Hey T, Hey M

20 replies to this topic
Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

What was that all about during story mode? I thought it was strange at first but then it became actually funny. Instead of calling each other by the name they just call each other by the first letter.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I think it's so nobody hears them using their real names, calling each other "Michael" and "Trevor" during a job would certainly narrow the search. It makes more sense than in Vice City's bank robbery, where everybody was calling each other by name in front of a bunch of hostages and the bank manager.

• universetwisters, DeafMetal and Cakelover21 like this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

^ Yeah Exactly, its more like a "nickname" like M for example.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

What was that all about during story mode? I thought it was strange at first but then it became actually funny. Instead of calling each other by the name they just call each other by the first letter.

probably from how they refer to each other when they do heists, so they probably just stuck with it

• Wolfhuman and Cakelover21 like this

grasseyeball
  • grasseyeball

Man of Business

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

Why do I gotta be Mr. Pink?
  • TJK319 likes this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hey W

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

The interesting thing is that during the prologue, if either M or T died, the mission failure screen would indeed cite them as mere 'M' or 'T'.

Otherwise, calling the protagonists through their initials has been done since San Andreas. Most frequently in The Ballad of Gay Tony. 'H', 'A', 'L', and even 'T'.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

I think it's so nobody hears them using their real names, calling each other "Michael" and "Trevor" during a job would certainly narrow the search. It makes more sense than in Vice City's bank robbery, where everybody was calling each other by name in front of a bunch of hostages and the bank manager.

That makes sense. Much better than yelling "HEY, MICHAEL TOWNLEY OF 16 MICHAEL TOWNLEY ROAD, TAKE OUT THE SECURITY CAMERA BECAUSE IT'S STILL RECORDING WHILE I, TREVOR PHILLIPS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER 37295302818592721840271949 MAKES OFF WITH THE LOOT."

• Tony., Wolfhuman, jatiger13 and 2 others like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 22 November 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Because you're a fa**ot, alright?

@mods, it's just a movie quote;)
  • AtomicPunk likes this

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:22 AM Edited by lightningun, 22 November 2013 - 01:22 AM.

That makes sense. Much better than yelling "HEY, MICHAEL TOWNLEY OF 16 MICHAEL TOWNLEY ROAD, TAKE OUT THE SECURITY CAMERA BECAUSE IT'S STILL RECORDING WHILE I, TREVOR PHILLIPS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER 37295302818592721840271949 MAKES OFF WITH THE LOOT."
ALSO CALL FRANKLIN CLINTON OF THE GROOVE STREET FAMILY GANG TO BE READY TO DRIVE US TO HIS HOUSE AT 7864 BLUE OCEAN DRIVE, AFTER LESTER THE MOLSESTER OF 5672 EL BURRO HIGHTS PHONE NUMBER 678555234 DISABLES THE CAMERAS.
  • Wolfhuman, universetwisters, Jessafur and 1 other like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

It makes sense that they are saying that during heists, but off heists they still are saying that.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

It makes sense that they are saying that during heists, but off heists they still are saying that.

Maybe it's a habit then? People call me T sometimes, when we aren't knocking off a bank.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

I wouldn't be surprised.

"HEY, BARTENDER, GET MY DRINK READY, QUICKLY. I, MICHAEL T. TOWNLEY OF 3928 TOWNLEY DRIVE, LOS SANTOS, HAVE TO GO TO A MEETING WITH AN ORIENTAL GENTLEMEN AT A WAREHOUSE ON 37 WAREHOUSE WAY TO PURCHASE DRUGS AND UNDERAGE THAI PROSTITUTES FROM HIM. NOW GET ME THAT DRINK, CHOP CHOP!"

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

This is actually explained when Michael is in charge of heist planning and says to new crew members to use initials only during a job, just in case people didn't figure it out during the prologue. The prologue plays coy by not revealing names even to the player because Michael and Trevor aren't formally introduced till after Franklin's opening act.

Michael calls Trevor T as a habit and a nickname and as a means of asserting dominance, to try to keep Trevor thinking of their partnership and keep his distrustfulness and urge to take some kind of revenge against Michael in check.

• saintsrow and Cakelover21 like this

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:26 AM

That would have made castaway very boring, Tom Hanks would float there yelling W.

• universetwisters likes this

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

Markoolio?? Is that you??

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

That would have made castaway very boring, Tom Hanks would float there yelling W.

W!!!! W!!!!!!!!!
  • roostersrule2 likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

~Clean Racer~

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well.. I thought that's how some people in the western call their friends right?

Luis called Tony as T. Armando as A. Henrique as H.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

I've got a friend called Thomas who we've called T for over 10 years, it's not that uncommon.

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

Didn't they said it was because of the heists in one of their conversations?
IIRC Michael calls Trevor T in the beginning and Trevor says something like he should call him like that anymore cus they don't do anymore heists or whatever.

But the nicknames come from the heists and they just started to say it also when they weren't 'at work'.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

I wouldn't be surprised.

"HEY, BARTENDER, GET MY DRINK READY, QUICKLY. I, MICHAEL T. TOWNLEY OF 3928 TOWNLEY DRIVE, LOS SANTOS, HAVE TO GO TO A MEETING WITH AN ORIENTAL GENTLEMEN AT A WAREHOUSE ON 37 WAREHOUSE WAY TO PURCHASE DRUGS AND UNDERAGE THAI PROSTITUTES FROM HIM. NOW GET ME THAT DRINK, CHOP CHOP!"

lol, Chop Chop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users