Quantcast

» «
Photo

is auto aim disabled for high level players?

46 replies to this topic
RapidRampage245
  • RapidRampage245

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

I can't auto lock onto any player or ai anymore after the patch I go into settings and try and change it but its blacked out can't select its locked at assisted aiming and I message other players in game and its fine for them I'm level 166 btw

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

You need to go into single player and adjust it there...then launch back into online play(you're currently in a freeaim lobby and you need to switch back to autoaim lobby).

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by malcolmfunktion, 22 November 2013 - 01:58 AM.

This Happened to me...go back into single player and change it there, then go back online and it should be back to auto aim...i don't know why...

Edit: Beaten to it...and now I know why :)

TJK319
  • TJK319

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

Autoaim should be disabled after level 10.

• Rockwheels, iiGh0STt, who-dat and 2 others like this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by DillBagnr, 22 November 2013 - 01:59 AM.

I can't auto lock onto any player or ai anymore after the patch I go into settings and try and change it but its blacked out can't select its locked at assisted aiming and I message other players in game and its fine for them I'm level 166 btw

I play free aim, and people like you crack me up.   Every once in a while, somebody from an aim-assist lobby comes on and starts trying to pick fights, and then complaining about how their auto-aim doesn't seem to work and it's not fair because everybody else has auto-aim but theirs is broken.  They just can't seem to figure out how the game works, even if they've been playing it long enough to get up to level 166 or something.

• aurther61287 likes this

Darkclox
  • Darkclox

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

I play free aim, and people like you crack me up.   Every once in a while, somebody from an aim-assist lobby comes on and starts trying to pick fights, and then complaining about how their auto-aim doesn't seem to work and it's not fair because everybody else has auto-aim but theirs is broken.  They just can't seem to figure out how the game works, even if they've been playing it long enough to get up to level 166 or something.

why so butthurt?

anyways, try to change from free aim to assisted aim in history mode.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

OP, just stop playing auto aim already.

why so butthurt?

anyways, try to change from free aim to assisted aim in history mode.

How was that butthurt exactly ?
At best he was just "loling" at those people when he would come accross some online.

RapidRampage245
  • RapidRampage245

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

lol I was just wondering because I didnt remeber joining a non auto aim lobby and out of no where I just couldn't auto aim so I thought that was one of the changes in the update

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:26 AM Edited by Thisguyherenow, 22 November 2013 - 02:27 AM.

As a casual online gamer, in fact this only being the second game I ever played online, it is safe to say that I would be completely useless in free aim lol.  I can sit here and honestly tell everyone that I am garbage at shooters and some of us that are terrible at shooters can find satisfaction in auto aim where your disadvantage doesn't always hinder you and make you a liability on your team.  So yes I need auto aim lol 

• SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom and OurJud like this

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

Autoaim should be disabled after level 10.

Aye.

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

As a casual online gamer, in fact this only being the second game I ever played online, it is safe to say that I would be completely useless in free aim lol.  I can sit here and honestly tell everyone that I am garbage at shooters and some of us that are terrible at shooters can find satisfaction in auto aim where your disadvantage doesn't always hinder you and make you a liability on your team.  So yes I need auto aim lol 

Way to many games cater to the casual gamers. I don't give a flying f*ck if you suck. If you are sh*t at shooters you are still sh*t even with assistance. You'll never been on the same level as us, no matter how much assistance you are given. The sooner games stop catering to the casuals and the carebears the better. "Waaaahhhh shotgun too OP" "Waaahhhh too hard to earn money" "Waaaahhh boss fight takes to long".....DONT f*ckING PLAY IT. 

I don't buy fishing gear and complain how long it takes to catch a fish. Buy games you'll have time for and f*ck off.

• FR_Player-One, aurther61287 and Ewok626 like this

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

well said.. who needs skill when you just wanna have fun? why is that so hard for some people to understand? 

• OurJud and mrkush90 like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

Autoaim puts more focus on strategy rather than aiming. Not that I'm against free aim.

Different strokes for different folks.
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom and IH8PITT like this

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 22 November 2013 - 03:01 AM.

Way to many games cater to the casual gamers. I don't give a flying f*ck if you suck. If you are sh*t at shooters you are still sh*t even with assistance. You'll never been on the same level as us, no matter how much assistance you are given. The sooner games stop catering to the casuals and the carebears the better. "Waaaahhhh shotgun too OP" "Waaahhhh too hard to earn money" "Waaaahhh boss fight takes to long".....DONT f*ckING PLAY IT. 

I don't buy fishing gear and complain how long it takes to catch a fish. Buy games you'll have time for and f*ck off.

The reason why "way to many" games cater to casual gamers is because...surprise! they usually make up a large percentage of any given game's fanbase. Games that tend to be marketed towards 'serious gamers' (lol) tend to have niche audiences at best.

GTA is one of the most 'mainstream' series out there, so it's to be expected that it caters to casual gamers.

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

well said.. who needs skill when you just wanna have fun? why is that so hard for some people to understand? 

Who needs fun when you have skill? I seem to have a bundle of fun in free aim lobbies, so do the people who I kill or I am killed by. Why is it so hard for companies to understand removing skill from games ruins the experience for everyone but the sh*tty casuals. It's been proven time and time again, sure games that require more skill often have a smaller fanbase, but those fans are there because they enjoy the challenge and stick with the game for a longer period of time. Often they also are the same fans who purchase DLC or other content. 

Casual gamers buy the base game and that's it. If they didn't have time for the base game they don't have time for the DLC either. Games that cater to the casual population lose their skill based players. Casuals are casuals for a reason, they come, they f*ck sh*t up (not in the good way either) and leave. As soon as COD Ghosts and BF4 came out 50% of the casuals flocked off. Changing or making a game for people who will leave anyway is a horrid idea. But gaming is all about the money now....so why wouldn't you design a game based around selling copies? I know I would, but i also would design it with the mindset that casuals LEAVE. After 120 Freeaim should be turned off. If by 120 you can't play without free aim you are so f*cking sh*tty you shouldn't be playing anyway.

I really hope Rockstar will convert everyone to freeaim at some point. I love it but deathmatches in free aim lobbies just don't happen.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

Is level 166

Can't play without auto aim.

:cool:

So basically a level 10 free aim only user can easily take you down and dominate you, lol.

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

your parents must be so proud of you 

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

The reason why "way to many" games cater to casual gamers is because...suprise! they usually make up a large percentage of any given game's fanbase. Games that tend to be marketed towards 'serious gamers' (lol) tend to have niche audiences at best.

GTA is one of the most 'mainstream' series out there, so it's to be expected that it caters to casual gamers.

Uhhhh....no, a fanbase are players who stay with a game and continue to play it. Not leave it as soon as the next COD title comes out. I agree games should cater to the casuals to sell copies, but at some point any player should have enough skill to play without assistance. Auto Aim needs to be removed at 120, As a casual gamer reaching 120 would take you quite a while, MONTHS even! Even as a casual you should have figured out what does and doesn't work by then if you haven't left the game. 1-20 Classic GTA Aim 20-70 Assisted Aim 70- xxxx Free aim is what I think needs to happen.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:03 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 22 November 2013 - 03:08 AM.

It's not just you, or the fact you're a 'casual gamer'.

There are a lot of people who are proper gamers, but have never used a console for a first person shooter. For FPS or strategy I always use a PC so my aim is never quick enough to keep up with the Call of Duty boys and I'm not compelled to get better at as this is the only MP console game I play that involves shooting (only other would be Forza).

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

Wow, unnecessary rage much?

mister2au
  • mister2au

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

Get rid of auto-aim .... and catchup in races ... and Merryweather ... and Lester ... and that stupid mechanic

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

Uhhhh....no, a fanbase are players who stay with a game and continue to play it. Not leave it as soon as the next COD title comes out. I agree games should cater to the casuals to sell copies, but at some point any player should have enough skill to play without assistance. Auto Aim needs to be removed at 120, As a casual gamer reaching 120 would take you quite a while, MONTHS even! Even as a casual you should have figured out what does and doesn't work by then if you haven't left the game. 1-20 Classic GTA Aim 20-70 Assisted Aim 70- xxxx Free aim is what I think needs to happen.

GTA has always been a 'casual' series, at least since GTA3, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

As far as removing auto-aim at a certain level, why? Not everyone levels up by shooting or doing deathmatches. Why should some racer or golfer have their auto-aim taken away? What's wrong with keeping it as an option for everyone? I like free aim in free roam myself, but sometimes I use AA when soloing missions. If the NPCs have magical aiming abilities, why shouldn't the player?

I guess I don't really see the issue here, since players with different aiming preferences are (mostly) segregated anyhow.

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:08 AM Edited by GabbyGums, 22 November 2013 - 03:09 AM.

GTA has always been a 'casual' series, at least since GTA3, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

As far as removing auto-aim at a certain level, why? Not everyone levels up by shooting or doing deathmatches. Why should some racer or golfer have their auto-aim taken away? What's wrong with keeping it as an option for everyone? I like free aim in free roam myself, but sometimes I use AA when soloing missions. If the NPCs have magical aiming abilities, why shouldn't the player?

I guess I don't really see the issue here, since players with different aiming preferences are (mostly) segregated anyhow.

I guess I can understand that. I think players should atleast be given the option to use freeaim in any lobby. I can't tell you how many times I've been with a friend in cover and someone runs up to us and I pull out my shotgun and it targets my friend instead of the person I want it to.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

Why in the hell is anybody giving a sh*t about someone else using auto aim unless you get blasted all the time because your in free aim. Lot's of peoples eyes can't adjust quick enough for free aim. 

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

I guess I can understand that. I think players should atleast be given the option to use freeaim in any lobby. I can't tell you how many times I've been with a friend in cover and someone runs up to us and I pull out my shotgun and it targets my friend instead of the person I want it to.

huh you can.. its the same as gta4.. just don't press left trigger when aiming. even an auto aim noob like myself knows this. 

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

Now that is the part I don't like. If they just locked your friend/crew in free mode like they do with everyone in survival. If they did that I think a lot of the stupid giant crews would split up.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

Do you not consider gta1 & 2 to be casual? I thought the GTA3s were the most challenging of the series.

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

Do you not consider gta1 & 2 to be casual? I thought the GTA3s were the most challenging of the series.

I didn't include those because I hardly remember GTA1 and never played GTA2.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

The reason why "way to many" games cater to casual gamers is because...surprise! they usually make up a large percentage of any given game's fanbase. Games that tend to be marketed towards 'serious gamers' (lol) tend to have niche audiences at best.

I remember Halo started appealing to the super-casual audience and it lost 90% of its fan base in months.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

Wow, unnecessary rage much?

Unnecessary rage is basically GabbyGums' M.O.

Can be Impotent Rage's sidekick or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users