Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should the Assault Shotgun be Nerfed?

103 replies to this topic

Poll: Nerf the Assault Shotgun? (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Assault Shotgun be Nerfed?

1. Yes (27 votes [35.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.53%

2. No (49 votes [64.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.47%

If yes, How should it be nerfed?

1. Range (36 votes [42.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.35%

2. Damage (8 votes [9.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.41%

3. Rate of Fire (17 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. All the above (6 votes [7.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.06%

5. Range and Damage (6 votes [7.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.06%

6. Range and (ROF) (7 votes [8.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.24%

7. Damage and (ROF) (5 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote
marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

I think the assault shotgun is pretty accurate in terms of damage....I think they should give us the option of choosing different exotic ammunition for it..........such as 12ga armor piercing incendiary, 12ga sabot slugs, 12ga double slug, and regular old 12ga armor piercing. 

Or you just pick the most powerful one and go with that..

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

OP seems to take gaming too seriously. Began messaging people for 1v1's.

80fb89aa8033a340aebe719595e53f6e.png

I remember when I was 12.

Lol notice his member tag "Mack Pimp"

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:38 AM Edited by GabbyGums, 22 November 2013 - 01:38 AM.

I think the assault shotgun is pretty accurate in terms of damage....I think they should give us the option of choosing different exotic ammunition for it..........such as 12ga armor piercing incendiary, 12ga sabot slugs, 12ga double slug, and regular old 12ga armor piercing. 

Nope. Bad idea. Not in GTA at least.

Any reasoning for that? Not saying you're wrong or anything.

Just too many people say nope bad idea but don't give a reason why. Makes them look like dicks.

Before a reason is given not to have something a reason should be given to have something. What reason would we need this in GTA? I see none.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

TBOGT had ammo options for the AA12.............just an idea.............no need  for everyone to get so serious about it......shotguns are meant to be devastating close range weapons........Unless its loaded  with stingballs.........chances  of you getting up from a Saiga 12 or 20 irl are slim to none

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

Your probably right with all the babies that would cry from being shot with high impact ammunition.

Sorta, it has more to do with the segregation it would cause in MP. I'll explain below.

Nope. Bad idea. Not in GTA at least.

Any reasoning for that? Not saying you're wrong or anything.

Just too many people say nope bad idea but don't give a reason why. Makes them look like dicks.

Yes, but it's gonna be a fair bit of text so I wasn't going to type it unless someone wanted to hear my opinion.

------------

The reason I think it wouldn't really work is this. If we have different types of ammunition for the shotgun, even if all of them can have it, what happens with the other weapons? Do they just not have this advantage or do they get it aswell?

If they don't, that's sh*tty, so the only time my ammo is "special" is when I'm close range. Bring on the snipers then.

If they do, ok so now we have a bunch of weapons that fire different ammo. And what happens when specialized ammo is given to a minigun? If they don't get it, then we go back to my first point about limited types of ammo. But if they do, can anyone think of anything more overpowered besides a 'kill X' button?

After we distinguish what weapons would or wouldn't have it, next comes the types of ammunition.

Incindenary? Armor Piercing? Is this really necessary? And what criminals are going to get this? Alright maybe we can throw that logic away due to our miniguns. But here's what happens. Do y'all remember TBoGT? The sniper that shot explosive rounds? That was retarded in competitive, and this would prove to be the same. And you cant just sh*t on competitive side because...

I was discussing this recently, what makes the community is the people that play it. It's not about catering solely to competitive players like Call of Duty. You have to balance and remember that people play the game differently. You have your competitive skull smashers, your roleplayers (cops & criminals), you have your stunters, your free roamers, or just people from work or blazers (JUST BLAZE).

And finally, the obtaining of the ammunition.

And finally. The structure of society aka who gets the ammo and who doesn't. Now I'm not one to say that everything should be fair and obtainable at any time, BUT, when we're talking about something so influential to a large portion of the game (ammunition in our weapons in a combat heavy game), it becomes a big deal.

Assuming you gain the ammunition from ammu-nation, great, so it's cheap as sh*t? Everyone is now running around with Incindienary (dude I cant spell that word for sh*t) ammo and we're shooting long range flame throwers now and if you get hit once it doesn't matter if you get to cover, cause bam dead.

Or what if the ammo is expensive? Ok so you're rich so you can have a critical weaponry advantage over the guy who isn't? It's one thing when it's a car, but another thing when it's a weapon.

And yes, removing incindienary is not the resolve because the other types of ammo fit in these situations aswell. Incind is used as my example.

(Pretty sure I just gave you all 4-5 different spellings of that word so enjoy it.)

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

TBOGT had ammo options for the AA12.............just an idea.............no need  for everyone to get so serious about it......shotguns are meant to be devastating close range weapons........Unless its loaded  with stingballs.

I'm just saying there's no point having multiple pellet types when you could just get the most powerful one and be done with it. If you want to get creative, nails would be ideal.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

But ammo upgrades  would be level unlocked items....meaning you would have to level your way up to achieve them.....yea you would start off on the basic grade ammo and work your way up.......im no game design architect by any means........just throwing ideas at the table........same goes for sniper ammunition..

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

But ammo upgrades  would be level unlocked items....meaning you would have to level your way up to achieve them.....yea you would start off on the basic grade ammo and work your way up.......im no game design architect by any means........just throwing ideas at the table........same goes for sniper ammunition..

Aye but that still breaches some of the points. Yeah sure you could unlock them at higher levels but that is just as bad as them being expensive. Like I stated, vehicles are another subject because they're vehicles, and the most of them cant fire, they're just transport. But we're talking weaponry here. That segregation in available resources for weapons crushes competitive play badly, meaning "if you're not X level like me, you ain't gonna be able to play like me."

I hate to bring up other games here, but do you know why League of Legends works competitive-wise? Because the pros play the same game that casuals play. Thus if you are a casual and decide "I want to go competitive" you can just do so without having to have different equipment, learn new things, etc etc.

If we incorporate varied ammo types, it will cause a difference as. "Oh I want to play competitive but I don't have X ammo...guess I won't then."

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

I definitely see your point Will.......speaking realistically how many criminals in the real world have access to the  MGL- Grenade Launcher - or a Mini gun. But  for GTA I say more carnage, not less or limited. =).  Only time I use my grenade launcher, is if a buzzard gets to close and forgets to fire, or survival  when the vehicle attackers spawn...pretty expensive to refill that ammo unless your lucky to get grenade launcher rounds on a crate drop

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

While carnage can be good. It does hurt competitive play sadly. Like TBoGT's sh*tty explosive sniper rifle. It's all about that balancing act of trying not to ruin anothers play-style, because in turn that's when you lose players.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

I wish I could ring my door buzzer at Weazel Plaza with explosives........so stop randoms from buzzing me even when I don't have a bounty......that's what apt invites are for

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

rig not "ring"

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

Your for both sides of the tracks I see your point.....good debate ........we will see what the next GTA in 7 years  brings LOL

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:09 AM Edited by GabbyGums, 22 November 2013 - 02:10 AM.

I would want a muffin ammo type. Upon impact they explode into a cloud of crumbs and sprinkles. You can shoot friendlies with them and it replenishes health, enemies would lose health because they where baked with rat poison. 

• Celticfang likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

A Mini gun.

Imagine a bank robbery like the Bay one...miniguns and armour suits.

They'd pull down the buildings like they tore down the trees in Predator.

:D

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

Seriously everyone.....enjoy the game.......even though it has its quirks...........not many other developers could've made this ........and their won't be another GTA  on next gen for quite some time to come.....So enjoy it level up.....for someone like myself who's in their 30s  GTA 5 is light years  from what Zelda on Nintendo used to look like  

• Judas0ne likes this

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

No it shouldn't. 

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

@ Marco.......Bro if there was a bank robbery with mini guns involved......they would shoot that getaway car  with a hellfire missile from a predator drone.....we as a country are not far off  from predators  being used as  unarmed cameras in the sky as it is.

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

I wish I could ring my door buzzer at Weazel Plaza with explosives........so stop randoms from buzzing me even when I don't have a bounty......that's what apt invites are for

Well, theoretically, couldn't you toss one near your door and then watch the CCTV's and when you see someone buzzing you hit left on the d-pad?

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

I tried  with stickies  don't work...............even car bombs the remote only works when your outside

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

Wait I just got the sticky to work...........time to stock up.............but the remote car bomb...u have to be outside for

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

@ Marco.......Bro if there was a bank robbery with mini guns involved......they would shoot that getaway car  with a hellfire missile from a predator drone.....we as a country are not far off  from predators  being used as  unarmed cameras in the sky as it is.

Good point.

However if you had miniguns and suits, would a car be the best escape route you could come up with?

That's like demanding a plane in a hostage situation, you thought everything out but the escape..

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

Honestly........I don't think theres a group of criminals in the US  that have the means to that off........the trust amongst each other also........and the ones with the means, are more than likely  drug kingpins would wouldn't risk making national/world news by pulling  heists of that caliber.  The only ones  that come close to it are those Boston Bank Robbers The Town was based on

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

" pull that off "   missed a word.....................your talking military response, that would be covered up as some high speed crash after they incinerated it.

multi3352
  • multi3352

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

its easy to take on face to face with 1 enemy. so  still shotguns at close range need to be dealt with before other enemies. but you can and do take on enemies with shotguns on missions on hard lots of them, some with shotguns once your a decent level its hard man, but you can take them out with an smg man. the bullet spray on the shotguns is real good so range takes out so much power. the verocity of the firing rate is powerful at close range but you gotta have your wits about you as you would if he had a rifle or anything

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

Look at the Lufthansa Heist...............5-10 million stolen form JFK airport.............everyone involved except for the 2 ring leaders  wound up dead.......the thought is nice but the trust factor  amongst normal everyday living humans is allot of times non existent.......imagine being with a group of ppl who are probably killers......stealing 10-20 million of whatever, you biggest concern shouldn't be whats my take gonna be, its if I'm gonna see Saturday.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

Not only would depleted uranium penetrate that and be there in minutes once the severity of the robbery was communicated to the army.. but so would many other low tech solutions, like ramming you with a truck... or throwing paint on your helmet.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 22 November 2013 - 02:59 AM.

I REALLY love the assault shotgun but it's not practical in most places in this game.  There are a few missions that I'll use it when I know things will be close.. ie. Helping Anna escape... Someone mentioned it was good for hits up to 100 yards, erm... I'm not convinced of that.

Reminds me of this video,

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

@ Marco........There was a group a 10 yr old kids up in Yonkers NY a few summers ago who were playing army with airsoft guns......some if not all are extremely realistic........some old lady called the cops and said there was a group of kids with machine guns running around the neighborhood.....these  kids got confronted by 12 members of the yonkers swat team.....probably could've been killed in the process  if one of the cops  who had an eagle eye realize the guns were toys.........As far as mini guns in anything the police  would be the least of your problems

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

Doesn't matter one way or the other since I stick with a Sawed-Off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users