Quantcast

» «
Photo

is auto aim disabled for high level players?

46 replies to this topic
aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

Havent read the whole thread but if it has not been posted yet this is likely what happened.

you had a buddy at some point in a free aim session and you joined his game it quickly notified you that the aiming would be changed but you didnt pay attention and you joined it. maybe it was even just for a race so aiming doesnt even matter. but since it switched over to free aim it locked it in also in single player. so when it saves everytime you will be back in free aim when you join unless you go back to single player and change it back to auto aim or join a friends session that is in auto aim.

that said you are that high level and dont want to take the time to use free aim you are just cheating yourself from a more satisfying gaming experience.

the same people who bash on money glitchers for "ruining their own fun" are often the same people who play on auto aim and its really the same thing. you ruin your own fun by resorting to letting the ai aim for you. trust me when you finish a hard mission solo in free aim its 10x more gratifying then finishing it on auto aim. its the same with buying that entity after legitly grinding the money vs glitching for it.

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

As a casual online gamer, in fact this only being the second game I ever played online, it is safe to say that I would be completely useless in free aim lol.  I can sit here and honestly tell everyone that I am garbage at shooters and some of us that are terrible at shooters can find satisfaction in auto aim where your disadvantage doesn't always hinder you and make you a liability on your team.  So yes I need auto aim lol

Way to many games cater to the casual gamers. I don't give a flying f*ck if you suck. If you are sh*t at shooters you are still sh*t even with assistance. You'll never been on the same level as us, no matter how much assistance you are given. The sooner games stop catering to the casuals and the carebears the better. "Waaaahhhh shotgun too OP" "Waaahhhh too hard to earn money" "Waaaahhh boss fight takes to long".....DONT f*ckING PLAY IT. 
I don't buy fishing gear and complain how long it takes to catch a fish. Buy games you'll have time for and f*ck off.
The reason why "way to many" games cater to casual gamers is because...surprise! they usually make up a large percentage of any given game's fanbase. Games that tend to be marketed towards 'serious gamers' (lol) tend to have niche audiences at best.

GTA is one of the most 'mainstream' series out there, so it's to be expected that it caters to casual gamers.

I remember Halo started appealing to the super-casual audience and it lost 90% of its fan base in months.

really though? auto aim makes gtav super casual? never mind the fact that auto aim has always been in?  when did gta become an elitists game?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

really though? auto aim makes gtav super casual? never mind the fact that auto aim has always been in?  when did gta become an elitists game?

When cheating was frowned upon in V but perfectly acceptable in the others.

Not to say auto-aim is cheating, it's there to be used, but the standards have apparently become very high in this game.

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

Uhhhh....no, a fanbase are players who stay with a game and continue to play it. Not leave it as soon as the next COD title comes out. I agree games should cater to the casuals to sell copies, but at some point any player should have enough skill to play without assistance. Auto Aim needs to be removed at 120, As a casual gamer reaching 120 would take you quite a while, MONTHS even! Even as a casual you should have figured out what does and doesn't work by then if you haven't left the game. 1-20 Classic GTA Aim 20-70 Assisted Aim 70- xxxx Free aim is what I think needs to happen.

GTA has always been a 'casual' series, at least since GTA3, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

As far as removing auto-aim at a certain level, why? Not everyone levels up by shooting or doing deathmatches. Why should some racer or golfer have their auto-aim taken away? What's wrong with keeping it as an option for everyone? I like free aim in free roam myself, but sometimes I use AA when soloing missions. If the NPCs have magical aiming abilities, why shouldn't the player?

I guess I don't really see the issue here, since players with different aiming preferences are (mostly) segregated anyhow.

I guess I can understand that. I think players should atleast be given the option to use freeaim in any lobby. I can't tell you how many times I've been with a friend in cover and someone runs up to us and I pull out my shotgun and it targets my friend instead of the person I want it to.

huh you can.. its the same as gta4.. just don't press left trigger when aiming. even an auto aim noob like myself knows this. 

Not the same and you know it.

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

As a casual online gamer, in fact this only being the second game I ever played online, it is safe to say that I would be completely useless in free aim lol.  I can sit here and honestly tell everyone that I am garbage at shooters and some of us that are terrible at shooters can find satisfaction in auto aim where your disadvantage doesn't always hinder you and make you a liability on your team.  So yes I need auto aim lol

Way to many games cater to the casual gamers. I don't give a flying f*ck if you suck. If you are sh*t at shooters you are still sh*t even with assistance. You'll never been on the same level as us, no matter how much assistance you are given. The sooner games stop catering to the casuals and the carebears the better. "Waaaahhhh shotgun too OP" "Waaahhhh too hard to earn money" "Waaaahhh boss fight takes to long".....DONT f*ckING PLAY IT. 
I don't buy fishing gear and complain how long it takes to catch a fish. Buy games you'll have time for and f*ck off.
The reason why "way to many" games cater to casual gamers is because...surprise! they usually make up a large percentage of any given game's fanbase. Games that tend to be marketed towards 'serious gamers' (lol) tend to have niche audiences at best.

GTA is one of the most 'mainstream' series out there, so it's to be expected that it caters to casual gamers.

I remember Halo started appealing to the super-casual audience and it lost 90% of its fan base in months.

GTA until 4 really wasn't a competitve game. GTA4 has sh*tty thrown together multiplayer so it wasn't a huge deal. But when you make the online portion out to be competitve multiplayer but take out the skill it's not that competitve.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

The auto aim was is the past (GTA III era) GTAs because of a lack of a proper shooting mechanic, and because of technology restriction.

Now GTA V has a proper (not perfect but good enough) shooting mechanic, and if you played the game on free aim from the start (GTA V single player), found the right sensitivity, you would not even think about switching to auto aim, and you would be able to aim yourself.

My accuracy is quite the same as any auto aim user, and I play free aim only.
I'm neither casual nor hardcore gamer. I just choosed free aim from the start.

Auto aim should NOT be in any modern game. Even third person shooters.

• GabbyGums likes this

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

The auto aim was is the past (GTA III era) GTAs because of a lack of a proper shooting mechanic, and because of technology restriction.

Now GTA V has a proper (not perfect but good enough) shooting mechanic, and if you played the game on free aim from the start (GTA V single player), found the right sensitivity, you would not even think about switching to auto aim, and you would be able to aim yourself.

My accuracy is quite the same as any auto aim user, and I play free aim only.
I'm neither casual nor hardcore gamer. I just choosed free aim from the start.

Auto aim should NOT be in any modern game. Even third person shooters.

i started out the game on free aim.. tweaked every possible control.. came down to assisted aim, then auto aim, but i liked assisted aim better because it didn't totally snap to enemies.  My point is, personally, open world games are not meant to be played with free aim, due to the fact that the characters are so tiny.  The same could be said about SOCOM games, but that is actually a shooter.  GTA... not so much.  So for my sanity, and further enjoyment of gtav, I have decided to stay with assisted aim, just as RDR.  I will keep hope alive, that eventually, a sandbox game will come out that has perfect free aim that doesn't grant advantage to tiny NPCs that has perfect aim from afar.. 

IH8PITT
  • IH8PITT

Let's Go Mountaineers

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

Traditional GTA Aim Master Race. :lol:

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:51 AM Edited by OurJud, 22 November 2013 - 03:53 AM.

Why is it so hard for companies to understand removing skill from games ruins the experience for everyone but the sh*tty casuals.

Don't talk such bollocks!

Why should casual gamers be forced to play at a level they're not comfortable with, potentially ruining the game for them?? Options should ALWAYS be the way forward. You have your free-aim lobbies, we have our assited-aim lobbies, so stick to your 'hardcore' gaming and quit your whining!

And if you're whining because no one bothers with the free-aim lobbies, then perhaps you should ask yourself why that is.

• SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom and Str1p3s like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:07 AM Edited by WBaker, 22 November 2013 - 04:07 AM.

I'm going to post this again for the cheap seats. Autoaim forces strategy into combat. Free aim is cool and all but being able to out think your opponent is much harder than free aim. Well, sometimes. Plus, in auto aim you still have free aim at range.

@master race crap... that sounds too Hitler-esque. Couldn't you tweeners find a better role model?

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

I'm going to post this again for the cheap seats. Autoaim forces strategy into combat. Free aim is cool and all but being able to out think your opponent is much harder than free aim. Well, sometimes. Plus, in auto aim you still have free aim at range.

@master race crap... that sounds too Hitler-esque. Couldn't you tweeners find a better role model?

Strategy = camping covered at a corner + poping out and instantly killing people by only pressing 2 triggers

Yeah... "strategy"

396756.jpg

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

Why all that? lol, putting words in my mouth and making my post out to be something that it isn't

I'm not complaining about anything, you can look through my post history and will never see a complaint unless it's some small inconvenience that everyone already knows about.  And I never said anything about trying to be better. Not trying to establish any dominance among auto aimers or whatever, I just want to play the game, I love playing the game.  If it was free aim only I would still play, yes I would suck lol but since there is an option to play the way that I am more comfortable with, why not?  

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by WBaker, 22 November 2013 - 04:49 AM.

Strategy = camping covered at a corner + poping out and instantly killing people by only pressing 2 triggers

Yeah... "strategy"
396756.jpg
You're right. It's impossible to flush out a camped player. If only we had tear gas, grenades, sticky bombs, rpgs, or could flank.

:p

Edit: or sniper rifles or grenade launchers or entity's that are invulnerable from the rear, or anything else I forgot.

Seriously, how does moving your reticle better than I move my reticle amount to more skillful than killings someone who can shoot you dead close/medium range no problem?

IH8PITT
  • IH8PITT

Let's Go Mountaineers

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:57 AM

Ok, I'll go with another, then.

why-so-butthurt-iichan.jpg

You should learn to take a joke. :pp

marcolampie
  • marcolampie

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

what is the difference between assisted and traditional gta ?

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

get rid of our blips on the map

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

Autoaim should be disabled after level 10.

TJK319 for President.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users