Photo

The next GTA should be in Chicago...

23 replies to this topic
RMolloy24
  • RMolloy24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

We've had Miami, New York and Los Angeles in the game. It's now time for Chicago in the next game. I think Rockstar needs to explore more places like they did with Vice City and San Andreas, two very unique games.

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

it should be in brazil (rio)

ChineseCosmo
  • ChineseCosmo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

A COMPELLING ARGUMENT RMOLLOY24, I AGREE 

• universetwisters likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

You do realize they weren't exploring tons of new areas with the original trilogy right? The very first GTA featured three cities: Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas. They re-imagined them into 3D and are doing the same now in HD it seems.

That said, I'd rather see Vice CIty and the surrounding areas. It was my favorite 3D location and I'd love to see what they do with it in HD. 

fac316
  • fac316

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Midwest GTA, the crime is there.

RMolloy24
  • RMolloy24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by RMolloy24, 21 November 2013 - 07:10 PM.

You do realize they weren't exploring tons of new areas with the original trilogy right? The very first GTA featured three cities: Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas. They re-imagined them into 3D and are doing the same now in HD it seems.

That said, I'd rather see Vice CIty and the surrounding areas. It was my favorite 3D location and I'd love to see what they do with it in HD. 

Why can't they go back to the old way though and have a game in the main series that isn't an expansion pack or GTA VI, like SA and VC to III, and have it in Chicago? What if it was based in the late 90s? Have the game out in around 2015 between V and VI? GTA VI in Vice City would be awesome though. I agree about that. 

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Stonecutter

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yes! I agree. This maybe looks like my previous Concept Art -> GTA: Windy City

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Why not Vice City, or somewhere other than Chicago? The OP has no support to back up his reason for "Chicago", other than exploring a new place. And by that logic, shouldn't GTA 6 be set in a small village with 29 people in Montana? After all, you are exploring a new place.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'm sorry to disappoint you but (by logic) it would be either set in Las Venturas, San Fierro, or Vice City (most likely this one).

demasx
  • demasx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

GTAV describes the map as a State, beyond the scope of a single city.  If we revisit Vice City, I hope we get a bit of Northern Florida (which would give the flair of the Deep South, Bayou, etc), everglades, a few tropical islands representing the Bahamas, and a despotic representation of Cuba.

The core will still be Miami / Vice City, but expanding to an entire state will give you some of the terrain variance of V (without being a duplicate)... and having the Bahamas and Cuba expands the scope beyond just metropolitan, county, or state borders- to national ones.  It also gives you a great excuse to have a heavily militarized zone (beyond just Baxter Airbase) which can be reasonably story locked (bridge locking in previous games barely made sense, but violating sovereign borders is worthy of five stars... until you have a working relationship with El Jefe Maximo).

The biggest downside is that it'll be impossible to link everything with compelling driving (seven mile bridges between keys is linear and boring) demphasizing the "Auto" in "Grand Theft Auto."

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

I think the next GTA game will be in Vice City. Perhaps teams from Rockstar are in Miami right now and the surrounding areas taking pictures and making videos of the area. Miami has changed since the 80s so they prob want a fresh look of Vice City. The ghettos, rich neighborhoods, the beach, the Everglades, the Lake Okeechobee area(could be like the Alamo Sea with the destitute look), the Homestead area which could look ravaged by a hurricane,

and if they wanted to: The Florida Keys. All of this could make a map that would be fun to play in and make awesome backdrops for missions. I have faith in R and think they already have started working on this game.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

It won't be in Chicago because of Watch Dogs.

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I'd like Chicago, mainly with a late 80s setting or something.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

I think Vice City, New Orleans, and Atlanta would be the perfect combination. The class of Vice City, the history of New Orleans, and the ghettos of Atlanta, all surrounded by swampland, farms, beaches, and mountains, in one massive game. I would love it for years.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

I think Vice City, New Orleans, and Atlanta would be the perfect combination. The class of Vice City, the history of New Orleans, and the ghettos of Atlanta, all surrounded by swampland, farms, beaches, and mountains, in one massive game. I would love it for years.

You do realize how far away Miami, New Orleans, and Atlanta are from eachother, do you?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

It won't be in Chicago because of Watch Dogs.

So?

GTA VI isn't going to be released next year so I'm not sure why it would matter if Watch Dogs is in Chicago.

Driver: Parallel Lines was in NYC (and its boroughs) before GTA IV.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

I would have no problem with Chicago at all. It would be a great breathe of fresh air to the series, and would probably appeal to the people who were actually fans of IV (such as myself).

To be honest, even if everybody is so insistant that it will be, I don't think the next game will be Vice City. While I liked Vice City, having two bright and sunny settings one after another would feel as if Rockstar just want to do much of the same over and over.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:30 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 03 December 2013 - 10:31 PM.

If they do Chicago, it should look like this.

tumblr_mak3wjXIxj1rvs8d8o1_500.jpg

753px-Soldier_Field_Chicago_aerial_view.

Regarding what they could call it, "Carcer City" would make the most sense from it's previous mentions in GTA games.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

If they do Chicago, it should look like this.

tumblr_mak3wjXIxj1rvs8d8o1_500.jpg

753px-Soldier_Field_Chicago_aerial_view.

Regarding what they could call it, "Carcer City" would make the most sense from it's previous mentions in GTA games.

I don't think Carcer is based on Chicago. I'm thinking more either Camden NJ or Pittsburgh

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:42 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 03 December 2013 - 10:43 PM.

I don't think Carcer is based on Chicago. I'm thinking more either Camden NJ or Pittsburgh

That is true. It's been rumored it's close to Liberty City. However, I don't see how they can't change it to be more of a Midwest setting based on Chicago. It seems logical to me and saves Rockstar coming up with a new name for it that that wouldn't have been mentioned in any previous GTA game before.

In GTA V, Michael also mentions he robbed a bank in Carcer City. Considering Michael was likely born in the Midwest (e.g North Yankton) it would make sense for Carcer to be located there.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

That is true. It's been rumored it's close to Liberty City. However, I don't see how they can't change it to be more of a Midwest setting based on Chicago. It seems logical to me and saves Rockstar coming up with a new name for it that that wouldn't have been mentioned in any previous GTA game before.

In GTA V, Michael also mentions he robbed a bank in Carcer City. Considering Michael was likely born in the Midwest (e.g North Yankton) it would make sense for Carcer to be located there.

Or it could be Gary, Indiana / Flint, MI

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Maybe, though those cities are less popular and iconic, and only infamous for their crime rate.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

IMO, GTA VI should have an extremely large and vast map with more than one city. As I said a few weeks ago in another thread, 3 protagonists in 3 different cities, working for/against each other without even knowing would be perfect to refresh GTA. Those cities would have to be different and each have a different vibe to it. Vice City, Las Venturas and Chicago would be great imo. Also, since those three cities aren't close to each other in RL, we'd have a sh*tload of varieties in the landscape and countryside. 

XandStorm
  • XandStorm

Carcer City's very own

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

Maybe, though those cities are less popular and iconic, and only infamous for their crime rate.
Hey you guys, Carcer City wasn't solely based off of any city in particular. It portrayed industrial, crime-ridden america, was in a rust belt state and took inspiration from Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Rochester and Camden, containing elements from New Orleans, Minneapolis and Milwaukee. Though it would be awesome to have a game set in this city.
  • xXGst0395Xx likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users