Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the Superman Shield/Crest/Icon for the GTA Series?

11 replies to this topic
demasx
  • demasx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

If you had make a T-Shirt, tattoo, signet ring, etc. exemplifying and indicating the GTA series with a single icon, what would be your pick?

To be clear, I am NOT talking about a logo, where the game is explicitly spelled out (like Superman's name or alias splashed atop the cover of a comic) but a symbol representing the same (Superman's shield emblazoned on his chest).

If no existing game or promo asset is appropriate, what sort of insignia, emblem, symbol, crest, icon, etc. would you design?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Just the "Grand Theft Auto" name in it's pricedown font. That's pretty damn symbolic right there.

• D- Ice and WildBrick142 like this

demasx
  • demasx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hm... but that's the "logo, where the game is explicitly spelled out."  It's not so much symbolic as it explicitly states Grand Theft Auto.  Excluding that, what would be your alternative or invention?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

Excluding that, what would be your alternative or invention?

Nothing. If it isn't broke, don't bother fixing it.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

The Green Triangle Button.

Spoiler

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

I think the title serves pretty well as a badge too. The font is what makes it. You see that font and instantly think of GTA.

The old Yardie, Colombian Cartel and Triad logos are also pretty iconic, but I don't think they define the entire series as well as the title does.

demasx
  • demasx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'd propose that it's "broke" to the extent that it doesn't serve as an icon the way Superman's shield does.  Rockstar themselves don't use "Grand Theft Auto" as the icon for the games, typically they use a stylized icon of the sequel number.  The logo was, at least in their minds, an inappropriate choice for a desktop icon.

That said, a stylized number only serves a single game in the series, so a more universal icon would serve that function.

demasx
  • demasx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

The Green Triangle Button.

Because you steal cars with it.

If only the game wasn't multipatform!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'd propose that it's "broke" to the extent that it doesn't serve as an icon the way Superman's shield does.  Rockstar themselves don't use "Grand Theft Auto" as the icon for the games, typically they use a stylized icon of the sequel number.  The logo was, at least in their minds, an inappropriate choice for a desktop icon.

That said, a stylized number only serves a single game in the series, so a more universal icon would serve that function.

Are you really saying that Rockstar should ditch the font they've been using for a little over ten years and that people have associated with GTA for a "proper logo"? You don't call Pricedown an icon for GTA, even when you're reading something else in the same font?

pricedown.jpg

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Like they did with gta 3 till now with the covers ( lil pictures from game ). Then only grand theft auto ( no extra's ) and use all gta main characters ( dunno bout gta1, multiple persons ) so you see grand theft auto + typical cover style + all famous characters.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

Just this:

http://www.gamezombi...13707963691.jpg

demasx
  • demasx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Are you really saying that Rockstar should ditch the font they've been using for a little over ten years and that people have associated with GTA for a "proper logo"? You don't call Pricedown an icon for GTA, even when you're reading something else in the same font?

I think you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.  Nowhere did I suggest Rockstar ditch the font.  Nowhere did I say the words "proper logo" allowing you to "quote" it.  Nowhere am I even discussing logos.  I explicitly SAY "I am NOT talking about a logo" in the first post, but your terrible reading comprehension follows with, "Hey, how about this logo!", to which I reply, "I'm not f*cking talking about logos."  To which your reply is, "The logo isn't broke."  Hence, "I'm not talking about logos, even Rockstar doesn't use their GTA logo for their desktop icons."  And densely you respond, "Why do you want to ditch Rockstar's logo?"

Followed by two more posts about logos.

I'm patient... but not that patient.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users