How bad do you have to be at a race to resort to ramming lol

35 replies to this topic
tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Makes me wish GTA race was turned on by default so I can blow up a rammers car :p

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

I haven't raced yet, and I'm level 120  due to all the stories I hear about it, but when I start racing I'll be hosting real races, with traffic on, catch up and weapons off.  I do a sh*t load of skydiving in game and real life. But races are next on my agenda.

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

But down the drain, and criminal records, you should expect that kind of behavior, its a demoltion derby  for 1st place, mods or no mods.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Annoying as sh*t, especially when you're in first on the home-stetch.

Made worse by some jack-ass in a pink or chrome car.

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

They should've brought back driving school from San Andreas, bc some people really do need it, they way I've seen some drive in the lobbies, I wouldn't give them a bicycle to peddle in real life let alone a fkin car

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

One last thing on this topic for me..........What I do  when the cops are up my ass and about to ram me is to slam on the brakes right before they do it,  should work the same for racing as it will diminish your chances of of being spun out of rammed off the road, as far as pit maneuvers, anticipate  it once u see hit the brakes  get behind them and pit them out.

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

diminish your chances of being spun out and rammed off the road - correction

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

They should've brought back driving school from San Andreas, bc some people really do need it, they way I've seen some drive in the lobbies, I wouldn't give them a bicycle to peddle in real life let alone a fkin car

The same driving school with the whole PIT manoeuvre tutorial? 

• Pigeon420, RowanSane and Gibbzy101 like this

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

I'm a clean racer so I don't need to ram although I will swap paint when doging traffic

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Gambling is bad for the soul.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

i destroy the race host whenever they have catchup turned on, dont care if i get a loss, i'd rather teach a lesson to the noob

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

Thats why id hang back and let everyone wreck and do my best to avoid them. Not only do they have to wreck others but they think they have to be in 1st by the first turn or they lose, which is exactly why they always lose. If you can hang back and dodge them spinning out your practically guaranteed a top 2 finish.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

Makes me wish GTA race was turned on by default so I can blow up a rammers car :p

I'd say approximately three levels above the guy who can't deal with a rammer. ;-)

They don't scare me. I just usually make 'em spin out.

And does it really matter at this point? We don't get much from races anyway. lol

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

I'm not ramming you on purpose because I'm an asshole, I'm ramming you by accident because I'm not very good at this. Or because you rammed me last race while driving the wrong way in your chrome adder. One of those two.
  • mrkush90 and SUPERHEAVYDOODY like this

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

i destroy the race host whenever they have catchup turned on, dont care if i get a loss, i'd rather teach a lesson to the noob

Personally, I enjoy catchup, because without it, there's less of a challenge. Once I get out in front and the five guys have crashed behind me, I might as well be racing by myself. Where's the fun in that? 

Calling someone a noob because they use catchup is beyond idiotic. If you're really scared of a noob catching up to you, perhaps you should play something else. lol You don't have to like it, but don't try to make others feel inferior in a video game. That's stupid, man.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

You could just win...that'll teach him real gewd.

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

I don't ram unless I really have to (although I'm happy trading paint). I've been rammed off of 1st place to then come 2nd to last so I know what it's like.

Strangely, Iv'e had people attempt to ram me, fail and spin out then proceed to accuse me of ramming them!

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

I have only joined one serious race online, with about 6 participants.  Of course the Level 6 in a Z-type rammed me 4 times in the race, and finally got to the 1st place guy and rammed him.  That was his only strategy. 

I already hate multiplayer and online games in general because I always get killed, and by its very nature of anonymity and immaturity, people are not nice. 

But as the race ended, I had a mini-revelation.  I wondered why people have to win, have to be in a venue where they must feel superior at all costs.  Then it hit me like a brick, even though I think everybody already knows it.  There are sportsmanlike competitors, and then there are just bullies. 

Bullies are pathetic, insecure people who intrinsically feel inferior (and justifiably so, since they are inferior), and so they are compelled to dominate in social situations, in order to replenish a temporary feeling of superiority for themselves.  It took me this long, in life, to finally realize just what the cliche "bullies feel inferior" really means. 

marquisman
  • marquisman

Where is me VIRGO... fool?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

I think screwing with the reward money for races, has made people more willing to do anything to get first place. I do lots of racing but, not much as of late.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm not ramming you on purpose because I'm an asshole, I'm ramming you by accident because I'm not very good at this. Or because you rammed me last race while driving the wrong way in your chrome adder. One of those two.

i don't even have an adder on my main account (anymore) and it was only chrome in the beginning stages of GTA :p, I don't even have a super car anymore (on my main)  however ramming is pretty low, you don't just magically ram the guy ahead of you unless he either stopped or you did it on purpose

Lightskin Bro
  • Lightskin Bro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

Personally, I enjoy catchup, because without it, there's less of a challenge. Once I get out in front and the five guys have crashed behind me, I might as well be racing by myself. Where's the fun in that? 

Calling someone a noob because they use catchup is beyond idiotic. If you're really scared of a noob catching up to you, perhaps you should play something else. lol You don't have to like it, but don't try to make others feel inferior in a video game. That's stupid, man.

I think the point is.. if you turn catch up off.. the person that is usually doing the ramming ends up in a pole and the person actually trying to participate in a clean race, should be able to win. At least that has been my experience.

I always end up with sore losers trying there best to pit me or drive head on.. after the realize that haven't got a chance. 

AgentTran
  • AgentTran

Top Negro

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

I don't ram, unless you are in a chrome adder.

It's hilarious, me and my friends all gang up on this one chrome adder guy and he always ends up losing. 

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

i don't even have an adder on my main account (anymore) and it was only chrome in the beginning stages of GTA :p, I don't even have a super car anymore (on my main)  however ramming is pretty low, you don't just magically ram the guy ahead of you unless he either stopped or you did it on purpose
I didn't necessarily mean you personally...but I was in a race group where 4 guys were from the same crew and one of them was driving the course backwards causing mayhem to help his mates win...so I dished out the occasional shunt to those guys.

As for accidental ramming perhaps I should have said crashing...if I'm taking a line around a corner and you veer in front of me I may hit you, or if you're recovering after someone else spun you across the track. I won't be trying to pit you. My point was that if my car hits another car its due to my reacting slowly rather than having evil intentions.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

How mad do you have to be at racing to come to the forums to cry when you lose?

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by LeSuede, 22 November 2013 - 02:34 AM.

OP is mad because he got PIT schooled in a race.

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:36 AM Edited by HiddenStreet, 22 November 2013 - 02:55 AM.

How bad do you have to be in order to not be able to defend yourself against Rammers while racing? A good racer can always defend themselves against Rammers. You should be able to offensively as well as defensively drive a car.

SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:03 AM

Any other game? Not a problem. In this one, where the driving mechanics are so FUBAR'd that even the slightest tap sends you spinning out of control (and in my case, into any nearby poles. Every. F**king. Time.)? That's easier said than done.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

I don't really mind if a skilled driver pushes me aside to improve his position
I do hate these people who seem to Pit you just for the hell of it and than lose a couple of positions in the process, that's just stupid
never mind those dickheads that just speed into a corner causing every1 to fly off track including them, that's just downright retarded

MightyLA
  • MightyLA

The Drinker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

I only ram at Criminal Records and down the drain when I'm dead last and I have no chance winning.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

If you are getting rammed and pitted constantly it is because you are bad at racing.

Bubaroo
  • Bubaroo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to do it if the reactions weren't as priceless. Nothing is funnier than a grown ass man nearly in tears over a video game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users