Photo

I've about had it

22 replies to this topic
the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

I gave up playing for about a week out of frustration and came after this last update. I thought things would be better but yeah, f*ck me right? I have barely got any time in tonight due to these rotten servers. Right now I have been staring at the clouds waiting to go back in the game after mission for probably five minutes. I'm constantly getting kicked becaustof time outs, even after waiting for as little as 10 seconds (no exaggeration). This sh*t is pathetic and I have about had it. Cutting mission payouts, weak ass DLC and STILL server issues! And on top of that, I get constant notifications that my car was destroyed or impounded even with all cars in my garage. Yes, it's minor but just more proof to me that I don't see things being ironed out for a looooooong time. By that time I'll have moved on though.

Who wants to buy my gently used copy of gta v lol

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

Manually changing settings in your provider will change those problems for the better ...

Airborne82
  • Airborne82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

True that man I thought I was the only one having these problems..I've been kicked offline 7 times now in the past 4 hours..Not to mention I just won a 1st place criminal records and got 460 dollars like wtf seriously!!?

RavageTheEarth
  • RavageTheEarth

Evo Killer

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

*hugs*

On a serious note I feel ya man. Personally, I feel that the server problems is really your internet connection settings. I never get kicked and I rarely get timed out. On the other hand, the nerfed racing sucks. I totally understand cutting the huge XP boost in criminal records and other races, but don't cut the money!! R* is just driving more and more people to glitching.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

I have these server problems too but i think it has something to do with my xbox. Maybe heat or age or something else. I have aroommate who also plays and he has much much fewer problems than i do. He loads into everything considerably faster than i do and rarely gets timed out. I on the other hand will completely lose it if i drive my adder down the highway. Graphics fail to load, whole city blocks vanish then the freezing starts...eventually it just drops me. I have much fewer problems in a solo session...and for some reason races are fine.

Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

They are trying to get people to buy the cash on the ps store. Like they havent made enough money.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:58 AM Edited by the_samich, 23 November 2013 - 08:26 AM.

The more I think about it, the funnier I think it is. When online first launched, I had next to zero issues and am still playing with my original character but now is when I have issues. I'll check with time warner and see if I can get a new router since this one is about seven years old. Or maybe they changed my mbps. They did that a couple years ago without telling me.

Or maybe I'm just being bitch slapped by karma.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Messianic JoyChrist

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Wifi or cable?
Shared connection - is the other person getting priority? Is the whole building online?
Peak times?
Speed test results (on a computer)?

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Wifi or cable?
Shared connection - is the other person getting priority? Is the whole building online?
Peak times?
Speed test results (on a computer)?

I have a cable going from my router to xbox as I know wireless degrades the speed some. It's just my own personal connection in my house and I only play around midnight until 7 am est. I haven't done a speed test in a couple months but I'll do one again since I can't recall the results.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Messianic JoyChrist

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Ok. Try switching parts: i.e Swap your Xbox for your roommate's - any difference? Or try new cables. Try and eliminate parts one by one until you zone in on what is at fault.

The rest of us DO get disconnected occasionally, but that's a part of online gaming. However judging by your frustration, it's happening a lot more to you. Try comparing your roommate's experiences to yours, see what is different.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

My only roommates are my wife and kids haha. I understand a disconnect every now and then is inevitable but it seems to happen more than a couple times when I play anymore. What settings for the xbox could I change?

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Messianic JoyChrist

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

No idea, I'm PS3.
Oh wait, in which case, "buy a PS3".

Phone your Internet provider, see if they can test speed or advise on your setup.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

No idea, I'm PS3.
Oh wait, in which case, "buy a PS3".

Phone your Internet provider, see if they can test speed or advise on your setup.

Already have PS3 and not buying same game again. I played on the 24th and everything was peachy. Played this morning and was horrible again. At one point it wouldn't let me join a mission, threw me back in freemode where I was in first peraon view. I could move my head and use my phone but couldn't walk then in an attempt to change sessions it froze. I'm on vacation this week so I'll go ahead and call time warner.

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:20 AM Edited by GabbyGums, 26 November 2013 - 12:21 AM.

Another one of these "I'm quitting" threads....
if you can't deal with a few problems it's best you don't play online games at all.

• Crimson Glyph, PSgtaplayer1 and BoeserBengel83 like this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

Make a sammich while your waiting to connect..😉😢😉🍞🍞🍧🍧

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

Before I came to my folks for Turkey-Day Break... I had a devil of a time just connecting to GTA:O.... I had been trying to get an Invite Only Session... and I would time out every time.... It stopped after I just tried joining a regular session and was fine on Friday and Saturday until I left.  Strangely enough, I do get a message stating that my personal vehicle has been destroyed.... When it hasn't.

Very odd.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

if you can't deal with a few problems it's best you don't play online games at all.

Wow, very insightful post. You, sir, win the thread. Nowhere does it say "I'm quitting" you f*cking J.O. What it DOES say is that "I've about had it".... with the connection issues and other piddly sh*t.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

Make a sammich while your waiting to connect..😉😢😉🍞🍞🍧🍧

You better believe I do. Turkey, colby jack, tomato all on potato bread.... good sh*t.

PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Dub Nation

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:32 AM Edited by PSgtaplayer1, 26 November 2013 - 05:33 AM.

Wow, very insightful post. You, sir, win the thread. Nowhere does it say "I'm quitting" you f*cking J.O. What it DOES say is that "I've about had it".... with the connection issues and other piddly sh*t.
Technically, your post does imply that you're quitting the game. It doesn't directly say that you're going to quit the game, but the way you phrased the entire post definitely had the "I'm quitting" notion. Especially at the end of the OP which said "Who wants to buy my gently used copy of gta v." So yeah, definitely sounds like an "I'm quitting" type of thread.

To stay on-topic though, it's actually your internet that's causing long loading times that eventually lead to errors. I've had this problem also, but it's because my bro usually streams shows on the computer and just slows down the net so much.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

Technically, your post does imply that you're quitting the game. It doesn't directly say that you're going to quit the game, but the way you phrased the entire post definitely had the "I'm quitting" notion. Especially at the end of the OP which said "Who wants to buy my gently used copy of gta v." So yeah, definitely sounds like an "I'm quitting" type of thread.

To stay on-topic though, it's actually your internet that's causing long loading times that eventually lead to errors. I've had this problem also, but it's because my bro usually streams shows on the computer and just slows down the net so much.

Next time I'll note my sarcasm.

I guess it could be my net but I remember others having trouble around the same time so figured it was more server issues. Now it just seems to be every other session I have trouble.

PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Dub Nation

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

Next time I'll note my sarcasm.
I guess it could be my net but I remember others having trouble around the same time so figured it was more server issues. Now it just seems to be every other session I have trouble.

That was supposed to be sarcastic? I barely saw the slightest sign of sarcasm in that post. Probably because not a lot of people can really tell if someone's being sarcastic on the internet or not.

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

I used to play GTA with a wireless connection and was always being dropped or kicked or just freezing. I've since changed my set up to allow me to use a cable and the consistency of my sessions has changed dramatically for the better. In the 3 weeks I've been running the cable, I've been dropped from a session maybe twice? And I play nearly every day.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

I used to play GTA with a wireless connection and was always being dropped or kicked or just freezing. I've since changed my set up to allow me to use a cable and the consistency of my sessions has changed dramatically for the better. In the 3 weeks I've been running the cable, I've been dropped from a session maybe twice? And I play nearly every day.

Yeah, I changed it to wired a while ago and it's a little better but still iffy at times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users