Quantcast

» «
Photo

So I Came Across A Guy Tank-Spawn-Camping...

55 replies to this topic
BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by BloodRedSpark, 22 November 2013 - 12:57 AM.

I joined a lobby, and did some things in LSC for a while, drove a distance and got blown up by a guy in a tank. I respawned, and was about to go somewhere, when a guy in an Adder came up, honked his horn quite a bit, before driving off quickly. A few seconds later, it came clear he may have been trying to warn me of something, as the same tank driver came up and killed me, as I was on the phone. This happened me and at least three other players. Eventually, I had gotten enough and got my own tank. By then, he was being trapped by the police in an alley way.

I drove up, blew up his tank. Finally, I was going to be able to show him how it felt like being spawn camped, or run over after turning passive mode on, in a tank.

As soon as he died, he rage-quitted. I sent him a strongly worded message while he still "online", and within seconds he set his status to "offline". I highly doubt he actually turned the Xbox off, and was just trying to avoid somebody who managed to kill him.

If you're going to spawn camp, why do you have to be such a loser and leave when somebody can beat you? Seriously.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

OP talks about being a loser, yet Avatar is MLP. f*ck I'm done with this planet.

But this behavior is common. That's something you'll see in more than just GTA, any multiplayer open world game. People who can get an advantage over another will just use it and if they lose that advantage, get upset. It's just common. The fact that you're concerned about it is a little more worrying. Easier to just let it go and laugh at the fact that all it took was fighting fire with fire to get piss em off.

• EyeMacHunt, kstowe, Retardation and 3 others like this

BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

OP talks about being a loser, yet Avatar is MLP. f*ck I'm done with this planet.

This guy talks about other being a loser, but he's obviously trying to be a band-wagoner to seem cool. I'm done with this planet.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:12 AM Edited by scubadave, 22 November 2013 - 01:14 AM.

howd you get away to get your tank? did you call your mechanic? how does a tank get blocked in my police?

just want to know in case i encounter this idiot.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Just go passive mode, sheesh.

The fact that you were going to try and grief him back makes you lame as well.  

All you have to do is go passive and get to an elevated position.  Now he can't do sh*t. 

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

I had something like this just yesterday. Two douchbags by the names of Texas-Bender and pacman4531 or something were in free mode, they both placed bounties on eachother and were in a wall breach spot. After being killed once by them I switched to passive mode got myself in there to confirm thats where they were, then starter to msg him saying he is a disgrace and to keep his wallbreaches in SP. (They just killed anyone that got close even blowing up pv's)

They knew what I was going to do but still couldnt stop it, the moment I came of passive mode shotgunned one of them for 9k and then fell off the map, other guy blew himself up. Then they tell me Ive started a war.

Next came some spawn battles, all fair but they were gettting owned coming in a pair most times id kill both of them and keep moving. I got sick of this so I got my tank and camped the movie strip. Long story short I ended up stealing this clowns tank and he leaves immediately. His stupid friend messages me saying I "I need the tank"... Clearly I'm the one that needs it.

These guys were so bad its understandable why they would need to wallbreach in MP.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

> OP takes the joke offensive

> Ignores the topic and returns with a trollish response

Tanks aren't really difficult to evade. The problem is when people care too much about when another player is in a tank, that's when people die and get annoyed by them. They're like bears. They're strong but they're dumb as bricks and if you out smart them than they are harmless. (I hope bears are adequate as a relative example.)

In fact, I've had some of the really fun times in V by playing Infantry vs Tanks. You can have alot of fun, especially if the tank is an idiot (which most are).

• iiGh0STt and LeSuede like this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

I joined a lobby, and did some things in LSC for a while, drove a distance and got blown up by a guy in a tank. I respawned, and was about to go somewhere, when a guy in an Adder came up, honked his horn quite a bit, before driving off quickly. A few seconds later, it came clear he may have been trying to warn me of something, as the same tank driver came up and killed me, as I was on the phone. This happened me and at least three other players. Eventually, I had gotten enough and got my own tank. By then, he was being trapped by the police in an alley way.

I drove up, blew up his tank. Finally, I was going to be able to show him how it felt like being spawn camped, or run over after turning passive mode on, in a tank.

As soon as he died, he rage-quitted. I sent him a strongly worded message while he still "online", and within seconds he set his status to "offline". I highly doubt he actually turned the Xbox off, and was just trying to avoid somebody who managed to kill him.

If you're going to spawn camp, why do you have to be such a loser and leave when somebody can beat you? Seriously.

The best thing to do after cleaning up a lobby of tards is blow your own tank up and leave before they can get a single kill on you, it leaves them all frustrated and angry about how there is no recourse.

• aurther61287 and ZeroDivision like this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

I enjoy my own special kind of trolling, I blow up personal vehicles all the time now with no regards to bad sport because no fuc*ks are given. I don't do the regular RPG/Sticky bomb though, I get creative with it :p

• DevsNzL likes this

gunslinger88
  • gunslinger88

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

cry more

or start-->online--> find new session

or even make a private session 

or grow a pair and snipe the driver out the back ;)

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

The OP used all the correct terminology, there's a reason the word "grief" was nowhere to be found.

Spawn camping might make you an asshole, and PKing might make someone mad, but neither one makes you a griefer.

ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

The best thing to do after cleaning up a lobby of tards is blow your own tank up and leave before they can get a single kill on you, it leaves them all frustrated and angry about how there is no recourse.

Or drive it off a pier. Being underwater should give you the time you need to find a new session. No fuss.

About time lung capacity was good for something!

• biggsull likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

But i feel ya TC, this guy and his buddy were rampaging in tanks, killing players too, I'm not one to shy away from action so I took it to the ground, one of the guys was a bad sport i could tell by the dunce cap, not sure if it was like that when I joined or if I caused it but I rammed my buffalo into him multiple times, and he blew it up when he saw me coming multiple times so maybe it was a factor. Turns out tanks cant handle well aimed RPG shots, he kept calling it in though so I just got mine and killed them again, they never won a tank on tank battle against me even 2 on 1 xD, spawn killed them and they turned on passive mode so i blew up every vehicle they entered or ran them over to kill them, even "abandoned" one of my tanks and blew it up from afar when one was dumb enough to actually enter it. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

The OP used all the correct terminology, there's a reason the word "grief" was nowhere to be found.

Spawn camping might make you an asshole, and PKing might make someone mad, but neither one makes you a griefer.

How the hell is spawn camping/killing not griefing?

Explain this to me.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

I hate the term "griefing" so much.

Everything is "griefing". If I tell John he's a f*ck head, technically I'm "griefing" him because I'm causing him grief. There should be no distinguishing whether someone is a griefer or anything. People, bottom line, are playing the game.

• iiGh0STt likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

Explain this to me.

Fight , fight, fight, fight *pulls out phone*

PETmyPUPPIES
  • PETmyPUPPIES

Dirty Glitcher - Lobby Griefer

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

As soon as my tank finally blows up I set passive on or join a new session immediately no matter how I died. I do it because it pisses dumb ponysh*ts like you off who think they finally have a chance at revenge.

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

Can people change their online and off-line status on Xbox live? How does one go about doing this?

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

butthurt cream?

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Lol i always troll in my tank and leave as soon as it gets blown up.

I know how much it pisses off the whiny little kids :lol:

que "hate mail to inbox"

lololololol

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:16 AM Edited by AzraelX, 22 November 2013 - 08:20 AM.

Explain this to me.

That's always been its definition, griefers are people who aren't trying to play the game the right way. They don't care about earning in-game rewards, their goal is to exploit oversights in the game in any way they can to ruin your day. That's their singular goal.

Simply playing the game in a way the developers intentionally allowed for isn't remotely close, which includes killing someone as many times as possible using legitimate means (which earns RP, money, awards, and skin unlocks as rewards as well). The developers gave tanks to players who want to kill other players, and they gave Passive Mode to players who don't want to be killed by other players. Neither of those things guarantees you'll get the outcome you want, but they sure do help a lot.

They also included "Find new session" and "Invite only session", both of which offer additional ways to avoid any other players or parts of the free roam experience which you don't personally care for. There's a kick option in there too, though that doesn't seem to work very well unless you're with friends/crew.

Otherwise, as someone mentioned above, there'd be no point in having a word for it at all, since everyone gets upset over many different things, a big one being "losing". Winning the game and griefing aren't just different things, they're also mutually exclusive most of the time.

Some people are also just getting upset about the fact that they're choosing to play the wrong game (ie, if someone is playing a game that offers tanks to kill players with even though they feel emotionally devastated when they're killed by a tank, this is a good sign that they're either a masochist or have some other serious issues).

I personally dislike sports games, but if I buy Madden 2013 anyways and keep getting obliterated by people who stomp me 70 to 0 every game, it doesn't make them a griefer just because I'm frustrated and upset. Even though they already knew they'd won at 40 to 0 and were still trying hard to make me lose as badly as possible, that doesn't make them a griefer. Me getting dominated means I'm bad at the game, and me getting upset means I'm playing the wrong game.

All that matters is that they played the game legiitimately; all the things they used were intentional gameplay mechanics. The fact that their actions were aimed at "winning" according to the game is a good indicator that it wasn't griefing anyways, even without considering the actual definition.

In fact, griefers are a lot closer to cheaters than anything else. The only major difference is that cheaters want to exploit the game to win, and griefers want to exploit the game to frustrate the everloving sh*t out of you. Cheaters care about "winning" according to the game, while griefers do not care at all. In fact, they will often purposely forfeit game progress in order to accomplish griefing.

There are a lot of examples offered on the Wikipedia page as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

Examples from this game would include:

- Towing a vehicle to make other players freeze.

- Placing sticky bombs on your windows so anyone that shoots at you will get Bad Sport.

- Placing a bunch of personal vehicles next to each other to make someone get a lot of Bad Sport.

- Driving backwards during a race, or otherwise ignoring checkpoints to disrupt the race.

- Purposely sabotaging a cooperative job to force your team to fail.

- Acquiring an item which needs to be delivered and then running away to prolong the job as long as possible.

And the list goes on and on and on forever, unfortunately. Hope that helps.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

op is a try hard.

dont stand in public thinking some slient seriel killer future heist planning psycho with tanks readily available for a low price is just going to pass you by because you stood in the middle of the street on your phone.

the fact that you sent him a msg after means you try way to hard. its a game. with tanks.

in short: dont be a whiny bitch on GRAND THEFT AUTO. how bout that strongly worded message. nerd.

23537.jpg

• AzraelX and Gazolene like this

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

All you have to do is go passive and get to an elevated position.  Now he can't do sh*t.

Taadaaaaa

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

Explain this to me.

That's always been its definition, griefers are people who aren't trying to play the game the right way. They don't care about earning in-game rewards, their goal is to exploit oversights in the game in any way they can to ruin your day. That's their singular goal.

Simply playing the game in a way the developers intentionally allowed for isn't remotely close, which includes killing someone as many times as possible using legitimate means (which earns RP, money, awards, and skin unlocks as rewards as well). The developers gave tanks to players who want to kill other players, and they gave Passive Mode to players who don't want to be killed by other players. Neither of those things guarantees you'll get the outcome you want, but they sure do help a lot.

They also included "Find new session" and "Invite only session", both of which offer additional ways to avoid any other players or parts of the free roam experience which you don't personally care for. There's a kick option in there too, though that doesn't seem to work very well unless you're with friends/crew.

Otherwise, as someone mentioned above, there'd be no point in having a word for it at all, since everyone gets upset over many different things, a big one being "losing". Winning the game and griefing aren't just different things, they're also mutually exclusive most of the time.

Some people are also just getting upset about the fact that they're choosing to play the wrong game (ie, if someone is playing a game that offers tanks to kill players with even though they feel emotionally devastated when they're killed by a tank, this is a good sign that they're either a masochist or have some other serious issues).

I personally dislike sports games, but if I buy Madden 2013 anyways and keep getting obliterated by people who stomp me 70 to 0 every game, it doesn't make them a griefer just because I'm frustrated and upset. Even though they already knew they'd won at 40 to 0 and were still trying hard to make me lose as badly as possible, that doesn't make them a griefer. Me getting dominated means I'm bad at the game, and me getting upset means I'm playing the wrong game.

All that matters is that they played the game legiitimately; all the things they used were intentional gameplay mechanics. The fact that their actions were aimed at "winning" according to the game is a good indicator that it wasn't griefing anyways, even without considering the actual definition.

In fact, griefers are a lot closer to cheaters than anything else. The only major difference is that cheaters want to exploit the game to win, and griefers want to exploit the game to frustrate the everloving sh*t out of you. Cheaters care about "winning" according to the game, while griefers do not care at all. In fact, they will often purposely forfeit game progress in order to accomplish griefing.

There are a lot of examples offered on the Wikipedia page as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

Examples from this game would include:

- Towing a vehicle to make other players freeze.

- Placing sticky bombs on your windows so anyone that shoots at you will get Bad Sport.

- Placing a bunch of personal vehicles next to each other to make someone get a lot of Bad Sport.

- Driving backwards during a race, or otherwise ignoring checkpoints to disrupt the race.

- Purposely sabotaging a cooperative job to force your team to fail.

- Acquiring an item which needs to be delivered and then running away to prolong the job as long as possible.

And the list goes on and on and on forever, unfortunately. Hope that helps.

What makes me give no sh*t about any of their crying, is when you think about it, it's GTA. I know that sounds cliche, but really, how many of these people crying "Griefer!" have mindlessly mowed down pedestrians in GTA:3, Vice City, San Andreas, 4, etc? It's just, now you have actual threats and real predators like yourself who are out to do the same to you, for no reason other than amusement. I love the fact that at any time in GTA:O I can be ambushed and killed. It makes the world feel alive. If they integrate a few more features that make things like this more structured/rewarding, then it would be even better. I know when I first fired up GTA:O I would see someone inside of a clothing store, wait in the parking lot and gun them down as they came out to try and steal their money. I soon found out that people don't ever really drop their money, just a few hundred dollars, so I gave that up. I had fun hunting people down and killing them in interesting ways, but I've stopped that for the most part now. If I see a bunch of people having a war I'll join in, but it'd be more fun to work together with people in most cases. There's so many ways to counter spawn traps and the like that crying griefer is pretty pointless.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

Lol, I agree. I love the way it's setup, and can't stand playing outside of public sessions. It isn't nearly as fun for me unless there's a chance that some guy is about to come around the corner using Off The Radar, aiming a tank gun at me, intent on killing me as many times as possible. Needing to pay attention to your surroundings and prepare for these kinds of situations is where I derive a lot of my enjoyment from the gameplay.

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

I spawned camped a guy today in my tank.

I was just minding my own business going around in my stinger gt and for no reason he snipes me out of my car from a roof. then he proceeds to jump down and try to spawn camp me as i pull up my phone and ring in the tank. he gets me twice now. so get in my car drive to my tank come back to him at this point hes trying to harass other players for no reason.

surprise mfer its a tank. bam hes dead. then someone else he harassed got their tank and we both spawn camped him i think i killed him myself something like 12 times before he left the server.

note to all you noobs out there think twice before you attack someone high enough level to own a tank.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Lmao.
That's called intelligence. While you were dumb enough to let him spawn camp you multiple times, he decided against that being done to him and left. I love leaving games to make people like you mad.
Those who bring morals to a game! Good times.

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

love it. I like to wait until its smoking black and about to go boom plant a few sticky bombs on it park it outside the strip club and chill in there for a sec. doesnt take long for one of those noobs I killed to jack my tank and wait for me outside the strip club thinking they are gonna get me when i come out...in my own tank....once they get in it I blow it up then find a new session to do it again.

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

what's wrong with with tank spawn camping?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

I had such a good time teasing a tank noob last night.  He was doing the usual "I'M INNA TANK AND YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE OVER AND OVER AND OVER SO I THINK I'VE GOT A PENIS!!"  I switched to passive mode so it was obvious I wasn't interested and just wanted to go about my business, but like 99% of tank noobs that simply meant he *HAD* to run me over.  I didn't let him, obviously.  I just jumped on something raised and stood there doing the jerk action at him.  You could almost smell his anger coming from the console.

After a bit of cat and mouse, where he'd typically given up chasing anyone else because of his hormone rage, I ended up stood on top of a hedge.  You know, the ones that are ridiculous impervious to being driven through (how realistic!)  He tried ramming it a few times and tried blowing me up a few times and I just kept doing the jerk action to wind up the noob even more.  He eventually tried ramming and shooting at the same time and, poor little boy, blew his tank up in the process.

I followed him round for a few minutes after he respawned, doing the jerk action at him.  He literally tried everything in the book to kill me, but failed every time.  (I think he took it particularly badly when I ended up stood on a raised platform in front of him, so that my crotch was at his face height and I did the jerk action then - he ran like the homophobe noob that he is!)

I stopped teasing him then and switched off passive mode.  He quit after failing to kill me several times.  He probably needed to wring out his pillow this morning, from all the tears he wept throughout the night.

tl;dr

Twanker came at me whilst I was in passive mode.  He killed himself whilst trying to kill me.  Noob cried - I smiled :D

• aurther61287 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users