Quantcast

» «
Photo

Unecessary Killing,Something that grinds my gears!

31 replies to this topic
I_vizion
  • I_vizion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hey guys! This is my first post so I want to actually give a shout-out to all of u and want to thank you for taking your time to read this! So....Pretty much i dont know why but people have a habit of killing me for no reason and i dont personally mind because when i decide to get even, trust me i make sure to go all out! But iam a fair guy i dont mess with anyone that doesn't mess with me, i enjoy being able to walk up to ppl and sometimes getting in their cars or doing other things like "Nirvana" which is when ppl like to explore the map together, or go 4 wheeling in the mountains, or skydive together, or jetskiing at the beach...sure the game has its killings and drug missions wich is what the game is mostly about
But sometimes ill come out of my garage and get killed for no reason and its like "....great, well time to hunt this c*nt down" i usually have that "i never f*cked anyone over that didnt have it coming to them" mentality and so does my crew. One of us gets killed for no reason and now the car is packed with 6-8 (some pickup trucks will carry that many ppl) and were ready to do a drive by! In conclusion, i really wanna know if ppl get annoyed by getting killed out nowhere for no reason? I get some ppl are trollers, others are bored, but i think the most ppl u can meet and join up with the more unstoppable you are! But i usually kill ppl if a threat is displayed or if iam shot at then its on bitch! But i usually dont f*ck with ppl that dont mess with me!
  • likemundeen likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

...And then there was SINGLE PLAYER...

You name some of the many reasons why I don't even bother with online playing.  Never played, never will.

There is many more reasons not to play that glitchy/cheating sh*t as well.

• watson177, AlexL, Miauuu5_7 and 2 others like this

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

In conclusion, i really wanna know if ppl get annoyed by getting killed out nowhere for no reason?

Yes. And because of people like the ones you mentioned I haven't played multiplayer in almost 10 years.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, it's bullsh*t.  Only thing online has got going for itself, is being the glitch master king!

Luxaholic
  • Luxaholic

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm exactly like you i like just cruising around and doing my own thing. for me online is mostly for hanging out with my friends and messing around with them. i have tried probably hundreds of times to just get some random people to hang out with in my car but they almost always end up shooting me… at least make it obvious your going to kill me instead of making it look like you wanna hang out then shooting me when i come up to you  :facedesk:

• I_vizion likes this

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

It's a GTA game.  It would be wrong to expect anything else.  I personally love it.  

I_vizion
  • I_vizion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Luxaholic
An hour ago
I'm exactly like you i like just cruising around and doing my own thing. for me online is mostly for hanging out with my friends and messing around with them. i have tried probably hundreds of times to just get some random people to hang out with in my car but they almost always end up shooting me at least make it obvious your going to kill me instead of making it look like you wanna hang out then shooting me when i come up to you!

I agree 100% you have the ppl that wanna troll around then you have ppl that actually want to enjoy online gaming! But sh*t gets annoying after ppl just want to kill u cuz u crossed paths, the other day some ass hole killed me for no reason! Then 30 min passed by and i guess he totally slept on me and thought i forgot completely but what he didn't know was that i was staking his ass out! I saw he picked up one of those luxury vehicles for simeon and tried to deliver it!.......guess who was waiting for his ass at the docks, then took the car and delivered it his damn self? Iam #justsaying lol i can be really friendly but when u wanna f*ck with a hornets nest bitch you gonna get yours!

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

I agree with you on some parts, but I think it's alright to other kill players in free roam. That's what made GTA IV multiplayer so fun, having the freedom to gang up and kill other players.

On the other note, I wish R* would add a system where you could choose to spawn away from someone who is repeatedly killing you. I think it's bs that you spawn one block away from your last killer and then having them kill you another time. If not, they should at least update the passive mode system to where you could not be shot in cars and that if you repeatedly grief others by running them over repeatedly, it could land you in a bad sport lobby.

likemundeen
  • likemundeen

Supreme Elected Chief Officer of Browsing

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

totally agree! logged on 30 minutes ago, walked out of my apartment.... face blown off, driving peacefully around... face blown off, walking up to someone to say hello... face blown off, changing my hair style or clothing... face blown off. I liked the freedom to do whatever, but at some point it gets annoying especially when your low level like me and can't exactly defend against a mini-gun.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

It never bothered me getting killed after all it's only a game and that's kind of the point of the game ,you just have to stay on your toes.

CsDaKillah
  • CsDaKillah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yeah I dunno why but I never have it in my head to kill other players in freemode. Unless my bro wants to then I usually drive him to the nearest guy lol.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

I don't usually play online games unless it's ONLY with my best friend (He lives 3 hour drive in another city than me). I prefer playing alone and use my imagination to make myself enjoy playing.

• watson177, QuietJosh and minushuman like this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

i dont care if people kill me once in a while since its part of the game its the people who kill me over and over and over again that annoy me.  when i play online i make sure i stay away from anyone else .  

• Costar likes this

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

I get annoyed, sometimes straight pissed, but it is part of the game and the game is worth it.  Its not like you die for real, only your stats go down and you might loose a little money.  Lately in lobbies I haven't been messed with, spent twenty minutes last night with a bounty and no one came for me at all, lobby was full......a little disapointed about that.  I do however applaud the op for not randomly attacking people.  I think we are outnumbering those who do.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

I get annoyed, sometimes straight pissed, but it is part of the game and the game is worth it.  Its not like you die for real, only your stats go down and you might loose a little money.  Lately in lobbies I haven't been messed with, spent twenty minutes last night with a bounty and no one came for me at all, lobby was full......a little disapointed about that.  I do however applaud the op for not randomly attacking people.  I think we are outnumbering those who do.

I had a bounty on me  yesterday too noone bothered me until the last minute and then i killed 2 people who came for me and went back to the apartment and stayed there until the bounty ran out and collected the money 

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

I can understand the random and repeat killing being a problem, its like ppl have it in for you for no apparent reason. In real life, (not killing) but it'd be considered bullying.

What about just making friends, meet up with them and have "invite only" or is that no fun?

I only tried a quick solo online just to see, it was ok but when I thought the game was glitching I just dropped off. I think online players should be able to have fun w/out being treated like there is always a target on their backs. But again, like in RL, some ppl are just anal :rol:

dirtyHari2
  • dirtyHari2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

I think that there should be a separate online free roam lobby where you can do pretty much anything you want  blowing stuff, random stalking and killing and another online multiplayer lobby where killing other players is disabled and make it more enjoyable for other gamers for whatever it's worth.

Jedi the SITH
  • Jedi the SITH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

I think it's cool to drive past someone and both of us honk. Or when I'm on foot they just drive past. But if I have a bounty on me I expect to get chased, and I will chase a bounty for sure. But after I take them out, I leave them alone cuz I accomplished my goal. There's a certain etiquette among us crooks in GTA that is sometimes followed, and sometimes not. We just hafta live with it.

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Online just sucks, no doubt about it. The topic title just gives one of the many reasons.

GTA should stay true to its roots: An amazing, thrilling and action packed single player adventure and sandbox, with lots of stuff to do and discover!

• QuietJosh likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Online just sucks, no doubt about it. The topic title just gives one of the many reasons.

GTA should stay true to its roots: An amazing, thrilling and action packed single player adventure and sandbox, with lots of stuff to do and discover!

As you know, I feel the same, too!

The more and more Online threads I see here, the more and more I do a facepalm and say to myself, "thankfully I don't play that glitchy bullsh*t."

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

For the most part, I shoot in self-defense of myself or if they are going to kill someone else, if I don't know you, don't just run up to my car, that looks like your going to attach a sticky bomb to my car or cook a grenade off to kill us both. If I just come from Los Santos Customs, don't be a f*cking idiot and try to swerve into my lane after I just repaired my car. Don't even get me started on the sticky bomb driveby's and people who cause a store to close by shooting while your in the store.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

R* should just get rid of the player blips on the map altogether.  Maybe just keep the player blip when a bounty is active, or when within a block or two of a player.  That would solve alot of the issues in freeroam. 

Simple solution to a lot of greifing.

DrDetroit

Joibatsu
  • Joibatsu

Borrows cars for cover

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:36 AM Edited by Joibatsu, 25 November 2013 - 08:53 AM.

Might I also add that safe zones (ie. stores, shops, etc.) aren't that safe if all it takes is an RPG's/tank's explosion to ram against the wall and cause death by radius blast. [inb4 passive mode]

I agree with you on some parts, but I think it's alright to other kill players in free roam. That's what made GTA IV multiplayer so fun, having the freedom to gang up and kill other players.

On the other note, I wish R* would add a system where you could choose to spawn away from someone who is repeatedly killing you. I think it's bs that you spawn one block away from your last killer and then having them kill you another time. If not, they should at least update the passive mode system to where you could not be shot in cars and that if you repeatedly grief others by running them over repeatedly, it could land you in a bad sport lobby.

I definitely agree with changing the one block spawn distance, it only helps the ones rampaging and empties others' pockets pretty quickly, which is usually a problem for the low-level players who have no clue what they're doing. You could argue for either side when it comes to the possibility of choosing spawns after death; it could create problems here and there for the system, whateverthehell.

R* should just get rid of the player blips on the map altogether.  Maybe just keep the player blip when a bounty is active, or when within a block or two of a player.  That would solve alot of the issues in freeroam. 

Simple solution to a lot of greifing.

DrDetroit

IMO, you should be able to keep blips on friends/crew members, or maybe randoms within a certain radius. (Kind of like, you can choose to be seen on radar only by players a mile away, but likewise, you can't see anyone until they near your proximity. On the other hand, you could choose to be visible across the map and only see the ones who chose the same. [cross-map-visibility players would not be able to see mile-radius-visibility players until they got near enough; vice versa]) Bounties should/could definitely be open up to everyone in the lobby, though a high level griefer could easily toss a grand or two to spot and ruin someone's online session repeatedly. If they took the time and effort for that.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

This is what invite only is for.. .apparantly. Only, then it's you on your own, you might as well play SP. Then you do a job or race and end up in a public. I spent so much on Passive more, but got run over/blown up/shot in car.

I was trying to mod my car the other day, and a guy had deliberately sought me out - i was in the northern most pay and spray, miles from ANYTHING or anyone. he turned up, started shooting me. I stood there laughing, and when he realised his bullets were not harming me he tried to run me over... on a bike. I jumped onto my car and just watched.
He got me in the end, but the funniest thing was when he jumped off his bike, for some reason he hadn't "locked" it. I jumped on and rode off!

I got away, and he'd obviously blown my vehicle up. No biggie as he paid for the insurance. Fail.

had another guy kill me as i came out of my apartment, i respawned and shotgunned him. He tried to chase me down, but i got away and joined a job, so i won!

but yes, it pisses me off. Nothing relaxing about playing Los Santos Survivor (reference to liberty city survivor, not the game mode) and i play games for relaxing or enjoyment. V seems to take every feature and remove the fun from it for some reason.

Im bored of online. Recent speculation about what's going to be added doesn't interest me if i have to pay for it, so as far as i'm concerned, I'll just play once a week or two with my mate thats it.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

For the most part, I shoot in self-defense of myself or if they are going to kill someone else, if I don't know you, don't just run up to my car, that looks like your going to attach a sticky bomb to my car or cook a grenade off to kill us both. If I just come from Los Santos Customs, don't be a f*cking idiot and try to swerve into my lane after I just repaired my car. Don't even get me started on the sticky bomb driveby's and people who cause a store to close by shooting while your in the store.

i was trying to ride my western daemon into the mod shop and some asshole rammed into me and blew up my bike . really pissed me off . good thing the bike was already insured and i replaced it a bit later but it still pissed me off

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

I was okay with it, because come on its GTA.. Ever since the first third party mod for online play all it ever was, was random killing.

But lately it just gets on my f*cking nerves. They need to incorporate a better system than that peace mode or passive mode or whatever the f*ck it is.

masterconch87
  • masterconch87

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

if you dont want to be shot in the face go to a invite only or a friends only, and if you dont have friends to play with, meet up with people from the forum.\

come on guys, stop bitching about stuff that could be solved by urself... MY GAWWDD :O:

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

Its just a bit of fun, it was worse at the start when dying cost about 5 grand a time. 

You've got to remember everyone is on the alert for trolls, griefers etc so a lot of people have a kill on sight attitude myself included. In the last few days I've blown up multiple personal vehicles, taken buzzards out the sky with a minigun and shot several people to death all in the name of caution! So remember when you're just cruising around innocently, the guy your driving past doesn't know your an innocent motorist and may well throw down a precautionary grenade for you to innocently drive over.  :colgate:

And the people in passive mode are the worst offenders btw, you'll just be a sticky bomb magnet and rightly so. 

Palm Tree
  • Palm Tree

GTA

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

If you're just trying to cruise around in a public game, you can make it to where no one will be able to damage you when you activate passive mode :b

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

If you're just trying to cruise around in a public game, you can make it to where no one will be able to damage you when you activate passive mode :b

that is crap, i was in passive mode once and i was killed by an explosion caused by another player

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users