Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hey look, it's this thread again.

Hey look, it's this useless post again.

Hey look, it's sleepy187 starting an unnecessary quote train again. 

Contribute or shut up. 

---

I miss the pool, but I have a feeling that will be added back in at some point. 

Who are you to tell me to shut up?

Positive reactions to the game from players. 

Oh wait, no, we had nothing but negativity when IV was released as well, because it also wasn't San Andreas.

I don't see you contributing over there mate, hypocrisy at its finest.

• Tacymist likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by gta_aus, 22 November 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Something I noticed while playing before, I miss when you're in a car and someone tries to open your door and you time it right and drive off while their hand is stuck there and it was really fun to do watching them flop around.

It's still there :)

Oh what, really? All I can seem to do is either drive off or let the person pull me out of the car, there's no in between. Any tips? How did you do it?

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

It has happened me couple of times pretty randomly. I was accidentally ramming one vehicle. Driver got out and ran towards my card and tried to open door (or grab it) while I started to drive off and he got stuck there by hand for couple of seconds. It doesn't happen always, but I've seen that.

cunningstunt
  • cunningstunt

take it easy

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Cops and crooks
  • 2281 likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

I hated IV, but some of the things listed here (like leaving the car on when exiting and working street vendors) seemed like no-brainers to be included in V.

Also, after seeing the limb damage in RDR, you would have thought R* would have carried this over.

Saying it again...so many missed opportunities to make GTA V the ultimate game.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Cops actually arresting peds instead of killing them right of the bat. The cops and AI in V are sh*t compared to IV's. :/

• theGTAking101 likes this

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Cops actually arresting peds instead of killing them right of the bat. The cops and AI in V are sh*t compared to IV's. :/

V's cops are just trigger-happy. ;)

But yeah, it's a bit weird to get shot at for petty crimes. I even once tested the cop AI by calling to the cops at Grove Street while nothing was happening there. Well, cops came, and started shooting random gangsters for no reason. Of course the Grove Street people shot the cops no trouble, but still, weird behavior from the cops...

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

But yeah, it's a bit weird to get shot at for petty crimes. I even once tested the cop AI by calling to the cops at Grove Street while nothing was happening there. Well, cops came, and started shooting random gangsters for no reason. Of course the Grove Street people shot the cops no trouble, but still, weird behavior from the cops...

just like the real LAPD.....

• Niko Vercetti 112 likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

:miranda:

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

facepalm.gif

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by Official General, 23 November 2013 - 09:38 AM.

* More accessible interiors like fast food outlets, restaurants, nightclubs and hospitals.

* Crime-related side missions, like dealing drugs, stealing cars for import/export, police database vigilante etc.

* Calling armed thugs for backup like Dwayne's boys.

* Much better and interesting storyline.

* Dealing with various, different crime groups and gangs as main theme of the story.

• theGTAking101 likes this

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by darkdayz, 22 November 2013 - 04:13 PM.

The typical GTA story arc. Franklin kind of had it, but I didn't spend enough game hours with him to care that much like the other games. These are the problems with having 3 characters. Yes this is a game and gameplay mechanic comes first, and for that the 3 characters is an immense addition to the GTA world. But, I kind of love GTA for the journeys you go on with the certain game protagonist. There was no journey in GTA V, the story wasn't for me. Too many choices as well. I think the gamer would prefer a well thought out ending that has to happen, rather than 3 not so thought out ones to choose from.

I've always thought about this too - the game is about heists, and you spend all the game preparing for heists and executing them. An ideal ending for me would be a multi mission thing, where the hiest doesn't go as planned. Ending on something else felt a little irrelevant to me.

Not enough good guys died either, it was all too happy for the protagonists in the end.

• QuietJosh likes this

h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

1. Eating food from stalls

2. Not failing mission if going too far from area

3. Stupid cops

4. Sultan RS, the looks, the drive, the sound etc

5. Some old cars, Blista Compact, Sentinel, Turismo etc

5. Leave engine running whilst exiting car

6. Whistle for taxis

7. Little Jacobs rasta slang language

8. Online cops and crooks, hangmans noose

I remember when my health was low whilst on a mission, I will run to the nearest food stall to regenerate my health haha

• QuietJosh likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 22 November 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Oh wait, no, we had nothing but negativity when IV was released as well, because it also wasn't San Andreas. 

This right here  :^:

Remember the days when people could just be happy and enjoy a GTA? That all changed after the release of San Andreas. As good as that game was, it seems to have created an army of entitled brats who won't be happy until they get everything their own way - exactly how you'd expect an entitled brat to act.

"What's that son? No planes or car customisation or haircuts or countryside in IV? Ok, we'll bring that back for V"

"What's that son? Now there's not enough gangbanging activity or not enough interiors, despite the thought we tried to add a few new things since we brought back most of the other stuff you bitched and whined about? Would you like us to just make a goddam SA 2.0 already?"....

And on and on the whinge train chugs...and now even some IV fanboys are getting on board.

You just know what's going to happen when VI arrives...

I guess I'm just glad I'm part of the evident majority who can appreciate what R* do, and not let any fanboyism for their previous games get in the way.

• Fuzzknuckles, Wolfhuman, WorldWideFM and 1 other like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

This right here  :^:

Remember the days when people could just be happy and enjoy a GTA? That all changed after the release of San Andreas. As good as that game was, it seems to have created an army of entitled brats who won't be happy until they get everything their own way - exactly how you'd expect an entitled brat to act.

"What's that son? No planes or car customisation or haircuts or countryside in IV? Ok, we'll bring that back for V"

"What's that son? Now there's not enough gangbanging activity or not enough interiors, despite the thought we tried to add a few new things since we brought back most of the other stuff you bitched and whined about? Would you like us to just make a goddam SA 2.0 already?"....

And on it on the whinge train chugs...and now even some IV fanboys are getting on board.

You just know what's going to happen when VI arrives...

I guess I'm just glad I'm part of the evident majority who can appreciate what R* do, and not let any fanboyism for their previous games get in the way.

Are you my lost brother?

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

1. IV's vigilante mode.

2. Immobilizing people. The way you could seriously hurt someone and then watch to see if they survive or bleed out.

3. In-car taxi view. In fact, just interiors in general.

4. Eating snacks from vendors.

5. Cops actually attempting to catch you alive.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

^ You can still whistle for taxies

@SonOfLiberty

Few peds? You're making me laugh, if you think IV has more peds than V then go to Star Junction and see how'll only be like 4 people walking and a tourist aimlessly taking potos plus a couple of cops doing beat patrol.

Where as in V if I go to the oriental threather i'll see a couple of buskers and Animators dressed as Republican Space Rangers with a crowd of 16 people taking pictures or smoking a cigarrete, eating a donut and calling others, a couple of hobos on the Street taking a drink from a bottle.

If I go to the Northern Police Station around the projects in Algoquin i'll see cops in groups just aimlessly staring around eachother next to a injured guy then proceeding to walk away starting a normal beat patrol.

If I go to Mission Row i'll see a couple of Police Officers who have stopped at Homeless people ordering to move out, i'll see a couple of hobos  in tents under the Textile City Bridge or laying against a Wall, taking a drink too. If I go to the Police Station i'll see Police Officers starting beat patrols going out of the station or just the locker room and checking in to an officer with a clipboard, sometimes i'll see them in groups talking to eachother about 'Murica or how disrespected they are.

I just don't know how LC is even more alive...

• WorldWideFM likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Contribute or shut up. 

---

Not even in the post you quoted?

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Contribute or shut up. 

---

Not even in the post you quoted?

What?

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

A lot of things already mentioned here millions of times

But at rockstar are smart
Sam: ''why we don't put all the best features from past installments in GTA v ?''
Dan and Leslie: ''what ? Are you out of your mind ? That way no one would play that crap anymore''

Dan: ''even better, what about cutting out even the cute interiors we made and let them accessibles only during story missions ?''

Leslie: '' brilliant, you're a genius mate, that way probably some dumb asses would play again that crap story written by your 8 year old son ''

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

All of these above.

I know you aren't gonna miss this touch but the GPS voice "in 50 yards turn right (Ding Dong)" "Turn left then immediately left (Ding Dong)" "you have arrived"

That GPS voice was fine until I started doing MP Co-op missions, glad I could turn it off.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

All the news articles on the internet in IV are stored and can always be accessed no matter how far in you are in the game, so you can't miss anything. Not only that, but there were multiple news site that told the same story through their different perspectives.

In V, there's only one version for each news available, and news article disappears as soon as you complete a new mission or even side missions that has articles related to it. Therefor you have to search and refresh the web browser often to get all of the new details. However, Bleeter messages and LifeInvader comments are always stored and can always be retraced.

Also, I liked checking into the police database in IV and see how it would continuously update throughout the story, listing people as either deceased or missing or in custody. Although they didn't bothered to update it with the Episodes of Liberty City.

As you can see these are but pretty minor details for complaints, but that's the thing. In my regard, GTA V did so many things right on its own, there isn't much a can complain about what lacks here or what was it didn't do better.

I mean for every small detail I might dislike I will soon find another that I greatly appreciate as an improvement.

Pressing one button to enter the taxi instead of holding it and risk having your character steal the cab for example, was an improvement.

And while I can miss the stand-up comedy and cabaret from IV, in V I've got ... well, alright yeah, nothing to replace that.

Taking off 'eating' as one of the hang out activities too was a bit odd.

But now we've got no loading times and a near streamless experience, a less restrained ammo count for your arsenal, impound vehicle service to retrieve missing vehicles!

And it goes on and off like that. I will complain at one point on the smaller amount of dialogues available with your friends during hang-out. But then I will praise the small 'talk' function made available with the average pedestrians, and the 'flipping off' you can do while driving.

Sure I wished all the elements were combined into one massive package. But I guess there's a reason why each past GTAs are so replayable, because they each have their own charm and reasons to be enjoyed on their own.

They improve the series without diminishing the values made by each entry, so to speak.

• grandola and BFR579 like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

^ You can still whistle for taxies

@SonOfLiberty

Few peds? You're making me laugh, if you think IV has more peds than V then go to Star Junction and see how'll only be like 4 people walking and a tourist aimlessly taking potos plus a couple of cops doing beat patrol.

Where as in V if I go to the oriental threather i'll see a couple of buskers and Animators dressed as Republican Space Rangers with a crowd of 16 people taking pictures or smoking a cigarrete, eating a donut and calling others, a couple of hobos on the Street taking a drink from a bottle.

If I go to the Northern Police Station around the projects in Algoquin i'll see cops in groups just aimlessly staring around eachother next to a injured guy then proceeding to walk away starting a normal beat patrol.

If I go to Mission Row i'll see a couple of Police Officers who have stopped at Homeless people ordering to move out, i'll see a couple of hobos  in tents under the Textile City Bridge or laying against a Wall, taking a drink too. If I go to the Police Station i'll see Police Officers starting beat patrols going out of the station or just the locker room and checking in to an officer with a clipboard, sometimes i'll see them in groups talking to eachother about 'Murica or how disrespected they are.

I just don't know how LC is even more alive...

Maybe you need to go to Star Junction again. 4 peds? I was playing GTA IV the other day and there were way more than 4 peds occupying. That's a load of sh*t and you know it.

Yes around the oriental theatre it's pretty busy, but in random side streets and other neighbourhoods they're normally dead.. Even in random streets In LC there's normally a decent amount of peds around.

As for the cops I've still never seen them actually
arrest anyone and place them into their car.

I admit some things are better like firefighters responding to fires and such, but it should be better in all ways not just some.

Though in saying that my opinion is unchanged. LC is still a more alive city.

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

All the news articles on the internet in IV are stored and can always be accessed no matter how far in you are in the game, so you can't miss anything. Not only that, but there were multiple news site that told the same story through their different perspectives.
In V, there's only one version for each news available, and news article disappears as soon as you complete a new mission or even side missions that has articles related to it. Therefor you have to search and refresh the web browser often to get all of the new details. However, Bleeter messages and LifeInvader comments are always stored and can always be retraced.

Also, I liked checking into the police database in IV and see how it would continuously update throughout the story, listing people as either deceased or missing or in custody. Although they didn't bothered to update it with the Episodes of Liberty City.

As you can see these are but pretty minor details for complaints, but that's the thing. In my regard, GTA V did so many things right on its own, there isn't much a can complain about what lacks here or what was it didn't do better.

I mean for every small detail I might dislike I will soon find another that I greatly appreciate as an improvement.

Pressing one button to enter the taxi instead of holding it and risk having your character steal the cab for example, was an improvement.

And while I can miss the stand-up comedy and cabaret from IV, in V I've got ... well, alright yeah, nothing to replace that.
Taking off 'eating' as one of the hang out activities too was a bit odd.

But now we've got no loading times and a near streamless experience, a less restrained ammo count for your arsenal, impound vehicle service to retrieve missing vehicles!

And it goes on and off like that. I will complain at one point on the smaller amount of dialogues available with your friends during hang-out. But then I will praise the small 'talk' function made available with the average pedestrians, and the 'flipping off' you can do while driving.

Sure I wished all the elements were combined into one massive package. But I guess there's a reason why each past GTAs are so replayable, because they each have their own charm and reasons to be enjoyed on their own.

They improve the series without diminishing the values made by each entry, so to speak.

Thank you for this. That's exactly how I feel.

I miss the armor not showing in your character, but I love that there are more options to customize your character.

I miss the police records from IV, but I love the new COP AI.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

Well, went back to Start Junction and I still managed to find like 6 pedestrians walking around, the ones driving don't count.

I understand your love for LC, but when you say its even more alive than LS you know you're delusional.

• Tacymist likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

1. Ragdoll Physics
  2. Pushing peds
  3. Swingsets
  4. Alive and smart city
  5. GPS Voice
  6. Bowling
  7. Roman
  8. Solair, Stallion and other awesome cars
  9. Pay and Spray
  10. No stupid Gold/Silver/Bronze Medals on missions.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

I still don't see how LC was smart and alive.

It was sure smart that if I wait at a redlight out of nowhere 10 SUVs will ram me and cause a huge mess causing everyone nearby to drop anything they had in their hands and turn around looking at me then walking away like if it never happened.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

Well, went back to Start Junction and I still managed to find like 6 pedestrians walking around, the ones driving don't count.

I understand your love for LC, but when you say its even more alive than LS you know you're delusional.

So I'm delusional for having a view a lot of people share? I'm not the only one.

I don't think LS is necessarily a bad city, but whenever I walk around trying to soak it in everything feels fake and almost cartoon like.

Sure there are some things peds do differently, but it also regresses. This is a fact. Not me expressing an opinion.

The lack of general interiors doesn't help either.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

I'm laughing at the people who say the cop AI is bad. The cops may be aggressive, but they're certainly smart. Once a cop came behind and rammed me while the other parked in front of me, trapping me. I tried to run away but I was shot to death.
GTA V cops > GTA IV cops

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

You weren't talking like if it was your lone opinion, you were talking like if it was a fact that LC was 24/7 filled with people doing several different activities.

Regarding Interiors there are quite a lot such as

- The Pacific Standart Bank

- Fleeca Banks scaterred 'round the map

- 24/7s

- The heavily detailed strip club with different and unique faces.

- The Sandy Shores Bar

- Ammunations with or without shooting Ranges

- Barber Shops

- The Bugstars Warehouse

- The Merryweather Warehouse

- The Mission Row PD which is the counterpart of IV's hospitals

- Smoke on the Water Weed shop in Vespucci Beach

- Los Santos Custom garages

- Personal Garages

- Tattoo Parlors

- The Fort Zancudo ATC

- Devin Weston's Hangar

- The Kortz Center

All of them being always accesible during freeroam, so saying that there is a general lack of interiors is plain bullsh*tting in my eyes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users