Just Leave Already

25 replies to this topic
MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

My whole family plays together and while after the patch the decrease in RP and Cash made me worry for a minute, we just went out and tried some new things and are still having a fantastic time. This game is amazing. Maybe if some of these ten year olds started out with Pong like I did they would appreciate such an incredible experience as GTA V.

Seriously if you think that posting here cursing demanding and crying about "tuning" is going to change things your sadly mistaken, it just makes you look stupid. There are so many people crying and saying they are done with the game it is silly. If your one of those people then just stop playing and move on already!

We all know your not leaving the game, it's too much fun! So STFU get in game, play the game and have some fun! There is a lot more to the game than having a billion dollars and ten chrome tanks.
  • Hamsterbaffle, Jack Reacher, Shmiqq and 5 others like this

andymci
  • andymci

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Agreed. I think the new generation,( i.e. post-internet) don't realise how good these games actually are. There isn't a session played where i'm not amazed by the visuals.

Back in the day, when I first clocked vector graphics on Battletank, I thought I was in the future!

• Massive Roy, RooftopSniper and MrHollick like this

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Even for me, the graphics are astonishing and I'm only 24. Coming from Super Mario Bros on Nintendo and Sonic on the Sega Genisus, our games today are simply amazing.

But I do agree that those complaining about not being able to buy their chrome tanks (really glitch but whatever), should do us all a favor and play CoD Ghost or something.
  • MrHollick likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Yep these kids don't know what it's like to drop quarters into a machine and play for hours blowing up black n white rocks in space and no game save and progressively getting harder and faster and then dying eventually and have nothing to show but your three initials on the leaderboard to brag about..
  • ToBContinued08, Kahkenbols, andymci and 1 other like this

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

OP mow looks stupid... oh the irony

RooftopSniper
  • RooftopSniper

Valar Morgulis

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Even for me, the graphics are astonishing and I'm only 24. Coming from Super Mario Bros on Nintendo and Sonic on the Sega Genisus, our games today are simply amazing.

But I do agree that those complaining about not being able to buy their chrome tanks (really glitch but whatever), should do us all a favor and play CoD Ghost or something.

Chrome tanks blow up prettier than normal ones.

• MrHollick likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

My whole family plays together and while after the patch the decrease in RP and Cash made me worry for a minute, we just went out and tried some new things and are still having a fantastic time. This game is amazing. Maybe if some of these ten year olds started out with Pong like I did they would appreciate such an incredible experience as GTA V.

Seriously if you think that posting here cursing demanding and crying about "tuning" is going to change things your sadly mistaken, it just makes you look stupid. There are so many people crying and saying they are done with the game it is silly. If your one of those people then just stop playing and move on already!

We all know your not leaving the game, it's too much fun! So STFU get in game, play the game and have some fun! There is a lot more to the game than having a billion dollars and ten chrome tanks.

Pong was my first game too but why would you start a thread in a forum you just joined telling people how to play, call them stupid, and tell them to stfu?

I hate a chrome adder as much as any reasonable person and I like this game but seriously take your own advice and stfu.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

They are lucky because they can get patches and updates to fix the problems arise but us if there was a glitch or a problem with the game there was no fix we had to play the game as is. They want everything to be perfect but the truth is nothing is perfect. It's not just the kiddos though it's a wide range of ages compling about this. I read a thread the other day where the guy said he and his friends have sold their copies of GTA because of all the problems and it doesn't have certin things like Cops & Robbers which was in GTA IV. The game has ONLY been out two months and they expect everything to be perfect right away and thing just because something isn't within the game now it never ever will be like i said the game is only two months old they just now released their very FIRST DLC the first of many and R* has said there is a lot more to come but people today not just kiddies are impatient and want everything now. Those who sell their games are going to regret it and will have to pay all over again to buy it back when they find out that everything they wanted is finally in GTA V. Be patient there is A LOT more stuff to come in GTA V.
  • GrndZero likes this

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Flawless argument, great comparison.

Never mind the fact that technology is a lot more complicated nowadays and things like patches are common. In fact most multiplayer games are almost completely dependant on them. Altering the experience should be based on customer feedback, not to their own agenda.

Oh, remember that time the forum was flooded with people were asking for blanket nerfs to payouts and RP gain!? Twice! No me neither.
We were sold this product on a promise of heists and content creator. Nearly 2 months in what do we have? A broken bottle and flip flops.
Every move screams cash card and no paying customer wants to feel like they're just part of a cash cow once they've already paid for a product, in a certain condition nonetheless.

I think you're mistaking frustrated customers wanting this game to be great with complaining. Everybody who has played past gta games knows rockstar are a great dev, one of the best in fact, but they're dropping the ball here, they'll lose many faithfull customers in the name of 'business'.

Airborne82
  • Airborne82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

Seriously more power to the people.People paid money for a game.they have the right to complain about it if they want.This is America a free country or what's left of it anyways..You don't wanna hear people's opinions or whining don't read it..You have that choice..

You wanna tell people how they should act or think go back to nazi germany.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:00 PM Edited by Malibu454, 22 November 2013 - 11:03 PM.

Cash cards are bullsh*t!
Unless there's a new map pack then it's worth it
There trying use the iPhone app bullsh*t "To advance more in the game or have more shiny stuff, give us more money"
No need for cash cards cause hours after a patch the glitch is all over the Internet
The game is still f*cking awesome!!
I'm hooked👍👍👍
I haven't watched TV since it came out.

therealBOZEEL
  • therealBOZEEL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

Seriously more power to the people.People paid money for a game.they have the right to complain about it if they want.This is America a free country or what's left of it anyways..You don't wanna hear people's opinions or whining don't read it..You have that choice..

^^this

paid my money for the game, i can say what i want and not give a sh*t what you think about it.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

what to make of this...

• MrHollick likes this

richardhj
  • richardhj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

Never mind the fact that technology is a lot more complicated nowadays and things like patches are common. In fact most multiplayer games are almost completely dependant on them. Altering the experience should be based on customer feedback, not to their own agenda.

Oh, remember that time the forum was flooded with people were asking for blanket nerfs to payouts and RP gain!? Twice! No me neither.
We were sold this product on a promise of heists and content creator. Nearly 2 months in what do we have? A broken bottle and flip flops.
Every move screams cash card and no paying customer wants to feel like they're just part of a cash cow once they've already paid for a product, in a certain condition nonetheless.

I think you're mistaking frustrated customers wanting this game to be great with complaining. Everybody who has played past gta games knows rockstar are a great dev, one of the best in fact, but they're dropping the ball here, they'll lose many faithfull customers in the name of 'business'.

Totally agree.

Nothing to do with "oh you don't know how good you have it" argument. Yes the game is great, pre patch game was Better!! If a product is fine and you change it and make it worse, damn right we can complain.

Please see below example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

Or the whining about the game costing 60 bucks. Remember 2600 cartridges cost 50 bucks in 1980. Games today are a great bargain.   

• MrHollick likes this

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

No...this is the internet. Are you lost?

super cool driving skills

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

you play gta with your whole family, whats that scenario like?

Hahn
  • Hahn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

what to make of this...

Oh...the irony

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

you play gta with your whole family, whats that scenario like?

It's really great! We roam around doing jobs having a great time, don't have to worry about getting people that don't know what they are doing much easier to work in sync as a team.

Very fortunate to have a wife that enjoys the game and who would have ever guessed she would but its awesome!

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Or the whining about the game costing 60 bucks. Remember 2600 cartridges cost 50 bucks in 1980. Games today are a great bargain.

Indeed I spend as much going to see a movie with the wife and kids that lasts a whole two hours at best. So sixty bucks for countless hours of entertainment is a bargain if you ask me.
  • Hamsterbaffle likes this

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Totally agree.

Nothing to do with "oh you don't know how good you have it" argument. Yes the game is great, pre patch game was Better!! If a product is fine and you change it and make it worse, damn right we can complain.

Lol yeah the New Coke was a huge bomb!

Did I like the bigger payouts and RP? Sure I did! But they are gone so just gotta move on. Seriously now that we have been exploring more stuff we are making just as much if not more money and having a much funnier time I think :)

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

@ MrHollick
How do have that setup?
Do you have multiple consoles on same router w/ family Xbox live?

richardhj
  • richardhj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

Totally agree.

Lol yeah the New Coke was a huge bomb!

Did I like the bigger payouts and RP? Sure I did! But they are gone so just gotta move on. Seriously now that we have been exploring more stuff we are making just as much if not more money and having a much funnier time I think :)

I dunno, i won't say i overly care about the RP it is more the money rewards. 

As previously said i have reached a point online where i don't actually need the money.. which is just as well. 

Previously i saved up for a week to get the Entity XF. If i wanted to aim for one now even winning most of the races given the maximum payout on a lot of races is around $2000, say on average i was getting $4000 (which is now ambitious) id have to win (not come 2nd or lower) just over 198 races...

Now that would be great if there was so much to do to win this money but even ignoring races, doing other stuff, missions, robbing stores, death matches, all good fun but unfortunately i have already done most of them to death, even with the few new races added with the beach bum pack i will end up doing most of them to death in a week (if that).

Think my point is, I have enjoyed the game online with some friends, i had goals to aim for, getting money for an apartment and nice cars. I got this money by doing missions and races and although there were ways to grind certain races that needed fixing i thought the reward u got for winning a race with 16 people for example was fair. Although i had to do a lot of these missions/races to get the money i had fun doing it knowing full well that if i did well i'd get a good reward and wouldn't have to grind for weeks to get the money.

Now, i couldn't realistically aim for a good car (defo not a tank) so all there is to do is do these things for the fun of it. Don't get me wrong they are very fun and i have had a great time doing them but i have done them all so much now with out the incentive knowing i am aiming for something as it would take me weeks of grinding to get there i really don't see me sticking around playing this game much longer.

Trust me i am not here to dump on this game, i had massive hopes for it and have really enjoyed it, i just feel they have de-incentivised players, essentially saying you can play the game but to get the nice car and nice stuff you need to play for hours and hours and hours.

I don't want to be overly cynical but it just feels R* have made it so you end up feeling you need to purchase the cash cards. But for one am definitely not buying any of these cash cards..

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

Good for you pal. Nice to hear about someone having a laugh.

SprayNpray
  • SprayNpray

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by SprayNpray, 25 November 2013 - 10:54 PM.

i get your intention, and i generally agree, except you have to realize that with all these new games out and the increase in technological power, the standards have greatly risen. do you think if pong was released now, people would play it? hell no. people are allowed to point out flaws and dislike gta 5, because of this fact. if you think gta 5 is this amazing ( it is pretty damn good), have you even tried fallout 3, the last of us, or assassins creed 2? now that is what i call amazing.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

those kiddie wimpy baby whiners complaining too much about the game obviously never played NES games in their lifetime, especially Contra and Jackal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users