Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should the Assault Shotgun be Nerfed?

103 replies to this topic

Poll: Nerf the Assault Shotgun? (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Assault Shotgun be Nerfed?

1. Yes (27 votes [36.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

2. No (48 votes [64.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.00%

If yes, How should it be nerfed?

1. Range (36 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Damage (7 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Rate of Fire (17 votes [20.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.24%

4. All the above (6 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

5. Range and Damage (6 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

6. Range and (ROF) (7 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

7. Damage and (ROF) (5 votes [5.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote
marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

Arguments 1,2,3

All very good responses.

Plus you'd have to be well financed for the full-body armor, the many bullets and the illegally obtained minigun. Add the weight of all that sh*t, it's just simpler to go in light and quick rather than carry around all that sh*t that slows you down and effectively kills you anyway.

Easier said than done, but i'm sure there's better ways. And yes, the trust factor would put you on shaky grounds too. A very well thought out plan, after 2-3 years or more, is far better than an all out war scene outside of a busy bank in the city/country with no real objective other than grab cash and worry about the rest when you get it.

The Town is a pretty good movie i have to say.

^ I like the "throw the paint on your helmet"... Bloody good suggestion :D

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Man that poll sucks. Can't vote "no" without having to choose a 2nd option. Which would mean i want it nerf therefore i can't vote.

• OG Sunny, RAS_ZeroZ, biggsull and 1 other like this

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

I think the assault shotgun is pretty accurate in terms of damage....I think they should give us the option of choosing different exotic ammunition for it..........such as 12ga armor piercing incendiary, 12ga sabot slugs, 12ga double slug, and regular old 12ga armor piercing. 

Love that idea! Nothing would be funnier than blasting whiners with a dragons breath round. shotgun-shells.gif

• OG Sunny, RAS_ZeroZ and biggsull like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

@ Marco........There was a group a 10 yr old kids up in Yonkers NY a few summers ago who were playing army with airsoft guns......some if not all are extremely realistic........some old lady called the cops and said there was a group of kids with machine guns running around the neighborhood.....these  kids got confronted by 12 members of the yonkers swat team.....probably could've been killed in the process  if one of the cops  who had an eagle eye realize the guns were toys.........As far as mini guns in anything the police  would be the least of your problems

Jebuz huh... Not much needs to be said about that one.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

Yep.. definitely want the dragons breath :)

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

AA-12 is nice .............but I'd prefer a Saiga 12, with a 30 round drum

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

@ Marco..........Exactly and u can't blame the cops for their response .........especially with lots of these mass shootings being done by kids.. Who knows anymore

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

imo dragons breath should be 2 rounds and they catch on fire as if you poured gas on them and lit it.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

Those Dragons Breath rounds form TBOGT turned cars into crumpled soda cans, I do miss them.

• OG Sunny likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

@ Marco..........Exactly and u can't blame the cops for their response .........especially with lots of these mass shootings being done by kids.. Who knows anymore

No doubt, scary knowing how close they were to being killed..Damn..

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

Lol, OP is too much of a Badby, can't stay out of the auto shotty's abismal range.
Cry some more please, your tears taste lovely.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:39 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 22 November 2013 - 03:41 AM.

I stumbled into a free roam battle about a week ago.. was trying to get back on my Akuma and some dude got on me in close range. I immediately went to my assault shotgun and turned him into liverwurst.  He was not happy.. especially as to how I killed him with one shot, "Get back here.. what did you shoot me with???"

[edit] I should have gone back and obliged his request since he wasn't chasing after me but I had things to do, and he had his own battle to wage.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:42 AM

Who`s "WE", op?

The Balcony Guy
  • The Balcony Guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:00 AM Edited by The Balcony Guy, 22 November 2013 - 05:08 AM.

No, it shouldn't be nerfed and it's not overpowered. Shotguns were meant to cause a lot of damage. It already has it flaws. It has short range and it's slow. If you have a problem with people using shotguns, simply stay out of range.

Edit: I forgot you said assault shotgun. Nevermind, it's quick but it still has short range, so it should stay how it is.

SandwichMonarch
  • SandwichMonarch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

You know what's OP?
MOTHERf*ckING AP PISTOL SON

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

The assault shotgun is not overpowered dipstick it's perfect: deadly up close and useless beyond short range. 

This isn't COD where all the weapons are just re-skins of one another and none offer anything different .

The whole point of the final tier of weapons (assault shotty, AP Pistol, advanced rifle etc) is that they are significantly better than the starting guns, otherwise we'd have no reward for playing and no incentive to level up.

OP do not try and start another thread making out that your half arsed beliefs are the general consensus, I'd hate for you to lose all your dignity.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

if the fire rate was as slow as it was in TBoGT, it would be fine.

seriously, you can literally just hold down the button and somehow you'll end up destroying someone who has a perfect aim on you with the MTAR

OG Sunny
  • OG Sunny

Easy like Sunday morning

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

Nerf weapons? Wtf is this? Cock of doody? If people can buy f*cking tanks and crash jets into each other, why shouldn't they have a shotgun that kills people effectively?

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

The crybabys think  it should take a whole 30 round drum of 12ga buck shot to kill u

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

if we had 12ga double slugs......u would dismember then  with 2-3 rounds tops

CALLOFDUTYghost
  • CALLOFDUTYghost

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

HELL NAW !!!! IT'S A GODDAMN SHOTGUN .

CALLOFDUTYghost
  • CALLOFDUTYghost

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

@ Marco........There was a group a 10 yr old kids up in Yonkers NY a few summers ago who were playing army with airsoft guns......some if not all are extremely realistic........some old lady called the cops and said there was a group of kids with machine guns running around the neighborhood.....these  kids got confronted by 12 members of the yonkers swat team.....probably could've been killed in the process  if one of the cops  who had an eagle eye realize the guns were toys.........As far as mini guns in anything the police  would be the least of your problems

Jebuz huh... Not much needs to be said about that one.

Samething happened to a Latino kid except the cops killed the kid , no warning shot .

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

Assault Shotgun is a DISGUSTING weapon but pretty fun to use lol. 32 shot mag is ridiculous, but then you get ridiculous mags for a lot of guns on this game.

I rarely see people use it, why would you be close enough for them to use it anyway?

Because you shot them long range, then they respawned 2 ft away from you? Well that question took 0.2 seconds to answer.

ThatDutchIdiot
  • ThatDutchIdiot

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

Weapon nerfs? What is this? Battlefield?

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:54 AM Edited by Rokbang, 22 November 2013 - 11:06 AM.

Should not be nerfed. Fags who cry when owned wants it nerfed. No, I like my LSPD tint assault shotgun.

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

It is perfectly fine in auto aim.

it IS overpowered a bit in free aim death matches. 

free aim free roam its pretty easy to stay out of range of it. 

since only a small % of people play free aim death match I dont think they should nerf a gun because its overpowered for <1% of the population of gta online.

I play free aim only for most part and finding a decent death match is few and far between so I saw keep it how it is cause I love using it in free aim survival to rape the AI.

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

I thought it was pretty fair before I got the extended magazine for it. 30 shots in a row without reloading and the thing is the deadliest weapon in the game. thing is ridiculous and I love it.
I one hit a dude from the top of a roof shooting down on him with the assault shotgun. range is nuts too.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

no. that's the shotgun i use for opening armored cars

This. Don't really use shotguns for much else. Apart from mechanic termination.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'd vote no but it wouldn't let me. But since this baby has limited range, I don't see why it should be nerfed.

DigitalEschaton
  • DigitalEschaton

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

It would be much funner to pvp with a "normal" shotgun where spamming it isn't necessarily what matters. How it is now, it allows for less skill kills. Not that that is inherently bad, just not my preference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users