188 replies to this topic
Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 30 June 2014 - 12:02 AM.

hu7cgwK.jpg
Pic courtesy of: http://gtaforums.com...21403-rawrsnar/

As we all know, with the recent 1.06 title update that included the Beach Bum DLC Rockstar assumed that re-textured flip-flops would be a great replacement for some of our favorite and most beloved vehicles. If you were one of the lucky ones that got to keep their vehicles I'm very happy for you and I advise that you stay as far away from your garage as possible.

I'm genuinely interested to see which vehicles everyone had and what setups/ colors/ plates they had on them before Rockstar drove off into the sunset with them, wearing re-textured tank-tops and giving us the middle finger.

Post all of the vehicles you happened to lose and their setups here, so that we may all mourn together. Just no talk of "the one who pulls and freezes".

I personally lost a Black Riot with BP tires, my custom Buffalo Police Cruiser that was fully upgraded with stock paint job and my custom plate, my custom Vapid Unmarked Cruiser that was a beautiful Silver with my custom plate and fully upgraded, a Police Roadcruiser, and a Police Maverick.

I very sad and I truly cri evrytim.

Leave your vehicles below, and I'm sorry for your loss...

Also, feel free to share your thoughts about this issue in this thread. I will check it often and be sure to reply to almost every post.

EDIT: Now as of 1.07 Rockstar has made it truly obvious that all they wish to do is take from it's player base. They have even decided that both vehicle like the Rat Loader and the Clean Karin Rebel, which are both vehicles that are able to be obtained legitimately, needed to be taken from the player base. No one know why, but they did it. I imagine that the next thing to go will be my second favorite car, the Buffalo Mk2. I sure hope it doesn't come to that. It's the only vehicle that I still enjoy driving.

RIP those who have fallen.

RIP 
  • Jumpaax and So_KLaMy_XD like this

The Law
  • The Law

Collector

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

0_0.jpg

Dragged this bad boy in myself, gone but not forgotten

RIP Black Police Bike

2013-2013

• tom_p1980, THEFAM_MCMJ, Car Collector and 1 other like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

0_0.jpg

Dragged this bad boy in myself, gone but not forgotten

RIP Black Police Bike

2013-2013

I'm so sorry for your loss. He died as he lived, looking completely awesome and putting every other motorcycle to shame. 

RIP

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

police vehicles have never been allowed in garages in GTA games in the past, why do you think they would have made an exception with GTAO?

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

police vehicles have never been allowed in garages in GTA games in the past, why do you think they would have made an exception with GTAO?

Because the only thing allowing them in garages could do is INCREASE the amount of enjoyment you receive from playing the game?

• KamikaziOtter, THEFAM_MCMJ, TimelyMeerkat and 3 others like this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

We never did yoga or tennis either, or had to pay for the supercars we wanted. Funny how things change.
  • Officer620, TJK319, Sugar Free Nos and 2 others like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Let's try not to start an argument on whether or not police vehicles should be in garages or not.  

This thread is dedicated to remembering our dearest friends and our most beloved vehicles.

Pary daPlatapus
  • Pary daPlatapus

ROR Gun RuNNer

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

NO pics, but had 3 Vapid Cruisers Colors (Red, Blue and Pink)  Had the gold Underocver Crown Vic and had both FIB vehicles SUV/Buffalo.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

0_0.jpg

• tom_p1980, KamikaziOtter, RAS_ZeroZ and 1 other like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

NO pics, but had 3 Vapid Cruisers Colors (Red, Blue and Pink)  Had the gold Underocver Crown Vic and had both FIB vehicles SUV/Buffalo.

That gold Vapid Unmarked was just toomuchsweg4me. I went with a more conventional color.

0_0.jpg

That is a lot of lost property...

Very sorry for your loss, I bet that police transporter was fun.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Chrysocyon brachyurus's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

RIP White FIB Buffalo...... you brought Vice City to Los Santos for me :(

• singemfrc likes this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

NOM NOM TEARS MMMMMMMM.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by EliteGamer, 21 November 2013 - 06:27 PM.

Obviously your other topic got locked because you mistakenly attributed a quote to Spiderman's father when it was obviously from his uncle. Obviously. Get your nerd lore correct, CHARLATAN.

But yeah cop-cars were good clean fun. Tanks, Buzzards were potentially harmful but in my experience they really weren’t as common an issue as people made out.

jimmyjoneser
  • jimmyjoneser

LSPD

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by jimmyjoneser, 21 November 2013 - 06:32 PM.

Some of these are still hanging on, however they might as well be lost as I am almost too scared to bring them out in public lobbies for fear of being reported and getting them taken away :( I can say still having them obviously isn't as bad as not, but it's not very much fun anymore either :( It's like having a garage full of contraband cigarettes from a native reserve...you know someone's comin' for 'em you just don't know if it's tomorrow or in 20 years DUN DUN DUN
0_0.jpg0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:31 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 21 November 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Wow, I bet that thing was sweet. I guess now you could get a white Infernus and do the Lance Vance Dance.

Obviously your other topic got locked because you mistakenly attributed a quote to Spiderman's father when it was obviously from his uncle. Obviously. Get your nerd lore correct, CHARLATAN.

But yeah cop-cars were good clean fun. Tanks, Buzzards were potentially harmful but in my experience they really weren’t as common an issue as people made out.

Wow, I am such a scrib. Idntevnspoderman. I'm not actually sure why my previous topic got locked, I thought it was a funny and sarcastic dismantling of Rockstar's decision to take our vehicles that might have sparked some discussion. Guess not, lol.  

I agree on the point of the cop cars being good clean fun but the personal Lazers and Rhinos could get out of hand very quickly. In a personal tank vs. personal tank battle, no one wins...

EDIT:

To above:

I'm sorry for your loss...

Not a big fan of the blue on that Buffalo, but I love the Vapid Marked Cruiser. I like the wing on it, and that shade of white is beautiful.

garza337
  • garza337

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Brought these in myself, to bad I only got to drive them once. They were insured too

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Chrysocyon brachyurus's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Wow, I bet that thing was sweet. I guess now you could get a white Infernus and do the Lance Vance Dance.

Wow, I am such a scrib. Idntevnspoderman.

I agree on the point of the cop cars being good clean fun but the personal Lazers and Rhinos could get out of hand very quickly. In a personal tank vs. personal tank battle, no one wins...

It was sweet, fully up-graded and all.

Used it as a bounty car along with the police Dilettante for lolz.

• Mr Pha11us likes this

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

The only ones I saw were in BadSport and my preparations meant I had no trouble fighting them. Think I paid about $2000 total insurance across 8 hostile PV tanks that I blew up.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 21 November 2013 - 06:48 PM.

The only ones I saw were in BadSport and my preparations meant I had no trouble fighting them. Think I paid about $2000 total insurance across 8 hostile PV tanks that I blew up.

You sure about that dollar amount? The insurance on the Rhino was 18,500.

Wow, I am such a scrib. Idntevnspoderman.

It was sweet, fully up-graded and all.

Used it as a bounty car along with the police Dilettante for lolz.

I bet the lolz were just to strong. Again, I iz sry for your loss. We will remember them as they were; our faithful companions.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Brought these in myself, to bad I only got to drive them once. They were insured too

Those colors and rims are a bit flashy for my taste but I bet they were awesome. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

You can't pay what you don't have, so I just withdrew all my money on my 2nd character and went to town on my main. Robbing 1 store gave me enough for my legit tank, but every time I killed them they'd have to pay $18500 to get theirs back.  And when they get it delivered just blow them up again as they're trying to get in.

Could've done the same thing with bounties anyway, but it would've been less convenient.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

You can't pay what you don't have, so I just withdrew all my money on my 2nd character and went to town on my main. Robbing 1 store gave me enough for my legit tank, but every time I killed them they'd have to pay $18500 to get theirs back.  And when they get it delivered just blow them up again as they're trying to get in.

Could've done the same thing with bounties anyway, but it would've been less convenient.

Wow, that's actually a good idea to keep your money "safe". I was just going to dump all of my money into stocks when the time comes.

It would be catastrophic if something was to happen to your second character though... I would be careful.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

not lost yet ;)

That gold Vapid Unmarked was just toomuchsweg4me. I went with a more conventional color.

0_0.jpg

That is a lot of lost property...

Very sorry for your loss, I bet that police transporter was fun.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by Tritium, 21 November 2013 - 08:43 PM.

Haha, were you born this year?
Every other GTA allowed police vehicles and even tanks to be stored.
Even SP V let you store police vehicles.
N00B

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

Got rid of the tank on purpose to buy the Bifta, the Police Transporter is still standing to this day as I am very careful to destroy it each time I go into my garage.

Tough love I think they call it.

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security Lt

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

I didn't have any Police Vehicles, but they were awesome indeed. The FIB Buffalo is the best, too bad that we can't buy those tires.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Got rid of the tank on purpose to buy the Bifta, the Police Transporter is still standing to this day as I am very careful to destroy it each time I go into my garage.

Tough love I think they call it.

Best of luck keeping your transporter!

I didn't have any Police Vehicles, but they were awesome indeed. The FIB Buffalo is the best, too bad that we can't buy those tires.

The FIB Buffalo was a great vehicle. It's a shame none of the engine upgrades would stick in the transfer from SP to MP.

StraightOuttaGanton
  • StraightOuttaGanton

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

All you guys had to do was not enter garage or apartment and you can keep everything. I don't understand how so many people made this mistake. Gotta do some research beforehand next time guys..

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

All you guys had to do was not enter garage or apartment and you can keep everything. I don't understand how so many people made this mistake. Gotta do some research beforehand next time guys..

Considering I was one of the first people to join in the Beach Bum Pack "fun" at 5 am EST, I didn't really have the chance to do any research. My second character still has his personal tank though, but I would give that and my entire glitched bank account up just to have my Police Buffalo back.

I miss it so much :(

I cri evrytim

Kolourblynd
  • Kolourblynd

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Sounds like too little, too late; I would have said Thank R* for all of this, but too bad I already quit.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm A Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Sounds like too little, too late; I would have said Thank R* for all of this, but too bad I already quit.

If you're someone who would thank Rockstar for taking away everyone's police vehicles, it's most likely better that you're not a part of the community anymore.

Now thanking them for taking people's personal Tanks, Jets, and Helicopters is a different story. I think that needed to be done. In the case of police vehicles, however, the only thing they did was increase the amount of enjoyment the game provided.

• TimelyMeerkat and KPCC187 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users