» «
Photo

Not sure where save games are (Not in Vice City user files like many s

4 replies to this topic
Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by Xegethra, 22 November 2013 - 04:42 PM.

(Excuse the title, it is meant to say "like many say")

So I made a few save files screwing around in Vice city, and for ones I have no use for I wanted to delete them.

So I go all the way to my c drive and into my documents and into Vice CIty user files and I delete the save games I don't want. However upon uploading the game, ALL of my saves are still available to load.

This leaves me wondering, if they are not in Vice City user files, where would they be?

Does anyone know, because it seems a bit odd that for me they aren't there, I wouldn't begin to know where to look.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

Search GTAVCsf in Search bar and see what happens.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

That's the only location where the save files are located. Do you have multiple users on your PC? If so, each user would have their own "My Documents"-folder and thus their own save files. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by Xegethra, 22 November 2013 - 06:25 PM.

I am the only user, which makes it a bit odd.

The only thing I could think of was that I have partitioned harddrives, but I checked through all of these. Made sure to delete all of the save files, with the intent of making a new save and seeing which location it pops up in.

But of course, after I delete them all I load up the game and the game still displays saves to load, present and waiting to be loaded up.

The location of them baffles me, I have been in all of the user files folders for Vice City, there are only 3 possible locations for this and I got rid of all of the saves there.

And unfortunately, a search turns up nothing.

ThatGuyWhoMakesThoseThings
  • ThatGuyWhoMakesThoseThings

Scrawny Git

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

Maybe it's a glitch with Vice City? What happens if you try to load the saves?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users