Quantcast

» «
Photo

So I Came Across A Guy Tank-Spawn-Camping...

55 replies to this topic
aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

you can hit people in passive mode with the turret like a baseball bat and kill them that way in passive mode. some guy went in passive mode vs me and jumped on a ledge. i just swiped my turret over the hedge and it knocked him onto the ground then i drove over him and killed him. he rage quit the server after that.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

you can hit people in passive mode with the turret like a baseball bat and kill them that way in passive mode. some guy went in passive mode vs me and jumped on a ledge. i just swiped my turret over the hedge and it knocked him onto the ground then i drove over him and killed him. he rage quit the server after that.

Yep.  You need to be aware of that when teasing the twankers.  You need something that's either high enough to avoid the turret, or gives you enough room to avoid it, like a railed part of a walkway.

• aurther61287 likes this

ruined10
  • ruined10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

I joined a lobby, and did some things in LSC for a while, drove a distance and got blown up by a guy in a tank. I respawned, and was about to go somewhere, when a guy in an Adder came up, honked his horn quite a bit, before driving off quickly. A few seconds later, it came clear he may have been trying to warn me of something, as the same tank driver came up and killed me, as I was on the phone. This happened me and at least three other players. Eventually, I had gotten enough and got my own tank. By then, he was being trapped by the police in an alley way.

I drove up, blew up his tank. Finally, I was going to be able to show him how it felt like being spawn camped, or run over after turning passive mode on, in a tank.

As soon as he died, he rage-quitted. I sent him a strongly worded message while he still "online", and within seconds he set his status to "offline". I highly doubt he actually turned the Xbox off, and was just trying to avoid somebody who managed to kill him.

If you're going to spawn camp, why do you have to be such a loser and leave when somebody can beat you? Seriously.

Why do You have to tell people such pointless stories lol this happens in just about every game of gta it's no big deal lol You kill someone who killed You they leave end of story You didn't need to publish a memoir about it is this Your first time playing gta or something lol ? Seriously 

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

Story time.

Yesterday I was driving the Dump truck from the Quarry to the helipad, where I had a Cargobob waiting. I wanted to carry the Dump truck around and have fun with seeing reactions of players. A player in a Buzzard shot a rocket in my direction, but seemed to change his mind about shooting the thing and left. As I kept driving to the city, I suddenly came across a bridge that was too low for the Dump truck to fit under, so I went on top of the bridge and jumped off, jumping over another player in the process. Turns out this guy was in a TANK, and he didn't hesitate to shoot the enormous Dump truck on sight.

Annoyed at how long it took me to drive the thing to the city, I decided to get my revenge. I called my own tank, hid my location on the map and took him by surprise. He never had a chance, his tank was destroyed and he was out in the open. I spawn killed him a few times before he left. 

The guy that was in the Buzzard before seemed to also have business with this fellow - He turned up in a Lazer this time and mistook me for the other guy in the tank, and started shooting me. I ditched the tank in an alleyway and shot the Lazer with a Heavy sniper. After this, an epic fight started between me and this guy, stretching over the whole map, using a lot of different vehicles and weapons. After killing each other around 8 times, we suddenly stopped shooting each other and teamed up, flying a buzzard around and shooting other players with the co pilot rockets.

Good times.

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

I thought a good way of teaching a tank griefer spawn camping me was to start a 1 on 1 deathmatch where I would own him with skill.. Turns out he gets to keep his tank in DM and killed me another 5 times.

WTF. This is why i'll stop playing, stupid sh*t like this.  I couldn't even leave game through start menu as death closes start menu and had to dashboard.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Right, you don't enjoy PvP. This is a PvP game. You really should stop playing. Trade it in and get a single-player game that you'll actually like.

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:59 PM Edited by LeSuede, 22 November 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Been playing since launch and have been on both sides of the board. In the tank and on-foot.

Trust me, you get better at both. Just keep playing, don't give up and eventually you'll be a badass pedestrian as well as a badass tank, and the game will only get better for it.

I have spawn camped a few times when I first unlocked my tank (sorry, new toy syndrome). Now I never do it, BUT I still use my tank for a variety of reason ( trolling shenanigans, bounty hunting and hunted, messing with friends, giving it away to noobs so they can have some fun,etc) and I'll still blow you up once if you're in my way.

Funny thing nowadays is that people got cocky with tanks thinking ramming them is cool, so they still keep coming back lol.

Meh, they'll learn eventually. I even warn them over the mic : "You sure you want to keep running/driving right in my direction? You know ramming has been fixed, right ?". No response. "Ok then". And BOOM goes the dynamite.

They are just mad because it now takes 30 PVs to send you to bad sport, SO unless you are genuinely tank griefing and thus getting 15 players systematically ramming their PVs into you, then you will never get sent to BS (even if you get a few warnings that day).

So just stop being mad and have fun :p

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:08 PM Edited by AzraelX, 22 November 2013 - 01:12 PM.

giving it away to noobs so they can have some fun\
This is the best use of the tank, makes for some hilarious television watching :p

I always give them my personal tank though, so I can kick their ass out if they try to turn on me, and then use it to spawn camp them.

They are just mad because it now takes 30 PVs to send you to bad sport, SO unless you are genuinely tank griefing and thus getting 15 players systematically ramming their PVs into you, then you will never get sent to BS

Genuinely tank... PKing? Spawn camping? I'm not sure what you meant since "griefing" is a nonsense word in this context.

Edit: Also, I liked what someone was calling PKers in tanks: "twankers". Sounds like a neologism for a "tankers" and "wankers".

Wanker665
  • Wanker665

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

I joined a lobby, and did some things in LSC for a while, drove a distance and got blown up by a guy in a tank. I respawned, and was about to go somewhere, when a guy in an Adder came up, honked his horn quite a bit, before driving off quickly. A few seconds later, it came clear he may have been trying to warn me of something, as the same tank driver came up and killed me, as I was on the phone. This happened me and at least three other players. Eventually, I had gotten enough and got my own tank. By then, he was being trapped by the police in an alley way.

I drove up, blew up his tank. Finally, I was going to be able to show him how it felt like being spawn camped, or run over after turning passive mode on, in a tank.

As soon as he died, he rage-quitted. I sent him a strongly worded message while he still "online", and within seconds he set his status to "offline". I highly doubt he actually turned the Xbox off, and was just trying to avoid somebody who managed to kill him.

If you're going to spawn camp, why do you have to be such a loser and leave when somebody can beat you? Seriously.

Quitted isn't a word.

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:23 PM Edited by LeSuede, 22 November 2013 - 01:32 PM.

giving it away to noobs so they can have some fun\
This is the best use of the tank, makes for some hilarious television watching :p

I always give them my personal tank though, so I can kick their ass out if they try to turn on me, and then use it to spawn camp them.

They are just mad because it now takes 30 PVs to send you to bad sport, SO unless you are genuinely tank griefing and thus getting 15 players systematically ramming their PVs into you, then you will never get sent to BS

Genuinely tank... PKing? Spawn camping? I'm not sure what you meant since "griefing" is a nonsense word in this context.

Edit: Also, I liked what someone was calling PKers in tanks: "twankers". Sounds like a neologism for a "tankers" and "wankers".

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm on the same page as you really, but I just can't help feeling sympathetic to those that still struggle with tanks so I don't mind using their vocabulary.

Sure, when you are new and you encounter your first tank and eventually get farmed I can understand the frustration. It's like putting a chihuahua versus a grizzly bear in the same boxing ring an then asking the chihuahua to say "good game" after the match.

But any players worth a damn (weird thing to say I know) will go through the learning curve and learn that tanks are no big deals. Yes, they are lethal but they aren't a problem once you know how the meta-game works.

First they learn that passive exists.

Then they learn that you need to carry cash to use passive.

Then they discover that tanks can still run you over so climbing is good.

Then they find out that once hidden/in cover/on a roof, they can get out passive mode and attack the tank back. It almost looks like they could use passive to lure/trick the tank whenever they wanted to.

Eventually they learn what weapons to use against a tank.

And one day, they realize they can use the whole sum of their knowledge to take one down.

Ah the beauty of learning <3

And lol at twankers xD

• AzraelX likes this

aNsWeRkEy02
  • aNsWeRkEy02

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

just snipe him while inside their tank..it pisses them off thinking they should be invincible inside that thing..lol

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

I edited your post to account for a seemingly large portion of these forums.

First they learn that passive exists.

Then they learn that you need to carry cash to use passive.

Then they discover that tanks can still run you over so climbing is good they ragequit and go on the forum to bitch about how worthless passive mode is

Then they find out that once hidden/in cover/on a roof, they can get out passive mode and attack the tank back. It almost looks like they could use passive to lure/trick the tank whenever they wanted to.

Eventually they learn what weapons to use against a tank.

And one day, they realize they can use the whole sum of their knowledge to take one dow

That seems more accurate regarding quite a few people here lol :p When anyone tries to say that passive mode is useless, they immediately lose any and all credibility. It's the most powerful defensive tool in the game, especially versus tanks where nearly all other defensive options are rendered ineffective.

I know what you mean though, it's definitely a learning process. I went through the same thing, first time I went up against a tank on foot I ended up destroying it, after dying a dozen times and wasting a ton of RPGs. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing lol.

Most critical step in making tanks worthless against you is learning how to use passive mode. It's extremely effective, while everything else is not. It's literally the difference between dying 20+ times and dying 0 times.

Combine that with Off The Radar, and you can casually stroll away from any tank encounter without so much as a scratch.

• LeSuede likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:11 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 22 November 2013 - 02:11 PM.

The turret is also known as the Twank-shaft ;)

(Especially if used to hit people who are in passive mode.)

• iiGh0STt likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Ahh that should be inserted in the learning progression, right after "climbing is good".

"Then they learn not to stand within a few feet of the tank" lol. I think everyone's had that moment.

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:16 PM Edited by LeSuede, 22 November 2013 - 02:24 PM.

Ahh that should be inserted in the learning progression, right after "climbing is good".

"Then they learn not to stand within a few feet of the tank" lol. I think everyone's had that moment.

Still happens to me sometimes when the tank goes off the radar lol. Sneaky, sneaky twankers xD

One of my best memories as a tank was running over a couple of players who were in their cars at full speed (same crew and one had a bounty on them) while off radar.

I lol'd. They lol'd. It was a great day in GTA Online.

• AzraelX likes this

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 22 November 2013 - 03:07 PM.

Just go passive mode, sheesh.

The fact that you were going to try and grief him back makes you lame as well.  

All you have to do is go passive and get to an elevated position.  Now he can't do sh*t. 

passive mode will not save your ass from a tank. might as well duck under a desk when they drop a nuke. your only hope is to be able to climb higher up than the turret can aim. good luck with that when the game spawns you right in the blast radius 95% of the time.

...and my bad. I just unlocked the tank last night and went mad with power for a bit. I did sort of grief two players but I did warn them. just stop charging at my tank and I wont kill you. I was more focused on the police and took out 50 helicopters. went up half a level just with the 5 star chase in the tank.

* it would help out players a lot if rockstar unlocked the tank busters in ammunation before level 70. the heavy sniper everyone brings up unlocks at level 95 or something. not gonna help a level 12 defend themselves from a twanker spawn trapper.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 22 November 2013 - 03:08 PM.

passive mode will not save your ass from a tank. might as well duck under a desk when they drop a nuke. your only hope is to be able to climb higher up than the turret can aim. good luck with that when the game spawns you right in the blast radius 95% of the time.

If someone's in passive mode then you can only kill them by running them over (assuming they're on foot).  You can shoot the crap out of someone in passive mode and it does nothing.  I regularly stand there letting twankers try and blow me up.  It proves the mentality of that type of player when it takes a good 10-15 shots before they realise I ain't gonna die.

That's when they start to try and drive over me, and that's when my fun begins.

• AzraelX likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by AzraelX, 22 November 2013 - 03:12 PM.

You shouldn't expect logic from someone who says "passive mode won't save you from a tank" immediately followed by "it's impossible to escape a tank because they blow you up".

Not to mention trying to sound cool for calling himself "sort of a griefer" just because he managed to kill someone a few times in a PvP game.

It's like how I'm "sort of a hacker" by posting this reply on a forum.

When anyone tries to say that passive mode is useless, they immediately lose any and all credibility. It's the most powerful defensive tool in the game, especially versus tanks where nearly all other defensive options are rendered ineffective.
I did sort of grief

Thanks, I think we get the picture now.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

they need bradleys and strykers in this game. f*ck tanks.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I just laugh at players who need a tank to spawn kill someone. 

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

I just laugh at players who need a tank to spawn kill someone.

After you left, a little while later I spawn killed this level 25 trying to take a crate drop from me about 17 times with the Heavy Sniper.

Lol it was pretty funny.

Passive Mode > Tank

It's not that damn hard to avoid one. It's a tank, it doesn't move fast or manuevar well. Sheesh.
  • AzraelX likes this

monsterxavi
  • monsterxavi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Well I kill people who deserve 2 get kill. Just dont run away. I got a tank n t

monsterxavi
  • monsterxavi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Well I kill people who deserve 2 get kill. Just dont run away. I got a tank n kills who ever deserve it. Someone had a tank so u went took out his tank. N I left it at that. He came a again with another tank n we fought n he blew my tank up. He spawn kill me a few time into I was able 2 blow his tank up. He got into passive mode. N his friend come out of no were n blee up my tank. They both gang up on me. Im no pu*** I dont run away even if I die n die n die. I got the best soon enough. Guess what they both get into passive mode. Same a leaving. Cant handle the heat n they run. Pu***. People like that piss me off. That why I better than u I lovr a challenge
Philly crime family

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

OP talks about being a loser, yet Avatar is MLP. f*ck I'm done with this planet.

This.

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Went on a tank rampage again tonight, 60+kills and as soon as my tank blew up I left the session. I know how much that pisses you off guys.

Que a lobby full of pissed off players sending me hatemail.

bahahahjahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

i love how people assume someone being owned by a tank just rage quit. i have been on both ends of the sh*t stick as im sure most players have encountered someone they cannot seem to escape at this point in the game...

all i can say is, why waste your time? unless that person follows you in your tank, who cares. they went into passive mode. go find an actual target instead of being an annoying tank statistic.

when no one is battling me (if i am in a tank) then i go for 5 stars. pretty easy to escape if you know how.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users