Like many of you I was utterly crushed when 1.06 took away our ability to hop on a single player character online that we could use for a multitude of reasons. Mine in particular being trying to unlock the cargobob online through the glitch.
So with a bit a luck and serious digging ( aka 5 minutes on Goggle), I've found a very useful post on the se7ensins GTA forums that showed me how to do the SP->MP glitch again.
All credits for finding this glitch AND compiling the following tutorial goes to the user M9A3 from the se7ensins community. If anyone from there is reading, I have tried to login to thank him and ask permission to pass on the information here, however for some reason I never receive the confirmation emails so I am still unable to post up there. I'll keep trying though are trying with a different email address.
Anyway now that all the niceties are done, here is the direct quote detailing how to perform the glitch. I have tried it and after a few unsuccessful tries, I got the hang of it and managed to make it work several times.
For the sake of the tutorial I will be using Net Tools 5 UDP flooder. What you choose to do with the tool is entirely up to you, I do suggest using the tool on no one but yourself.
1. Download Net Tools 5 (google it)
2. Install and run Net Tools then click Start > Network Tools > scroll down to UDP flooder.
3. Set the Target to 188.8.131.52 and set Speed to 10 then C+P this into the Data section (NOTE: Add more Data if you're not getting enough time to pause after entering the game store. Not noticing any delay? Change 184.108.40.206 to your IPv4 IP address)
4. Join a Public online match, press start in-game, hover over the Game Store and wait on the screen asking you to confirm.
5. Press Start on the UDP flooder then accept the store, you'll notice the transition hasn't started yet, press start in-game, hover over Leave Online, press Stop on the UDP flooder then Leave Online.
6. You'll spawn in SP as a SP character, go to the game store then back out and TADA! You're in MP as your SP character, enjoy.
Here is the link to the forum page in case you'd like to check it out yourself and see feedback from other users regarding the glitch. I recommend checking it out anyway simply due to the tutorial post looking tidier than on here.
So far I haven't been able to get the correct spawn to unlock the cargobob but I have successfully managed to spawn as trevor and Michael on several occasions (while trying to get the correct animation for using the cargobob glitch), but will keep trying since some people over there have confirmed getting it done through that newer version of the sp/mp glitch.
It does require installing a network tool on your PC that will effectively act as a lag switch (only on your connection) as to allow a greater window for the glitch to work. Essentially it's the same as before after that, only that your connection needed a "helping hand" getting it done
I personally have used the recommended Net Tools 5 software recommended by the original author.
Anyway, enough of me babbling on and if you have any questions. Please let me know and I'll try to help. Although M9A3 already did a good job of things with his tutorial. Do not hesitate to make an account up there to thank him if you want to, I am still working on this at the moment .
EDIT - CARGOBOB GLITCH
To get the cargobob using the lag switch, you can follow the steps here :
This will 100% with the net tool as long as you follow the settings in the tutorial above. Many thanks to [email protected] for working out the perfect timing formula!
As to the glitch haters, I only have this to say ....