GTA IV is open-ended, and both are possible.

• lilchris131 likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:23 AM

Ah, the typical dismissive "blow all your sh*t out of the water" post that tells us to stop discussing what choices the writers may or may not have had in mind when writing the story, that would have been used if the game didn't give you a choice.

You're really blowing my mind here.

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Zaibatsu
  • Serbia
  • Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:27 AM

I'm just sitting here wondering why Jimmy is ALWAYS looking at Niko's LifeInvader page.

Jimmy the stalker?

But, it's possible that the revenge ending is the canon ending. Since Roman's taxi service is still open and Niko saying happy birthday to Roman on Lifeinvader.

LeeH1989
  • LeeH1989

Ex Crew Member Of Micheal's...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:43 PM Edited by LeeH1989, 15 April 2015 - 02:33 PM.

Packie only brings up a dead family member because of the topic of robbing banks and Derrick was one of the crew thats why he brought him up, i think derrick died not by Nikos hands, why would Niko kill him when hes worked with him and packie and gerry.

Francis had dirt on Niko and i think he killed Francis because he didn't want to kill derrick, he even says f*ck you, cant kill him! Sorta way. I think revenge is cannon also playboyx, francis and darko dead then revenge is the cannon way i think, the moral Niko anyway.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

No, he brings him up because he's talking about the Liberty City Bank job.

"Michael, god rest his soul, my brother Derrick, god rest his soul, and Niko, who's probably dead too."

Don't get me wrong, I always assumed Niko would kill Francis, but saying "Maybe Derrick died some other way," after hearing that dialogue is biased as hell, and simply dismissive. There's only one way we know Derrick could have died, and that's if Niko killed him.

The options are laid out in front of you. Packie confirms that Derrick is dead. There's two ways this could have happened:

A. Niko killed him.

B. He died a few years after IV's events.

B is just an assumption, whereas A is something we know for a fact could have happened.

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

Smol child.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:15 PM

So the deal ending is not canon? it wasn't made by the writters of the game themselves therefore my other savegame is made-up fanfiction bullsh*t?  jk.

I think the canon ending and the canon decisions are whatever you choose in your game. by this time I think it's pretty clear that the ending of  Niko's story is up to interpretation.

• Excolis and Zello like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

I know that Niko may haven't connected the dots, but why wouldn't he kill Derrick? He ratted out his friends in Ireland. I mean he pretty much Darko'd his own people, minus the death, I guess. Dear old Aiden was innocent and true in saying he was a rat, and a slimeball. Heroin junkie prick who sold his friends down the river. Niko wouldn't endorse that. Francis was an asshole but he's not wrong in his approach. He's corrupt in a good way, better than Haines/Norton IMO, even if they are different branches of government. After all that, Francis can get the heat off you, he appreciated Niko after it was all said and done. Francis wanted you to take out some psuedo-Liberal lawyer who was probably a dickhead anyways. Clarence was a lying sack of sh*t, what Francis said was spot on, how he'd lie himself out of court. Weaselled his way out of being killed by Niko, who spared him out of the goodness of his heart, later on tries to kill Niko in a random encounter. 

• Zello likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:46 PM Edited by Majestic81, 01 April 2015 - 12:46 PM.

Francis was corrupt to the bone. and Niko never liked him at all. he basically blackmailed Niko in the first place. Packie would have probably liked Francis killed rather than Derrick. Derrick never really did anything to Niko. Not to mention how even after Niko killed the guy who was blackmailing Francis, he came back and threatened Niko to kill his brother or he will get him arrested. he was a threat to Niko that had to be put down.

Either ways there is no canon ending to any of those choices. and glad R* kept it that way. 

Naroon
  • Naroon

Saturday Night Beaver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:49 PM

Just because there's a confirmed variation of Derrick's death in IV doesn't mean that's the most plausible way he could've died. Seeing as how he was very obviously a hardcore junkie and a lying slimeball, if Niko spared him (a likely scenario), he would've died either from the drugs or someone else trying to whack him.

GTA V's easter eggs have some evidence that Roman is still alive (Niko posting "happy birthday!" on Roman's page), but ultimately Rockstar decided to play it safe by officially saying that Roman's fate is up to the player.

• LeeH1989 likes this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:43 PM

Jimmy could be looking at a fake profile, as Niko got some fame.

LeeH1989
  • LeeH1989

Ex Crew Member Of Micheal's...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:13 AM Edited by LeeH1989, 15 April 2015 - 03:13 AM.

I think Niko would kill the cop who had dirt on him not someone he knew for abit and done a bank job with his family, francis was the black sheep of the mcrearys in a way, and i think derrick died due to his lifestyle drink drugs or shot
  • Naroon likes this

ZDogN7
  • ZDogN7

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:52 AM

I think Niko would kill the cop who had dirt on him not someone he knew for abit and done a bank job with his family, francis was the black sheep of the mcrearys in a way, and i think derrick died due to his lifestyle drink drugs or shot

that's what I used to think but then I thought...what possible reason would Niko keep Derrick alive. All he does is get drunk, shoot
Herion up his arm and pass out in the park. His life has no meaning. At least Francis is kind of doing something with his life. I don't think Niko would turn down the money from Francis just to save the life of a junkie bum.

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

I don´t know if the "revenge" ending is canon. After the "deal" ending there even is an impressing cutscene, Niko talking to Brucie and Mallorie on the phone while the game shows dark views of the city. "Revenge" seems to be what Niko would do, but Roman is trying to convince Niko to do the deal. So it´s not unlikely he does the deal just for Roman, although he´s not confident.

However, it´s always "revenge" for me. I kinda like Roman.

ZDogN7
  • ZDogN7

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

I don´t know if the "revenge" ending is canon. After the "deal" ending there even is an impressing cutscene, Niko talking to Brucie and Mallorie on the phone while the game shows dark views of the city. "Revenge" seems to be what Niko would do, but Roman is trying to convince Niko to do the deal. So it´s not unlikely he does the deal just for Roman, although he´s not confident.

However, it´s always "revenge" for me. I kinda like Roman.

yeah I agree.
If IV had been a movie I think deal would of been the ending because it's more cinematic and emotional. But if it was real life and Niko was a real person he most likely would of chosen revenge.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Untouchable

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:14 AM

Imma stick to it being revenge. The games motive seems to make you stay in a one minded position of revenge. Even though the whole revenge is about killing Darko and Niko goes quite deep in the past, the plot had made Dimitri become the true person to kill which outweighs Darko.

lastmanonearth
  • lastmanonearth

Je suis Drunken Cowboy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

Roman never died in my playthrough. The only ones who died were Vlad and that chick I didn`t date and didn`t give two sh*ts about.

• Stoney0503 and Naroon like this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:51 AM

You mean virgin Kate ?

what a shame ...

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:01 PM Edited by Irrational, 03 May 2015 - 02:31 PM.

I know it's but wishful thinking, but what if a 3rd ending is what actually happened? In which no one dies.

I've been thinking about what cp1dell brought up and it makes sense.

We need to remember a few things first, if Niko chooses to kill Francis and hangs out with Patrick, Packie will tell you that Derrick went back to Ireland (this makes it unlikely he would be killed by someone, although his drug habits are still on the table).

Francis was always distant from his family, so even if he was alive, would he care? Either way, Packie says he must stay for his mother in the Revenge Ending. In the Deal Ending, however, both Kate's phone call and email suggest she is leaving Liberty City.

Which means that even if the Deal happened, Patrick would have to stay in LC to take care of his mother, as in both cases Kate won't be present.

Although Gerald could have the possibility to escape prison due to the events of TLaD, Kate still mentions on her email that he is locked up, which means she knows nothing about it. Even if Gerry did escape, we know for sure he did not get in contact with his family.

But either way Patrick leaves Liberty City, which means we can only think of three possibilities;

1. Francis decided to take care of his mother, allowing Patrick to leave.

2. Their mother died.

3. Kate is alive and in good terms with Niko (which would imply in this 3rd ending, in which both her and Roman are alive, but it's unrealistic).

• Alchemist likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

I know it's but wishful thinking, but what if a 3rd ending is what actually happened? In which no one dies.

Spoiler

I've been thinking about what cp1dell brought up and it makes sense.

We need to remember a few things first, if Niko choses to kill Francis and hangs out with Patrick, Packie will tell you that Derrick went back to Ireland (this makes it unlikely he would be killed by someone, although his drug habits are still on the table).

Francis was always distant from his family, so even if he was alive, would he care? Either way, Packie says he must stay for his mother in the Revenge Ending. In the Deal Ending, however, both Kate's phone call and email suggest she is leaving Liberty City.

Which means that even if the Deal happened, Patrick would have to stay in LC to take care of his mother, as in both cases Kate won't be present.

Although Gerald could have the possibility to escape prison due to the events of TLaD, Kate still mentions on her email that he is locked up, which means she knows nothing about it. Even if Gerry did escape, we know for sure he did not get in contact with his family.

But either way Patrick leaves Liberty City, which means we can only think of three possibilities;

1. Francis decided to take care of his mother, allowing Patrick to leave.

2. Their mother died.

3. Kate is alive and in good terms with Niko (which would imply in this 3rd ending, in which both her and Roman are alive, but it's unrealistic).

I like your theory, Irrational. I often wonder much the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users