Quantcast

» «
Photo

Strength reset a punk move...sign of things to come?

59 replies to this topic
jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

I’ve never been on the ban/reset bandwagon. I don’t think it will happen, or that it should…not for glitching.

That being said, looking into the strength issue a friend came upon this:

http://support.rocks...6-lost-forever-

You’ll notice they didn’t actually address the reset. They just spoke around it saying they made adjustments. But read between the lines and this is what I see:

“People abused the system and built up strength by punching cars, so we reset EVERYONE’S strength bar.”

I see this is a coward move by R*. I think they know they can’t ban/reset money glitchers, so they went after something seemingly trivial just to piss people off.

I can see an argument being made that this is a sign of things to come. Maybe, but I doubt it.

As I had no idea that you could boost strength punching cars, I’d never done it, and had built strength the normal way. So, in a dick move R* resets me and everyone else.

What the actual f*ck?

ChineseCosmo
  • ChineseCosmo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

UGH WTF NOW HOW AM I GONNA PLAY THIS DRIVING AND SHOOTING GAME IF I DONT HAVE MY FAKE MUSCLES ANYMORE F*CK

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

They probably did it to force people to play sports and what not.

The f*cked up thing is my roomate spent days punching people down at the docks to level up his strength because he didnt know about the car punching. Needless to say he's pissed

adamnightmare
  • adamnightmare

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

UGH WTF NOW HOW AM I GONNA PLAY THIS DRIVING AND SHOOTING GAME IF I DONT HAVE MY FAKE MUSCLES ANYMORE F*CK

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 21 November 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Those fake muscles give you better resilience when falling. Which is not that bad when you need to drop from someplace high in a hurry. Some say it goes towards HP count too (personally I am not 100% sure, so anyone that knows for sure can correct me, please).

• Str1p3s likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yeah, no stupid....it's more of a "read between the lines" type thing....I don't give a flying f*ck...I'm already back up to full having punched morons like you on the streets...

But hey....I know too well that no matter what someone posts there's always going to be paint huffers who are out to troll :D

Enjoy yourself.

• Odesza likes this

BrightonGTA
  • BrightonGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

It's really no big deal. Played 5 games over the last couple of evenings and already gone up by a bar.

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well I'm glad I only punched cars so I didn't have to cry about this. At first I was punching people till someone told me about the car ordeal. But damn, this is another f*cking stat I have to get up. Whats next? Stealth? I mean walking around in stealth mode with a rubber band on your controller was just as much of a trick as punching a car.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

The stat is useless anyway

IOMDutch
  • IOMDutch

Stuntman

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Mine has not reset. But I was only on 1.5 barz

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Well I'm glad I only punched cars so I didn't have to cry about this. At first I was punching people till someone told me about the car ordeal. But damn, this is another f*cking stat I have to get up. Whats next? Stealth? I mean walking around in stealth mode with a rubber band on your controller was just as much of a trick as punching a car.

Here`s the funny thing: I walked around, but not with a rubber band. Not my problem it took so little time to max it...

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by brooklyn718, 21 November 2013 - 08:30 PM.

I dont think we lost the strength its just an error in the stat. I definitely dont think R* did it intentionally...would it make sense to reset strength out of ALL things?! Someone made a coding error, possibly, added or deleted a character by mistake.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Moron version:

R* butthurt about glitches galore...reset a stat to punish EVERYONE...even those that didn't abuse the system and punch cars....because they can't reset glitchers.

SOMEHOW that translates to:

jdice boo hoo baby with strength stat reset...boo hoo never play boo hoo game again....wahhh....

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

I dont think we lost the strength its just an error in the stat. I definitely dont think R* did it intentionally...would it make sense to reset strength out of ALL things?! Someone make a coding error, possibly, added or deleted a character by mistake.

Who else didn't read the stuff in the link? Raise their hands....

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

will say this again from what someone else said in a thread yesterday about this, play golf starting at hole 7 and ending at 9

• Mr Fyn666 likes this

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Strength gives you more resilience to bullets too
  • Phyxsius- likes this

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

it was pure laziness and petty.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

it was pure laziness and petty.

You get it....happy tear :)

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

Well, I'm not going to get it back up, if it's going to reset.

I think there is a glitch with the underwater breathing method...and with that, there is absolutely no way to glitch that...You have to sit there for about 45 minutes...diving and coming up...and yet...I don't breath any longer than someone who has a low stat.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Mines reset but I cannot get it to go up by doing ANYTHING. And I still take bullets as well as before and still whoop peds asses in fist fights. Was maxed before patch too.

Error IMO, not reset.

BrightonGTA
  • BrightonGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Mines reset but I cannot get it to go up by doing ANYTHING. And I still take bullets as well as before and still whoop peds asses in fist fights. Was maxed before patch too.

Error IMO, not reset.

Try Golf - working for me - Visibly increased after just one full game.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Error IMO, not reset.

After the first reports I thought it was error too....

This is what R* said (for those who can't bother with the link - not you specifically):

"We Made adjustments to how the player’s Strength stat is calculated. Melee attacks on stationary objects such as vehicles no longer count toward Strength."

So after reading the comments section I came away with the conclusion they reset and made it to where car punches do nothing. I guess it's possible they just INTENDED to edit how one raises the stat and the reset was unintended.

BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

Moron version:

R* butthurt about glitches galore...reset a stat to punish EVERYONE...even those that didn't abuse the system and punch cars....because they can't reset glitchers.

jdice boo hoo baby with strength stat reset...boo hoo never play boo hoo game again....wahhh....

People on these forums, like you, aren't familar with internet forums. Most people seem to only use Facebook, and cry anybody tries to "troll", at a very basic level.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

so, golf will increase it?  i wanna get mine back up to 100

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

so was there anyone who's strength didn't go down?

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Moron version:

People on these forums, like you, aren't familar with internet forums. Most people seem to only use Facebook, and cry anybody tries to "troll", at a very basic level.

I sure don't know about forums.... :D That's why I spend money hosting one with 15k plus member that pertains to another hobby of mine...but thats whatevs....the difference is there are rules...and trolls are relegated to living under bridges....i.e....IP bans for the stupid. :)

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

ok, i just played one round of golf solo and it went up 3 points

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

My strength went down.. But how did they know I punched cars? And why would they punish this? I thought punching cars was a pretty awesome thing. I never played sports but I would have eventually. Now I am definitely going to. Also since they aren't banning for money glitching, might as well do that too.  lmao

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

I want to know what f*cking planet Rockstar are from if they think Golf and Tennis ( of all the crap sports these were chosen? ) are supposed to build strength?

We have a goddamn muscle beach ring down on the boardwalk.

Pumping Iron would build muscles.  Not playing 18 holes.  Endurance?  Maybe.  

But this is partly Retirement simulator 2013 anyways what with stock market, golf, yachts, tennis, and f*cking yoga.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

i just played two rounds of golf solo and my strength went up 3 points

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users